Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Fallout RP

Guest force_echo

Guest hamtaroblazex

Rose saw the missles coming her way. She sucked in air, calming herself to a zen state, remembering her gymnastics routine, except, if she messed up, it was going to hurt. Alot. She gave a big grin with a very audiable, excited yell. She jumped over the first one. Spinning in mid-air to gracefully dodge two more and then finishing up by hitting the last missile by the tail, hoping to redirecit it towards the others still coming their way.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KevinDWolf93

Roxie sees the missles coming, her head tells her to get out of the way but she has to take a second to adjust to her current speed. She curses herself as she jumps much later than she planned too. She feels a few grazes across her armor, but by some miracle she doesnt feel any big explosions. Well at least until they pass. She rolls on the floor, skidding a bit due to the high speed she fell from. She manages to pick herself up and get back in formation ebfore tripping up whoever was behind her.

"Guys, where are they?!" she hollers, her whole body shaken from that near miss and only one hand gripping the barrel of her LMG. She is more alert for incoming fire rather than trying to aim for outgoing.

Guest force_echo

"I don't know. They're on the carrier somewhere, but it's too damn big to get a lock on a specific position. Even I could, the height of the carrier makes it so it would be way out of our weapon ranges." I replied as I skidded to a halt in front of the massive carrier, a solid steel massive structure that extended hundreds of meters upwards. "In your utility belts, third pocket of the left, X-9 grappling gun. Go!" I yelled to my squad, as I pulled out the X-9 with my left hand (putting the Tri-Beam Laser Rifle I previously had into a strap on my back) and aimed straight up. I squeezed the trigger and the metal tip shoots out, breaking the speed of sound a couple feet from the muzzle. The grapple latches on to the flight deck, or so I hope, I couldn't really see where the tip went from down here. I test the line to make sure it's secure and squeeze the trigger again, flying upwards.

As I flew upwards, I shot at enemy forces below with my rifle, although not before long the ground was out of weapon range. I spun around on the cable shooting through port windows, hoping to hit someone important. I couldn't help smiling at the inevitable reaction of the Chinese towards a squad of power armored infantry rappelling up the side of the carrier. As I hit the top, I wasn't quite on the flight deck, but the level below it. Not flying upwards anymore, I began swinging back and forth on the line, building up momentum. Then I let go, my path carrying me through the window on the level with a crash, as I landed with a roll, glass flying down all around me. I come out of my roll, using the momentum to carry me to cover behind a huge computer. I peek out and begin firing with my Tri-Beam at the scientists, waiting for the rest of the party to get here. The room was lined with heavy supercomputers on the walls, with a scientists and guards at steel tables and desks rearranged in a grid in the middle of the room.

Rose's kick redirects the missile somewhat as it flips around and somehow manages to go through a window on he side of the carrier by sheer luck, most likely decimating the crew inside that room. Yusef's missiles explode on the side of the carrier. At this point, Vertibirds were also launching a coordinated attack on the Carrier with dual Gatling Lasers and mini-nukes, buying Omega Squad some time.

Will sees one guys head explode through his scope, but the bullet glanced off the side of the other guy's helmet. Still alive, this man takes cover, and calls someone...

On the flight deck, the expert Chinese Sniper, whom they only call Hei Gui (黑鬼) -which literally translates to "Black Ghost" in English- smiles. Apparently, an American sniper was attempting to target Chinese artillery on the land carrier. Hei Gui peers through his spotter scope, finding what he was looking for- the characteristic shimmer of the Stealth Boy's outline. He gets out his heavily modified, custom made Gobi Campaign scout rifle, he picked it up during his operations in the desert. He remembers the ordeal fondly. He was part of an assault team, and the rifle belonged to an American counter sniper. Who he shot through his scope from over a mile away. Liking the rifle, he decided to take it as his own, customizing it with the best mods (including a suppressor) the Chinese army had to offer, and rechambering it to take .50 MG. an already extraordinarily powerful rifle turned into a machine of war. The barrel had hundreds of notch marks on it, each one an american soldier, cementing his status as a legend among both Chinese and US armies. Now, he looks down the scope towards the American sniper, and fires, the .50 depleted uranium anti-armor round impacting against the target's center, perfect solar plexus shot. Not stupid enough to stay in the same place after a shot, he rolls back over the lip of the flight deck out of sight, knowing the round probably didn't kill the target, who he suspected was wearing heavy armor from the silhouette.

