Dr. Facilier: 1

Lilandra Neramani vs. Agent L
MATCH SCORE
Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Plotting Your Matches

Guest MarvelFan15

Guest MarvelFan15

When it comes to CBUB set-ups, I usually rely on spontaneity. Most of my matches have come about simply by typing out whatever comes to mind after the characters are chosen. For some set-ups, I usually hit a stumbling block, or grow lazy, and quit writing that particular set-up for awhile, and during the interim between when I stop and start up again is when I'll formulate ideas for the story, and further the plot, and it usually means I'll be more impressed with the final result.

During my writing, I usually type out (part of) the basic draft, and then review it for spelling errors. A brief time later, I'll go over it again, and flesh out some paragraphs that relate to the back-story, and add some descriptive words here and there, and take the time to mull over the dialogue.

Recently, I've tried to write down a plot beforehand, with a separate section for character descriptions (including their own relationships with other characters). So far...It hasn't worked out as well as I'd hoped due to my overbearing laziness.

Anyway, the main question of this topic: How do you plan out and create your matches (from the very beginning, to the writing process)?

I just have an idea and wing it as I go along.

Heh. That's pretty much the same thing I do. Although, for really long set-ups, I usually can't type it all in one sitting. I do a part here, a part there, and then when it's finished I read the whole thing back to myself, while checking for any grammatical errors I can find. And if everything checks out, it gets posted.

I used to be able to just pick two characters and write a short story linking them together. That's when the CBUB was vibrant with users. I looked forward to writing matches.

Nowadays, I actually get way better ideas than before. I just lack the time or motivation to flesh them out.

MARVANOTE: Oh, and I usually see the story in my head first. I also say what I'm writing sometimes.

I usually tend to go for characters that I have extensive or some fair knowledge about. But I also try and work out how these two characters would in particularly meet in some convenient fashion for them as well. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not. It usually would depend on the area where they are in, or who they are up against.

It also sometimes takes me 2 to 3 days to write something up.

-Rakai'Thwei

If I have an arc I will have a vague plan and maybe a one-liner (occassionaly a song) written already.

Otherwise I try and find to characters who either could have motivation to fight and find a way to even it or two evenly matched characters and find a way to put them at each others throats.

Guest Jason Voorhees fan

I basically act out my set-ups and write after I'm done if I forget what the part was I act it out once more.

Guest MarvelFan15
I basically act out my set-ups and write after I'm done if I forget what the part was I act it out once more.

You role play your own set-ups? -_-

I write down matchups that I think will be good. Throughtout the day or days or weeks, I'll think it over and start to come with how to get them at eachothers throats. I always try to keep my set ups as short as I can. Writting them is easy once I have the idea. It just flows.

In the case of recaps, I visualize how the fights go and sometimes choreograph them to the best of my abilities. Sometimes I go by the votes, sometimes I go by the comments. It depends on how I usually feel how a certain fight would go. But when actually detailing and recapping a fight goes, I sometimes draw inspiration from other sources and do my best to choreograph or re-enact some things.

-Rakai'Thwei

This is generally true of everything I write:

I'll start out with a basic concept and then alter the underlying concept until it's something really interesting and entertaining. After that, I'll work on building up the details. You know, branching out that foundation concept so that the complexity of the story grows. Then I get distracted by something shiny and I never end up writing anything anyways. Finally I procrastinate for years without end and forget I was writing anything at all.

My method's pretty interesting, I'll take the characters bring them all into a set up, and try to mesh the loose ends in nicely.

Doesn't always work, but it gives a somewhat better excuse for crossovers.

However my writng process, consist of a lot of effort.

You role play your own set-ups? -_-

I'll admit, I find it a little peculiar myself, but hang around these guys long enough and you realize they're really into this RP thing. So, I'm not all that surprised.

My method's pretty interesting, I'll take the characters bring them all into a set up, and try to mesh the loose ends in nicely.

Doesn't always work, but it gives a somewhat better excuse for crossovers.

However my writng process, consist of a lot of effort.

Honestly, your method isn't as interesting as you lead me to believe. *shrugs* False advertisement!

I've used many methods to write set ups, depending on how invested I am in the concept. Primarily, it's these few:

a. Off the top of my head, almost always a few minutes of writing. Majority is this.

b. Sit down and type a story, then break the story into chunks I can make CBUB fights out of.