Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Ultimate Captain America vs Deathstroke

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spytheman

Deathstroke is good, and he surely beats regular Cap, but Ultimate Cap takes this one. Deathstroke is faster, but Cap makes up for that ith superior skill, and their physical strength is so close it really won't make a difference. Deathstroke is the better tactican, but without any prpe time it won't make that much of a difference. It'd be a good fight to watch though.

Guest Darxeth

I'm going with Deathstroke. He can lift around 3 tons, Cap Can't. So he's stronger than Cap. He's faster than Cap. He went toe to toe with Batman in h2h combat and Batman had to call on Nightwing and Tim Drake to help him even beat Deathstroke. He defeated a majority of the Justice League at the same time by himself and his healing factor is faster than Captain America's. He also comes back from the dead from time to time. His brain works miles faster than Captain's as well. Deathstroke ftw.

I'm going with Deathstroke. He can lift around 3 tons, Cap Can't. So he's stronger than Cap. He's faster than Cap. He went toe to toe with Batman in h2h combat and Batman had to call on Nightwing and Tim Drake to even beat him. He defeated a majority of the Justice League at the same time by himself and his healing factor is faster than Captain America's. He also comes back from the dead from time to time. Deathstroke ftw.

Good points, though this version of Cap actually can lift around three tons, if not more. He's described by Nick Fury as being able to "bench press a Toyota", and has lifted fully-frown trees bare-handed. He's also overpowered Ultimate Spider-Man, a confirmed five-tonner.

As far as durability goes, he once jumped out of a moving plane rather than opting to use a parachute, and stab wounds are said to heal in the space of a few minutes. As far as hand-to-hand combat goes, I'd say Cap is the more skilled of the two, though only by a slim margin. The main reason Deathstroke is capable of beating Batman down is 'cause of his powers, not just his hand-to-hand skill. Deathstroke is basically trained in several different militaristic close-quarters combat systems rather than actual martial arts styles, but Cap is trained in these and several other traditional martial art styles, too. All in all, Ultimate Cap is pretty much superior to 616 Cap in every way, which is why I thought this'd be an even fight.

Note: I'm not debating for either side here, as I can't actually deside who would win. I'm just making a few comparisons.

Guest Darxeth
Good points, though this version of Cap actually can lift around three tons, if not more. He's described by Nick Fury as being able to "bench press a Toyota", and has lifted fully-frown trees bare-handed. He's also overpowered Ultimate Spider-Man, a confirmed five-tonner.

As far as durability goes, he once jumped out of a moving plane rather than opting to use a parachute, and stab wounds are said to heal in the space of a few minutes. As far as hand-to-hand combat goes, I'd say Cap is the more skilled of the two, though only by a slim margin. The main reason Deathstroke is capable of beating Batman down is 'cause of his powers, not just his hand-to-hand skill. Deathstroke is basically trained in several different militaristic close-quarters combat systems rather than actual martial arts styles, but Cap is trained in these and several other traditional martial art styles, too. All in all, Ultimate Cap is pretty much superior to 616 Cap in every way, which is why I thought this'd be an even fight.

Note: I'm not debating for either side here, as I can't actually deside who would win. I'm just making a few comparisons.

I agree with you. I don't know too much about Ultimate Cap, I assumed he was slightly better than his 616 counterpart. And as far as know, the only martial arts training that Deathstroke has received is Karate and Jujitsu. He's also trained as a Ninja too. So I guess it's safe to say Cap is, as you said, slightly better at martial arts.

Good Call, great match-up.

Attributes:

-Strength: Equal

-Reflexes: Deathstroke

-Stamina: Equal? (Deathstroke has been impaled clean through the chest and it only slowed him down a little)

-Close Combat: Captain America (Cap has more martial arts training and his shield can be used for offense AND defense effectively, as opposed to Slade's sword)

Special Categories:

-Improvised Tactics: Deathstroke

-Ruthlessness: Deathstroke (I'm sure he's a lot nastier overall than Cap, I may be mistaken though)

-Armor: Equal (Although I think Deathstroke's is made of promethium, if so I'd give the edge to him)

-Luck: Captain America

Winner: Deathstroke IMO.

I agree with you. I don't know too much about Ultimate Cap, I assumed he was slightly better than his 616 counterpart. And as far as know, the only martial arts training that Deathstroke has received is Karate and Jujitsu. He's also trained as a Ninja too. So I guess it's safe to say Cap is, as you said, slightly better at martial arts.

Good Call, great match-up.

Attributes:

-Strength: Equal

-Reflexes: Deathstroke

-Stamina: Equal? (Deathstroke has been impaled clean through the chest and it only slowed him down a little)

-Close Combat: Captain America (Cap has more martial arts training and his shield can be used for offense AND defense effectively, as opposed to Slade's sword)

Special Categories:

-Improvised Tactics: Deathstroke

-Ruthlessness: Deathstroke (I'm sure he's a lot nastier overall than Cap, I may be mistaken though)

-Armor: Equal (Although I think Deathstroke's is made of promethium, if so I'd give the edge to him)

-Luck: Captain America

Winner: Deathstroke IMO.