OOC: Hei Gui's stats are now on the Planning Board.

Guest He who fights monsters

Yusef's ears picked up something. A sniper was imminent. Unless others caught on, he would warn his compatriots and avoid the sniper. Yusef was a demolitions expert, not a sniper.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Roxy wastes no time in grabbing the x-9. She waits for Franks' line to grab something before firing her own. The rifle fire coming from up top doesn't do much to help any nervousness coming from the forces she's about to pull. If the hook snagged something, she'd activate the line and she would prays he got up fast to regroup with her CO.

Guest force_echo

Roxy is quickly propelled upward, and Hei Gui sees it too. As she reaches the top, a bullet snaps through her line, and she begins falling...

I back up toward the window shooting, seeing if my buddies are any closer to getting here. I look through the whole to see Roxy rappelling up when her line suddenly snaps and she starts falling... Hell no. Not on my watch, I quickly lean out the window, and my hand is barely managed to grab hers. I'm now awkwardly stuck half-way out the window, with a troop of not too happy Chinese guards on my flank. And I can feel my grip slipping. "Umm, Roxy. Might not wanna look down. Also, you might wanna grab my wrist with your other hand."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Roxy sees the end of the line when she feels the snap. The weightlessness churns her stomach and she waits for a fall that is inevitable. That makes Franks' save all the more welcoming when she feels his grip. She looks up to him and smirks from under her helmet. She does as told and tries to find a spot on the carrier she can grab ahold of from there.

"Trust me you don't need to make that an order, let's make this quick before anything else goes wrong." she says quickly, aware they're in a bad spot.

Guest Ruinus

OOC: Oh ok, re-editing.

Pizza saw his team mates ascend up the carrier, and reached for his own grappling gun.

"I hate this shit." he muttered, never having had any joy for the entire excercise of rappeling up or down a mountain, cliff face, building. He wasn't born or made to be clambering about like a monkey, nor did he ever feel "safe" doing so in a heavy suit made of metal. But orders were orders and he had to do it. He adjusted his aim with the X-9 after awkwardly stowing Rita on his back harness, fired, and secured himself and began to ascend up the Chinese warmachine.

Guest force_echo

OOC: Hey Ruinus, I think you missed the last update. We're on the aircraft carrier, we used our grappling guns to get up there (you have an X-9 grappling gun too, in your utility belt). You're on the ground right now. Unless you posted and I missed it, which has happened before...

I grunt, and with a heave, I manage to pull Roxy into through the window and behind cover. It helped that she's relatively light, if it was Lance I probably would have dropped him right there. While I was pulling Roxy through the window, the Chinese managed to flank me, now, they were getting around our cover through the right. I leaned out of cover right, and shoot a running Chinese in the leg, making him fall flat. I then put the final laser in the head. "We gotta make our way over to the elevator in the center of the room," I said. Easier said than done, since suppressive fire from multiple assault rifles was keeping us pinned down. Then, all of a sudden, a grenade lodged itself on the top of the computer console we were using for cover. I considered throwing it back, but there wasn't enough time to reach to the top of the console and grab it, so I dived right, simultaneously throwing a smoke grenade in an effort to maybe protect Roxy and I from the suppressive fire.

Guest hamtaroblazex

Rose heard pizza complain as she too fired off her X-9 Grappling Hook. She laughed a little at her teammates expense "You just got to get used t--" There was a slight jolt, but that's wasn't why she stopped midsentence. She saw what happened to Roxxy, but gave a sigh of relief when she was pulled in. She trusted the suit, but she was sure the thing can only take so much. Which made her worried for not only herself, but her friends.

Guest force_echo

Rose and Pizza both ascend the land carrier, reaching the top of the flight deck. Chinese fighter jets were arrayed along the side, the main runway clearing as a Chinese jet ran screaming toward the sky. Over the far edge of the carrier, they could see a vast sparkling ocean. It was deep, deep blue, accented with white glaciers. The sky was cloudy, but it was a beautiful sight nonetheless. An American missile cruiser was in the middle of the ocean: The USS Ebon Atoll. A while away, if one would look closely, one could see the very tip of the submerged USS Interference, an American nuclear submarine.

