Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Match 11736 Wolverine vs. Deathstroke

Guest Betterman

Guest sirmethos

I'm assuming Deathstroke's speed is increased to the same extent as his strength, and since he ripped an airplane door off pretty easily recently, that would make him pretty fast.

Wolverine has superhuman speed as well.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirmethos

Meh, try doing a google search for "Wolverine speed feats", or ask people that are far more interested in Wolverine than I am, to give you some examples.

As I said, Deathstroke might be faster, but it's debatable.

Guest bigballerju

Wolverine's not faster then Deathstroke. Wolverine's speed is being a bit overrated here. Regardless of his mind it still takes a certain speed level to be able to hit Supergirl, take down any of the Flash, keep up with Wonder Woman to a certain degree, and more.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Slade is not faster and how can you not be that fast and have better reflexes? Your body needs to be that fast to react. So far I hear some comments that well are so bias it's laughable

One is saying that Logan is not a great fighter!

He needs his claws to win haha. Tell that to Batman that needs his gadgets to win, tell that to Slade that needs his weapons, tell that to Iron-fist or Goku

The other is that Logan has no metal to protect his stomach. Um so what? I seen read where Logan is riddled with bullets (yes in the chest) and gutted, he didn't die or get KO. He has been stabbed in the heart, shot in the head, still ticking. If you think a stab in his heart will kill him think again

Another is that Slade is more durable (lol) how is he more durable when we all know Logan heals faster, and has unbreakable bones?

So does Slade magically have metal skin or something?

Lastly Slade has guns and will attack from a distance? So what nothing Slade has will kill Logan and his swords aren't cutting him in half, plus if anyone one of you know anything about combat besides what you see in comics ( a lot of you swear they are the same)

Claws like Logan were really used and used to disarm swordsmans. Same with Sais. So don't give me excuses haha

Guest sirmethos

Stabbing him in the heart won't kill him permanently, that's true. But it will definitely make him unconscious, essentially putting him into a 'temporary death', while his healing factor fixes his impaled heart. If you leave a knife/dagger inside him, impaling his heart, then he will remain unconscious until the dagger is removed.

It would be easy to simply leave a dagger impaling his heart, while Deathstroke transports him(wolverine) back to S.H.I.E.L.D.

As for Wolverine's skills. He is highly skilled, but he doesn't actually use those skills in combat most of the time, especially not when he's in berserker rage.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Now that I can agree with, well the part that he won't die, but I can say the same about Deathstroke, that while Logan is being stabbed, makes me assume that he is really close especially since the angle has to be upward or downward, that Logan can be close enough to slice his arms and or head off. I mean, Logan is no slouch, and because he doesn't use a specific karate or kung fu kick, does not make you less of a fighter. Knowing more is doing less, that's a fact. Plus I'm simply saying based on this set up, Slade has decided to make a frontal attack which not even Hulk sometimes finishes fast. Logan is pretty smart and finds weaknesses as he fights as well, and senses and notices things much faster

Guest LoneWolf

People are acting like Wolverine is some inexperienced novice at fighting. Like even if he got up close he is too slow and harmless to tag Slade. He will be in a berzerk state, that is basically a whirlwind of adamantium blades. Take even a small child and give them 2 knives and have them rapidly slash in front of themselves and try and get close enough to punch them. You pretty much can't avoid getting cut. Now someone with over 100 years of using those knives through countless wars, assassinations and battles where he, for example took on the Fantastic 4, seriously injuring 2 of them (notice they don't have easily exploitable weaknesses like the JLA).

Wolverine will shake off any gunfire in his rage. Slade, not knowing too much about his opponent will stand and fight, as he seems to melee pretty regularly (his MO isn't run and gun in ordinary situations). Both fighters are highly skilled, it's just that Wolverine is more-so, when comparing their respective careers.

Wolverine is clearly more durable with his unbreakable bones, his healing factor is much better, his skill is higher and *** His blades will kill Deathstroke*** whereas the reverse cannot be said.

Simply put, Wolverine can take anything that Slade can dish out. Slade would not know to try and permanently impale his heart.. and even if he tried, getting at the angle required would *certainly* expose himself to a counter attack by Logan.

