X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12562 Michael Corvin vs. Edward Cullen

Guest Supes Rulez

Guest Supes Rulez

Michael Corvin and Selene walked into the room where their new coven had gathered, with Eve waiting by a desk with their friends David and Detective Sebastian. Michael was glad to see his daughter again; it had been three months since they had found him and helped him adapt to the new world that was aware of their kind. They had found several Lycans sympathetic to the old ideals of Lucian, and a new coven had been formed with both Lycans and Vampires living together, away from the conflicts between the rest of their species'.

"Dad..." Eve hugged Michael for a few moments, while Selene walked over to David. "It's good to see you again, Selene. And not a moment too soon. Detective Sebastian just called and gave us some disturbing news." Selene looked at the television where the detective stood, sending them a message from an undisclosed location. "Selene, you're the new head of this hybrid coven so I thought I'd tell you first. There's a new species that just destroyed a town not far from here. They are calling themselves Vampires, but they're not like anything I've ever seen before."

The death dealer observed as Sebastian displayed camera footage of several pale creatures that looked like people, but were moving faster than any Vampire or Lycan she'd seen move before. "These so-called vampires are able to move about in the daytime, but preferably when it's cloudy. They don't have noticeable fangs as far as the authorities have seen, but they seem stronger than your average Vampire. Their skin seems bullet proof, and some of them seem able to read off of other beings' emotions; like they can read minds." Selene saw the savage creatures tear several people apart and one bite a person on the neck, leaving them limp on the ground. "It's nothing we can't handle. But the sooner we stop these creatures the better. If their numbers grow much more we won't be able to stop them." Michael walked up to David, "I'm pretty sure we can find a way. Markus and the other immortals had their limits, these creatures won't be any different. We just need to draw them out at night time and take them out quickly." Selene gave Michael a worried look, "Michael, no. You're combat training's coming along well, but I don't think...." Michael interrupted her "Selene, you don't have to worry. 'Stronger than both', remember? I don't think these things will be a problem."

Selene and her Death Dealer trainees entered the small town, with laser sightings on the 'Vampires' still fighting the Lycan team sent in a minute earlier. It was still well before midnight, and there was time to eradicate this plague before sunrise. While they opened fire on the Vampires with new diamond-tipped rounds, Michael raced through a group of the creatures until he reached the warehouse they were apparently holed up in. Looking around, Michael could smell one inside this building. He pulled the pin out of an incendiary grenade and tossed it down into the hole, and sure enough he heard several screams. When he was about to go inside, he was suddenly grabbed and thrown across the room. Getting up snarling, Michael saw a young, apparently seventeen year-old boy with spiky reddish hair staring at him. "I'd leave now if I were you, monster." Michael cocked his head, looking at the boy. No fangs, but still very strong But Michael wasn't the inexperienced boy he was before, he was ready. "Monster? I'm not the one turning innocent people against their will. What about the girl I pulled out earlier, she was terrified of you." The boy started forward, "My name is Edward Cullen, and I don't care how many girls you steal from us, the children of this town will receive the gift of being Vampire." Rushing forward in the blink of an eye, Cullen grabbed Michael's throat, only to be shoved into the nearby wall by the hybrid, smashing the concrete with the force of the impact. Sure enough, a hairline crack appeard on his cheek before disappearing. Michael pulled his jacket off, baring his shark-like teeth and roared.

(Alrighty then, so we have Michael Corvin from the Underworld series squaring off against the angsty heartthrob of Twilight, Edward Cullen. Both are fighting to kill. Edward has his standard powers of strength, durability, and speed, but because of Michael's immortal nature Edward cannot read his mind. Michael has his hybrid powers [half Vampire, half Lycan, but stronger than both]. There's his instantaneous speed when he fought Viktor, his strength if used properly can harm Edward's skin, and he has been trained in combat since Underworld Awakening. I'm surprised this fight hasn't been done before.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest M.O.B. (-Man of Battle-)

I must confess! I really hate Edward Cullen! So Micheal Corvin in his hybrid form will tear Edward into pieces!

