Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 11736 Wolverine vs. Deathstroke

Guest Betterman

Guest Betterman

ADMIN EDIT: Attention, CBUB. This match has been plagiarized from a match-up made on another site, so disregard this as something original from this user. Here is the original match-up: 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/wolverine-vs-deathstroke-read-564739/

Wolverine versus Deathstroke (Bloodlusted) (No morals)

(Wolverine can enter his rage mode)

Wolverine is on the run from Shield they wan't him dead. The X-men have spltin up.
Wolverine takes refugee in the snowy parts of canada. There he wanders the forest hurt and injured from killing 180 shield agents.
Wolverine past out.
2 weeks later he wakes up in a cabin Where he is given a drink by a little girl and women. Wolverine stays with the small family.
They take care of him. And Wolverine falls in love with the little girls mother.
While Woverine is eating breakfeast with the family. The Mom is shoot by a sniper. Wolverine and the girl ducks under the table.
But the little girl runs toward here dead mother."Noooooo"said Wolverine.

The Girl is shot. Wolverine is pissed and bust out of the cabin.
"I have come to kill you"
Deathstroke was hired by shield to find and kill Wolverine. "Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Wolverine screams and then charges.

Remember this is a all out battle to the death!!!!!!!!!!! No holds bar. They can do anything. nothing is off limits. They are far far alway from people and are in the middle of no where.

To make things more interesting. Since bears can smell food. There will be 4 brown bears trying to eat them.

Who wins this death battle?

Note: Deathstroke reall doesnt have prep. It is just a find and kill mission. They dont give him very much time to study Wolverine.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LoneWolf

A few spelling errors, but I like the set-up. It's straight to the point, sniper kills the hero's girl, he's out for revenge. I personally think Wolvie > Batman > Nightwing > DS. So there you have my opinion. I'm sure people will argue about it though.

Guest bigballerju

Sorry for the setup it will be a D as there isn't much of a setup here and this is more for a Rumble. Deathstroke wins as if he has been hired by Shield he knows all about Wolverine plus he will know his weaknesses as well. In addition he will be more then ready for him with prep.

Guest .Big Game James.

Sorry for the setup it will be a D as there isn't much of a setup here and this is more for a Rumble. Deathstroke wins as if he has been hired by Shield he knows all about Wolverine plus he will know his weaknesses as well. In addition he will be more then ready for him with prep.

it's said in the set-up ds does not have prep nor does he know much about wolvie. wolvie ftw

Guest sirmethos

it's said in the set-up ds does not have prep nor does he know much about wolvie. wolvie ftw

You don't need to know much about Wolverine to win. Adamantium and Healing Factor, that's all you need to know.

Why not like the posts where you're receiving constructive criticism? Those can help you out a lot more in the long run.

Anyway, so-so set-up. A plus here it that is employs the use of an image to help make it more dynamic. Wish more users would try that. There's also a lot of spelling mistakes, though, and there's not much story here. Next time, go into more detail, and try to use a more unique matchup (This is the sixth time Wolvie and DS have fought in the CBUB).

As for the match, the brown bears are fairly inconsequential. Both Logan and Slade can tear through them easily enough.

Doesn't much matter. Slade is almost as good at strategizing on the fly as he is with prep time. This one is likely going to come down to skiils and physical ability.

Guest bigballerju

If Deathstroke is hired by Shield he may not have prep but they for sure would tell him about Wolverine's abilities and the adamantium. They wouldn't just hire Deathstroke and send him to kill Wolverine with no knowledge.

Guest .Big Game James.

If Deathstroke is hired by Shield he may not have prep but they for sure would tell him about Wolverine's abilities and metal. They wouldn't just hire Deathstroke and send him to kill Wolverine with no knowledge.

it's adamantium not metal lol. and i agree with you 100% on SHEILD giving ds a "heads-up" but i think he will need more than that to get the upperhand on logan. my opinion of course.

Guest LoneWolf

Logan's the best at what he does... Deathstroke also does the same thing, but notice... He's not the best at it!

Guest .Big Game James.

Adamantium is a form of metal in the Marvel universe.

it's like saying x-man instead of x-men to me lol. it's not a big deal really.

