X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 12281 Superman vs. Son Goku

Guest Supes Rulez

Guest Supes Rulez

Ok, so we all know regular Superman and regular Goku is a stomp for Superman, but as soon as Goku goes Super Saiyan it's over.

Soooooooooo, I'll shake things up by having Superman sundip for 10 minutes and then fight a Super Saiyan 1 Goku

Much fairer fight. So, who wins, SS1 Goku or a Modern-age Superman who's bathed in the Sun for 10 whole minutes?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, if M Bison sees this, it's gonna get closed so fast... :D

EDIT: And watch that word spamming, Shoggoth.

Good man. :D

And I understand you're new, Supes Rulez, but if you're going to make a (very) oft-made matchup, try to put an original twist on it, as well as much more of a story. Otherwise, you should really make the matchup in the Rumbles Forum.

Guest sirmethos

Lol.

Let me be the first to say it.

Superman doesn't need to sundip, even SS3 Goku would lose even without any sundipping, in a straight up fight.

Why? Superman is far stronger(even at SS3, they don't reach the level of strength that the Kryptonian has shown), Superman is far faster(none of the DBZ fighters are faster than light), Superman is far more durable, and Superman has far more stamina.

Guest Supes Rulez

Good man.

And I understand you're new, Supes Rulez, but if you're going to make a (very) oft-made matchup, try to put an original twist on it, as well as much more of a story. Otherwise, you should really make the matchup in the Rumbles Forum.

OK

I don't grade matches usually. But I went out of my way to give this one an "F".

The "most interesting man on CBUB", are we?

But yeah, this has been to death. If Vegito is doubted to be able to beat Superman, Goku is going to get slaughtered, no matter what transformation he uses.

Guest Shockwave

I still stand on my argument that if they were on the same level of speed, strength, and stamina that Goku would win due to his experience in martial arts, but then again I know Supe's levels in comics are far beyond Goku's battle experience.

That aside....yeah. We really need to get a "MATCH DONE" note back on here.

Guest narutofan14

Lol.

Let me be the first to say it.

Superman doesn't need to sundip, even SS3 Goku would lose even without any sundipping, in a straight up fight.

Why? Superman is far stronger(even at SS3, they don't reach the level of strength that the Kryptonian has shown), Superman is far faster(none of the DBZ fighters are faster than light), Superman is far more durable, and Superman has far more stamina.

Hold up are you listening to yourself right now. Apparently you have not watched any of the dragon ball z series because you don't know what you are talking about. Goku can blow up planets when he's a young adult; by the time the series is done he's vastly more powerful. The fact of the matter is that Goku and Superman were both equally overpowered at some point. Goku just had better powers. I can argue about goku all day because every time you guys do a match about superman vs goku it doesn't matter which version of goku, it seems like you guys always vote for superman. Goku is way more powerful than superman. Yes I can superman has flight, super strength, x-ray/heat vision,etc. but the fact of the matter is that goku will always win superman. Before goku finishes him off he'd stop before killing him and ask for a rematch. Because Goku's that awesome.

Guest sirmethos

Hold up are you listening to yourself right now. Apparently you have not watched any of the dragon ball z series because you don't know what you are talking about. Goku can blow up planets when he's a young adult; by the time the series is done he's vastly more powerful. The fact of the matter is that Goku and Superman were both equally overpowered at some point. Goku just had better powers. I can argue about goku all day because every time you guys do a match about superman vs goku it doesn't matter which version of goku, it seems like you guys always vote for superman. Goku is way more powerful than superman. Yes I can superman has flight, super strength, x-ray/heat vision,etc. but the fact of the matter is that goku will always win superman. Before goku finishes him off he'd stop before killing him and ask for a rematch. Because Goku's that awesome.

Actually, I do know what I'm talking about.

