MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 13068 Goliath (Gargoyles) vs. Bane

DSkillz

Part 1: Demona vs. Kraven the Hunter

Part 2

Manhattan.JPG

It has indeed been an interesting (and long) night for Kraven the Hunter in his attempts to capture the rogue gargoyle, Demona. Their battle has raged on across much of Manhattan and for much of the night, as evident by the skies now taking on the familiar light bluish-gray hue of the impending dawn. Both combatants have taken their their share of lumps and bruises, but Kraven in particular has seen better days. He has amassed several deep lacerations from Demona's claws, as well as laser burns due to near-misses from her laser cannon. Fortunately for him, he has managed to evade her shots long enough for her weapon to burn out. However, he has also used up most of his own arsenal in the battle.

Kraven has at the moment managed to elude the blue-hued gargoyle's sight. He walks across the roof of an abandoned building in a desolate side of town, painfully clutching his side and on the brink of exhaustion. Even in his weakened state, Kraven is still every bit as determined as ever to capture his quarry, mainly for his own enjoyment of the hunt, but partially for the huge sum of money he was paid for this job. He knows, though, he has to stay vigilant or be killed, so he continues to keep an eye out for his deadly quarry.

He suddenly hears a whoosing sound, but barely has time to turn around before Demona glides in and grabs him by his vest.

"Why have your incessant taunts ceased, human? Perhaps you've finally realized you're hopelessly outmatched against a gargoyle!" Demona says with a devilish grin as she glides low while dragging Kraven across the roof back first.

The villainess has several cuts and bruises herself, including some small gashes in her wings, but is not nearly as battered and drained as the Hunter. She had planned to torture Kraven to learn the name of his employer, and has even tried to make an escape from the persistent man at some point. After a long night of fighting, though, she is perfectly satisfied with finishing this human pest once and for all.

Damn! The dawn is near! Demona laments as she looks up at the skies. I had better finish this fool quickly, before he gains the true advantage.

The various scattered debris on the roof gives the Hunter an additional beating, so much so that he can't reach for any of his remaining weapons. He tries kicking at Demona, but between the dragging and his current condition, he can't put any real force behind the blows. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees a steel pipe. While the gargoyle is distracted, Kraven manages to grab the object just as he's dragged toward it.

"Though a small part of me actually admires your perseverance, this is where it ends," Demona says.

Just as they reach the edge of the roof, Kraven grabs Demona's wrist with his free hand, then hits the villainess across her cheekbone with a sweeping motion of the pipe. They both then go tumbling head over heels over each other toward the ground far below. Since Demona is drifting out of consciousness, she can't glide to safety. They are both also falling far too quickly for Kraven to try to throw his grapple.

Only one chance... thinks Kraven.

Seeing no other alternative, Kraven struggles to manuever Demona so she hits ground first. Just before impact, the Hunter succeeds, and falls on top of the gargoyle as they both hit the pavement. The momentum bounces the man yards away immediately afterward. After falling from over twelve stories and with her neck horribly twisted, Demona dies instantly. And though the gargoyle takes the brunt of the fall, Kraven is hurt from the impact as well, and he soon blacks out.

Kraven wakes up a few minutes later, aching all over with a touch of vertigo. His haze quickly clears, however, at a sudden realization.

"Nyet! How long was I out?!" the Hunter exclaims as he starts to stand. "I must secure her before--"

He is abruptly cut off by a now-familiar growl and a vicious backhanded fist that sends him flying.

"Too late, human!" says a resurrected and fresh Demona with muted rage. "I warned you what would come of my demise. Now you will finally pay for crossing me with your life!"

Demona_red_eye.jpg

Eyes glowing red with fury, Demona leaps at the downed hunter growling and with claws poised for the kill. Kraven puts an arm up in defense just as she completes her pounce. They tumble for a moment, ending with Demona on top. The gargoyle sits up and feels a sharp pain in her stomach. It is then that she notices Kraven's last three tranquilizer darts sticking in her abdomen.

"You... I'll..."

With a last growl, she finally falls unconscious.

After a long night, Kraven, battered and weak as he is, feels a strong sense of pride after finally managing to subdue the blue-hued beast. But he would not get to enjoy his satisfaction for long.

"She almost finished you," booms a robust voice with a thick South American accent. "Our employer would not have been pleased."

"You," Kraven growls in disdain, recognizing the voice right away as he painfully makes his way toward Demona. A large, muscular man, larger even than Kraven, steps out of the shadows, clad in black pants and tank top and wearing a luchador-like mask. "Bane. Why are you intruding on my hunt?"

