X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12562 Michael Corvin vs. Edward Cullen

Guest Supes Rulez

Guest bigballerju

I'll point out that I haven't seen the movie yet, but I was just thinking about something. In a previous movie, a normal Lycan had no trouble smashing through a concrete wall. I even recall bringing up that particular feat in another debate some time back. I should also point out that, while concrete has (as a man made material) consistency throughout its mass, a natural boulder is covered in points that are weaker than other points. In fact, the bigger the boulder, the more inconsistencies it will have.

In other words, the small mass of a single fist combined with superhuman strength going against a boulder isn't the strongest evidence in Edward's case if we're trying to prove he's stronger. Consider also, that the frame of a doorway is one of the most stable points of a foundation. There's a reason we stand next to them during earthquakes, afterall!

Very good thoughts G4 and I agree.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...And we still haven't seen anything from Michael that puts him on the same level as The Super Lycan in terms of strength. Ripping Humans and Lycans apart is widely different than chucking cars around.

If he was crushing Selene with the Van, we'd see the Van being warped and the tires blown - we don't, it's still standing firmly on it's tires. End result: He didn't crush her. At all.

Which movie? Evolution I presume.

If anything, if the Super Lycan was at least as strong as Edward, Refer to Methos's Calcs, it should have at least done more so damage than it did - though you're right about that, it being a more so durable structure. And a concrete wall would be less durable/sturdier than a concrete doorway, correct? Though I still need to see this - it's been a while since I've seen Evolution or the First Film.

I think it was Evolution, but my phone does not play videos after the faulty update, so feel free to do some soul searching if you feel it's necassary. I believe the same scene was described on a wiki page describing Lycans. Also, when I say normal Lycan, I just mean relatively normal compared to this "Super Lycan".

Did not read the calculations. If he can't be arsed to copy/paste his own words, I can't be arsed to find whatever particular passage he's referring to, no offense. Yes, frames are definitely more sturdy than doorways, although there's also the unknown factor of how thick the concrete itself was, as I have yet to see the movie for myself.

I have the movie, but this is the best I can do for now.

"It should be noted that when in their werewolf forms they are stronger than when in human form, able to break through solid concrete walls, and seem to be stronger than the Vampires, as every hand-to-hand confrontation between the two races under normal circumstances has ended with a Lycan victory, the one exception being the Vampire Elder Viktor."

http://underworld.wikia.com/wiki/Lycans

snip

Did not read the calculations. If he can't be arsed to copy/paste his own words, I can't be arsed to find whatever particular passage he's referring to, no offense.

One small point, methos did include a link, that leads directly to the post he made with the calculations, rather than copy pasting them into this thread.

That he did. But it takes so little effort to do, it's more of a courtesy. I wouldn't have even brought up this small thing if he wouldn't have went through the trouble of telling us how much he "couldn't be arsed". Again, yes, this is petty.

Guest bigballerju

Yea I own most of the Underworld films as well including the most recent one. Let me also provide something from the Underworld wiki on Michael. I tried finding clips on youtube to show but didn't at the moment.

"Michael also has the ability to change partially, such as his eyes and teeth and even turn his fingers into claws. In Hybrid form, Michael has a combination of Vampire and Lycan teeth, with the Vampire teeth in his top jaw, and Lycan teeth in his bottom jaw.

• Superhuman Endurance: Whether he is in his Hybrid form or human form, Michael can withstand several gunshots and still have enough strength to fight.

• Superhuman Strength: While in his Hybrid form, Michael's strength increases significantly. He held his ground against Viktor, a centuries-old Vampire Elder, in physical combat immediately following the transformation, taking the Elder by surprise with his incredible speed and strength before ultimately falling prey to Viktor's much greater combat experience and superior battle technique. Although Michael is potentially one of the most physically powerful beings of the series, his lack of combat experience tends to put him at a disadvantage when facing particularly experienced combatants, though his raw strength and speed is often enough to compensate for this when facing the average Vampire or Lycan; Viktor is the only non-Hybrid being that Michael has had trouble defeating. He also can punch through a Werewolf's chest with ease. His strength is so great that he was able to kill William, the first Werewolf in existence (who had been weakened by centuries without sustenance), by tearing his head in half with his bare hands immediately after being brought back from the dead from a few drops of Selene's blood.

