MATCH SCORE
Brock Samson: 4
Evil Ash: 0

Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Match 11990 Predator vs. The Careers

The 74th annual hunger games were in full swing the bloodbath had just concluded many tributes were dead already and the careers as usual had formed a pack. Katniss the girl on fire was resting in a tree and many of the other tributes had dispersed to fend for themselves. All in all it seemed like any of the other Hunger Games and then something happened, something neither the tributes nor the capital would ever have thought possible.

Somehow an unidentified aircraft had slipped into Capital airspace and barreled through any defenses until it came to a landing in the arena. The gamemakers were stunned by this unexpected turn of events, "What is going on here?" One of them wondered as the spied through the cameras at the strange craft, "Why didn't our hovercraft shoot it down?" One of the other gamemakers answered him, "It must have been moving too fast." The hatch of the aircraft opened suddenly and a large armored figure stepped out. The hatch closed behind the creature and it began to stalk away into the woods.

"We can't have unknown variables in the arena!" One of them protested, "Maybe we can eliminate it with a few fireballs." The gamemakers went to their controls but found suddenly that the intruder was gone. "Should we send the peacekeepers in?" One asked another shook his head, "No we don't want anyone to realize we're not in control of the situation it would be a disaster."

Back in the arena a lone tribute was tending a fire, it was so cold and she was thankful for the fire but she failed to take into account that it served as a beacon. There was an odd clicking sound in the shrubs, "Who's there?" She shouted drawing a knife she had been fortunate enough to get a hold of. It was the last word she'd ever utter there was an odd whirling sound and her head was gone, instantly the cannon fired. There was the sound of running feet and the careers burst into view expecting to laughter a helpless tribute but instead they came across a decapitated corpse. "Who did that?" Cato asked, Glimmer shrugged, "Thresh maybe?" The careers went through the corpse and the surrounding area not finding anything of much use. "Let's get out of here." Cato snarled.

As the careers made it back to their base camp by the lake and cornucopia the anthem played showing the faces of those that were dead and then an announcement followed, the voice of Claudius boomed out over the arena. "Hello, tributes there is a special twist this year, a new kind of muttation has been released into the woods with all of you the first tribute or tribute to find and kill it will be greatly rewarded with special items that are sure to give you an edge over your opponents." There was no further information.

"Did you hear that?" Marvel asked, Clove nodded, "Yeah how tough can that thing be?" The careers kept up their optimistic conversation and in the morning they'd find the muttation and kill it. Peeta shook his head all he cared about was Katniss making it out safe maybe this hunt for the muttation would take their minds off of her. Sometime in the night there was a scream followed by an unearthly roar and then a cannon fired. The careers all jerked awake, Marvel who was standing guard clutched his spear tightly. "That was close." He muttered. "Think that was the muttation?" Glimmer asked no one answered her.

The next morning the careers set out to find and kill the mysterious muttation and none of them had any idea what they were getting into.

Okay so it's Cato, Marvel, Clove, Glimmer, Peeta and the kid with the mines out to hunt the predator from the first movie. Will they succeed or are they way over their heads?

A Yautja... hunting a group of kids?

.....Unless this Yautja here is a bad blood, I just don't see him using his time in hunting kids. If anything, the Careers would not be fair game, and the Yautja in question would have to be completely abiding by the hands off code.

But then again, I am asking this because I do not know jack shit about the Hunger Games and how old these characters are.

-Rakai'Thwei

A Yautja... hunting a group of kids?

.....Unless this Yautja here is a bad blood, I just don't see him using his time in hunting kids. If anything, the Careers would not be fair game, and the Yautja in question would have to be completely abiding by the hands off code.

But then again, I am asking this because I do not know jack shit about the Hunger Games and how old these characters are.

-Rakai'Thwei

He might be a bad blood for all we know thi is told from the tributes and gamemakers points of view. The careers are baically been trained their whole life to compete in gladitorial games.

