Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Fallout RP

Guest force_echo

Guest Ruinus

Pizza is momentarily blinded by the grenade's brilliant explosion. They'd all been trained to take out such blasts on the armor, and even the visor was heavily protected against flash, but the close proximity still got to him. He'd still heard Will's suggestion and, when he finally chased away the stars in his vision he scanned the area and found his target. He raised Rita but paused, the Dragoon was currently in hand to hand combat, one wrong shot here-a guarantee with a gatling laser-and he'd hit Roxy.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest force_echo

OOC: I hope Hamataroblazex posts soon, the pistol dragoon is kind of in a stasis on top of Rose right now.

The dragoon literally goes flying from the elbow strike. He gets thrown 20 feet until he hits the roof and slams on the ground with a thud. Of course, this meant he was out of range of Roxy's hook. Despite the incredible flight, he still struggles to get up. He has 2 plasma grenades in each hand, enough to blow anyone in a 30 feet radius sky high. "中國è¬æ­²ï¼" He yells, before his body glows orange and begins to disintegrate to a pile of ash, courtesy of multiple shots with 2 Tri-Beam laser rifles and a Tesla-Beaton.

I grinned. Roxy managed to get that old bastard clear of her (although I never really doubted she would)- opening the Dragoon up for fire. I'd been waiting for the opportunity, so as soon as he yelled that phrase, I fired with all 3 of my weapons, disintegrating the bastard in orange flame. A bunch of shots missed, since I'm mediocre at Energy Weapons. I've been trying to get Yusef to play with some high grade energy weapons, since he's the best at them out of all of us, but all he wants to use are explosives, so I mainly relied on Pizza for the task. The hell? What's that in the middle of the pile of ash? I peer closely. Plasma mines, 3 of them. The bastard had them implanted in his torso. "YUSEF! GET THOSE MINES OFFLINE! NOW!!!"

Meanwhile, the assault dragoon was still active. And true to the Chinese warrior code, even though it was 7 highly trained individuals in near indestructible armor against 2 Chinese soldiers, he absolutely refused to give up. Figuring he could take down at least one of them before he died, he fired a burst at Pizza's weapon, each of the bullets going in a different hole in the Gatling Laser, rendering it temporarily nonfunctional. Not only was the Assault Dragoon damned good in the first place, he was jacked up on Slasher, Steady, and Turbo. The mix of drugs was extremely deadly, but then again, he probably didn't expect to make it out of this mission alive.

Guest He who fights monsters

Yusef, using his expertise and perception, attempted to disarm the mines as quickly as possible. However, if the Chinese gave him trouble, he'd use his plasma pistol against the attackers. The mad bomber was surprisingly good at plasma weapons, though it did not match his style. He did as commanded.

Guest sirmethos

Blinded by the flash of the incendiary grenade, Will wildly jumps towards the nearest cover, rolling as he lands to put out any possible flames, "Sonovabitch!", blinking the stars out of his vision, he opens fire on the grenade thrower. "What'll it take for these f*ckers to f*cking die?!"

Guest Ruinus

"Rita!" Pizza gasped as he ducked back into cover, his beloved gun sputtering as a few components failed. Rita had survived worse than this, and though he loathed doing he realized he was temporarily out of the fight.

"Should have picked a side arm!" he cursed.

Guest force_echo

I frowned at Will's question. He had a point. There's no way even Dragoons should be this skilled. These guys had to be the top of the top, giving this base a higher priority than I originally thought. I could see Will firing at the Assault Dragoon, so I joined him, in suppressive fire, to keep the Assault dragoon pinned under cover. A high aim is not needed to maintain suppressive fire, and my 3 energy weapons with rechargers were more than enough to keep the Assault Dragoon under cover. I quickly analyzed how to flush the Assault Dragoon out. I could always get Yusef to toss a grenade, flushing him out that way, but that was too risky in the relatively closed off environment. So, I nodded at Will, signaling for him to flank the Dragoon while I had him pinned under cover. The squad had been working together on tactical maneuvering long enough for Will to recognize the symbol.

Guest sirmethos

Still firing at the bastard, I see Cap signaling, and grin to myself. I give a short nod, and quickly start moving diagonally forwards to flank the pesky f*cker, keeping my fire up as I move. "Yusef, how's that exit coming up?"

Yusef took advantage of the moment when it came to the mines. He rendered them offline as suppressing fire was applied. Yusef's expertise in demolitions helped. He analyzed his environment and assuming he finishes them all, hopped from choke point to choke point to regroup with his allies and assist them. "Getting it done."