On the left side of the flight deck, where the planes start their taxi, 4 turrets were on each side of the landing strip, their quad Gatling Lasers holding off the Vertibirds that were making attack runs on the Ship's deck. On the right side of the deck, there was a ladder leading down into the carrier, which was guarded by 6 Chinese infantrymen. The infantry wasn't looking at them, which means they could be sneaked up on, if a player had a high enough sneak skill.

Guest KevinDWolf93

OOC: Hey Ruinus, I think you missed the last update. We're on the aircraft carrier, we used our grappling guns to get up there (you have an X-9 grappling gun too, in your utility belt). You're on the ground right now. Unless you posted and I missed it, which has happened before...

I grunt, and with a heave, I manage to pull Roxy into through the window and behind cover. It helped that she's relatively light, if it was Lance I probably would have dropped him right there. While I was pulling Roxy through the window, the Chinese managed to flank me, now, they were getting around our cover through the right. I leaned out of cover right, and shoot a running Chinese in the leg, making him fall flat. I then put the final laser in the head. "We gotta make our way over to the elevator in the center of the room," I said. Easier said than done, since suppressive fire from multiple assault rifles was keeping us pinned down. Then, all of a sudden, a grenade lodged itself on the top of the computer console we were using for cover. I considered throwing it back, but there wasn't enough time to reach to the top of the console and grab it, so I dived right, simultaneously throwing a smoke grenade in an effort to maybe protect Roxy and I from the suppressive fire.

Roxy wastes no time getting into cover ater being yanked into the ship. Still she manages a "I owe ya one Max.", figuring he deserved that much. Roxy readies her LMG to fire back at the chinese pinning them down when Franks' reacts to a grenade on the council. She likewise dives next to Franks as the smoke pops, however she also drew her scoped .44 in hopes of getting a bead on the grenade. If it looked possible to shoot it off the console top she would take the shot in hopes that went flying in the direction of the bad guys.

Guest hamtaroblazex

Rose was careful, making sure she reloaded her guns with fresh clips as she saw the options. But, she really didn't want to be the one to pick. So she turned to Pizza for his opinion. "Left or Right? Stick together or divide and conquer?"

Guest force_echo

Her vision rapidly being obscured by the smoke, Roxy couldn't get a solid bead on the grenade, and the shot clanged off of the console.

I looked to see Rosy beside me, and nodded, slowly crawling over to the elevator under the random assault rifle. some rounds were being deflected off of my armor, but not enough to cause significant damage. Reaching the elevator, I popped open the door. And quickly moved inside. I rapidly press the elevator button and shoot with my other hand, as the Chinese soldiers direct their fire to the elevator. "Close damn it!" I mutter through gritted teeth. The elevator doors halfway close, as a message flashes on the console- ELEVATOR SYSTEM OVERRIDDEN.

"Damn it!" I shout in frustration. Putting my other weapon into the strap on my back, I turn to Roxy, "Cover me!" I shout as I set to work decrypting the console. I realize that by now the smoke would be clearing, leading to an increase in accuracy from the Chinese. Right as I think this, the blade of a Chinese officer sword stabs through the elevator door (which was half-closed at this point), nearly taking out my head. "Roxy! Need some help over here!" I yell. I bend the blade downwards at a 90 degree angle, careful not to touch the edge of the sword. Whoever the moron was who decided to stab the elevator, he certainly wasn't getting his sword back. I then frantically set back to work on the console.

The Chinese officer tries to pull out his sword from the elevator door to no avail, realizing it was stuck somehow. He pulls out his Chinese pistol with his right hand and a combat knife with his left, and moves to the opening into the elevator, shooting into the opening while stabbing around the corner of the elevator door in case anyone was using the half-closed door as cover to shoot at the Chinese from.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Roxy silently follows Franks into the elevator. She wasn't particularly picky with the next part of the plan but as they entered she got to wondering what the next phase of the plan when the elevator failed.