Guest Supes Rulez

Please no fanboyism. I hate Edward as much as any other sensible and fairly attractive dude, but I wanted to see how his powers could actually work against somebody like Michael.

Guest bigballerju

The only advantage Edward has is speed and that's about it. He doesn't have telepathy in this fight so their goes his other advantage at winning. Edward is not stronger then Michael and Edward's fighting style would be a huge disadvantage against someone so superior to him in power like Michael. Edward if he goes in for a attack will go to grab Michael and try to take his head off like he normally does. Big mistake that is going to be because Michael also has a fast healing factor and once again is superior in strength. Plus once Edward tries to grab Michael he will easily be overpowered and then Michael will destroy him easily.

Michael wins. Okay setup but work on your sentence structure, spelling, and all of that.

Guest Fenris Wolf

If I were to be totally unbiased (which in this case is hard) I'd have to go with Edward. The Twilight vampires are ridiculously fast and ridiculously strong, and though Michael is too, Edward's abilties tend to look more impressive and powerful in my opinion than did Michael in any of the movies. I don't like voting this way.

Guest bigballerju

Michael is strong then vampires and lycans combined. We have seen his feats, vampire's feats, lycan's feats, and more through out the films. Edward is not on Michael's level strength wise. Edward is not more powerful and his don't look more impressive then what we have seen from the Underworld movies. By the way their are other vampires just as fast as Twilight in other series whether tv, movie, or comics.

Guest sirmethos

Edward is stronger, and considerably more durable. He also has the advantage of experience.

Michael is faster.

Regeneration is kind of a toss-up. Michael's is arguably faster, while Edward's is more effective.

Guest Supes Rulez

The only advantage Edward has is speed and that's about it. He doesn't have telepathy in this fight so their goes his other advantage at winning. Edward is not stronger then Michael and Edward's fighting style would be a huge disadvantage against someone so superior to him in power like Michael. Edward if he goes in for a attack will go to grab Michael and try to take his head off like he normally does. Big mistake that is going to be because Michael also has a fast healing factor and once again is superior in strength. Plus once Edward tries to grab Michael he will easily be overpowered and then Michael will destroy him easily.

Michael wins. Okay setup but work on your sentence structure, spelling, and all of that.

Thanks. I wish this had auto correct like Microsoft Word, and I was kind of in a rush.

Guest bigballerju

I know your feats and I have seen the feats from the Twilight films. Michael ripped Lycans and humans apart with ease. On Michael's part he did so with no effort. While the Twilight Vampire could kill a wolf in their world. It seems physically it looks like it does require a little bit of effort. Michael could break and kill Lycans easily strength wise which he showed. The Lycans let me remind you are more powerful then then the wolfs in Twilight.

Not only that we have seen vampires and Lycans knock over cars as well as vans with ease in films. We have seen Lycans tear parts of a van apart in Awakening with no effort during that car chase. In addition that huge Lycan when chasing Selene in Awakening was throwing cars at Selene with no effort.

Let me remind you we know for a fact a Hybrid is more powerful then a vampire and lycan combined. So Michael's strength feats are even higher. In Awakening they once again stated that.

Here is the Lycan throwing the cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIqLBVJIK1M

That's still far weaker than the level at which Stephanie Meyers has placed her characters... the Twilight novels are all about that love triangle crap, not combat, so obviously there aren't as many feats. Going by the author's statements, the Twilight vamps far outmatch any Underworld character in terms of strength.

And considering the Twilight werewolves are around equal with the Twilight vampires, the Lycans definitely aren't even close to being on their level.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Edward is stronger, and considerably more durable. He also has the advantage of experience.

Michael is faster.

Regeneration is kind of a toss-up. Michael's is arguably faster, while Edward's is more effective.

The tooth fairly has been alive a lot longer yes, but how much of that enthralls fighting? Michael is a killing machine. He has a better mentality of fighting than the fairy.

Uh.

