MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 13568 Booster Gold and Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) vs. Power Man & Iron Fist

Culwych1

Learn More About

Booster Gold

Read more about Booster Gold at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry DC Universe Guide DC Database Profile

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)

Read more about Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics Links: Wikipedia DC Comics Wiki Comicvine

Power Man & Iron Fist

Read more about Power Man & Iron Fist at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Answers.com Answers.com

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Okay, colosseum probably means thagt Beetle doesn't have his ship.

Beetle is a highly skilled acrobat and fighter. He may be a better acrobat than Iron Fist but is not in the same league as a martial artist. His gun may equalize things a bit. The air blast would be hard to avoid and the flash could temporarily blind him. I don't think this is enough, though. Iron Fist is so skilled that he can fight blind, relying on his other senses, and still be very effective. He once beat Sabretooth while snow-blind. With this, plus the power of the Iron Fist, I think he takes down Beetle after a good fight.

Booster and Cage are both in the 20 ton + strength range and I can't find enough data to say which is stronger. Booster's suit gives him protection similar to what Luke's used to be (bullets hurt but don't penetrate) but Luke's has been enhanced greatly when his strength was boosted to its current level. He is much more durable than Booster. Booster has the edge in maneuverability (because of his Legion flight ring) and weapons because of his gauntlet blasters, so they're on a fairly even footing power-wise, so it comes down to personality. Booster is brave, but not very serious, whereas Cage is all business when it comes to fighting. After a tough fight, Cage wins this.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Can Booster leave his shields up constantly?

Can Booster fire through his shields?

My impression is that they're something he throws up for big attacks as opposed to something that's always on.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

The thing that makes me wonder is that in the DC listing they mention the force field as separate from the protection his uniform gives him. The force field is generated by the uniform so I don't understand why there would be two entries if it's always on.

I would imagine it could be that he constantly has a shield but can strengthen areas for major impacts

This is an assumption. Have to look up more info later

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

The DC database entry says the suit amplifies Booster up to the 20 ton level, though it can go higher for brief periods if needed.

Cage was originally at the 3 ton level but was boosted. I can't find anything official but estimates seem to range from 25-60 tons.

My best guess, he's stronger than Booster but not by a huge margin.

According to Comic Vine, Booster's force field is an old force field belt of Brainiac 5's. If this works the way it did in LoSH, he can't attack when he has it on, but it will resist Superman level attacks. It's a great thing to protect yourself and others from overwhelming attacks with.

Tactically, he can use the thing to keep Luke from beating him (and I doubt even the Iron Fist can get through it) but it's not going to help him beat Cage either.

Personally I think Blue Beetle is the weak link. He just doesnt have what it takes to fight with either on team two

I disagree. He could give Iron Fist a decent fight. Ted's like Batman except he had fun.

I just see Iron Fists special abilities being the difference maker between him and beetle

I wouldn't be so sure.

Iron Fist these days is a complete monster totally different from his earlier days. I believe Luke Cage's strength has increased a bit since being written by Bendis and Bendis saving the character.

Yeah but he wouldn't go all out in this scenario.

Booster can match Cage's strength if he exerts himself I believe. Also, Cage isn't getting through his forcefield when it's up.

Iron Fist has the ability to knock him out with one touch of his energy infused hand.

While Cage cant get through Booster's shield, he cant attack with it up. Eventually it would be two on one and Fist could beat the shield and then Cage attack while its down.