"F*ck." she mutters, taking a second to drop the LMG with itnent to reload it. That's around the time the chinese officer stabs through the door. She backs up instinctively in case more attacks came through. Franks' order registers and when the officer's pistol starts to discharge, she gets a bit pissed off. Grabbing up her shotgun, she rolls towards the crack in the door before opening fire through it with the shotgun. If that seemed to work then she would stick the semi-auto shotgun barrel through the elevator before opening fire more times at the chinese officer, hoping to unload half of the 12 round mag into this guy. She was starting to get real annoyed by chinese officers with CQB weaponry,.

Yusef attempted grappling with his team mates. Fighting off the Chinese was to be a chore, Fortunately, he had some time to brush up on melee and unarmed.

Guest force_echo

Yusef manages to get on the flight deck where Rose and Pizza were standing.

The Chinese officer's knife slash cuts Roxy at the elbow, and some pistol rounds hit her armor, but they don't penetrate. The Chinese officer, perhaps unwise to try and engage a target as defensible as the half-closed elevator was with both hands, literally gets his head blown the f*ck off from the combat shotgun. The elevator doors close and the elevator lurches upwards.

In the few seconds of respite from intense battle, I turn to Roxy. "Here, let me see that gash," I say as I inspect the wound. "As you probably know by now, I've got a little bit of experience with medicine." I take some gauze and disinfectant out. applying the disinfectant using a cotton swab, which had to hurt, and then wrapping it tight. I then inject a localized Stimpak in the area, to facilitate rapid healing. I nod, and give Roxy a hard pat on the shoulder. "Ready to go."

The elevator doors open up (we were standing on the left side of the deck), to reveal the stunning landscape in front of them. The deep blue sea, stretching as far as the eye can see, with mountainous pure white glaciers. Too bad is was ruined by the hell literally happening around them. I got a message from Yusef, something about a sniper he spotted. I wasn't too worried, after all, how bad could one sniper be? Yusef was acting like he saw Hei Gui or something. He got another message, this one from General Constantine Chase, commander in chief of the Anchorage Reclamation. I put him on the line.

"Hey, uh General Chase, sir, I'm kinda busy right now."

"No shit soldier. I heard about your mission from McCarran, and I'm asking you if that damned superweapon is offline yet!"

"Not yet sir, but I assure you, my squad is-"

I trail off my sentence as I see something big happening in the water. The water around the USS Interference was beginning to swirl. "General, are you seeing this?"

"What in the Sam's Hill- I didn't authorize any course interference, what the hell is going on over there!!! I want a Sit-Rep NOW!!!"

I heard a third voice, a scared naval commander, "S-sir, the ship's targeting systems have flagged the USS Ebon Atoll as a hostile ship! W-we cant stop it Sir! Nuclear torpedoes are being a-armed! OH GOD!"

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JU-"

General Chase didn't have the time to finish his sentence as the Ebon Atoll flares up in a magnificent nuclear explosion, a small mushroom cloud visible. I get buffeted by the massive shockwave, luckily the explosion was far enough away that Omega Squad wasn't caught in the direct blast. Almost immediately, the Geiger Counter in my Pip-Boy starts clicking to the tune of about 2 rads per second. The suits were shielded, but the radiation shielding wasn't anywhere near 100% effective. "General! General are you there!" I shouted in vain, there was nothing but static over the radio.

That's when I realized that the Ebon Atoll had sent one last payload towards the land carrier before it bit the dust. A huge ass missile. Right towards the flight deck. "Hit the deck!" I yell to Roxanne before proceeding to take my own advice. The world seemed to explode as the concussive wave and immense heat, which I could feel through my armor, hit.

"Uhh. Need. To. Stop. Getting. Caught. In explosions." I mutter as I gingerly get up, my ears ringing and my eyesight wavering. The flight deck was an absolute mess. Chinese soldiers and pilots were running around, not really paying attention to the power armor units, as they had bigger things to worry about. Strewn bodies and pure gore laid everywhere, planes were overturn. And I think I saw someone's intestines right beside me. Also, there was a huge brass bullet embedded in the middle of the flight deck. a door on the front face of the bullet hissed open, and a lone figure stepped out. "What the hell... Is that Charles Rogers? F*cking Merlin?" Merlin,originally part of the pwoer armor unit, had been reassigned fighting in the Gobi Campaign, where they needed more medics, but apparently, he had gotten spectacularly re-reassigned to his old squad at the Anchorage Reclamation.