This seems about right. Thanks for the analysis.

Ultimate Cap is quite ruthless, though. Unlike the mainstream version, he's perfectly willing to use lethal force, he often uses his shield to decapitate people. Probably won't help him much against 'Stroke's superior mental capabilities, though.

Guest Darxeth
This seems about right. Thanks for the analysis.

Ultimate Cap is quite ruthless, though. Unlike the mainstream version, he's perfectly willing to use lethal force, he often uses his shield to decapitate people. Probably won't help him much against 'Stroke's superior mental capabilities, though.

Hm, I see. With that in mind the battle would be even closer than it already is.

Flip a coin.

Heads: Deathstroke wins

Tails: Ultimate Captain America wins

-That is how close this battle would be given the situation listed in the description.

Guest Spytheman

On the note of tactics; yes Deathstroke wins in that department. But Cap is far from a slouch when it comes to battle tactics. And seeing as there is no prep time, I say it makes no difference. But heres where caps skill comes in handy. Combining superior skill and genius battle tactics, Cap is more then capable of outfighting Deathstroke. Deathstroke may have speed, but with Caps mind and skill, he should be capable of predicting Deathstrokes moves, getting him into a submission hold, and from there it's all over.

On the note of tactics; yes Deathstroke wins in that department. But Cap is far from a slouch when it comes to battle tactics. And seeing as there is no prep time, I say it makes no difference. But heres where caps skill comes in handy. Combining superior skill and genius battle tactics, Cap is more then capable of outfighting Deathstroke. Deathstroke may have speed, but with Caps mind and skill, he should be capable of predicting Deathstrokes moves, getting him into a submission hold, and from there it's all over.

Well, Deathstroke's reflexes are literally described as being instantaneous, so he could probably block Cap's attacks the second he makes them.

I'm glad the match is even though.

Guest Darxeth

I never said he was a slouch.

However, he can't even be compared to Slade in that department. Slade has been deemed "The world's greatest strategist." By Roy Harper, who's seen him in action on many occasions.

That is why I put "Improvised Tactics", meaning: The ability to create scenarios in a person's mind based on his/her current situation. And seeing how Deathstroke can think amazingly fast, he can create a simulation in his mind within a manner of moments and analyze the outcome and choose which course of action to take before Cap can make a move. Improvisation is part of situational tactics, and I dare say that Slade is better at improvising than Cap.

I don't think Captain America is as smart as Deathstroke nor can he think as fast.

This is why I think Deathstroke has the upper hand.

Guest Spytheman
I never said he was a slouch.

However, he can't even be compared to Slade in that department. Slade has been deemed "The world's greatest strategist." By Roy Harper, who's seen him in action on many occasions.

That is why I put "Improvised Tactics", meaning: The ability to create scenarios in a person's mind based on his/her current situation. And seeing how Deathstroke can think amazingly fast, he can create a simulation in his mind within a manner of moments and analyze the outcome and choose which course of action to take before Cap can make a move. Improvisation is part of situational tactics, and I dare say that Slade is better at improvising than Cap.

I don't think Captain America is as smart as Deathstroke nor can he think as fast.

This is why I think Deathstroke has the upper hand.

Yes, because Roy Harper is just the final word on things such as these. :P

I kid I kid, but anyway, yeah deathstroke is the better strategist. But as I said, Cap is easily one of the best in all of comics. He's perfectly capable of thinking on the dime as well, coming up with a plan in his head and executing it perfectly. The two are pretty close here, if they had prep it would probably be the deciding factor, but since they don't I'm confident Cap's own mental prowess can even it out.

Guest Darxeth

I kid I kid, but anyway, yeah deathstroke is the better strategist. But as I said, Cap is easily one of the best in all of comics. He's perfectly capable of thinking on the dime as well, coming up with a plan in his head and executing it perfectly. The two are pretty close here, if they had prep it would probably be the deciding factor, but since they don't I'm confident Cap's own mental prowess can even it out.

Just using an example,

I'm sure there are plenty of other references I could find but that was the first one to come to mind. :)

Idk, I just don't think Cap can think as fast as Slade. Slade is known for his fast thinking and super soldier abilities. Cap is know for his super soldier abilities and his great patriotism and leadership capabilities.

It's pretty even here, but I still think Deathstroke can win because of his superiority over Cap's thinking speed is greater than cap's superiority over him in martial arts.

That, and the fact that Deathstrokes healing factor is faster and he comes back from the dead. :P

Guest Spytheman
Just using an example,

I'm sure there are plenty of other references I could find but that was the first one to come to mind. :P

Idk, I just don't think Cap can think as fast as Slade. Slade is known for his fast thinking and super soldier abilities. Cap is know for his super soldier abilities and his great patriotism and leadership capabilities.

