Rumble 20613 Batman (Terry McGinnis) vs. T-X (The Terminatrix)
MATCH SCORE
Batman (Terry McGinnis): 2
T-X (The Terminatrix): 0

Bishop (Marvel Comics) vs. Sunfire
MATCH SCORE
Bishop (Marvel Comics): 3
Sunfire: 1

Rumble 20608 Batman (Terry McGinnis) vs. The Xenomorph Queen
MATCH SCORE
Batman (Terry McGinnis): 2
The Xenomorph Queen: 0

Tournament - Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne) vs. Killer Croc
MATCH SCORE
Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne): 4
Killer Croc: 2

Magma (comics) vs. Rictor
MATCH SCORE
Magma (comics): 2
Rictor: 1

Match 12281 Superman vs. Son Goku

Guest Supes Rulez

You made a couple of good points if superman uses his speed he can beat anybody, but usually as we see superman he doesn't use his speed or use his powers to the fullest. Other than the DBZ epecially goku who uses their power to the fullest. Superman beating goku is like saying superman can beat batman. Batman can beat superman because uses his brain and that is his advantage. Superman doesn't use all of his powers. Like I said other than goku who some people think he's an idiot, but is very smart in how to use his powers. Your comparing a hero who came from krypton who doesn't use his speed, can move a planet, survived a super nova. To a guy who was powerful before he was born, can destroy a planet which is much more powerful than a super nova, actually he can actually destroy a universe.

You are incorrect there bro. Superman has used his full potential. Why do you think he sundipped in a few seconds. That is something that did require 'full speed ahead'. When he donned the cosmic armour no other being on earth was supposed to be able to withstand, his full potential of endurance came into view. Also, after a sundip, which was nearly only a few secs., Superman devastated Braniac with one thrust. And that Braniac version was coupled with Imperiex' energies, a feat near impossible for others. And yes bro, Supes can take anything Goku will throw at him. Lets not forget, on top of his more evolved, expansive powerset, he is the smarter, experienced, level headed combatant, even though Goku may be a disciplined and smart fighter. On top of that even, there is the 10 min. sundip. It will literally slaughter Goku,

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kaleban

The one wild card that would decide this fight is simple, Accuracy.

Apparently, it takes three or four episodes of DBZ showing its protagonists and antagonists flinging glowing balls of death at each other, thousands of punches and kicks, never once connecting with an opponent. So much for martial arts training.

Superman's eye beams shoot where he looks, and his punches always connect.

Win = Superman.

P.S. to all those who say Goku is so much more powerful. You should realize that most of the time, Superman is reigning in his own strength out of fear that he might wreck everything, as opposed to screaming and flexing for twenty minutes to get up the juice to throw a punch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl_5UwS57X8

Guest ninjaman1848

It really depends on which version of goku are you talking about. Early Goku, when he just got the super sayain form at its weakest. Late Goku when he mastered the super sayain form and is more powerful, or Goku end when he gets the super sayain form at its strongest.

Guest Dark Pymp

Lmao. This is 2007 all over again. I swear we are in the matrix..

Goku an is born out of the sheer energy we have placed in theses two people.

Guest DCUDISTANCE87

Ok first things first is the fight taking place in DCU or in Gokus universe (sorry dont know if it has a name or not)

second if the fight takes place in DCU superman wins. He wins because his weaknesses are only a red sun and kryptonite. Goku is like any other human just stronger yes even as a child bullets didnt hurt him but he can still be beaten to death. The speed is even there isnt an arguement aboout gokus instant transprtation because that is just moving faster than the speed of light which superman can also do.

In gokus universe i believe it would be a tie considering the fact that superman is older and would have the possibilty to train like goku.

But the fact remains that the righters of DB - DBGT never gave a true weakness to Goku just the ability to constantly get stronger but in all actuality in DBZ universe Superman would probably be a hybrid of a sayian and truffel because he is smart and strong

Guest Distance87

thank you i just created an account and my first match Batman V. Iron Man dont know if its been done before. But i digress how do you know when a match is over and who has won

Guest cluckzilla

Ok, i have to admit to being a bit lost, but Son Goku has trained under most of the greatest fighters on the planet. Hell even master Roshi without powering up would give Batman a serious run, so when has superman ever shown any skill feats other than "SUPES SMASH, SUPES KICK'. Superman may be fast but then again so was Frieza

I know I'm just fueling the fire for this much-overused matchup, but...

