Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12562 Michael Corvin vs. Edward Cullen

Guest Supes Rulez

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirmethos
Curious query: Why put sarcasm in brackets?

It is difficult to perceive sarcasm through text, and some people seem completely incapable of perceiving it, thus, putting it in brackets is a way of making sure that people know it's sarcasm, rather than taking it literally.

Also, it's actually not put in brackets, it's only the end bracket(singular).

sirmethos, maybe I should have worded it better. Viktor's entire life as a vampire as been ruling and battling. He is far older than Edward so he has more fighting experience than Edward does. So I'll use that word you love to use so much "thus" Michael stands a better chance against Edward than he did against Viktor. But that doesn't matter because they're both from different universes and if you say it doesn't matter then every fight from now on should have no debate about experience since that is what most fights are mostly about. Really, if a whoever vs whoever else shows up in the CBUB then their experience doesn't matter because they're from another universe.....oh yeah I forgot....(Sarcasm).

Guest stargazer69

Aside from the grammer nazis, this is a very impressive fight, corvin will murder edward. i do not recall edward having a healing factor, Edwards has a really bad fighting style, edward also can barely stop a car, i never read him punching boulders. Corvin has this, and someone said this is who would win in a fight, wrong! its biased. how can calvin and hobbs beat galactus!

Guest sirmethos

"Viktor's entire life as a vampire as been ruling and battling. He is far older than Edward so he has more fighting experience than Edward does. So I'll use that word you love to use so much "thus" Michael stands a better chance against Edward than he did against Viktor."

Well, while Viktor's experience is definitely a factor, that particular line of logic only holds up, if Viktor is close to Edward's equal(or his superior) in terms of raw physical stats(strength, durability, speed and reflexes).

To give you an example: Let's take someone like Scorpion(spider-man villain). Put him up against an the Kurgan in a fist fight. Now, despite the fact that the Kurgan has several thousand years of experience as an advantage over Tombstone, Tombstone would rip him apart, simply due to the difference in physical stats.

Now you take Scorpion again, and put him up against Black Tarantula. According to your logic, Scorpion, since the Kurgan has far more experience than Black Tarantula, has a better chance at winning against Black Tarantula. Which is simply not true.

On the other hand, if the two(Kurgan and Black Tarantula), were close to equals in terms of physical stats, then your logic would be absolutely correct.

In this particular fight, we have Michael. When he went up against Viktor, he was able to briefly hold his own due to superior speed, but still ended up getting his arse kicked.

Now, against Edward, he is up against someone who is stronger than he(michael) is, and who can take far more punishment(no one has provided any way for Michael to keep Edward down for more than a few moments).

To make the comparison between Edward and Viktor. Edward is stronger and can take more punishment. I won't comment on the speed, since there are no real examples of Viktor's speed, but Michael still has the speed advantage.

Chances are, that the outcome is going to be the same as the fight between Michael and Viktor would have been without Selene's interference, though it'll take longer due to Edward's lesser experience(he still has far more experience than Michael, who has next to none).

The way I read your first post, was purely in physical stats. I.e. as if you were saying that since Viktor is older than Edward, he is automatically stronger. Which is just plain false.

"corvin will murder edward"

Yea, not so much.

"i do not recall edward having a healing factor"

And yet, he does have one, that is more impressive than most vampires I know of.

"Edwards has a really bad fighting style"

That's true, but against Michael who is a raw brawler, that doesn't really make any difference.

"edward also can barely stop a car"

Not true. He stopped a truck, with no effort, and left a visible hand-print in the front of the truck.

"how can calvin and hobbs beat galactus"

What does that have to do with anything?

One more thing, that particular fight was only Corvin's first transformation. It was even his first "supernatural" fight. Using that as an example of his current limit is sort of like using Spider-man #1 to show the wall crawler's absolute limit today.

Guest bigballerju

I still haven't seen anything that puts Edward's strength above Michael's. I have seen Lycans shown more impressive feats and Michael is stronger then them.

The better question would be: Provide an example for Michael (Or any other lycan/vampire) that makes it so they're physically superior to the likes of the stated strength of Vampires of Twilight's.

Taken from SirMethos:

With the "stated capabilities", their strength is easily calculated from two statements, however, those two statements puts their strength at wildly different levels(primarily due to the fact that stephanie meyer has never heard of math).

1. That vampires are "thousands of times stronger than any human.". Which puts them at a minimum of Peak Human Strength, multiplied by 2000(thousands - plural). Quickly calculated out, using the standard "peak human strength" from comics, we get 2200000 lbs(997.9 tons)

2. That vampires are "able to lift objects hundreds of times their own weight." Assuming that vampires are at roughly the ideal weight for their height, that would put someone like the Twinkling Twit(who is according to the wikia, 185 centimeters, which puts the ideal weight at around 69 to 101 kilograms) at a minimum of 1.4 - 20.2 tons.