Further more, the climate and setting of this battle is absolutely in favor of Wolverine, this is his native environment. Once he wounds DS, regardless of his own wounds, DS will bleed out faster and fall first from blood loss and exhaustion.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Yes I think while Slade is great, he is not his best in a frontal assault. The scans everyone has posted show him being sneaky, like tripping flash as he was hiding behind a wall. Logan will be too tough that way, if he sneaks around he increases his chances from 10% to like 20% and that is no small percentage....

wolverine kills him deathstroke has no prep and gave wolverine motivation to kill him he is dead by the time he turns away from the girl he has 6 claws stuck through his chest even if he gets to fight back wolverine is going to be beserk which means he will be on par with deathstroke in speed and strength and his regen will be working even faster deathstroke is dead before he changes weapons which he would probably try to shoot logan since he knows nothing about him.

I would like to point out that Deathstroke's new armor for the new 52 is completely made of volatile promethium. It is basically the DC equal to adamantium. Plus it has properties like vibranium is absorbing energy capabilities.

So Wolverine might not even be able to cut through the armor

Guest Hastur

I think DS takes this after a protracted fight. If Logan wasn't berserking, though, that'd be much harder to call.

Slade wins for the following reasons:

1) Better fighter - Wolverine's list of fighters can include Deathstrike, and Mariko's dad, or SIlver Samurai, or DD, or Punisher; his list of conquests however, is grey, instead of black and White. He was on the ropes against these fighters every time (almost) they faced, and it was pretty much one on one. They are at best, hand to hand combatants who go for the jugular, instead of staying 'inner calm' calm, and dropping their opponent with ease with the minutest of movements. DD, by far would be the most 'level headed', and he drew all stops before either losing, pulling a draw, or getting a 'consolation' win.

Stroke's famous one feat puts him above Wolverine immediately: Taking on multiple super powered beings, who are trained to work in tandem, and keeping them on the ropes. These include, the fastest, the ones with reach, the one with utterance effect, the one with slam and drop reflex, the one with marksmanship, the one with a powerful universal weapon. True, he lost in the end, only because he let his 'demons' get in his own way. Whether it was prep, or whether it was not, it is a feat, that even with prep, I can't see folks pull off, without over the top powers. Plus, Deathstroke has bested Batman, on the fly too, not with loads of prep.

2) This fight has been relayed before. Even though folks will come out and say 'non-cannon', please allow me to correct that notion: Cannon might be regular continuity. Non-cannon is 'non-regular, out of continuity' occurrence. That does not allow it to be just discarded. Titans/X-men happened, was penned by scribes from both DC and Marvel, and they decided mutually, or begrudgingly to the outcome of a Titans and X-men charge at Stroke. Stroke downed Wolverine in seconds in that fight, a'la staff strike to the heart, with just enough pressure to cut the blood supply for that precious time, and knock him out. I believe that was only another instant of Stroke taking on a 'team' and out brawling them. It is typical of Stroke, it adds up, and with seemingly 'inferior' fighters with regards to experience, and fighting skills, he trumps them, a correct implication. Hence, I take my cue from there as well. Again, scribes agreed on it, it was not fan vote, and not 'favourism'. He dropped 'Rine before, and did it in typical, convincing fashion.

There are other reasons, but these two will suffice. Deathstroke does not need to 'kill' Wolverine to beat him. Most likely, Wolverine will fight 'out of element' in a rage, and that is the 'window' Stroke needs to lure him close enough, avert the initial Wolverine rush or salvo, take in the info. and then decide that this beat ain't going down with a kill stroke, but can be brought down with a little strike to the heart. Nothing stops him there.

- He is a more articulate figher

- Better hand to hand fighter

- Better reflex oriented fighter

- better defensive fighter

- Able to use more than 85% of his brain while in heat of combat

That last point? No other fighter in marvel or DC boasts it. Not to be underestimated by any degree, and rather an overwhelming factor against Wolverine going in this fight. Brains over brawn, savvy and improvisation over rage and adrenaline. A no show for Wolverine.

Stroke wins.

Guest LoneWolf

Batman has taken out the JLA as well before, so basically it's not that impressive any more. Wolverine > Batman = DS

Also, Punisher, DD etc.. fighting Wolverine is ALWAYS going to result in Wolverine losing, the writers have to write it that way. Wolverine can take the beating and survive (Marvel doesn't have to kill off a main character this way), whereas if Wolvy wins... damn "How can we bring Frank or Matt back to life now...?

Batman has taken out the JLA as well before, so basically it's not that impressive any more. Wolverine > Batman = DS

Also, Punisher, DD etc.. fighting Wolverine is ALWAYS going to result in Wolverine losing, the writers have to write it that way. Wolverine can take the beating and survive (Marvel doesn't have to kill off a main character this way), whereas if Wolvy wins... damn "How can we bring Frank or Matt back to life now...?