There was no time for catching up however, as 5 Vertibirds passed overhead, carrying something big. they deposited their payload, a gigantic 60 foot tall robot, at the right end of the deck.

1000px-LibertyPrimeCA3.jpg

"Voice module online. Audio functionality test initialized. Designation: Liberty Prime. Designation: Liberty Prime. Mission: the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska. Democracy is non-negotiable! America will never fall to COMMUNIST INVASION!"

The Quad-Gatling Laser turrets that were still operational immediately opened fire on Liberty Prime. In response, Energy beams fired from Liberty Prime's eyes destroyed the turrets in a spectacular explosion. I took cover against the flying metal pieces from the remains of the turret. My head still ringing from the earlier explosion, these smaller ones did not help.

Guest Ruinus

Pizza reached the flight deck where he'd seen Roxy and his leader ascend only to be nearly knocked overboard by a titanic explosion.

"What the *vulgarity*!" he yells out as he ducks and shields his eyes in his helmet against the brilliance of a close explosion. After the shockwave rolls over him he rightens up and accesses his radio. "Where is everyone?"

Guest force_echo

OOC: Heh, sorry again Ruinus, you must have not seen my last post. I probably posted at like the same time you did.

I would keep low, and start jogging towards the only things that looked important, the power suits. Running low helped me evade all of the shrapnel. Upon reaching, I tripped over a piece of loose metal, and got back up, ending up face to face with my old friend, Maxwell Franks.

"Franks! Nice to see you, are you hurt?" As I began to recall all of my gear. They were kind enough to let me take my modified Assault Rifle with me. On it was a grenade launcher. I had a short Marine styled sword with me, for melee purposes.

Yusef, though he ran as fast as he could, barely missed the explosion, as he was able to perceive the frantic messages. "Um...we still have a problem. Do you know of a sniper that's clad in black?" He shifts his eyes and keeps low. "I think I'll need a bigger boom."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Roxy realized she was a bit overzealous with the application of shotgun shells fired, but she was just glad to finally kill someone definatively after her track record thus far. She ebgins reloading the shotgun happy that Franks got the door to close. She finishes making sure her guns are as full as possible when Max suggests checking on her knife wound. With all the adrenaline pumping she wasn't even sure that she was hit in that exchange.

"Really, I'm fine." she comments when he ignores it and begins attending to it. She gives a low sigh of annoyance, but thats as much resistance as she puts up. She's silent as he works and the elevator rises. Once the door opens again it's back to business, she grabs up the LMG and keeps watch in case anyone comes up, paying no mind to armaf*ckinggeddon happening around them./ One had to be able to focus on what wasn't in front of their faces, and Franks' talk about this hei gui was on her mind. As Max's conversation gets more heated with te General, she turns silently to try and piece together what the plan is. That's when the nuke hits.

"Max...." she begins to call, though a pit in her stomach stops the rest of the sentence from coming out. She stays silent as her head catche sup to everything. Just in time to get yelled at to get to cover. She drops to the floor and clinches to handle the explosion. She gets rocked a few feet away from her CO but her head once more is trying to register the absolute chaos everything's delved into. "We dead yet?" she calls aloud as she takes seconds she might not have to sit upright properly. She needed a godamn breather.

Guest force_echo

What I wanted to say was, "hell f*cking yes, I'm hurt! Give me a damn Stimpak!" What I did weakly grumble was, "Look at Roxy and Yusef first." I gingerly got up, and took out my laser rifle. I see Pizza trying to call on his radio. "Over HERE!" I yell hoarsely, hoping he could hear me. "The radios aren't working! Probably the EMP from the Nuke!"

Hei Gui saw the robot climb up the command tower muttering it's ridiculous propaganda. The head scientist of the carrier gave him a package. Hei Gui knew nothing about science, and the scientist knew it. "Just stick it onto some exposed wiring", the head scientist says. Hei Gui nodded. He looked down from the command tower, seeing the robot climb up. He also saw the raw carnage of the flight deck.