"I was... curious. I wanted to see a 'master hunter' in action," replies the larger man with a hint of sarcasm. "I can see you enjoy the chase too much."

"What would a mere 'wrestler' know of a hunt?" scoffs Kraven, clearly mocking the man's attire.

"I know that you must study your quarry, know it intimately, instead of merely charging in like a rabid dog. That is the best way to learn to BREAK it," replies Bane.

"I have studied this creature long enough, and I have much more skill than a 'rabid dog'," snarls Kraven, what little patience he has left for Bane's presence quickly wearing thin. "You, however, have 'studied' your prey for so long, that I begin to wonder if you actually fear these creatures."

"They will know the true meaning of fear soon enough, as may you, cazodor," says Bane, smirking under his mask.

"Bah! Is it not time, then, for you to--"

Kraven turns to face Bane, but sees he is already gone. At that moment, the sun fully rises, and Kraven's attention is diverted to Demona as her limp form transforms to that of a human woman. He wastes no time in tying her up in strong metal bonds.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eyrie.jpg

As dusk falls upon Castle Wyvern high atop the Eyrie Building, the stone gargoyle statues on the castle's highest tower start to crack and then break apart, revealing the Manhattan Clan awakened from their daily slumber. For the past few weeks, the Gargoyles have been living back at their ancestral home, courtesy of David Xanatos's gratitude for Goliath saving his son. While the Xanatoses are away in London, the Clan has free reign of the place. At this moment, all but the Clan's leader, Goliath, seem to be in good spirits.

"Still worried about Elisa, lad?" asks Hudson.

"It is strange we have not seen or heard from her in days," Goliath responds with a nod and his typical stern look. It has been a few weeks since Goliath and Elisa Maza finally declared their love for each other for the first time. With that, they had also started being a bit more open to each other. But as of four days ago, the human detective has suddenly dropped out of sight.

"Maybe Elisa's just working undercover again, Goliath," suggests Broadway. "It's all part of her being a detective."

"Aye, perhaps you're right," replies the clan leader. "Still, I think I'll look for her again tonight, just to be certain."

"We could all help you search again, father," says Angela. "We are all friends of Elisa, too."

"No, there's no need to panic just yet," Goliath responds as he walks to the tower's edge. "I'll take up the search alone this time."

"Besides," he continues, turning to his clan with a reassuring smile. "you all have your own plans for tonight."

The gargoyle leader then leaps from the tower and takes off into the Manhattan night. Brooklyn and Lexington are next to promptly swoop in another directon. Angela takes one last look at Goliath before she and Broadway take off soon afterward in yet another direction.

Hours later, after another long night of futile searching for Elisa, Goliath finally returns home. He lands on the castle's highest tower, where Hudson and Bronx are waiting.

"Did you find anything new, Goliath?" asks Hudson.

"No," replies Goliath in a disappointed tone. "Where are Angela and the Trio?"

"Hmm,... I haven't seen them since they left," says Hudson. "It is a bit peculiar that they haven't returned yet. But I wouldn't worry just yet. Angela and the lads can take care of themselves."

"I hope you're right, old friend," replies Goliath. "Come. The sun approaches. If the others are safe, they have likely found a safe perch by now."

And with that, the three remaining gargoyles pose in their usual positions on the tower, turning back to stone just as the sun rises.

As the sun sets again the next night, the gargoyles once again awaken from their stone sleep. Goliath briefly looks with concern into the Mahattan skyline, and without saying a word, glides off into the night. Hudson starts to say something, but knowing Goliath's worry over Elisa is increasing with each passing night, he thinks better of it and heads with Bronx back to their usual spot in front of the television.

A few hours later, Goliath perches himself on an apartment complex's roof and scans the surrounding area once more. Sighing to himself, he thinks about heading back home when out of the corner of his eye he notices a large silouetted mass moving quickly in the distance. The gargoyle turns just in time to see a limp wing hanging out from in front of the figure's arm.

A gargoyle wing.

This ellicits a brief growl from Goliath, and he starts to silently pursue the figure. After a few minutes of silent chase, the figure darts into a large warehouse, Goliath is gliding just close enough to see this and lands at the building's entrance soon afterward.