1) Batman has NEVER taken the JLA out, where there was Green Lantern, Flash, and Zatanna involved, all at the same time, in a team-up attack against one. If he has, and I somehow missed the sequence, please mention it here.

2) What teams has Wolverine 'taken on' exactly? Again, the teams in question must have members equal in ability and power to Zatanna, Green Lantern and Flash.

3) I do not accept writers PIS, but 'be-grudgingly' accept it. It is standard, it is published. Unless there is another writer's reference going against it, the reference stands and has to be accepted.

In addition to this, you guys completely side tracked out of the stated fact that in a cross-over, Stroke has been depicted dropping Wolverine.

Go ahead bros, if you can, and state the smartest, or the most tactical and powerful folks or units Wolverine has beaten in hand to hand combat and then we can talk.

Guest LoneWolf

Come back when Deathstroke takes on someone like this, then we'll talk.

138-1.jpg

Keep in mind Wolverine started his career fighting the Hulk. No PIS involved. Without PIS, DS would last less than 0.5 seconds against the JLA. Hell, they wouldn't even have a comic series since Superman and Flash would speed blitz every single foe they faced. Regardless, in the universe that Deathstrokes stories take place in, a slightly more enhanced individual than Captain America.. can take on a team containing at least 5 planetary destroying powerhouses.

Lantern could instantly kill DS.. as long as he's not an incomprehensible idiot and tries to melee him, DS specialty and only means of attack.

Superman, Manhunter, WW etc... fly at him, punch at lightspeed, game over... I guess somehow despite having trained and battle for years they can;t grasp this simple concept which could win 99% of their battles.

Zatanna: Why does she ever leave the watchtower? She can work just fine from all the way across the planet.

"Help Zatanna... we're getting our @sses kicked by ________ (fill in the blank)" ....."Oh really? __________ si on erom!" How do you lose with powers like that??? That is the biggest question of all....

Come back when Deathstroke takes on someone like this, then we'll talk.

138-1.jpg

Keep in mind Wolverine started his career fighting the Hulk. No PIS involved. Without PIS, DS would last less than 0.5 seconds against the JLA. Hell, they wouldn't even have a comic series since Superman and Flash would speed blitz every single foe they faced. Regardless, in the universe that Deathstrokes stories take place in, a slightly more enhanced individual than Captain America.. can take on a team containing at least 5 planetary destroying powerhouses.

Lantern could instantly kill DS.. as long as he's not an incomprehensible idiot and tries to melee him, DS specialty and only means of attack.

Superman, Manhunter, WW etc... fly at him, punch at lightspeed, game over... I guess somehow despite having trained and battle for years they can;t grasp this simple concept which could win 99% of their battles.

Zatanna: Why does she ever leave the watchtower? She can work just fine from all the way across the planet.

"Help Zatanna... we're getting our @sses kicked by ________ (fill in the blank)" ....."Oh really? __________ si on erom!" How do you lose with powers like that??? That is the biggest question of all....

I have read the issue, and therefore, it is a very very poor reference to state Wolverine's abilities bro. For example, the following questions stem up:

1) So, did Wolverine win?

2) Was it a draw?

3) Did Wolverine even physically face Galactus in this issue?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, perhaps, Wolverine might get the benefit of a little doubt.

Now, you have been arguing about Stroke's feats or other things being PIS. I have told you, and I will re-state bro: I do not like or accept PIS, but I 'be-grudgingly' accept it. So, I don't accept it by mind n' heart, but my mind then, eventually accepts it, since it is published, part of the story, and ultimately an occurrence that you just can not sidelined with personal opinion. Stroke did those things, they will stand. Your opinion doesnot them moot make.

Now bro, in the interest of fairness of opinion even, it would have been cool to state at least the cover you showed is the ultimate PIS, but you didn't. Be fair bro, all characters should be weighed using the same scale. I await your reply.

Guest LoneWolf

Alright, I finally got around to reading the battle where Slade "Beat" the "JLA". Turns out it was just Green Arrow, Flash, Zatanna and Hawkman and a total 'noob' with a GL ring in that fight. No Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman or Manhunter. That's cannot really be called the JLA as none of their real power players were present. That Green Lantern, who tried to punch Slade, is a very sad example indeed. That is like Storm running up to Wolverine instead of flying up and using her powers. Why didn't he just instantly shield all of his teammates, do they even train whatsoever?

Flash being struck in melee is pretty doubtful as well, to him the blade should have been moving at the speed of molasses and he should have been able to dodge effortlessly, a punch or blade strike moves no faster than 50 mph... tell me he can't percieve and avoid that when he can dodge an -IN PROGRESS- explosion moving 1,000s of MPH.