Guest force_echo

The Assault Dragoon peeked out of the side, for a split second, to see Will's advance. He blind-fired over the cover, surprisingly accurate. I realized the gun had to have a camera stuck on it so the Assault Dragoon could fire semi-accurately without exposing himself to return fire. The burst was accurate enough to stop Will's advance while a canister rolled out of the side of the Dragoon's cover. "GRENADE!" I yelled, too late as the canister exploded, quickly covering the lab in a white, smoky haze. The last thing I saw was the Dragoon vaulting over the cover, and combat rolling toward me. So I fired my lasers in that general area. "Pizza! Yusef! Can you guys see anything?! I need you to tell me where the Dragoon is!"

The Dragoon was slowly advancing toward Maxwell, rifle in one hand and Ballistic Fist in the other.

"He's advancing towards you!" Yusef readied the pistol. This time, he'd stick with plasma weapons. Warning Maxwell will help.

Guest force_echo

I gritted my teeth under my helmet and swung in front of me with the hilt of one of my Tri-Beam rifles. The Tri-Beam was blocked with a solid clang by the Dragoon's assault rifle, and I could barely see the Dragoon staggering backwards from the immense force of the blow. Losing sight of him again, I started swinging my rifle, only to get a ballistic fist to the ribs. The plate depressed, and the double barreled sawed off shotgun at point blank range sent me flying. I landed on the ground with a thud. Damn it, I lost sight of the bastard again. All of a sudden, I see Yusef's green plasma bolt splatter against something solid, the Dragoon. I start firing with everything I have, enough to disintegrate an entire pack of Bighorners. The Dragoon slumps.

As I see the smoke clear, I see the last Dragoon trying to stab Rose in the side. Since I was the closest, I reacted quickly, and flying tackled the Dragoon off of Rose. We rolled on the ground, and I ended up on top. That's when I see the plasma grenades the Dragoon pulled out, one in each hand. Yelling in a fit of rage, I slam my fist into the Dragoon's helmet, crumpling the steel and splattering the organic contents within. Shit, now my right hand was covered with red stickiness. That's when I see that the plasma grenades weren't disarmed.

Dead man's switches.

"F*CKF*CKF*CKF*CKF*CK-"

BOOM. Everything went dark.

"Go away mommy. I just want to lie in bed! Ten more minutes before school..." I grumbled. "Shit. Why is it so cold... You think i shouldn't have to wear winter clothes in my own ho- AHHH!" I awake with a start. I'm in snow. Damn, it's cold. I could hear wind howling. Flakes falling on my face. On my face? The hell is my helmet? I roll over gingerly. The helmet was lying in the snow a couple of feet away from where I landed. I slowly crawled my way over there, slipping the helmet over my face and waiting as the HUD rebooted, and the helmet pressurized with a hiss. The heating systems came online, and I felt warmth across my body. I was so tired. I wanted to... just lay in the snow. In my nice heated suit. Reminded me of school in the winter, when I never wanted to get out of my bed in the mornings.

But this wasn't school. I had responsibility, lives on my shoulders. When giving up means death, not to you, but your brothers in arms. You get up. So I did. I picked up my rifles, "Omega Squad, sound in. I want a V formation, Lance leading point with melee, Me and Pizza next with heavies, Roxy and Rose next with support small arms, and Yusef in the V, providing grenadier support. I want Will with a Stealth Boy active, 30 feet outside formation with sniper support. We maintain a 30 mph constant pace directly towards the land carrier. Make it happen people."

My steps felt heavy, and I had to physically try to keep from my voice cracking under the stress from the intense battle just waged inside the lab (which was completely annihilated by the fighting, taking out a good portion of the facility with it too). I take out a Stimpak from my utility belt, and inject it in my wrist, between armor plates, disposing of the syringe afterwards [[HP restored]]. I then take out a syringe of Med-X. I hate drugs, but sometimes, they were necessary to get the job done... Besides, if the enemies were using it, it would only be fair...

Gritting my teeth, I chuck the Med-X far away. Why did I even take chems with me? I gritted my teeth, and shook my head. No way I was gonna let this war take away more than it already had. Oh yeah, one more thing. I walk up to Pizza, and wordlessly repair Rita to working condition. "You're welcome. And everyone- that was good teamwork in that last battle. I'm proud. Which probably doesn't mean anything to you bastards, but you can't say I never tried."

