Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Battle in Manhattan

C.T.

Nick Fury watches impassively with his one good eye as Stark leads the way with his suit while the others follow in a jet. He smirks in success. "They found him."

He turns to his assistant. "Hill, get communications back up. I want to know everything."

Hill nods and starts to turn. "Right away sir."

"Oh and Hill?" he adds.

"Yes?" she replies.

He turns and gives her a steely glare. "Get Beta Team ready to go as well."

She smiles and nods. "I was wondering when you'd make them public."

--------------------------

"So now you know. The Avengers are already there or on the way. Now that Loki is ready and his army is coming and soon...we'd like to unveil our other team as well." Hill says to the individual before her.

He simply frowns. "Team? Not teams?"

Hill smiles. "At this time, we'd still like to keep a card or two up our sleeves before something...someone forces our hand."

He sighs. "SHIELD never changes...does it?"

Hill shrugs. "We have, a fair amount. Before Coulson and Stark met...well we haven't before done anything as risky as the Avengers Initiative."

He nods. "True...however, that's only because you had to. Just like Phase-2, I reckon."

Hill gapes in shock. "How did you..."

"You have your weapons, I have my methods. We play with the toys we're given." he replies. "Now, enough conversation. I better get over there." he says before flying off in a flash of light.

Hill nods in agreement as she watches him fade from sight. "Right." she says to no one in particular. "Good luck."

--------------------

He arrives, just in time. From a distance, he watches as Tony fires upon the approaching figures above Stark Tower, lighting a fair amount up. Still, even from this distance he can see it's not enough as they start to spread out and strafe the surrounding areas.

"Time to help." he remarks before increasing speed. Soon enough, he's close enough and blasts a few of the assailants with energy beams, before slowing down and tackles one into the ground. He quickly jumps up and punches another into a nearby car, kicks two others into unconsciousness with a quick roundhouse and turns and blasts the last one before rocketing off. "Alright, fourth street's clear."

"Beta Lead, you hear me?" Fury's voice crackles into his ear piece.

"Loud and clear." he replies.

"Good. The rest of the Avengers have arrived to help out Stark." Fury says.

He glances off to the side, watching lightning bolts fry a lot of the bastards. "No kidding."

"Also...the rest of Beta team is getting briefed and will be on the way soon." Fury notes.

"Don't hurry them on my account, its not like the city is in danger." he remarks.

"Just do what you can." Fury replies.

--------------------

Fury and Hill stand before the fresh-faced Beta Team members, each of them eager and willing to serve. He stares at each of them in turn...knowing that some may not return from this battle...but wishes they all could.

"Alright, listen up. The Avengers are already in Manhattan, fighting against Loki and his army of aliens...the Chitauri. We don't know where they're from and it doesn't really matter right now. What does matter is that they are currently obliterating Manhattan, despite the Avengers best efforts." Fury states. "Which is why you are all here. We need all the help that we can get. Now, your team leader is already on-site. You are to meet up with him ASAP."

A picture of him flashes up on screen. "He's not the perfect leader...but he is a space cop and has experience dealing with aliens. Moreover, in terms of power he's a cross between Iron Man and Thor in certain aspects...which are all good reasons he's team lead." Fury remarks.

"Now, go and do your duty. Good luck. Dismissed." Fury barks as an order.

The various members of the team head out to the hangar, some more reluctantly then others but all the same, they go. Clambering aboard, the two red shirt SHIELD pilots close the opening hatch and take off. Setting a course for Manhattan, the pilots glance at the unsavory group and wonder about them, before returning sight to the wide open sky before them.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Bullseye was minding his own business in the back of the group as Fury gave the debrief. Seeing as the 'useful' information for him equated out to "Don't kill the other team members" and "kill some aliens without showboating" he wasn't paying much attention. As everyone was moved onto the quinjet he calmly brought up the rear, showing off his arsenal that had been suggested he take with him on the mission, a couple of firearms and filled pockets. He kept on a pair of sunglasses to hide his eyes and under his leather jacket was something resembling SHIELD uniform, but the color and insignias were different. He finally takes whatever spare seat there is before clasping his hands together out of boredom. After a few seconds, he waits for the pilots to take to the air before speaking to the rest of his 'allies'.

"I expected Fury to cover this, but since he didn't I might as well give you fellows a warning or two; don't get in my sights when I'm shooting and don't let me near pointy objects if you don't want a mess...I like getting creative sometimes." he says passively before ending with the slightest of smirks. He expected to piss someone off, but if that failed he wouldn't press the matter for the moment. Regardless he did a weapons check to make sure he wouldn't have to rely on chucking his guns at the Chitauri to kill them...not that he wasn't confident in his ability to do so.

Guest nrdman

"I wonder when Fury downloaded me to this, this, well, whatever this thing is? Are there others Fury 'backed-up'? Why me? I better leave those questions for later, right now I need to do what I can."

"I'll try to remember that, Lester, as long as you play nice. I know you have trouble doing that sometimes."