The large gargoyle walks in, the sounds of the machinery inside echoing loudly throughout its walls. So loudly, in fact, that Goliath almost doesn't hear some muffling sounds a minute after walking down a long hall. He follows the faint muffles to a doorway leading to a large, dimly lit room with six steel pillars and two running conveyor belts flanking them on either side. Goliath walks in, and as he steps in futher, he notices that several figures are shackled tightly to the left and right walls of the room. He lets out an audible gasp when he makes the figures on one side out to be Elisa Maza, Brooklyn, and Lexington.

"Elisa?" says Goliath.

"Goliath!" exclaims Elisa.

Goliath immediately rushes to Elisa's side, glad to see her for the first time in days. "Who did this to you?!"

"A huge, masked man that I've never seen before," she replies. "He took me right out of my apartment. Knocked me out before I could see him there."

"Yeah, he did this same with the rest of us and brought us here," chimes in Brooklyn.

"One human did this to the entire clan?" asks Goliath, slightly startled at this revelation.

"Yeah, he took us down in pairs, I think," adds Lexingtion. "I'm embarrassed to say that Brooklyn and I almost didn't see what hit us."

"Well, I am certain he cannot defeat the entire clan all at once," the lavender-skinned gargoyle says as he starts to tug at Elisa's restraints. "I'll soon have all of--"

"I wouldn't waste my time with that," says a voice from where Goliath can't see. "Those shackles are made from the strongest titanium alloy. I doubt either of us could break them."

"Besides," says Bane as he reveals himself on a catwalk high above Goliath and the rest. "you will be needing your strength very soon."

"Who are you?" demands Goliath, almost immediately sensing virtual evil from this man. "And why have you done this?"

Bane hops down from the catwalk, then catches and kicks off the nearest pillar, landing on his feet near the wall opposite from Goliath where Broadway, Angela, and an unconscious Hudson and Bronx are shackled.

"I will show you who I am," Bane replies. "Honestly, I did not expect you to find me here. But this saves me the trouble of hunting you down myself."

"So that is it, then? You kidnap my clan, and you intend to kill us all?"

"If I merely wanted to kill you, you all would already be dead. Your kind is pathetically vulnerable in its stone sleep," replies Bane coldly, eliciting a growl from Goliath.

gargoyles1_1.jpg

"No, I have been hired to subdue you, the girl, and your clan. And I have taken your clan with my bare hands, but not quite as easily as I imagined. Gargoyles are.. resilient," continues Bane, looking to and rubbing at noticeably large claw marks on his left chest area. "The corpulent one and the young female put up the best fight."

"Hired by whom, and to what end?" inquires Goliath.

"You will find out in time," he answers. "But for now, since you are here, I am willing to give you a chance to reclaim your friends."

Bane reaches into his pocket and pulls out a chain with a key attached, then fits the chain around his muscular neck.

"If you can defeat me in combat and take this key from my possession, you and your clan can go as you please," Bane offers. "If you cannot, you will all be my prisoners and my employer will do with you as he wishes."

"If that is what it will take, human," Goliath responds with a low growl as his eyes glow white once again. "so be it!"

"A fair warning, creature," Bane calmly walks toward Angela as he adjusts a dial on the back of his left hand. "This will be the most brutal battle you have ever faced."

Bane suddenly arches his back and convulses where he stands. The villain yells out as his muscle mass greatly increases, almost stretching the chain on his neck to its limits. As this happens, he also grows to nearly the same height as Goliath. The gargoyle is taken aback by this sight, but is far from intimidated.

"Watch out, Goliath!" cries Angela. "He took this same form when he fought Broadway and I!"

Bane, breathing harshly, turns toward the young gargoyle with a near-feral look in his eyes. Angela only has time to briefly growl at Bane before he stikes her with a vicious right hook, nearly knocking her unconscious.

This is more than Goliath can bear. The mighty gargoyle lets out a furious, terrifying roar, his wings unfolding fully and eyes glowing white as he stands erect.

"Yes, that's it, animale! Don't hold back! Unleash your FULL fury! GIVE ME YOUR ALL!!"

In response, Goliath gets on all fours and charges.

Well, Rank 5 was nice... Alright, this is the long-delayed second chapter of my Gargoyles arc. Here are the parameters.

First of all, let me start be saying that this is NOT the New 52 version of Bane I'm using here.

This is Bane a few months after breaking out of Arkham Asylum after Azrael defeated him in Knightfall. His normal venom at this time would give him a max strength of 3 tons, which would make him a good match for many gargoyles, but he'd still be a good deal weaker than Goliath. So, per this set-up, Bane is using a slightly enhanced version of his original venom, which has allowed him to defeat and capture Goliath's clan in combat in 1 1/2 nights. It makes him stronger, quicker, and even heals him a bit faster than his original venom did (though it heals him more slowly than, say, Deathstroke). The drawback to this new venom is that using it makes Bane a good deal more unstable that the old venom did, and therefore dulls his intellect and skill by some degree.