• Healing Factor: Although he seems dependent on blood to sustain himself, his healing is as powerful as the rest of him, allowing Michael to come back to life even after being impaled twice through the chest and provided with only a few drops of Selene's blood with no sign of weakness, although it took him at least a couple of hours to recover. It is possible that if he sustains life-threatening wounds without compensating the blood loss, his body goes into suspended animation, similar to a Vampire Elder's, in order to preserve the brain long enough for it to heal the damage.

• Superhuman Speed: Due to him being a Hybrid, Michael's speed greatly exceeds both Lycan and Vampire, able to move several meters and down a story in less than a second.

• Superhuman Agility: Michael can jump higher and can move more athletically than both Vampire or Lycan.

• Sensory Synchronization: He and his daughter can perceive through each other psychically as well as sense each other's presence."

http://underworld.wi.../Michael_Corvin

Guest skadoosh

Michael's faster, for sure, and although he might not be stronger he's probably strong enough to harm Edward. However, Edward definitely has the ability to kill Michael, if only with his sheer strength, but, given that, despite his apparent desire to kill Michael, Edward will not be striking first, due to his nice, conscious thoughts, Michael will be getting in killing shots before his opponent will, due to his more vicious and instinctual nature.

So, i reckon Michael wins, just.

Guest Supes Rulez

Michael did stop a large oncoming truck in it's tracks and was careful enough not to damage it, with Edward I'm not exactly sure if he'd be so considerate.

Not trying to take sides, just helping with details.

Guest Fenris Wolf

I'll point out that I haven't seen the movie yet, but I was just thinking about something. In a previous movie, a normal Lycan had no trouble smashing through a concrete wall. I even recall bringing up that particular feat in another debate some time back. I should also point out that, while concrete has (as a man made material) consistency throughout its mass, a natural boulder is covered in points that are weaker than other points. In fact, the bigger the boulder, the more inconsistencies it will have.

In other words, the small mass of a single fist combined with superhuman strength going against a boulder isn't the strongest evidence in Edward's case if we're trying to prove he's stronger. Consider also, that the frame of a doorway is one of the most stable points of a foundation. There's a reason we stand next to them during earthquakes, afterall!

In this case it would be more about point of impact than anything else. I don't recall the specific scene you're referencing, but concrete when upright in a stationary wall form, would be far easier to break through with a running start and a full body blow (which inevitably would have roughly the same initial impact surface area as a fist when the head or shoulder made contact) than a boulder with a rounded surface meeting a rounded fist. Far easier. Now if the boulder were flattened and held in place and stricken in the same fashion that the concrete wall was broken through (I'm assuming it was a charging blow, like the technique I'd assume a football player who has absorbed some of TGRI's mutagen ooze might use to bash through said wall) the consistency and impurity of a boulder may be weaker than the concrete.

Guest L.I.C. (-Large In Charge-)

"Half Lycan!" "Half Deathdealer(-Vampire-)!" "But stronger than both!" Keyword: Stronger!

Micheal wins! Edward dies! The End! No more doubts!

Well, the wall would seem thin next to a big 'ole Lycan. Honestly though, I had it pegged at around 4-5 inches in thickness. I'll image the screenshot if you'd like to jugde for yourself. But only because your a preferred member of this here site. :D

Michael vs Edward. Though I hate Edward's guts his strength is impressive, stopping a van or car from hitting Bella in the first movie. That is the only movie I seen of Twilight. Lol. I haven't seen Underworld Awakening but I want to. After reading through the debate, I have to give it to Michael if he can go toe to toe with an Elder Vampire who is much much much much older than Edward then he should be able to defeat Edward.

Guest sirmethos
After reading through the debate, I have to give it to Michael if he can go toe to toe with an Elder Vampire who is much much much much older than Edward then he should be able to defeat Edward.

Yea, 'cos vampires from all the different universes are equally strong, so an elder from one universe is obviously stronger than a younger one from another universe.[/sarcasm]

It seems odd to me that the people who constructed that sewer system would use anything but water resistant concrete, considering that they knew the concrete itself would be exposed to some form of water, it being a sewer and all. It is the norm, afterall. And yes, it looks old, but it's a sewer, it's more than likely grime and mold, or residue. Not the cleanest place, keep in mind. Actually, looking closer at the picture, the wall seems to have a (steel?) frame of some sort, which looks to have been likewise destroyed or broken. It's possible the wall is stronger than we first thought.

And you're welcome!