Moon Knight stood impassively at the front of the group, arms folded, as Fury briefed them. He listened somewhat impatiently, giving the occasional nod, until the time came for the team to head to the hangar and board their aircraft.

After lift-off, Spector stood near the front of the vehicle, grasping a hand railing and observing the city through the window. It didn't look good. These "Chitauri" were numerous and advanced, it seemed-- not exactly a good sign considering they were invading the planet.

He decided to perform a quick inventory check to pass the time. His weapons were all accounted for, and he wore his costume composed of the rare metal, Carbonadium. He ignored Bullseye's comments, thinking it best not to socialize with psychopaths unless he had to.

Guest hamtaroblazex

Titanium man stood in the back, his 11 foot frame stood frozen, unmoving, intently listening to the briefing. Under the titanium helment, Boris had a smug grin on his face. The thought of being able to test his suit on live targets really pleased him. Not only that, but, Iron man was in the city? He felt like he just won the lottery. But, one thing at a time. If he couldn't beat down these abominations, how could he take out Iron man?

Like the others, Boris boarded the aircraft. He headed towards the middle of the plane, scanning the others through his visor. Some of them seemed up to snuff, others didn't. One was particularly cocky, which elicit a hearty laugh from the armored man. He was going to say something, but, it not need to be said.

The card of great tragedy and death, none had ever seen it and lived to walk away. First, he usually their attention now, as they wondered what he was doing. Then, from there it all just panned out naturally. Des Chitauri would find out soon enouh. As he stepped onto the aircraft, Gambit reached into his pocket and drew Ace of Spades, his card. Most people when they saw it looked downright afraid, because they knew what Gambit could do with it. While still glancing at the card, he chuckled as he heard Bullseye "Oh? Color me impressed mon ami."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Bullseye looks towards the one that identified him as Lester. He didn't physically react beyond that, only mentally figuring Fury put someone on SHIELD on the team, likely to watch em.

Wise move Nick, Bullseye thinks to himself as he takes out a toothpick and puts it in his mouth. He chomps on it a bit before speaking back.

"Don't worry about it spook, I'm making friends already." he says, making a slightly larger grin than from earlier as he motioned to the rather large man with a sense of humor as well as the cajun card player. With that he turned to Gambit and gave him a look over. Focusing on the card in his hand for a bit he then glanced between Gambit's face and his hand a few times. He played with his toothpick before speaking. "Nice cards, know any good tricks? I got a few, but they're not terribly flashy." he notes without changing demeanors in the slightest.

Remy Lebeau was devilishly handsome, yet still a little bit gritty in the looks department. He always managed to have a hint of stubble on his angular jaw line and it seemed like his skin was permanently permeated with the addicting scent of cigarette smoke and booze. Still, the man was the ultimate lady-killer. Still holding the card, he glanced over at Bullseye, with his unusual eyes. Signature red on black, like hot coals in a fire almost. "Well,it depends mon ami. Can Jus' get' a rise outta anybody. Watch them go through dere full range of emotions - grim t'grimmer.", His grin grew bigger as the card started to glow a hellish red. " Surprised to see?...I know I am!" Gambit joked.

Guest bigballerju

Punisher sat alone as he prepped his guns and equipment. He had brought his heavy gear for the battle that laid ahead. His rocket launcher was strapped to the back of this trenchcoat. On his belt he had grenades and explosives in their medium sized sockets hooked up from him to just grab whenever he needed it in the battle. In smaller sockets he had his two hunting knifes. To his side he had his SMG and AK-47. To make him happier all his weapons seemed to have Shield upgrade which made him smile almost and were better then anybody could Punisher within his trenchcoat wore a bulletproof vest that had his skull on it as well. Punisher observed his teammates as he looked at a few that made his blood boil. Some of them were dying for him to put a bullet in their heads right there and right now. Shield had used a few scum of the Earth like Bullseye for this secret team. He knew when Fury stressed in the briefing not to kill your teammates he was talking mostly to him. He gave Fury his promise when he accepted the deal for the time being he would not kill any villains that were his teammates. Of course he didn't tell Fury if he would keep the promise when everything was all said and done. Though for now he would just have to deal with them.

For the time being Punisher kept to himself and said nothing. Words with his other team members weren't needed. He had a mission to do and he was going to do it. All those little aliens were about as good as dead when he touched the ground. Right now he was already running different images on how he would go about attacking them. It would be a heated battle and he needed to be on point for this mission. He didn't plan on getting himself killed with any unneeded actions in this battle. Their were mob bosses, mafias, villains, and other scums he had to return to killing when all of this was over. Hell he had to start making plans to take out that fat piece of shit called Kingpin who ran New York and was giving that Daredevil hero problems.

Punisher looked to the rest of his teammates as he spoke the only few words he would say to them on the way to the battlefield and then go back to mentally preparing himself for this battle.