As for Goliath, he is experienced and typically pretty clever in combat. As a gargoyle, Goliath can glide in the air and is also quicker than normal humans. He is strong enough to rend and bend solid steel. Judging from the feats shown in the show, I'd say he's capable of pressing 4-5 tons. He's also strongest and at his best in combat when fully enraged or determined. Like most gargoyles, Goliath also has a fifth limb aside from his arms and legs to use in battle: his tail.

The goal here is almost strictly a hand-to-hand battle, possibly to the death. Goliath is also trying to get the key from Bane so he can free Elisa and his clan, but the chain around Bane's neck is made of the same titanium alloy as the shackles holding Elisa and the clan, so Goliath can't just snatch it off mid-battle. Bane wants to subdue Goliath for his mystery employer, but things may possibly escalate past that point.

Guest Supes Rulez

I'd say Goliath, but BARELY. And I mean barely to the point of both combatants being bloody, bruised, a few broken bones here and there, and one of Goliath's wings injured.

At the end he would perhaps claw at the Venom supply and subdue Bane from that point, but even if Bane IS subdued Goliath will need some rest and he'll have to get his friends out of there quickly.

Awesome match.

I'd say Goliath, but BARELY. And I mean barely to the point of both combatants being bloody, bruised, a few broken bones here and there, and one of Goliath's wings injured.

At the end he would perhaps claw at the Venom supply and subdue Bane from that point, but even if Bane IS subdued Goliath will need some rest and he'll have to get his friends out of there quickly.

Awesome match.

Thanks for the comment, Supes!

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

This is a good one! Bane is an excellent villain for the gargoyles (Kraven too, for that matter) both thematically and in terms of power level. You've also got me interested in the mastermind behind this. Is the first story on this arc available to read somewhere?

Size is close to even, I think your estimate of Goliath's strength it a good one so he gets a slight advantage there. Goliath is intelligent but he thinks deeply more than he thinks quickly, if that makes sense. I think this will give even a duller than usual Bane an advantage in tactics. Bane also has better training as a fighter, but Goliath has great fighting instincts and a lot of experience, so I'd call that a wash.

Bane can't dominate Goliath the way he would a human foe, trying that just get his head torn off by talons capable of gouging stone or even steel. He needs to fight like Ali did against stronger boxers, staying elusive and landing solid shots when there's a good opportunity. He probably also wants to keep Goliath too mad to think so he'll be throwing out a string of verbal taunts. I think that Bane has the potential to win, but not quickly and not if he loses his cool.

Goliath, on the other hand, has a chance to end the fight quickly. Bane's weakness is his venom. If Goliath can make it malfunction the way Batman did several times on Batman: TAS, the fight is his. By himself, the gargoyle might never see this; technology is not something he has long-time experience with. However, Bane has left Elisa conscious, and this is how she thinks. She could change the course of the fight by shouting out Bane's weakness to Goliath.

I'm going to go with Goliath, though this is close. I'd say that Goliath can win this set up something like 55 times out of 100.

This is a good one! Bane is an excellent villain for the gargoyles (Kraven too, for that matter) both thematically and in terms of power level. You've also got me interested in the mastermind behind this. Is the first story on this arc available to read somewhere?

Thanks! I put the link to the first story at the top of this current one.

Bane can't dominate Goliath the way he would a human foe, trying that just get his head torn off by talons capable of gouging stone or even steel. He needs to fight like Ali did against stronger boxers, staying elusive and landing solid shots when there's a good opportunity. He probably also wants to keep Goliath too mad to think so he'll be throwing out a string of verbal taunts. I think that Bane has the potential to win, but not quickly and not if he loses his cool.

Goliath, on the other hand, has a chance to end the fight quickly. Bane's weakness is his venom. If Goliath can make it malfunction the way Batman did several times on Batman: TAS, the fight is his. By himself, the gargoyle might never see this; technology is not something he has long-time experience with. However, Bane has left Elisa conscious, and this is how she thinks. She could change the course of the fight by shouting out Bane's weakness to Goliath.