[[Players with an endurance of 7 and above do not feel tired. Players with an endurance of 6 feel a little tired: -10% to Damage Resistance. Players with an endurance of below 6 feel fatigued: -15% to Damage Resistance]]

[[LEVEL UP! Skill points gained= 10 + INT. So if you have an intelligence of 7, you get 17 points to spend on skills. If you have an intelligence of 3, you get 13 points, etc., etc. Post a new skill sheet on the Planning Board. HWFM and Sirmethos both get 2 extra points for taking the "Swift Learner Perk]]

OOC: If your character has no moral qualms to using chems, you can use any one you want. Beware of the negative side effects, including risk of addiction. Unless your character is already addicted to chems. Which would fit in with some of your characters' backgrounds.

Lance groaned as he awoke, feeling a little weary and sluggish. Grabbing on to a nearby support pillar and pulling himself to his feet, he'd take the the time to use a stimpak, injecting it into his wrist. He had some chems with him, too, but only as a last resort. He'd been addicted to Buffout once. It wasn't fun.

"Roger that, boss." Lance nodded to the captain, preparing to take point.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Roxy took a second breather as her allies finished off what she thought was the last guy. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Rose struggling with a knife wielder. Instantly her adrenaline began pumping, that chinese would succed in that action over her own body. Apparently Franks had much the same reaction as he managed to beat her to the punch. As he handles the soldier, she does her best to lift Rose.

"C'mon soldier, regroup time." she begins to say when Maxwell began cursing like a sailor in the middle of a maelstrom. "not good." she mutters before her body acts. She does her best to toss Rose opposite to Franks in an attempt to get her out of whatever blast radius she and Franks are in. Before she could follow suit, the blast goes off sending Roxy into a nearby pillar. Not for a second dd she lose concious, but even with the armor the impact shocked her body for a second. She laid unresponsive for a few seconds when her CO's orders came ringing through. "Got it boss, just need a sec...got the wind knocked outta me." she huffs, not having gotten up yet. She grits her teeth, the Remington family line was known for being soem of the toughest sons of bitches in history, she wouldn't be a weak link. With a deep breath, she gives her brain the manual override in the form of "f*ck you, get up already" before forcing herself up, resting on the very pillar she smacked into. If she saw anyone visibly worried, she would simply give a thumbs up before cotninuign to catch her breath.

"I havent." Yusef the insane bomber was alright, despite fatigue. Instead, he was chuckling like a loon. By then, the team should realize that Yusef is insane.

Guest Ruinus

Pizza finally got Rita working again after fiddling with some of the settings, and nodded at the commands, he felt a bit winded after the fight since carrying around the large gatling laser was a bit of a struggle even in the powered armor, it was imply awkward to aim the entire weapon. "Yes sir!" he snapped, "Just uh, let me pick up some ammo and a side arm at least," he added before walking over to the armory in hopes of finding a energy weapon side arm and some ammunition. "Nice!" he muttered in glee as he found a laser pistol that hadn't been damaged in the firefight.

"Alright boss," he said as he formed up on the other "wing" of the V formation, across from his leader. "Good to go." he said as he gently squeeze the trigger on Rita to warm her up.

Guest sirmethos

As I regain consciousness, the first thing I notice is monotonous noise. I groan and shout out "What the hell is making that noise, and will someone please shoot whatever the f*ck it is?!"

I open my eyes and slowly get on my feet, realizing that what's making that noise is my ears. I look around. It doesn't seem like I was out for more than a short moment.

I hear the Cap giving orders, followed by praise, and can't help grinning lightly to myself. It was a f*cking clusterf*ck, but we do good f*cking work. "Yessir."

Checking the placement of my weapons, muttering under my breath "Jackhammers secured to lower back, check. Laser pistols holstered, check." I pull my baby from its place on my back, and activate the Stealth Boy. Then, doing my best to remember stealth training with the Rangers, I head out to follow Cap's order, with a last quiet, joking shout, a grin audible in my voice "Rangers lead the way!"

Guest force_echo

"Uh. No reason. No reason at all." I replied to Lance. "Just sometimes, I may, err, talk in my sleep." He probably already knew that from being my bunk mate. But hey, if I had to deal with his constant snoring as load as a f*cking chainsaw, he could stand a couple of phrases.

Lance started running, and everyone collapsed into formation, running at 30 mph through the snow, the horrors of war blurring at their side. A US Jet screamed overhead, no more than 20 feet above their heads.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Anchorage Alaska. On your right you can see War and chaos, on your left, you can see Deathclaws, basically the same damn thing under a different name. Up above you, there is the clusterf*ck known as close quarters air combat, and if you look straight ahead ladies and gentlemen, you can see the grand attraction. A Commie landborne aircraft carrier with an experimental superweapon on it!" I paused to fire a laser burst at a Chinese infantry soldier on my right, disintegrating him into ashes. "Please. Enjoy your stay. And remember, be sure to pick Air Omega, for all of your Anchorage Alaska touring needs!" I go into a combat slide to take out the legs of a Chinese soldier in front of me, flipping him 30 feet into the air, before smoothly getting back up and running, all without dropping the 30mph pace.

