Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

CBUB March 2013 Challenge

Fox

March

The Premise

Monthly, a writing challenge will be posted on this portion of the forums. Anybody who wants to write on the CBUB is able to participate. To participate simply create a match that follows the challenge rules to the CBUB main page. Then post a link to that fight on this page. Only one entry per contestant. There will be a two week deadline to post your match. Miss the deadline? Better luck next month. Special judges will pick their favorite matches based on creativity, uniqueness and all that writing mumbo jumbo. The Top Three winners will be announced here with the main winners fight going to the Official CBUB Hall Of Fame board as the writer of the month.

The Judges

Treacherous, Ruinus, Culwych come to mind, but any past winners that want to judge, pm Treacherous.

The Deadline

March 5 - March 24

The Challenge/Rules

Taken from Incredible Hulk's suggestion we have:

Ides of March: Characters (or just one) attempt to take down a government they think is evil. Alternatively, a character in power (super hero, political, even just a leader of a group) gets betrayed by said group.

The March Challenge Grand Prize

This month's challenge has three possible prizes:

Prize #1: for participants who enter a Match in the tournament (Not Judges) there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #2: for the one participant Judged to have created the best Match and be the winner of the March tournament that participant will receive one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #3: for the March tournament Judges only there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

This prize will be shipped directly from Amazon to prize winners.

Prize Eligibility for the Two Random Prize Drawings:

To be eligible for the two Random Drawings you must meet these requirements:

1. You must have participated in a previous CBUB Tournament (Prior to this March Tournament) with either an official match entry or as a official match Judge and have your name listed in the Tournament Participation History thread.

2. You must enter the March Tournament with a Match or be an official March Tournament Judge.

3. You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you.

Prize Eligibility for the One Tournament Winner's Prize:

To be eligible for the one Tournament Winners prize you must meet these requirements:

1. You must be selected by the Tournament Judges as having created the best match for the March tournament

2. You must enter the March Tournament with a Match

3. You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you

4. Previous participation history is not required for the match creator named the tournament winner by the judges

The one Tournament Winner's Prize and the two Random Draw prizes will occur after the deadline date (to be provided by Judges, above) and after the March Results thread is posted (whenever the Judges get around to it) in which their Challenge Winner is selected.

These three prizes are just to say thanks for participating in the Tournaments. It is open to the people who have been participating. Good Luck!

Thanks!

400x292xamazon_gift_card.png.pagespeed.ic.gTbNSQSt3f.png

This sounds interesting and I can find a way to make this work.

Guest Darxeth

The Challenge/Rules

Ides of March: Characters (or just one) attempt to take down a government they think is evil. Alternatively, a character in power (super hero, political, even just a leader of a group) gets betrayed by said group.

Does it have to be a Government or can it be an organization of sorts?

similar question for the second option. Does it have to be a hero or can it be a villain?

Guest Ruinus

No, it can be a group or team of people or whatever.

similar question for the second option. Does it have to be a hero or can it be a villain?

It doesn't matter if they are heroes or villains. They just have to be betrayed by someone they thought wouldn't do such a thing. ie it has to be a shock. It can't be... I dunno, one guy being betrayed by someone who's character means they betray people all the time. Think less A Sith Apprentice betraying his Sith Lord and more... Captain America stabbing the US President or MJ killing Spiderman in his sleep.

March

The Premise

Monthly, a writing challenge will be posted on this portion of the forums. Anybody who wants to write on the CBUB is able to participate. To participate simply create a match that follows the challenge rules to the CBUB main page. Then post a link to that fight on this page. Only one entry per contestant. There will be a two week deadline to post your match. Miss the deadline? Better luck next month. Special judges will pick their favorite matches based on creativity, uniqueness and all that writing mumbo jumbo. The Top Three winners will be announced here with the main winners fight going to the Official CBUB Hall Of Fame board as the writer of the month.