" If any of you are pieces of shit not worth living don't get in my way on that battlefield or I can't help it if a bullet manages to accidentally come flying your way. Oh and if you have any prayers don't bother saying them. When I am on that ground God is gone sit this one out."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Bullseye hardly lets a second pass from the pilots speaking before joining in.

"Definitely has some flair to it, I'll admit that." he chuckles before going over some things in his head. "Something bad might happen if I touch it eh? Memory's a bit fuzzy on that detail." he asks in a tone that denotes he might just try to pull something as he twirls the toothpick. It's around that time he hears Castle speak. He chomps on the toothpick again as he finishes up. He visibly turns to him and just sneers before looking away. He coudl ell he was fully armed and had his weapons primed. It just made it that much harder to resist pressing the guy, the scenario seemed about even given the circumstances to Bullseye. He definiely knew Frank would pull it without a single problem. That was the fun of it given the confines. Instead though, he just shrugs.

"Very well Frank, that's professional courtesy at the very least. I hope you can do the same." he says, switching to an even tone as he went back to minding his own business.

Carlos grinned at Punisher before pulling down his mask, once it was down he commented, a slightly patronising tone in his voice.

"Of course, I'll make a special note to stay away from you and your toys."

After speaking he simply leaned back, seemingly bored with the happenings.

Black panther stood slightly away from the others, observing their movements and listening to conversations as he waited to arrive. He found no reason to converse with anyone yet, they were outsiders. Despite him being more open to outsiders than the rest of his people, he was still wakandan and thus, did not trust the team.

"Yo, Tin Man, Lester. How does it feel to be poor men's versions of Stark and Barton?" One of the pilots snickered. The other held up his hand for a bro-fist, which was returned.

Guest Jeremi

Spiral had listened intently to the debrifing an would now be listening to the talking and bickering inside the craft while she herself was sitting alone checking the weapons she had brought along.

"Conflict everywhere. If not against human opressors than it's aliens."

She said to no one in particular.

"I guess that is the price you pay for laying with the devil."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Bullseye's gaze slowly but surley rested on the pilots. He only smirked at them but he was looking for something to shoot near them. Killing the pilots clearly wasn't a good idea even if he hadn't crossed his heart and pinky promised to not kill any SHIELD personnel. But going off the no harm, no foul rule set he looked for something they wouldn't miss. A magazine or soda can and the like, anything that would be a good shot to make. Bullseye didn't need a bow to wreak some havoc, he prided himself on it.

Both the pilots could feel the cold glare of Bullseye resting on the back of their heads. Eager to distract him, they responded to the female. "Quite poetic....and philosophical."

Guest Jeremi

"And the sad truth." She replied to the pilot. "I am here because I seeked asylum, I assume the others gathered here got something in it as well. We are no 'heroes' like those so called Avengers. We're fodder for them to do the real work." She'd sit down in her seat again all arms folded. "I left an oppressive government only to fall under the thumb of another...10 minutes in to this 'teams' first meeting we're sent out..." Spiral stopped there and fell silent once again.

From his comfortable spot on the ceiling, Spider-Man yawned. Fingers interlaced behind his head, right leg doubled over the left, it was like being on an unseen hammock. "Ladies, ladies, keep it down up there! Or is it down there... Whatever. Can't you see I'm catching up on some beauty sleep?"

He took a moment to glance down at his midnight black attire; a comfortable, self proclaimed stylish outfit. Of course, it was as alive as he was. "Not that I need it."

"Hey Spidey, gotta say, I dig the goth look." Pilot #1 remarked.

"Yeah, very badass. Next thing you're telling me, you're going to swagger around the streets trying to look like awesome..." Pilot #2 joked.

Guest nrdman

"When did Fury hire these two? Hmm, better keep an eye on them"

Coulson tries to figure if these guys are real S.H.I.E.L.D. agents or just some imposters.

Guest Jeremi

"It would be better then the one we have now were only mutants are being hunted by the government." She replied in a standoffish way before falling silent once again. A bit too harsh, Spiral thought to herself. Fury had after all helped her and her sister to start anew here in New York after all. Emotions were flaring over, concern for her sister...she had been in the city when this attack had started. Spiral hoped she was smart enough to keep her head done and survive.

"Your kind do have quite a few egotistical psychopaths who lower the mutant race's reputation as a whole." Moon Knight stated, eyes transfixed on the city below them.

"Not saying that justifies the general populace's treatment of the race, but Magneto and his supporters' terrorism doesn't help improve the mutants' standing in their eyes. And unfortunately, a good number of them are too simple to understand that one man's actions don't mirror those of an entire race."

Gambit chuckled at the comments his card garnered. "Heh. Well les' jus' say you are lucky, you dun't have to touch." He said before placing the card back in his pocket. It seemed he was content with himself for now anyway. That is until he heard de spider speak up. Turning to look up at where Spiderman was, he snickered.

"Dat what you stickin wit? Prefer dis trench coat myself. Comes in handy.", Remy quipped while turning to look at Spiral.

"Dat's just our luck. And fodder? Gambit ain't no fodder. I'm just an honest man living in a dishonest world."