Ok, i have to admit to being a bit lost, but Son Goku has trained under most of the greatest fighters on the planet. Hell even master Roshi without powering up would give Batman a serious run, so when has superman ever shown any skill feats other than "SUPES SMASH, SUPES KICK'.

Depending on which version of Supes we're talking here, he's been trained by both Batman and Wonder Woman, as well as received intensive training in Krytonian combat.

Guest Distance87

Ok, i have to admit to being a bit lost, but Son Goku has trained under most of the greatest fighters on the planet. Hell even master Roshi without powering up would give Batman a serious run, so when has superman ever shown any skill feats other than "SUPES SMASH, SUPES KICK'. Superman may be fast but then again so was Frieza

There are more than a few occasions were Supes fighting prowess is explained and he has various martial arts abilities that he learned from Batman, Wonder Woman, Wildcat, and Mongul. you just dont see it often in video games or cartoons they make him out to be a brawler rather than a martial artist yest in the 30's he was a brawler but as the comic evolved he like goku trained in martial arts.

Guest Distance87

I have always seen goku as more of the brawler that Supe, goku loves fighting cant get enough of it and what combat skills has he ever shown other than punches and kicks

Guest Pympy

um the difference is that Superman's kicks and punches are haymakers and not precise, whereas Goku's is precise. People will argue that Batman is more skileld just because Batman has more issues that show him fighting, but fact of the matter is that Goku loves to fight. Loves to train and test his skills. He is the epitomy of a martial artists (Bruce Lee style as Bruce had no styles and prefered to master his body and all his movements)

Goku has the keen ability to sopt out weaknesses (He did so with himself even, allowing him to reach higher levels)

He knew that his bulky form had a weakness right of the bat, he knew that Pykkon's forms had a weakness and they all can sense each other's energies.

Goku can IT without having to touch his forehead (does so in the manga when he saves Ten Shin Han from Cell)

and if Superman is within eye sight he will go in circles around him. Superman's hearing is awesome and since Goku teleports and not just moves super fast as Vegeta or Gohan does he would be completely unaware of where Goku goes until he reappears. And if you watch Metal Cooler, you see how they move going IT.

Instant is faster than ftl.

how so? you can be going many times faster than light to go from one side of the Milky Way and still take 1000's of years to get to the other side (especially since gravity can steer you in a different direction, If you check out the SWEU you see that the Empire uses space routes as you can't simply go in a straight line.

Goku bypasses that by teleporting to where he wants. Of course the longer the distant the longer he takes.

Now if you say that WW and Batman trained Superman means anything you are wrong.

Wolverine has trained Storm, but she is not that impressive and would still lose to someone like Gambit in a pure fight.

This is skills vs powers and sometimes skills win, in this case Goku is not so weak that he would be defenseless. Batman was able to Judo Toss Superman, so what makes you think someone like Goku who is 100,000,000 times more powerful and just as skilled wouldn't.

Skills is a broad term. like for instance and this is purely as an example.

In UFC, Anderson Silva is more "skilled" in stand up and ground game than Chael Sonnen, but Chael is skilled enough to take down Silva and did so for 5 rounds and only lost due to him messing up. Skills can mean anything. Fact is that DB is a martial arts show whereas Supes is just a guy with powers for the most part.

Guest force_echo

IT is useless in terms of combat and reaction speed. Also, from what I've seen, Superman is a far smarter fighter than Goku. He's also undoubtedly more experienced.

Oh god, not this stupid IT bullshit again. -.-

IT is still limited purely by the reflexes/reaction time of Goku - meaning it's technically slower than Superman as he still has to trigger it. Once used, it's faster yeah but it doesn't also really serve any purpose other than maybe a few moment's respite before Superman meanders across him and they resume once more...

Guest Distance87

Every episode of DBZ I have ever seen Thousands of punches are thrown maybe 300 hit. That is until he gets beaten to a pulp eats a bean gets stronger and then fights better. I have never seen ANY type of judo throws or take downs in DBZ I've seen the WWF wrestling move where goku grabs them by the ankles spin them around and let them go. And I dont remember Any of the people who "trained" goku actually teaching him a fighting technique. Roshi tought him the kamehameah, King ki tought him kaoken so on and so fourth no actual Martial Arts

I can tell you the exact martial arts Sueps was trained in, can you do the same for goku and saying some type of ki attack isnt a martial arts because lets face it ki attacks never quite hit their mark until the fight is almost over.