Guest KevinDWolf93

After Franks shrugs off the comments he made while in Lala land Roxy took her hands off the pillar and slowly walked into formation, happy noone called attention to her own moment of weakness. She loaded up with the LMG she had dropped earlier in the scuffle. She glances over to Rose to make sure she's fine when her CO begins running. She follows in suit to keep up, silent even as a Jet rockets just over them.

Hope to god that guy knows what he's doing, Roxy mutters to herself before finding herself suprised at how well she was keeping up despite her earlier inflicitons, plus running as fast as they were camemore natural than she expected. Maybe she would have some good things to say about the suit once things were done. As Franks took a second to play tour guide, she kept her eyes focused on the ship carrying the super weapon, quite curious onw hat the hell it is to be held in something that size. WIth a war going on around them she opted to voice a question;

"Boss, as much as I love to hear you talk nonsense, what exactly are we supposed to do to that thing?" she says, pointing out the carrier. "Are we expected to jump up and grab the undercarriage?"

Guest hamtaroblazex

Rose saw the dragoon jumping at her. From her current postiotion, she was able to think up a few combat scenarios. She picked the one that seemed the most efficient, and acted on it. But, at that momment, her HUD read: REBOOTING, and it shutsdown. Nonono--NO! Come on, turn back on you bucket of junk! She then curses under her breath, knowing that whatever is gonna happen was gonna hurt. She winces, imagining the cold steel going inside her gooey inside, but what she actually saw was a flash of metal taking the commie off of her.

"Huh?" :REBOOT COMPLETE: "HUH?!" Confused by the quickly changing circimstances, but she then see's Roxxy tring to help her up. She nods and gives a smile under her helment as she appriciates the help. She was about to verbally thank her when she get's tossed, by both Roxxane and the explosion. Rose slams into a wall, and almost blacks out. She takes a few seconds to catch her breath, when she hears that they have to form up. Rose then notices Roxxane staring at her, she nods and starts running behind her, quickly getting into position.

As they were running and listining to Frank pointing out the obvious War that going on around them. Rose couldn't help but smirk, this was infinitely better then jail. Though, at first, she didn't like the suit very much. Mostly due to her inexprience with it, but she grew to like her Power Armor. It really became like a second skin. We should really do something special for Frank, he really desverves it.

She then hear's Roxxanes question. "Heh, we've done worse."

Guest force_echo

"Come on Roxy, we're in the beautiful state of Alaska, you have to slow down and appreciate the sights sometimes!" I pause to slam my rifle into the mouth of a chinese soldier. "We won't have much time before they star-" All of a sudden, the ground started exploding around the squadron. Rocket Launcher emplacements on the land carrier. I yell, "maintain formation!" hoping everyone heard as dirt and snow was being kicked up in huge quantities around us. Dirt raining down on my shoulders, I key in the secure Omega Squad comlink, "Will, snipe the shit out of them, we need a clear vector to the land carrier." We were nearly there, the land carrier dominating our vision in massiveness. Seeing a missile streak towards me, I slap it away. I saw the HUD flare red, the words UNDER HEAVY FIRE blinking. Yeah, no shit, I thought as I wondered why the hell I even programmed that function in.

[[Agility 5-6 mostly dodge the missiles, Agility 7+ dodge them completely, Agility below 5 only dodges some. Alternatively, a luck of 6 can be used to dodge most of the missiles]]

I combat rolled to the right to avoid one missile, then jumped over another one to my left. Only to get hit by a third. The explosive round blowing against my chest plate. I stagger from the force of the blow, but keep running.

OOC: Psst. Everyone remember to post your character sheet on the Planning topic.

Guest Ruinus

"Goddamit!" Pizza screams as missiles slam into his armor. He was usually the slowest of the bunch, he was never a fast person to begin with and hauling around Rita only made the situation worse. He wondered if he could try shooting down some of the missiles, but also realized that this would make him a larger target.

Guest sirmethos

Hearing the Cap's command, Will quickly rolled aside to avoid any rockets that might be heading for him, despite being stealthed, then went prone, lined up his baby and slowly started firing. Breath, hold, fire. Breath, hold, fire.

If his shots hit their target, the Anti-Material rifle was powerful enough to do some serious damage.

The missiles shook Yusef up. It was a miracle that he survived. He readied the grenade launcher to blow up the enemies coming for his squad.