X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Cartoons, CGI, and Other Non-Anime Animation

DSkillz

Guest silversurfer092

I don't troll. I just express opinions that stray from the fanboy hivemind collective.

I haven't seen an episode of Teen Titans Go! but better than Batman Begins? C'mon now.

Guest thanosisawesome

I don't troll. I just express opinions that stray from the fanboy hivemind collective.

What do you like about TTG?

Guest Shockwave

I tried to give it a shot and the ONLY good thing about it was Raven's love of the shows version of My Little Pony cause it's freaking funny as hell to watch Raven gush over something.

Guest badpierce

Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile. 

Guest tomisntblue

Teen Titans Go > Teen Titans, Young Justice, Green Lantern, and all of the DC direct to DVD movies

It's also better than Man of Steel, the Green Lantern movie, Batman Begins, The DC Nu52, and the original Watchmen comic book.

But it isn't as good as the Batman: Brave and the Bold cartoon. That was awesome.

I caught a few episodes of Teen Titans Go, because I liked the concept in theory. And while there are some funny moments, and some really good ideas, to me it seems to lack any sense of comedic timing or delivery. Half the good jokes are lost in that, then the rest of the jokes seem to be "Cyborg and Beast Boy are yelling" or "Hey guys! In case you missed it, here's our joke." 

I feel like it desperately wants to be Adventure Time, but doesn't actually understand what makes Adventure Time funny.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've watched for episodes of Avengers Assemble... and I'm still waiting for things to warm up. I feel that the studio's trying too hard to be like a Whedon movie to the point of being corning. The standing art looks gorgeous, but the action feels clunky at times.

Then I watched Beware the Batman... and enjoyed it. How the hell does every Batman show end up good?

Guest bigballerju

A Batman cartoon honestly by this point is hard to screw up. I saw a few episodes of Ultimate Spiderman. It's actually fun and quite good. May have to check that out. The Deadpool clips I saw cracked me up.

A Batman cartoon honestly by this point is hard to screw up. I saw a few episodes of Ultimate Spiderman. It's actually fun and quite good. May have to check that out. The Deadpool clips I saw cracked me up.

Ultimate spiderman has got a lot of hate for not being the spectacular spiderman cartoon. It's not as good sure, but ultimate has its ups.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I don't hate Ultimate Spiderman for not being Spectacular Spiderman, but I don't like it nearly as well. There's way too much breaking of the fourth wall for me. They mean it to be funny but they do it so much they run it into the ground. And a lot of the over the top characterizations (especially Aunt May.) It seems to me they haven't learned one of the fundamental ruled of story telling which is let your humor be integral to the story. When they effectively stop the story so they can do something "funny" it comes across as ham-handed.

The character designs are really nice-looking. It's a beautifully drawn cartoon.

Guest silversurfer092

Isn't Spectacular Spider-Man the show that was made for like 6 year olds? I'm pretty sure I downloaded all of it, watched a minute of the first episode, then deleted it all.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

It was definitely not made for six year olds.

Greg Weisman of Gargoyles was head writer. The show was edgy and cleverly written with a fresh take on a lot of old Spidey stories, and (because it was Weisman) there were plenty of literary references, especially Shakespeare.

The animation was more cartoony than usual from Marvel. Sean Galloway (Jackie Chan adventures) did the character designs and it took me a little time to get used to them, but it was well worth it. For my money it's one of the top five animated superhero shows of all time because of the writing and direction.

Guest bigballerju

It wouldn't make my top 5 animated superhero shows. The writing was good but I never liked the animation and for me that's important. Their are other animated superhero shows that take my top 5 spot. It's definitely in the top 10 though.

Eh, I'd say the designs of SSM's characters were more the actual cartoony aspect than the animation. If anything, the simpler drawings of the characters made for more fluid animation than any Spider-Man cartoon that preceded it. 

Guest bigballerju

The first episode for Beware of Batman was good. The 3d animation was done very well. I wouldn't mind seeing other DC shows done in that same aspect if they do more shows. 

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I would have liked to have seen where S-3 would have gone. They seemed to be leading up to using the Jackal as a major villain and I think Carnage was in the works too.

Yeah, I hear Phineas and Ferb are gonna be the dudes who defeat Thanos in the upcoming Infinity miniseries. Also, they announced that it'll be them instead of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2. Marvel is totally ruined forever and ever.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened, but next will probably be Darth Vader getting defeated by Phineas and Ferb. I actualy made a H!tler rants parody about the upcoming episode.

Wait has it been that long already? i need to check back on the forms more often, though usually i don't get any response. Uh disregard.

Edited by Mercenaryblade