Logan did battle the Fantastic 4 and with a roster that arguably could beat that JLA roster.

That Green Lantern, who tried to punch Slade, is a very sad example indeed.

That particular Green Lantern, is Kyle Rayner, the guy who later becomes Ion, of course, this fight is relatively early in his career, from what I remember at least.

Flash being struck in melee is pretty doubtful as well

Flash regularly fights against enemies whom he should have no trouble avoiding, yet he gets hit every so often, it's yet another instance of the character not using their powers to their full potential.

On 5/29/2012 at 2:45 PM, LoneWolf said:

Alright, I finally got around to reading the battle where Slade "Beat" the "JLA". Turns out it was just Green Arrow, Flash, Zatanna and Hawkman and a total 'noob' with a GL ring in that fight. No Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman or Manhunter. That's cannot really be called the JLA as none of their real power players were present. That Green Lantern, who tried to punch Slade, is a very sad example indeed. That is like Storm running up to Wolverine instead of flying up and using her powers. Why didn't he just instantly shield all of his teammates, do they even train whatsoever?

Flash being struck in melee is pretty doubtful as well, to him the blade should have been moving at the speed of molasses and he should have been able to dodge effortlessly, a punch or blade strike moves no faster than 50 mph... tell me he can't percieve and avoid that when he can dodge an -IN PROGRESS- explosion moving 1,000s of MPH.

Logan did battle the Fantastic 4 and with a roster that arguably could beat that JLA roster.

1. This bro, has been discussed before, in spades. It was a fight that not only put Stroke on the map, or rather, helped him reemerge as a major fighting villain, but was the talk of the comic goers' worldwide. See, call it PIS or not, Metlzer made it believable (from his end anyways) by stating, that he fight in the matter of a few seconds. Stroke used Flash' resiliency, Zatanna's hesitation, Hawkman's mad on fury, Arrow's (comparatively) inadept hand to hand, Ralph's mad on attack, Atom's poor timing and Lantern's confusion against them well, all in the matter of a few seconds. If you see it in that time frame, then perhaps, it is possible, in comic terms. After all, Stroke uses more of his brain in the heat of combat than any f the other people in this entire post, period. I mentioned this bro, specifically, that do not undermine, or under estimate that ability. It is what really makes Deathstroke dangerous. By the by, there were no 'noobs' in that line up. Again, it is quite surprising, that you would simply discard the entire lineup just like that, where this lineup, whilst not having the big three, is still powerful enough in regards to co-ordination, experience, and even power set. (Re-stating that having Flash and Lantern on the same team would mow down an army of opponents, leave alone one opponent).

Bro, you simply just can't discard this feat!

1. Wolverine taking on FF is not as impressive a feat as this JLA line up. Any

FF lineup would have their hands full with em'. As you yourself state; Zatanna doesn't even need to be down there. Wholly agree. Only thing is, she was just there at the wrong place at the wrong time. Plus, what happened when Logan faced em'? Did he drop em? Did he just drop, or did he pull a commendable draw? Lets hear it on this one as well.

1. You are leaving a lot of loose ends there bro:

A : Wolverine vs Galactus. I read the issue. You though, have cited it as a reference, to give Logan leverage. So, is the leverage there or not? Is there something about the issue I don't understand that substantiates Logan's fight there?

B : You still haven't commented on if that in any case, win, lose or draw, would be a major PIS.

C : You also never acknowledged that Stroke is the more level headed, faster, articulate and 10 steps ahead fighter

Sorry bro, as of this post, Stroke fairly, still takes this one.

Guest LoneWolf

Invisible Woman alone could take a team like that, displaying that level of competency.

Flash runs smack into her shield, KO's himself. Put bubble in Zatanna's lungs, she can't talk, passes out. Just throw a spray of invisible projectiles in every direction, KOing everyone else.

GL tries to punch her, she grabs hand, turns his optic nerves invisible, beats him in h2h since that's what he seems to like even though he is holding an immeasurably powerful weapon on that hand.

Wolverine VS Galactus while being a ridiculous match up, is no worse than that JLA showing with all its facepalm logic holes.

Also, which bro were you talking about when you said: "This bro, has been discussed before, in spades."

If you were addressing me, it should have been phrased, "This, Bro, has been discussed before - in spades!"

Grammar is a cheap shot, but I am actually confused to whether you are addressing me, or calling Wolverine or Deathstroke a 'Bro'.