"ENGAGING RED CHINESE AGGRESSORS. EMBRACE DEMOCRACY OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED!" The robot said in its modulated voice before it punched its fist through the top level of the command tower, destroying it in an explosion of glass and steel. Hei Gui, leaped over the punch onto the fist, and front flipped, landing solidly on the robot's head. He looked back at the command tower. No one survived that. He slid down the back of the robot's head, bracing his landing by grabbing onto the robot's neck, and placed the package firmly onto the exposed wiring. He then back-flipped from the robot's neck, soaring through the air to land onto a flaming US fighter. He slashed at the engine with his officer's sword, ensuring the plane would go down, and jumped, barely grabbing the edge of the flight deck. He pulled himself up and drew his sniper rifle. He saw the group composing of Maxwell, Roxy, Yusef, Merlin, and Pizza. Power armor units. Those were his absolute favorite to kill. The challenge, the sweet realization that their fancy "superior" armor that they put so much faith in wasn't enough to save them. He would enjoy mounting their armor on his wall, as he did with the entirety of Delta squad. Smiling, he drew a bead on the one who was shouting. Headshot, he thought as he slowed his heart rate and fired.

At this point, the Chinese carrier was in bad shape. Apart from it's flight deck being ripped apart, sustained fire from the US submarine and Vertibirds ensured its demise. But, true to the Chinese mindset, the carrier would not be taken whole. The carrier began to lurch as it's powerful engines fired, and it drove. Towards the ocean. This, coupled with the radiation from the nuclear strike, ensured that the squad was operating on a time limit.

I turned to see the robot annihilate the command tower. But a couple seconds afterwards, blue lightning arced through his entire being. He turned, and looked straight at Omega Squad. "COMMUNISTS DETECTED ON AMERICAN SOIL. LETHAL FORCE ENGAGED". He took a mini-nuke from one of his dispensers, and hurled it at us like an American football player. The mini-nuke impacted, throwing me against the far wall, and temporarily locking up the armor's servomotors, giving the hulking robot time to advance. While I was being thrown, I could hear a bullet whiz by my helmet, ironically, the explosive force saved me from a bullet to the head. Quickly repairing my servomotors [[Players with a repair greater than 30 get up first, players with a repair below 30 have to wait 1 post, as their armor is still locked]], I was about to bark orders to the squad, when I fell down from the entire carrier lurching forward. It was heading toward the ocean.

"Change of plan! I'm going in the carrier, I'm going to stall the engines, and disable the superweapon. You guys stay up here and see if you can kill that f*cking thing! Or at least get it to shut the hell up!"

As if on cue, a robotic "DEMOCRACY IS TRUTH! COMMUNISM IS DEATH!" rang out. I wanted to give my squad a last assurance of ability, but time was running short, and I ran into the bowels of the carrier.

I immediately reached for my medical pack, snatching 2 Stimpacks. I managed a throw, the Stimpacks landed about a foot from each of the recipients. Looking around I saw the horrible faith of our enemies, it seemed the robot that we had been working back at the lab finally managed to be deployed. How lucky were they, eh? A giant mechanical robot destroying them.

"Forgive me father." I quietly whispered, knowing that it was not in my religion to randomly kill Chinese people.

I barely managed to look up as the mini-nuke struck. I was sent flying, it seemed, actually I could not see anything. Doing flips in the air, I landed upside down near the end of the carrier. My armor was repaired at a moment's notice. Picking up the Stimpack, I tossed at Franks.

"FRANKS! Catch!" I yelled, it was a perfect throw, let's hope he could make the perfect catch.

Guest force_echo

The Stimpak goes uncaught, as Franks was already gone by the time Merlin threw the Stimpak [[Merlin has 5 Stimpaks left, and 5 syringes of Med-X, also 2 syringes of Slasher]].

The servomotors reboot, but are still sticky. [[-1 Agility for 2 posts to players with repair less than 30]].

"RED MEANS DEAD, COMMUNIST SCUM," Liberty Prime bellows as he slams his foot down, imparting raw concussive force to the whole squad.

Hei Gui also gets thrown by the force of the mini-nuke, his stealth field dissipating. "Shit" he grumbles as he assumes a prose stance and targets one of the first ones to get up- Merlin. He aims for the neck, but the concussive force from the stomp, disrupts him aim ever so slightly, and the bullet impacts against Merlin's chest.