It's pretty even here, but I still think Deathstroke can win because of his superiority over Cap's thinking speed is greater than cap's superiority over him in martial arts.

That, and the fact that Deathstrokes healing factor is faster and he comes back from the dead. :)

I always forget he has a healing factor... caps job just got a bit harder. But he still has my vote. And I agree ith you, Cap can't think as fast as Deathstroke, but hes pretty close. And considering how there in the heat of battle, with all there energy focused on not getting punched in the face, and the fact that they know NOTHING about each other, I doubt strategic thinking will be the deciding factor.

Guest Darxeth
I always forget he has a healing factor... caps job just got a bit harder. But he still has my vote. And I agree ith you, Cap can't think as fast as Deathstroke, but hes pretty close. And considering how there in the heat of battle, with all there energy focused on not getting punched in the face, and the fact that they know NOTHING about each other, I doubt strategic thinking will be the deciding factor.

Slade can assess people; size them up. He has heightened sense of awareness, smell, and sight. He could tell that Cap is durable by the beating of his heart and the pace of his breathing. He could time his movements to a point. Know when to strike by just being on the defensive for a few seconds. And after that he could devise a plan to exploit Cap's faults. Moments seem like hours to Slade, so he wouldn't have trouble hitting Captain America. Cap on the other hand, will have a tough time hitting Deathstroke.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)

Cap wins this after a long struggle. Cap is not only better skilled, his body is constantly secreting the SS Serum into his body as to him always being peak human, Batman and others of his level will get tired and so Caps' won't as much. He is not slower speed wise, as Cap has caught up to a speeding car. (I am assuming it was at least 30-50 mph)

Skills I would say even, with an edge to Deathstroke as he might have weapons, but Cap with hsi shield is more versatile than someone with a sword or even two. His Shield is not going to break, given Cap's strength, Deathstroke won't knock it out of his hands and given the amount of force he uses to throw it, it will be able to knock him out, whether throwing it or using it as a bashing weapon.

(Final Justice anyone)?

Guest Darxeth
Cap wins this after a long struggle. Cap is not only better skilled, his body is constantly secreting the SS Serum into his body as to him always being peak human, Batman and others of his level will get tired and so Caps' won't as much. He is not slower speed wise, as Cap has caught up to a speeding car. (I am assuming it was at least 30-50 mph)

Skills I would say even, with an edge to Deathstroke as he might have weapons, but Cap with hsi shield is more versatile than someone with a sword or even two. His Shield is not going to break, given Cap's strength, Deathstroke won't knock it out of his hands and given the amount of force he uses to throw it, it will be able to knock him out, whether throwing it or using it as a bashing weapon.

(Final Justice anyone)?

Hm, when I said he was slower, I meant reflex wise. He thinks faster too. They're equal in strength and stamina, (although I read somewhere that Deathstroke could lift up to 6 tons) and Cap is slightly more trained than Deathstroke. But Deathstroke is far ahead of Cap when it comes to reaction speed.

Guest sultan

Bloody hell Ultimate Cap is a beast. I too expected 616's ultimate counterpart to be a tad bit better than him, but this? Wow. So I'm guessing Cap wasn't given a serum to make him the peak of human ability, but was given a serum to make him a superhero... right? Cos if this is considered the peak of human ability...

Bloody hell Ultimate Cap is a beast. I too expected 616's ultimate counterpart to be a tad bit better than him, but this? Wow. So I'm guessing Cap wasn't given a serum to make him the peak of human ability, but was given a serum to make him a superhero... right? Cos if this is considered the peak of human ability...

Pretty much.

Guest MarvelFan15

Actually, Ultimate Cap's only superior in the stats department. 616 Cap has actually accomplish feats equivalent to or surpassing Ultimate Cap's, and has a much greater repertoire of feats when it comes to showing off his prowess in combat.

EDIT: As to the fight itself...I have no idea on what the outcome would be. I've heard much of Deathstroke's fantastic fighting abilities, though not enough personal first hand recounts of his exploits and what he is overall capable of. I'm not sure.

Guest xman4life

IMO Cap takes it. Side note Cap and Nick both said Cyclops is the best tactician in Marvel.

Actually, Ultimate Cap's only superior in the stats department. 616 Cap has actually accomplish feats equivalent to or surpassing Ultimate Cap's, and has a much greater repertoire of feats when it comes to showing off his prowess in combat.

EDIT: As to the fight itself...I have no idea on what the outcome would be. I've heard much of Deathstroke's fantastic fighting abilities, though not enough personal first hand recounts of his exploits and what he is overall capable of. I'm not sure.

Feats shouldn't be relied on too heavily. 616 Cap has more feats because he's in more comics, and because Marvel have been playing him up as a super hero since the '60s. If we look at the stuff Marvel's stated about the two, it can be seen that 616 Cap is peak human in most aspects, and metahuman in speed and reflexes, while Ultimate Cap is metahuman in pretty much every regard.