I can't be arsed doing the math in my head, for the feat of stopping the truck with a single hand, leaving a visible hand print in the truck. But by my estimate, and the fact that that particular feat took no effort at all, I would say that their strength is definitely somewhere above the second statement.

Another statement about their strength, that is somewhat more vague, is that "there is next to no difference, in the effort needed to simply touch a human, or crush their bones.". That particular statement, kinda brings my mind to the quote from Superman, about "living in a world of cardboard.", which kinda lends credit to the first statement. Particularly since I know the kind of power required to simply break human bones, let alone crush them.

The quickest and shortest answer would be, aside from trying to focus solely on the movie medium of both fictions, mainly Twilight (which in essence is downplaying the Twilight vamps/ignoring the Author), Michael is not stronger than Edward.

The only instance that comes to mind of a Hybrid potentially being within the same strength class (within or above the second statement most likely) would be Marcus, the First Vampire Elder Hybrid, lifting that stone wall in Underworld Evolution - but I'd guess at that Marcus was physically stronger than Michael due to the fact that Michael isn't anything like an Elder that Marcus is...

Plus, you know, Marcus overpowered Michael and whatnot.

• 1 month later...

Well, while Viktor's experience is definitely a factor, that particular line of logic only holds up, if Viktor is close to Edward's equal(or his superior) in terms of raw physical stats(strength, durability, speed and reflexes).

To give you an example: Let's take someone like Scorpion(spider-man villain). Put him up against an the Kurgan in a fist fight. Now, despite the fact that the Kurgan has several thousand years of experience as an advantage over Tombstone, Tombstone would rip him apart, simply due to the difference in physical stats.

Now you take Scorpion again, and put him up against Black Tarantula. According to your logic, Scorpion, since the Kurgan has far more experience than Black Tarantula, has a better chance at winning against Black Tarantula. Which is simply not true.

On the other hand, if the two(Kurgan and Black Tarantula), were close to equals in terms of physical stats, then your logic would be absolutely correct.

In this particular fight, we have Michael. When he went up against Viktor, he was able to briefly hold his own due to superior speed, but still ended up getting his arse kicked.

Now, against Edward, he is up against someone who is stronger than he(michael) is, and who can take far more punishment(no one has provided any way for Michael to keep Edward down for more than a few moments).

To make the comparison between Edward and Viktor. Edward is stronger and can take more punishment. I won't comment on the speed, since there are no real examples of Viktor's speed, but Michael still has the speed advantage.

Chances are, that the outcome is going to be the same as the fight between Michael and Viktor would have been without Selene's interference, though it'll take longer due to Edward's lesser experience(he still has far more experience than Michael, who has next to none).

The way I read your first post, was purely in physical stats. I.e. as if you were saying that since Viktor is older than Edward, he is automatically stronger. Which is just plain false.

"corvin will murder edward"

Yea, not so much.

"i do not recall edward having a healing factor"

And yet, he does have one, that is more impressive than most vampires I know of.

"Edwards has a really bad fighting style"

That's true, but against Michael who is a raw brawler, that doesn't really make any difference.

"edward also can barely stop a car"

Not true. He stopped a truck, with no effort, and left a visible hand-print in the front of the truck.

"how can calvin and hobbs beat galactus"

What does that have to do with anything?

I never said that Viktor was stronger I jus said that he has more experience in fighting than Edward does. If experience didn't matter (which I'm getting from you) then really how can Batman beat Croc, Bane, etc. People are his obviously stronger than him. It's his experience.

So what I'm saying is. Since Viktor is clearly waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more experience than Edward and Michael fought the Ancient Vampire and held his own for quite a while, then he shouldn't have the same problem with Edward. Though it'd be a hard fight but it'll less of a hard fight.

Guest Jason Redfield

Woah, woah, woah, since when do we get to pick and choose what fiction we get to pull feats from? Unless the OP specifically states "movie version", then feats from both sources are just fine.

I give Edward the edge. I've seen all Underworld films except for the latest, and while Michael is fast, he isn't unbeatable (as Viktor showed) by a sufficient opponent, however much he may outmatch them on a physical level. Edward's actually fought quite a few battles in his years, so that's decent experience right there. His body is also on par with solid granite, which would make it extremely difficult for Michael to do lasting damage to Edward.

I'll hesitantly put strength for both combatants at the same level, although honestly from what I recall from Underworld, I've seen more impressive feats from the sparklers. Michael does have the edge in speed, as at the end of the first film he seems to teleport behind Viktor. However, that being said, that edge in speed is nowhere near as overwhelming an advantage as he might be used to it being.

It's important to remember that each series has vastly different definitions of vampire. Twivamps are easily faster than any vampire or Lycan in Underworld, so Edward's speed will allow him to at least remain competitive with Michael. And besides, as Viktor showed, Michael's speed is by no means an instant "I win" button.