The Judges

Treacherous, Ruinus, Culwych come to mind, but any past winners that want to judge, pm Treacherous.

The Deadline

March 5 - March 24

The Challenge/Rules

The March Challenge Grand Prize

This month's challenge has three possible prizes:

Prize #1: for participants who enter a Match in the tournament (Not Judges) there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #2: for the one participant Judged to have created the best Match and be the winner of the March tournament that participant will receive one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

Prize #3: for the March tournament Judges only there will be a random drawing for one $50 Amazon Gift Card usable to buy stuff from Amazon.

This prize will be shipped directly from Amazon to prize winners.

Prize Eligibility for the Two Random Prize Drawings:

To be eligible for the two Random Drawings you must meet these requirements:

1. You must have participated in a previous CBUB Tournament (Prior to this March Tournament) with either an official match entry or as a official match Judge and have your name listed in the Tournament Participation History thread.
  2. You must enter the March Tournament with a Match or be an official March Tournament Judge.
  3. You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you.

Prize Eligibility for the One Tournament Winner's Prize:

To be eligible for the one Tournament Winners prize you must meet these requirements:

1. You must be selected by the Tournament Judges as having created the best match for the March tournament
  2. You must enter the March Tournament with a Match
  3. You must have a valid mailing address you are willing to provide in the event you win so that the prize can get to you
  4. Previous participation history is not required for the match creator named the tournament winner by the judges

The one Tournament Winner's Prize and the two Random Draw prizes will occur after the deadline date (to be provided by Judges, above) and after the March Results thread is posted (whenever the Judges get around to it) in which their Challenge Winner is selected.

These three prizes are just to say thanks for participating in the Tournaments. It is open to the people who have been participating. Good Luck!

Thanks!

400x292xamazon_gift_card.png.pagespeed.ic.gTbNSQSt3f.png

Hmm... can I use this as a basis for my own...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/03/world/asia/03indonesia.html?ref=indonesia ?

Guest Ruinus

Hmm... can I use this as a basis for my own...

http://www.nytimes.c...l?ref=indonesia ?

As far as I know we can't use real world events/governments/people in the setups, so I don't even know how you'd fit in the Indonesian government into the data base.

Or you mean that stuff is in the background? I don't personally care if you decide to set your stories in real world events so long as you don't name real world people. Though I'm not sure if there is any rule on this... For me I'd accept it as long as you remember that those events have real people, 21 people have died there.

As far as I know we can't use real world events/governments/people in the setups, so I don't even know how you'd fit in the Indonesian government into the data base.

Or you mean that stuff is in the background? I don't personally care if you decide to set your stories in real world events so long as you don't name real world people. Though I'm not sure if there is any rule on this... For me I'd accept it as long as you remember that those events have real people, 21 people have died there.

Yeah in the background... but if that is too innappropriate I'll look into something different.

My March Challenge entry

JLA betrayed Batman and the Outsiders

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30708

Awesome, first match is in. Hope to see more added to this.

Yes, exactly two more so I can at least place. JK

Good Luck to all.

Come on people, send em in.

Alrighty Ruinus I'll start working on mnie tomorrow.

Can the UN count as a governmental piece?

Guest Incredible Hulk

Can the UN count as a governmental piece?

It doesn't have to be a government, as said in Ruinus' previous comment in this thread:

No, it can be a group or team of people or whatever.

It doesn't matter if they are heroes or villains. They just have to be betrayed by someone they thought wouldn't do such a thing. ie it has to be a shock. It can't be... I dunno, one guy being betrayed by someone who's character means they betray people all the time. Think less A Sith Apprentice betraying his Sith Lord and more... Captain America stabbing the US President or MJ killing Spiderman in his sleep.

Come on people, send em in.

It's still kinda early in the competition so some people might still be working. Well that's what I'm doing at least.

Guest sithisson

I'll give this a try. Been trying to get back into writing as it was. Not sure if the idea I have fits precisely but it is a group of people betraying an division of the government of sorts.