We have a pretty clear strength showing for Goku. When he was training in the afterlife with King Kai. Another of the Kai's comes visiting, and King Kai puts a 10 ton ring on each of Goku's limbs(arms and legs). In his normal form, Goku is barely able to keep floating, and can't move at all aside from that. That puts his strength(in his normal form) at that point, at 40 tons. Now if you multiply that up for the Super Saiyan forms. 40 multiplied by 50(SS1) = 2000 tons. 2000 multiplied by 4(SS2) = 8000 tons. 8000 multiplied by 2(SS3) 16.000 tons.

Now, granted, Goku does get stronger(raw physical strength) later in DBZ, If we actually compare the raw destructive feats from that point, with those towards the end of DBZ, he gets around 20-30 times stronger. But in order to reach Superman's strength, he would have to get at least 62.5 times stronger.

As I said: "Superman is far stronger."

Now, as for the speed. The best feat of speed in DBZ, is Gotenks flying around the entire planet, 4 times in a few seconds. That particular feat puts his speed at slightly less than the speed of light(I can't be arsed doing the exact calculation again, I've done it several times in other threads). Compared to Superman, who is capable of moving at several times the speed of light.

As I said: "Superman is far faster."

If we look at their durability, we can look at the fight with the Androids(17 and 18), and the fight with Frieza. There we have 2 specific durability feats(one for raw destructive power, i.e. the explosion of a planet, and one for blunt force trauma). Frieza was able to survive the destruction(explosion) of Namek, but only barely. A far stronger enemy later on(Janemba) was killed by being thrown into a sun. In comparison, Superman has survived a point blank Super Nova, as well as being flown directly through a Red Sun(which slowly strips away his powers). For durability against raw destructive power, Superman's durability has proven to be far beyond that of the DBZ fighters.

For Blunt Force Trauma. We have the fight with the Androids. Android 18 physically threw Vegeta into Trunks, and Trunks was knocked unconscious by the blow. In comparison, Superman has taken physical blows powerful enough to effortlessly destroy a planet.

As I said: "Superman is far more durable."

Now, I will be the first to admit, that the DBZ fighters have more raw destructive power, and better close combat skills than Superman. Imo, only someone with no knowledge of the characters would claim otherwise.

But Superman's speed(and equal reaction time), means that the DBZ fighters will never land a hit, unless Superman decides to go into a close-combat fight with them, where they can't use their raw destructive power anyway(since they're not fast enough to get away from him in order to use their Ki Attacks).

Superman's Durability means that the DBZ fighters are incapable of actually hurting him in a close-combat fight(or even with their Ki Attacks, unless you want to claim that they have attacks more powerful than a Super Nova).

And Superman's Strength is great enough that the DBZ fighters go down after only a few solid punches(if that). Especially when coupled with his speed.

It's true that in a straight up fight, "we guys" always vote for Superman. But that's because Superman would actually win.

Guest bigballerju

LOL a sundipped Superman vs SS1 Goku? This is just wonderful. I may give you a D just because of the fact Goku gets beaten to a bloody pulp.

Annndddd... here come the guests to vote for their favorites... :rolleyes:

You do realize that this match will likely scratch, and therefore not count toward the characters' records, right?

Guest narutofan14

Actually, I do know what I'm talking about.

We have a pretty clear strength showing for Goku. When he was training in the afterlife with King Kai. Another of the Kai's comes visiting, and King Kai puts a 10 ton ring on each of Goku's limbs(arms and legs). In his normal form, Goku is barely able to keep floating, and can't move at all aside from that. That puts his strength(in his normal form) at that point, at 40 tons. Now if you multiply that up for the Super Saiyan forms. 40 multiplied by 50(SS1) = 2000 tons. 2000 multiplied by 4(SS2) = 8000 tons. 8000 multiplied by 2(SS3) 16.000 tons.

Now, granted, Goku does get stronger(raw physical strength) later in DBZ, If we actually compare the raw destructive feats from that point, with those towards the end of DBZ, he gets around 20-30 times stronger. But in order to reach Superman's strength, he would have to get at least 62.5 times stronger.

As I said: "Superman is far stronger."