Actually, with the enhanced venom I gave Bane, it's possible he's about as strong and durable as Goliath, if not moreso (this may depend on the final vote here). Remember, in this story Bane managed to take down the entire clan a pair at a time by hand. Goliath just may have to use his head more here, but yeah, he just may have some outside coaching.

Guest skadoosh

Goliath could win this, due to his extensive experience in battle and his formidable physical attributes, claws that can cut through steel, the strength to lift cars, wings for gliding and defense, etc, but if he does beat Bane, who is an incredibly skilled combatant and physically superhuman himself, it will be so far from easy he might even die of the wounds he sustains. Bane could win, too, of course, but it would be just as difficult for him to do so. Goliath has enough physical attributes and combat experience to make up for his lack of skill on a par with Banes, who outclasses him in martial arts and whatnot. They are both great tacticians, but Bane probably has an edge there as he's generally smarter than the Gargoyle. Bane has the capability to win, but his weakness is more exploitable, so if Goliath takes out his Venom supply, which he's very capable of doing, if he knows he has to, then he'd win easily once he did so. It's very bloody close, no matter who it goes to, but i might have to give it to Goliath, by just one, little point.

Also, have you made this fight before, or am i making that up?

Well I must say this was a very well done story and you will receive a well deserved A from me. I wish I didn't miss the first one and I will have to catch up on it eventually but as for this match now, it will be a very interesting battle. I will just start off by saying that I think Goliath has this but it will in way be an easy victory. As it has been stated Goliath has combat experience and flight as well as strength and pretty sharp claws, Bane also has his share of qualities. He is genius, which will give him a pretty big edge, along with a pretty vicious fighter. He has strength that is pretty close to a Gargoyle. It would be a very awesome match to see but I think if Goliath could take away Bane's venom, then the match would end there. Bane would not have the strength that he needs to go head to head with Goliath and thus Goliath come out on top.

Huh, not sure why EF's not letting me show secondary images from Goliath's profile on this match, but OK, I have one up now.

And a lot of people reading this match seem to be overlooking an important factor here: Bane is not using the same old venom in this match that he used in Knightfall; he's using a more potent version conceived just for this arc that increases his phyisical attributes and healing factor even moreso than the original (hence why Bane was able to capture the entire clan in combat two at a time). So, in this match, he may very well be a physical match for Goliath. The drawback I added with this new, more potent venom is that it also makes Bane even more mentally unstable than the original venom did.

Also, have you made this fight before, or am i making that up?

I think you're referring to this match:

http://www.electricf...=+goliath +bane

I did say I would wait awhile before I made my own match with these characters, and now mine is here.

Well I must say this was a very well done story and you will receive a well deserved A from me. I wish I didn't miss the first one and I will have to catch up on it eventually but as for this match now, it will be a very interesting battle.

Thanks, Boratz! If you want to read the first match of this arc, the link is at the very top of this match.

Against popular vote, I'm going to go with Bane for a few reasons.

1. He's much more skilled (even with the new Venom enhancing/detracting his overall potency in combat). While he doesn't have the experience edge, he has the quality edge, I think. Batman and Azrael in and of themselves (especially considering the suit Azrael was in when Bane fought him) are higher quality opponents than what Goliath has faced.

2. He may or may not have the strength advantage, but I think the combat speed advantage goes to Bane rather than Goliath. With the new, enhanced Venom fueling him, he can put more power and speed into his blows.

3. I don't think Bane is beyond picking up an unconscious (or even conscious for that matter) Gargoyle and smacking Goliath around with them, considering his slightly out-of-control, heat of the moment state, which would force Goliath to dodge and expend his energy in trying not to hurt them or trying to disarm Bane of them, which would also take time.

EDIT: Also, I really liked this match, and I like your writing style. A.

Interesting points, corvette. A few things, though:

2. He may or may not have the strength advantage, but I think the combat speed advantage goes to Bane rather than Goliath. With the new, enhanced Venom fueling him, he can put more power and speed into his blows.

That's possible, but the bulk of the added muscle may possibly affect Bane's manueverability, and may therefore slightly affect his quickness.

3. I don't think Bane is beyond picking up an unconscious (or even conscious for that matter) Gargoyle and smacking Goliath around with them, considering his slightly out-of-control, heat of the moment state, which would force Goliath to dodge and expend his energy in trying not to hurt them or trying to disarm Bane of them, which would also take time.

Elisa and the other gargoyles are tightly restrained to the walls by those titanium shackles, so picking them up is probably out of the question. However, there may be other ways Bane can try to use them to his advantage, or they may somehow just get in the way of both fighters.