Guest Pympp

I beg to differ, your analysis of IT is not backed up by anything except your own opinion. Goku constantly uses IT to evade attacks.

Cell gets hit by an instant Kamehameha

It is used while kid buu destroys Earth

Kid Buu uses it to travel to other planets instantly. Cell uses it. Fact is that it is dependent of the users ability to sense energy. Goku is a master of sensing energy and will use that to evade attacks.

Reflexes are important, but if you watch broly Goku is sleeping and evades an attack from him. He has shown reflexes almost like a spider sense where anything that comes at him is sensed. He does get hit, but Superman has been tossed by weaker and slower opponents.

The after image would be a great tool as well all his other abilities.

You guys are nothing but player haters. I give Superman much credit, bu you give Goku none.

Guest Distance87

No goku get his credit when and where it is due. In this fight he brings nothing to the table, if some one anyone could explain in detail how how gokus IT works i mean does he just disappear and then reappear like magic (which i believe makes no sense at all) or is he breaking his body up at a cellular level and transporting himself across a light stream ( how most scientist believe telaportation would work) if it is the ladder he would be moving at the speed of light which makes the IT argument invalid as a way to gain an edge over Supe. Also goku cannot attack and use IT at the same time he has to appear and attack yes they are almost simultaneous but if both people move at the speed of light it is canceled out.

Guest sirmethos

-sigh-

I'll take it one point at a time, as usual.

"People will argue that Batman is more skileld just because Batman has more issues that show him fighting"

No, the fact that Batman is more skilled than Goku, has nothing to do with the amount of issues that shows Batman and Goku(respectively) fighting. It is because of the amount of training that each of them has received.

Goku's skill lies in the 'DBZ' way of fighting. I.e. focusing on the use of Ki and Ki Attacks. Defeating the opponents through raw superior power(and speed) and superior Ki techniques. Batman's skill lies in hand-to-hand combat, defeating the opponent through superior combat skills.

I'm more than willing to take up that particular debate whenever you want, however this particular thread, is not about Batman vs. Goku.

"Superman's hearing is awesome and since Goku teleports and not just moves super fast as Vegeta or Gohan does he would be completely unaware of where Goku goes until he reappears."

That's true, and I've never said otherwise. However, Superman can, and will, hear the moment he re-appears, due to the displacement of air when Goku re-appears. And once that happens, we are(again) down to the difference in their speed.

I'll use an analogy for you, that I've become fond of using to explain it.

Imagine a fight between Nightcrawler and Quicksilver. Granted, the difference between Superman and Goku is bigger than the difference between Quicksilver and Nightcrawler, but the comparison still works.

Quicksilver is standing still in the middle of the area where they are fighting, Nightcrawler teleports and appears directly behind Quicksilver, with his two Katanas ready to strike. Now, by the time that Nightcrawler has actually managed to move his Katanas to where Quicksilver was when he(nightcrawler) appeared, Quicksilver will have already moved, and hit Nightcrawler a couple of hundred times in the face. The result? Quicksilver wins by K.O.

The difference between Superman and Goku is even greater. Superman won't just be able to hear Goku re-appearing much more clearly, than Quicksilver would be able to hear Nightcrawler('cause with Superman's hearing, the displacement of air when Goku re-appears would be much louder than the simple *bamf* of Nightcrawler's teleportation to Quicksilver's normal human senses, he can also hear Goku's heartbeat, the blood rushing through his veins, the air moving in his lungs, etc.). His reaction speed, and movement speed, is fast enough that Goku might as well be standing still, while Superman turns around and smacks him in the face, repeatedly.

But let's for a moment pretend, that Superman doesn't react. Goku actually manages to successfully launch his attack and hit Superman.

1. He hits him with a physical attack(a punch or a kick), at full force. The attack hits Superman directly in the back and... nothing happens.

2. He hits him with an energy attack(likely a kamehameha wave). The attack hits Superman directly in the back, and what happens? Nothing.

