The Ghoul (Cooper Howard): 0
Suprema: 5

Tournament - Esther Coleman vs. Norman Nordstrom
MATCH SCORE
Esther Coleman: 0
Norman Nordstrom: 6

CBUB: The game as it is played

Fox

The Comic Book Universe Battles is a great place to talk about who can beat who, but it is also a game.

It is the game aspect that this post discusses

Table of Contents

I. Match Types

II. Rankings

III. Points

IV. Judges

V. FPA Scoring

VI. Removing Bad FPAs

I. MATCH TYPES

There are two types of matches which can be created in the CBUB Match Maker

1. A Rumble
  2. A Match

Rumble: A rumble is basically a glorified regular forum discussion about who could beat who. Rumbles go to the Rumble forum for discussion. Rumbles are NOT part of the CBUB game. No more need be said about a Rumble.

Match: A match is a contest created using your points available. A match will be rated by CBUB Judges and their determination will result in your score.

When a match is created you are expected to immediately post up a scenario or "Set-Up" about the fight. The quality of the Set-Up and the contestants chosen for the match are (generally) what CBUB Judges will score you on. Matches are scored by judges with grades A - F.

II. RANKINGS

There are five Rankings based on a Five Star system.

New players begin at No Stars, naturally.  Top players would be 5 star.

For more info on the Rank system see:

III. POINTS

Points are what you use to create Matches with. It takes one point to check one character out of the CBUB Database for use in a match.

Each rank has a certain number of Points available.

Rank 1: 9 points

Rank 2: 8 points

Rank 3: 6 points

Rank 4: 5 points

Rank 5: 4 points

At Rank 5 (the special newbie tutorial rank) a player may only make 1-on-1 matches.

To make a 3-on-3 match a player would need 6 points to check characters out of the Database.

IV. JUDGES

Anyone can Judge a Rated Match by giving it stars in the Topic.  Choose the number of Stars based on how entertaining the Fight Set-up is.

Judges are a special group whose rating count twice (x2).  Generally, they are people who have been around the site for awhile and made Rank 1 or Rank 2.

New and existing players can be put into the CBUB Judges group if they make Rank 1 or Rank 2 and have been around the site for awhile participating.

Why Judges? Because some assholes like to give everything 1 star.  Judges move the rating on a match towards an Average mean that is probably more true to its worth.

V. FPA Scoring

Your overall FPA (Fight Point Average) is calculated on a Five Star system like, say, user reviews on items in Amazon.

It is a weighted average.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs to be pinned, as well as used to update the "About the CBUB" page.

Also, Rank 3 to make six character matches? Gah, I had a multi-character match in mind, but aw, well. I'll just have to work my way up, then.

EDIT: Wait, was this already pinned when I made this post?! I can still be a n00b sometimes. :blush:

For some reason, no one else has questions...

Well, here's one: does voting and rating on CBUB matches still last five days, as was recently implemented?

For some reason, no one else has questions...

Well, here's one: does voting and rating on CBUB matches still last five days, as was recently implemented?

It's back to three days. I'll note that in the Release Notes for this update, when I post it.

Awww! I liked the five days! It gave us more time to get around to reading matches, discussing and debating them and to think them over!

I'm open on that. Some people seemed to think 5 days was too long.

There is only one final solution: Poll!

I admit that 5 days is a long time by internet time, but it is also a reasonable amount of days because there are a lot of times people have to think before they choose who wins: Why should the person/team win, what are the weaknesses, what is the history of the characters/teams, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yonda1m3

Ahh, changed to 5 days... That explains why my points have yet to return... I'm glad you guys took the initiative to do something like this :D thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest Austo191

So by the looks of it, if I finish two more matches I can potentially become a Match Judge. If I maintain Rank 2?

So by the looks of it, if I finish two more matches I can potentially become a Match Judge. If I maintain Rank 2?

From the looks of your stats, your ranking's already there, man. It takes a Rank 2 user to qualify.

Guest Austo191

Yes. If one of us requisitions it. So, you'd better get on one of the judges' good side. I need to borrow $50. *Hint, hint*

Shoot! All I have is five. Close enough, right? :D

From the looks of your stats, your ranking's already there, man. It takes a Rank 2 user to qualify.

Sweetness. Do I need some sort of stamp of approval now or what?

Sweetness. Do I need some sort of stamp of approval now or what?

We just have to alert an admin now.

It depends on which Admin he asked, and how long it is before they see the PM. I PMed Treach, a request for JohnnyChany to be made a judge, and had to drop a few post hints, to get him to check his Private Messages. ^_^