Nice to see you write up a match D. Tough call here, both have advantages that make it even.

Thanks, Hayes! About time you commented on a match of mine.

Interesting points, corvette. A few things, though:

That's possible, but the bulk of the added muscle may possibly affect Bane's maneuverability, and may therefore slightly affect his quickness.

Elisa and the other gargoyles are tightly restrained to the walls by those titanium shackles, so picking them up is probably out of the question. However, there may be other ways Bane can try to use them to his advantage, or they may somehow just be in the way of both fighters.

While it may affect his maneuverability, if he's accustomed to it he'll have long adapted (as he'll know exactly how it was due to photographic memory, and if not that easily adapt in combat).

For that part, derp. I must've read it incorrectly.

While it may affect his maneuverability, if he's accustomed to it he'll have long adapted (as he'll know exactly how it was due to photographic memory, and if not that easily adapt in combat).

Good point. That's something I'll probably address in the (eventual) re-cap.

EDIT: Also, I really liked this match, and I like your writing style. A.

Thanks, corvette! This one has been way too long in coming.

My god......This is why i join here because of storys here and someday i will make a good story Keep up teh good work And oh Goliath takes this.

Heh, forgot to address one more point. I guess this is what happens when one stays up so late finishing a match the night prior.

While he doesn't have the experience edge, he has the quality edge, I think. Batman and Azrael in and of themselves (especially considering the suit Azrael was in when Bane fought him) are higher quality opponents than what Goliath has faced.

That's actually a bit debatable. In Macbeth, Goliath's also faced a skilled opponent that's lived over a millenium and likes to use gagdets in combat. He's also fought Xanatos, a skilled and clever fighter in his own right who likes to wear enhanced battle suits.

My god......This is why i join here because of storys here and someday i will make a good story Keep up teh good work And oh Goliath takes this.

Thanks, khoi!

Guest skadoosh

I think you're referring to this match:

http://www.electricf...=+goliath +bane

I did say I would wait awhile before I made my own match with these characters, and now mine is here.

Ah, yes, must have been thinking of that match. Well, you definitely made this your own, so congrats, and, personally, i am aware that Bane has enhanced Venom in this fight but, as i said in my comment, i still doubt he wins, but either way it's damn close.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

That's actually a bit debatable. In Macbeth, Goliath's also faced a skilled opponent that's lived over a millenium and likes to use gagdets in combat. He's also fought Xanatos, a skilled and clever fighter in his own right who likes to wear enhanced battle suits.

LOL! Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael would be a helluva follow-up match to this.

Ah, yes, must have been thinking of that match. Well, you definitely made this your own, so congrats, and, personally, i am aware that Bane has enhanced Venom in this fight but, as i said in my comment, i still doubt he wins, but either way it's damn close.

Thanks, man. I've actually had this match in mind for Goliath ever since shortly after I added him to the databases way back when.

LOL! Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael would be a helluva follow-up match to this.

Heh, yeah. In the end, though, I could almost see Xanatos somehow managing to convince Jean-Paul to work for him. :D I already have a match in mind for Xanatos, though, so maybe it could made into a matchup outside of this arc one day.

Ignore Corvette, he's just a Bane fanboy. :P

In all seriousness, nice set-up, Skillz. I see Goliath taking this after a tough fight. Experience, as well as the advantage of flight, should see him through. Despite what a certain Vette says, Xanatos in the power armor would rip Bane a new one.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Tried posting a reply but it didn't take.

Any chance we'll see Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael sometime in this arc? That'd be cool.

Ignore Corvette, he's just a Bane fanboy. :P

In all seriousness, nice set-up, Skillz. I see Goliath taking this after a tough fight. Experience, as well as the advantage of flight, should see him through. Despite what a certain Vette says, Xanatos in the power armor would rip Bane a new one.

Thanks, AVP! It never really mattered to me who won in any of my matches, though, as long as the match is entertaining and at least fairly close. I tried to make things as even as possible with this one, and I've also made arguments for both fighters in my comments.

Tried posting a reply but it didn't take.

Did you press the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of my previous post? Doing so automatically quotes it in the typing space for the next post you want to make. As for your question:

Any chance we'll see Xanatos in Steel Clan armor vs. Azrael sometime in this arc? That'd be cool.

Heh, yeah. In the end, though, I could almost see Xanatos somehow managing to convince Jean-Paul to work for him. :D I already have a match in mind for Xanatos, though, so maybe it could made into a matchup outside of this arc one day.