He might be a bad blood for all we know thi is told from the tributes and gamemakers points of view. The careers are baically been trained their whole life to compete in gladitorial games.

If, and IF this is a Bad Blood... All bets are off.

These kids die... HORRIBLY.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest skadoosh

The Hunger Games kids are skilled enough for a younger Yautja to see them as a challenge. This is a very good match up, but i don't know quite enough about the kids to say who wins.

The Hunger Games kids are skilled enough for a younger Yautja to see them as a challenge. This is a very good match up, but i don't know quite enough about the kids to say who wins.

It doesn't matter.... Mercenary Blade IMPLIED that this Yautja is a Bad Blood. In other words, this one regardless of rank.. is not going to play fair.

Honor is completely thrown out the window if this is a Bad Blood.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest skadoosh

Ok, great.

The kids have skills, tactics and teamwork to give the Yautja a hard time, honor or not. Plus, the kids have home-field-advantage. However, Mercenaryblade, can you confirm exactly what gear the kids have, if any? If the kids have some decent gear then they may well be able to take out the Yautja, if they're clever enough with it, but if they are unarmed, then it's only a matter of time before the Yautja takes them all out. They are good, but they aren't great when unarmed.

This was a pretty good idea for a fight, but the set-up could have been fleshed out more. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I felt it could have been great. Maybe expand on the conversations between the people who run the games and show the predator doing some stuff. I don't know. Either way, it was pretty good. Grade: B

As for the fight, I should think, if this is the predator from the first movie, the Careers stand a pretty strong chance at beating it, if they have the gear they had in the book

Guest skadoosh

The guy above has the right idea.

Also, you'll get a Good, from me, dude, once i'm able to decide who i think wins.

Guest bigballerju

Good setup but we need to know what gear the kids have as if they just have the gear they had in the movie then they get killed easily. The kids are skilled enough to survive but only with the right weapons and gear.

Ah forgive me it's been awhile since I wrote a matchup, haven't felt very inspired recently, I agree it's not my best work.

Anyway the careers are armed with spears, and a lot of knives, Cato has the addition ofa sword and Glimmer has the bow instead of a spear. Also the kid who rigged the mines is with them.

And what is the Predator armed with in this particular match?

Also what kind of armor is the Predator wearing?

Low Grade Dlex Armor? Medium Grade Dlex Armor? High Grade Dlex Armor?

-Rakai'Thwei

Predator gear: Low grade Dlex armour, combi stick, chackra disk, wrist blades. Yes he doe have a cloaking device which is why the game makers lost track of him before they could send stuff at him.

I might have the Pred take on Katniss next and probably provide a better set up I just need to get back into my groove.

Guest skadoosh

I might have the Pred take on Katniss next and probably provide a better set up I just need to get back into my groove.

That would be a good fight. And this isn't a bad set up at all, dude, it's pretty cool.

Also, given what they have, the kids are more than capable of winning this fight, but only if they wise up to the Yautja's capabilities in time. If not, they get killed off one by one until they simply can't put up a fight.

Guest bigballerju

I love this fight but seriously what would they kill the Predator with? Plus this is a bad blood on top of it ? Mines most definitely won't work and they don't even have any weapons that would put down the Predator for good. Not only that the Careers don't know what there going into and the Predator has his cloaking device. The biggest disadvantage some of there Careers have from what I saw in the film were there personalities and overconfidence. That would cost them in this fight. Katniss is there only hope as she is a true hunter and would catch on that something is following them. Once she confirms there being followed and studied then she will have them all set a trap.

However the problem is that a Bad Blood doesn't play by the regular rules like a normal Predator would.

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Not bad for a short set up. I agree with Pey's assessment.

I'd say the Predator, no matter what kind, wins here. The kids have bow and arrows, swords, knives, and spears. I don't think these kids have enough fire power to get through the shield. There best hope is to set a trap like Arnold did.