Now, as for the speed. The best feat of speed in DBZ, is Gotenks flying around the entire planet, 4 times in a few seconds. That particular feat puts his speed at slightly less than the speed of light(I can't be arsed doing the exact calculation again, I've done it several times in other threads). Compared to Superman, who is capable of moving at several times the speed of light.

As I said: "Superman is far faster."

If we look at their durability, we can look at the fight with the Androids(17 and 18), and the fight with Frieza. There we have 2 specific durability feats(one for raw destructive power, i.e. the explosion of a planet, and one for blunt force trauma). Frieza was able to survive the destruction(explosion) of Namek, but only barely. A far stronger enemy later on(Janemba) was killed by being thrown into a sun. In comparison, Superman has survived a point blank Super Nova, as well as being flown directly through a Red Sun(which slowly strips away his powers). For durability against raw destructive power, Superman's durability has proven to be far beyond that of the DBZ fighters.

For Blunt Force Trauma. We have the fight with the Androids. Android 18 physically threw Vegeta into Trunks, and Trunks was knocked unconscious by the blow. In comparison, Superman has taken physical blows powerful enough to effortlessly destroy a planet.

As I said: "Superman is far more durable."

Now, I will be the first to admit, that the DBZ fighters have more raw destructive power, and better close combat skills than Superman. Imo, only someone with no knowledge of the characters would claim otherwise.

But Superman's speed(and equal reaction time), means that the DBZ fighters will never land a hit, unless Superman decides to go into a close-combat fight with them, where they can't use their raw destructive power anyway(since they're not fast enough to get away from him in order to use their Ki Attacks).

Superman's Durability means that the DBZ fighters are incapable of actually hurting him in a close-combat fight(or even with their Ki Attacks, unless you want to claim that they have attacks more powerful than a Super Nova).

And Superman's Strength is great enough that the DBZ fighters go down after only a few solid punches(if that). Especially when coupled with his speed.

It's true that in a straight up fight, "we guys" always vote for Superman. But that's because Superman would actually win.

You made a couple of good points if superman uses his speed he can beat anybody, but usually as we see superman he doesn't use his speed or use his powers to the fullest. Other than the DBZ epecially goku who uses their power to the fullest. Superman beating goku is like saying superman can beat batman. Batman can beat superman because uses his brain and that is his advantage. Superman doesn't use all of his powers. Like I said other than goku who some people think he's an idiot, but is very smart in how to use his powers. Your comparing a hero who came from krypton who doesn't use his speed, can move a planet, survived a super nova. To a guy who was powerful before he was born, can destroy a planet which is much more powerful than a super nova, actually he can actually destroy a universe.

Guest silversurfer092

You made a couple of good points if superman uses his speed he can beat anybody, but usually as we see superman he doesn't use his speed or use his powers to the fullest. Other than the DBZ epecially goku who uses their power to the fullest. Superman beating goku is like saying superman can beat batman. Batman can beat superman because uses his brain and that is his advantage. Superman doesn't use all of his powers. Like I said other than goku who some people think he's an idiot, but is very smart in how to use his powers. Your comparing a hero who came from krypton who doesn't use his speed, can move a planet, survived a super nova. To a guy who was powerful before he was born, can destroy a planet which is much more powerful than a super nova, actually he can actually destroy a universe.

So you go from saying that Goku is stronger/faster/better, to saying "OMG GOKU WINS CUZ SUPES DOESN'T USE ALL OF HIS POWERS!" Yeah, fumble for more excuses to save Goku.

Guest force_echo

can destroy a planet which is much more powerful than a super nova

You might wanna take a basic astronomy class there.

Guest Darxeth

can destroy a planet which is much more powerful than a super nova

Wow. Just..wow.

You might wanna take a basic astronomy class there.

Fixed, :P

Guest KibaxHinata

Annndddd... here come the guests to vote for their favorites...

You do realize that this match will likely scratch, and therefore not count toward the characters' records, right?

I do. Trust me, I'd love to NOT see the same matches posted every once-in-a-while

Guest .....

One thing some of you will never learn is that these are all opinions, just because someone gives a detailed response, doesn't mean it's fact. I don't see why people get so worked up.....