Guest sirmethos

it's like saying x-man instead of x-men to me lol. it's not a big deal really.

It's like saying Iron, instead of simply calling it a metal.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

I will mention a few things

1. Logan in berserker mode will heal much faster than he already does. And Logan heals much faster than Slade does.

Logan wins in the physical attributes, as he has been known to be a top martial artists, great tactician/hunter and maniac.

2. Slade might be smarter, but unless SHIELD also gave Slade additional weapons, Slade is not going to pull anything out of his arse to beat him with guns or bladed weapons

3. Even if someone like Reed Richards or Batman level of genius people were to suddenly try to beat Logan they would need an outside source to contain him, like a weapon that can ko him or a cage that can't be broken.

4. Slade can get decapitated and Logan cannot, so if they both stab each other, Logan is a great enough fighter and has enough know how to take his head off

5-6. If you guys are going to say anything about PIS or comic mechanics, then please consider the fact that Slade should never be able to take out anyone in the JL except maybe Batman since he is just a regular human

Logan for the win

Guest LoneWolf

Yup, with no prep Slade isn't so bad anymore. Wolverine can put him down, but nothing he has can stop Wolverine and he can't out run or hide from him.

Guest sirmethos

Wolverine isn't really that difficult to take down.

How entire stomach is not protected by Adamantium, and it is very much possible to put a blade through his heart, if you insert it through the stomach(similar to how Wolverine defeated Sabretooth, when Creed had Adamantium, and Wolverine didn't).

Deathstroke is more than smart enough to use that, and physically capable enough to do it.

I will mention a few things

1. Logan in berserker mode will heal much faster than he already does. And Logan heals much faster than Slade does.

And what does this have to do with anything especially if Slade is going to fight him from a distance which he more than likely will. Slade's way more intelligent. He's not gonna go hand to hand with Wolverine.

Logan wins in the physical attributes, as he has been known to be a top martial artists, great tactician/hunter and maniac.

If that is the case then why do we only see him in comics jumping at crap and slashing. All this skill he has he never seems to use even if it is there. What martial arts have you seen him use? There was the story ark where his GF died and the guy was fighting him with a sword and he used his claws and that was a mismatch there with his healing factor. For the most part he just goes in and starts slashing. That is all he does and he has trained other xmen in fighting but he never EVER uses it against anyone I have seen. Therefore would he use it against slade? No he would do what he does with everybody else. Start slashing and hope to hit something and again, it's not like Slade can't time or judge his moves. Slade can get your patterns down in seconds and wolverine does none of this. If all you are about is hack and slash forget it, he's not super strong and from what I understand you may be wrong about the strength of slade which i think was slightly enhanced. I may be wrong on that yet hes stronger than a normal human though not superhuman.

2. Slade might be smarter, but unless SHIELD also gave Slade additional weapons, Slade is not going to pull anything out of his arse to beat him with guns or bladed weapons.

Really? You guys talk about martial arts all the time yet seem to forget if Slade can avoid the blades of wolverine for long enough and tire him out (yes wolverine can get tired) would it be impossible to suffocate him? A healing factor does not keep wolverine from needing to breathe. Plus even with a healing factor slade is very accurate with his weapons. If he gets range he can take out an eye which won't grow back in 10 seconds. Wolverine has a healing factor yes but it still depends on what kind of injury. Remember that. Also Wolverine can be gassed. Slade is known to carry various weapons yet he is not batman with a utility belt who is to say that Slade doesn't have something on him that can gas wolverine to knock him out? You guys kill me with forgetting how creative a battle COULD be. If you want slash and brawl just say it but a character on the level of Slade just doesn't always fight like that.

3. Even if someone like Reed Richards or Batman level of genius people were to suddenly try to beat Logan they would need an outside source to contain him, like a weapon that can ko him or a cage that can't be broken.

Which eludes to what I was saying. DS was on a kill mission according to the story (which was still not written well). Just because the story does not say it we STILL have no idea of what Slade has on him OR if he has something stored somewhere else. Which could be the case here. One of the biggest mistakes I think ever made concerning WV's durability is allowing him to be able to take shots from the hulk simply BECAUSE of his skeleton. A healing factor to me does not sound like a shock absorber that would compensate for blows of that magnitude. Wolverine should be able to be knocked out like anybody else due to the shock of the nerves and pressure points. Plus Slade is NOT out of shape to the point where Wolverine would just run him down and be so fast he can't keep up with him. You guys are taking Wolverine going crazy like its the end all be all. Just know if he does go berserk he's NOT thinking and this is where Slade has the advantage.