That Lycan throwing a Car was a Super Lycan.

I.E. A Lycan genetically enhanced to be larger, stronger, faster, tougher, and (I think that was the point of the enhancement), is immune to Silver.

It doesn't fall under the category of Michael's strength edging over Vampires and Lycans combined.

Another thing as well - that Lycan couldn't break through the concrete preventing him from reaching Selene (As well as Selene inside that box).

To put it in perspective aside from Methos' calculations:

A vampire in Twilight's shattered an entire, large boulder iirc with a single blow.

So Edward's still stronger than the Super Lycan and therefore Michael.

Guest bigballerju

I am not going with any feats from the Twilight novels only the movies and what we have actually seen. The books are a different matter. It may have been a Super Lycan but Hybrids are still suppose to be more powerful then even a Super Lycan. The Super Lycan was still throwing cars around like they were nothing even though he didn't break through the concrete and destroyed the van crushing it on Selene.

Edit: For the doorway the Super Lycan couldn't fit inside and wasn't trying to break through. For the concrete I don't think it was trying to break through either. It was trying to reach Selene instead. So far the Super Lycans feats are superior to Edwards from the movie and we know a Hybrid is suppose to be more powerful. The Lycan villain who was the father of the Super lycan even said so.

...You didn't watch it did you?

It damaged the Van slightly then slapped Selene aside into the near wall. It didn't crush her under. The Van was still standing, it's undercarriage showing no signs of buckling.

And it was trying to break though - otherwise it wouldn't have punched the walls around the opening in a fit of rage.

Aside from that, I'm not convinced that Michael is superior to a Super Lycan in strength.

Maybe in Speed and Intellect - their regeneration seems similar, since a Super no longer has the weakness to Silver. Michael's might be faster due to the vampire heritage (obviously he doesn't have the silver weakness as well).

Guest bigballerju

...You didn't watch it did you?

It damaged the Van slightly then slapped Selene aside into the near wall. It didn't crush her under. The Van was still standing, it's undercarriage showing no signs of buckling.

And it was trying to break though - otherwise it wouldn't have punched the walls around the opening in a fit of rage.

Aside from that, I'm not convinced that Michael is superior to a Super Lycan in strength.

Maybe in Speed and Intellect - their regeneration seems similar, since a Super no longer has the weakness to Silver. Michael's might be faster due to the vampire heritage (obviously he doesn't have the silver weakness as well).

It was said in the movie a hybrid is the most powerful whether you were convinced or not. Also did you watch the clip above? The Super Lycan was on top of the Van with Selene below it as he was crushing Selene with the Van. He still crushed the Van easily even though it wasn't fully destroyed. Once again in the Twilight films I didn't see any Vampires throwing cars with ease.

Ignoring the source material and instead focusing on media adaptations is not a good debating technique. Just sayin'.

On CBUB we are going with the media adaptions which are the movies unless someone says the actual book since the films are the most known. Honestly I have not read the book and only have seen the films since I use to work at a Movie Theater. Is the movie canon with the actually Twilight films and nothing was changed? This is a important question since you brought up the book.

You know me AVP I wouldn't ignore the source material if its canon. However i heard not everything is the same between the film and book. If the film is completely canon with the book and nothing was changed then fine we can take the book into consideration. If not then no we can't.

I'll point out that I haven't seen the movie yet, but I was just thinking about something. In a previous movie, a normal Lycan had no trouble smashing through a concrete wall. I even recall bringing up that particular feat in another debate some time back. I should also point out that, while concrete has (as a man made material) consistency throughout its mass, a natural boulder is covered in points that are weaker than other points. In fact, the bigger the boulder, the more inconsistencies it will have.

In other words, the small mass of a single fist combined with superhuman strength going against a boulder isn't the strongest evidence in Edward's case if we're trying to prove he's stronger. Consider also, that the frame of a doorway is one of the most stable points of a foundation. There's a reason we stand next to them during earthquakes, afterall!

Edited by G4hardcore