Rumble 20564 Abigail vs. The Ghoul (Cooper Howard) vs. Suprema
MATCH SCORE
Abigail (2023 film): 1
The Ghoul (Cooper Howard): 0
Suprema: 5

CBUB: The game as it is played

Fox

Oh. In that case. Who did you PM, DS?

treach. And have patience; it ususally takes them a while to get to this type of thing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Austo191

Or, you can resort to Plan B. Commence with Operation: Fill Up Treach's Inbox!

Not sure if that would be a good way to get on someone's good side lol ... But it wouldn't hurt ...

Guest MarxzVulpez

I have a couple of questions. I've seen in the Recently scored matches" section the title Scratch in front of some matches. What does that mean? secondly, are they still adding to the hall of fame?

Guest Austo191

Scratch means that the none or most of the judges gave it a bad grade. And I don't know about the Hall of Fame. I think so.

I have a couple of questions. I've seen in the Recently scored matches" section the title Scratch in front of some matches. What does that mean? secondly, are they still adding to the hall of fame?

Alright, to answer your first question, a match scratches when a receives lower than a "C", or 2.0 average for its F.P.A. (Fight Points Average). You've probably seen how the grading breaks down. You get grades from Match Judges, who typically rate matches based on story quality. Match Judges are basically everybody with a colored title (but mostly the guys in teal). If you want high ratings, you should really aim for writing good stories for matchups.

As for your second question, the Back Issues haven't had a new match for years, but FoxFingers, the webmaster, has been considering starting them up again. The trick is finding someone willing to be write them weekly.

Might be awhile longer for that. Looks like the admins' hands are full at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
snip

Who the flying FAQ is Test Character Zero?

Test Character Zero, is a stand-in character, that you can use if the character you want to use isn't already in the database.

if you get in the judges group, is it like jury duty?

No, being a CBUB Match Judge, simply means you can rate the matches that are created, there aren't actually any requirements for the group.

No, being a CBUB Match Judge, simply means you can rate the matches that are created, there aren't actually any requirements for the group.

Actually, you have to be Rank 2 or 1, before a current Judge can vote you in.

It is a requirement, though. If you're not at that rank, you can't be a judge. Although, Pseudonym was made one, so that might not even really matter anymore. *Shrugs*

You seem to be missing the point.

All the things you have mentioned, have been stuff about how you become a judge, they have absolutely nothing to do with what you're supposed to actually do, once you are one, which was his question.

Guest Pseudonym

Well, I kinda earned it. The Rank 1 or 2 thing was to make sure that we don't have armies of trolls coming in and giving Fs to all the matches like they used to in the old days. We only want people who've been around and known the system to make matches. Me, I've been here for about half a decade. I remember when ND# was just ND4 making absolutely horror-terrible spongebob matches on a weekly basis. (Is that guy still around? I liked him?)

So yeah, I'm a match judge because I've been around the block and I know what kind of writing makes for a good CBUB match and a bad one. But don't worry guys, I judge rather leniently.

Heh. Yet it seems it's possible some members may not be mature enough to handle the responsibility. You didn't hear that from me, though. :ph34r:

As for ND... he was part of the UWT flock. If you pop in there, you might see him. (I haven't gone to the Chat rooms in months. ^^; ) Those guys are rarely seen here, anymore.

• 1 month later...