4. Slade can get decapitated and Logan cannot, so if they both stab each other, Logan is a great enough fighter and has enough know how to take his head off

Lets be honest, again Logan is not a GREAT fighter. He has to pull his claws each and every time to get the win or get ahead in a lot of battles. I have yet to see him try to slug it out with anybody regardless of his skeleton. He INSTANTLY goes for the claws. A great fighter to me finds other ways to battle and looks at the battle for what it is. Again Wolverine doesn't do that and this is not a fight that would be over in just seconds simply because of his blades and skeleton. What about an exploding bullet in the eye? If slade has one of those believe me Wolverine is not going to just hop right back up after taking that. That adamantium skull of his has a brain inside and what if a bullet went through the eye socket and dug in the brain? How's he going to get it out? Just move it around and spit it out because of his healing factor? A healing factor isn't brain surgery. You think Wolverine even with an injury like that would just get up five seconds later? Think for once.

5-6. If you guys are going to say anything about PIS or comic mechanics, then please consider the fact that Slade should never be able to take out anyone in the JL except maybe Batman since he is just a regular human

Logan for the win

Really? Slade can't take out anybody but Batman? Then why does he give the titans so much hell? One guy wreaks major havoc and he can't take anybody out? I was not going to comment yet for all the people who know here its like its a crime to THINK outside the box and think that Slade would outsmart this joker. I mean come on if he has a weapon that can shock wolverine like a stun gun wolverine wouldn't just laugh that off either. Really you guys are acting like the healing factor makes him impervious to pain and he can't be moved like juggernaut or something. Not true. Slade would win in my view. Also you seem to forget that the sword that slade carries is supposed to be able to cut through anything with the kind of metal it is. Would this mean that it can't cut through adamantium?

Look up the weapons of slade and you tell me which obviously you haven't. It's not just healing factor, adamantium and bye Slade. No. I am even surprised that sirmethos said slade would lose. I think he's very wrong as anybody else would be. If he found a body of water around the area (which we don't know exists) Wolverine shouldn't be able to swim as heavy as he is with the skeleton or maneuver well in the water. What happens if he ends up in a river and gets drowned if Slade can get a jui jitsu lock on him? Remember that wolverines blades are only sharp on the bottom not the top. (Unless I am wrong). Control his hands with a bolo weapon and tie him down and if he can't move his arms to get his blades up to where he can break the bonds what is he going to do then? Again the DUDE is NOT superhumanly strong, there are plenty of metal cords that can hold him its just about positioning is all.

So again, a mindless brawl slade can forget it, yet we still don't know how close Slade was due to the horribly writen story to Wolverine. If he was far enough away Slade is good enough to plant a bullet right down the throat of wolverine, the man has excellent reflexes and timing skills. He'd get away from Wolverine and after he saw what the blades can do plan his move from there. If you only want to deal with hack and slash then do so, yet Slade's got a brain and its way more advanced than wolverine. Its pathetic for wolverine to be this ex govt operative and all this and then all we ever see him do is leap at people and try to slash them. That is a waste of his supposed skills. Yet Slade does not waste his.

Slade wins. He can't kill him for sure yet he can slow him down and I believe knock him out especially if he has use of his weapons. We don't know what slade is carrying and that to me is a big enough question to say he wins.

Guest sirmethos

I am even surprised that sirmethos said slade would lose. I think he's very wrong as anybody else would be.

Wait... Exactly when did I say that Deathstroke would lose?

As far as I know, I haven't commented on the outcome at all.

In fact, the closest I've come, to commenting on the outcome of the fight, is saying that Deathstroke does have the capabilities to take Wolverine down.

Not to plug my own battle yet the one I posted concering Ultimate Cap vs Ultimate Nick is right up your alley as far as deducing probability. Overall as far as your comments it sure looked like you said something about it that made me think you were supporting wolverine...my mistake.