Superman's durability is high enough that Goku can't actually hurt him. Physically, Goku simply isn't powerful enough to hurt him. His energy attacks, are again not powerful enough to actually hurt him.

So, 1. Superman's reflexes and speed is high enough that teleportation or not, Goku won't actually hit him, if he doesn't want to get hit. And 2. Even if Goku does hit him. He isn't powerful enough to actually hurt him.

"Instant is faster than ftl."

That's true. But the Instant Transmission is only a method of moving from Point A to Point B. It doesn't affect Goku's speed in real-space, in any way.

If it was a race, of who could get from point A to point B, then Goku would win if the distance of the race was great enough. But it doesn't have any impact on an actual fight.

"This is skills vs powers and sometimes skills win, in this case Goku is not so weak that he would be defenseless. Batman was able to Judo Toss Superman, so what makes you think someone like Goku who is 100,000,000 times more powerful and just as skilled wouldn't."

That much is true. I've already said in my initial post, that Goku is by far the more skilled of the two. The problem for Goku, is that he doesn't have sufficient power to actually hurt Superman.

Take Spider-Man vs. Hulk. Skill vs. Power. There is absolutely no one who will deny that Spider-Man is the more skilled of the two, but Hulk would win every time in a straight up fight. Why? Because there's absolutely nothing that Spider-Man can do, that would actually hurt the Hulk. The same is the case in a straight up fight between Goku and Superman.

Superman can get physically hurt. definitely. But it takes raw physical strength comparable to his own, which Goku doesn't have.

Superman can get hurt by Energy as well. But again, it takes an amount of raw power, that Goku doesn't have.

I beg to differ, your analysis of IT is not backed up by anything except your own opinion. Goku constantly uses IT to evade attacks.

Cell gets hit by an instant Kamehameha

It is used while kid buu destroys Earth

Kid Buu uses it to travel to other planets instantly. Cell uses it. Fact is that it is dependent of the users ability to sense energy. Goku is a master of sensing energy and will use that to evade attacks.

Reflexes are important, but if you watch broly Goku is sleeping and evades an attack from him. He has shown reflexes almost like a spider sense where anything that comes at him is sensed. He does get hit, but Superman has been tossed by weaker and slower opponents.

The after image would be a great tool as well all his other abilities.

You guys are nothing but player haters. I give Superman much credit, bu you give Goku none.

No actually, if you say it's merely backed up by my opinion, the same is said for yours, much more so where it's actually less founded due to your apparent misunderstanding of the differences in reflexes between Goku and Superman and actual moving speed in between the two.

Instant Transmission does not equate to physical moving speed, and the way it is slower is that in order to trigger it, he has to reflexively, consciously trigger it - i.e. reaction time, which is a department that Superman far exceeds in comparison to the likes of Goku - it's why he's more likely to hit Goku before Goku would even realize the hit is coming and promptly react via teleporting to safety. Once triggered, it is absolutely faster than Superman's moving speed, yes, but that amounts to nothing as Goku can't actively utilize it to keep up with Superman, other than merely evade any attacks of his, which in of itself is very dubious at best as previously explained. So no, it's not 'hating the player', we do give him credit but we actually understand their capabilities and therefore accurately judge the difference in capability between the two. This is a particular topic that's been controversial with the likes of you for quite some time (actually a lengthy amount of time is more correct), as it seems to be that you can't understand the difference.

Man, that post sounded condescending but when someone repeats the same thing repetitively without clearly having understood it the first time (over like a several dozen times), it gets aggravating and the only thing left to do seems to be having to repeat it nonstop in differing formats that really mean the same thing (which seems to go misunderstood, obviously).

Guest Darxeth

Superman has been hit by Batman before, so what's stopping Goku? Who's to say Superman will take few hits from Goku to see how powerful he is?

No matter though, because either way Superman wins.

Guest force_echo

Take Spider-Man vs. Hulk. Skill vs. Power. There is absolutely no one who will deny that Spider-Man is the more skilled of the two, but Hulk would win every time in a straight up fight.

Spider-Man has knocked out the Hulk at least twice by dodging all of his punches and hitting him repeatedly. In fact, in any straight up fight between Spider-Man and the Hulk, I don't think the Hulk has ever won, Spider-Man's too fast and too smart.