Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Devil May Cry World RP

Guest tomisntblue

Guest tomisntblue
OOC: K Sorry I killed Null.

Why are you sorry? He was an enemy. True, there was room for him to become an ally, but still.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Djgambrell
Why are you sorry? He was an enemy. True, there was room for him to become an ally, but still.

I didn't want him to die but I couldn't think of a way to stop him.

Guest Djgambrell
You could have tried using your words.

I thought if I talked it would be in real time and you would take the opportunity to attack me.

Guest tomisntblue
I thought if I talked it would be in real time and you would take the opportunity to attack me.

There's always room to talk. Refer to the conversation about Kevin getting a dragon to join our team to understand the power of words.

Guest KevinDWolf93
There's always room to talk. Refer to the conversation about Kevin getting a dragon to join our team to understand the power of words.

Hehe, Ill never live that one down, will I ^_^?

ANyways Tom does have some good points, but like he said as well, you didnt make any wrong decision. It was IC to go forward with the fight and thats what happened. You tried to talk to him a bit in the beginning, but the thing about words is ya gotta hang in there for a bit sometimes and he clearly wasnt open to the idea that early in the battle. Ya abandoned the idea by that point, which isnt a problem per se. As for worrying about juggling combat and conversation, talking is a free action :lol:. Using the dragon example, I held out(doing and recieving damage all the while) for several pages before my ally did something that allowed me to work my magic properly. It sure as hell wasnt easy. Was it dumb, risky, and likely to have backfired...hell yeah, but in the end the net gainw as worth it. Would anyone else have made that risk, probably not which is fine too.(THough we wouldntve gotten a badass dragon if I hadnt :D)

As for taking an opportunity to attack, well maybe, but again with my example, I was still able to keep up fighting as I talked. In your scenario you guys kept the fight pretty clsoe quarters, so maybe it wouldve been more difficult or it might not have, thats the fun of RPing. Though if ya wanna use words in the future theres four helpful things to have: knowing what to say, when and how to say it, and a good deal of luck.

(A less extreme example would be getting past the door man with minimal problem doorman...at leasst I hope it worked out that way: Corbin knew what to say, how to act while he said it and all the while staying both IC and in the perfect place to do so).

Now then, watch me do CPR on a corpse, thisll be good.....

Guest Djgambrell
Hehe, Ill never live that one down, will I ^_^?

ANyways Tom does have some good points, but like he said as well, you didnt make any wrong decision. It was IC to go forward with the fight and thats what happened. You tried to talk to him a bit in the beginning, but the thing about words is ya gotta hang in there for a bit sometimes and he clearly wasnt open to the idea that early in the battle. Ya abandoned the idea by that point, which isnt a problem per se. As for worrying about juggling combat and conversation, talking is a free action :lol:. Using the dragon example, I held out(doing and recieving damage all the while) for several pages before my ally did something that allowed me to work my magic properly. It sure as hell wasnt easy. Was it dumb, risky, and likely to have backfired...hell yeah, but in the end the net gainw as worth it. Would anyone else have made that risk, probably not which is fine too.(THough we wouldntve gotten a badass dragon if I hadnt :D)

As for taking an opportunity to attack, well maybe, but again with my example, I was still able to keep up fighting as I talked. In your scenario you guys kept the fight pretty clsoe quarters, so maybe it wouldve been more difficult or it might not have, thats the fun of RPing. Though if ya wanna use words in the future theres four helpful things to have: knowing what to say, when and how to say it, and a good deal of luck.

(A less extreme example would be getting past the door man with minimal problem doorman...at leasst I hope it worked out that way: Corbin knew what to say, how to act while he said it and all the while staying both IC and in the perfect place to do so).

Now then, watch me do CPR on a corpse, thisll be good.....

Damn. I really liked Null too.

DJedit: BTW really long explanation.

Guest KevinDWolf93
Damn. I really liked Null too.

DJedit: BTW really long explanation.

Then ya shouldntve stabbed him alot :D

KWolf edit: Yeah, its one of those things that your supposed to take something away from......Im guessing it didnt work.

Guest Djgambrell
Then ya shouldntve stabbed him alot :D

KWolf edit: Yeah, its one of those things that your supposed to take something away from......Im guessing it didnt work.

It worked. PROFOUND SADNESS. I'll remember this. And I didn't think stabbing would work. I actually expected him to survive.

Guest tomisntblue
It worked. PROFOUND SADNESS. I'll remember this. And I didn't think stabbing would work. I actually expected him to survive.

Null was a demon who worked very similar to a zombie. He felt no pain, but his body didn't heal. But it didn't slow him down. The only was to actually kill him would be to destroy his brain. Had you cut his head off, he would have been a very honerable demon head. The difference with Null and a zombie however is that Null retained all his intelligence and skills so he had a good idea of how to use his strengths and weaknesses.

But, that aside, it's all good that you killed him. It's what he wanted anyway. See, Null was a human at one point. He was very honorable but came from a village that was under constant attack. He sold his soul to a demon in exchange to become a warrior immune to pain. He was basically cursed from that point on with immortality and could only be killed in combat.

Guest Djgambrell
Null was a demon who worked very similar to a zombie. He felt no pain, but his body didn't heal. But it didn't slow him down. The only was to actually kill him would be to destroy his brain. Had you cut his head off, he would have been a very honerable demon head. The difference with Null and a zombie however is that Null retained all his intelligence and skills so he had a good idea of how to use his strengths and weaknesses.

But, that aside, it's all good that you killed him. It's what he wanted anyway. See, Null was a human at one point. He was very honorable but came from a village that was under constant attack. He sold his soul to a demon in exchange to become a warrior immune to pain. He was basically cursed from that point on with immortality and could only be killed in combat.

That... actually made me feel better.

Guest Djgambrell
Upon consideration I've decided that there is a chance to bring Null back... just, a very remote chance.

Kevin and I will do whatever we can. Any hints?

Guest tomisntblue
Kevin and I will do whatever we can. Any hints?

You killed him by cutting him in half, and the only way to kill him was by destroying his brain.

Guest Djgambrell
You killed him by cutting him in half, and the only way to kill him was by destroying his brain.

So... put him back together?

Guest tomisntblue
So... put him back together?

You got it in one. Just remember, his body cannot heal on it's own. And you have to do it before his soul leaves his body.

Guest Djgambrell
You got it in one. Just remember, his body cannot heal on it's own. And you have to do it before his soul leaves his body.

I'm... kind of asleep.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Ok, dont start that timer yet, Tom :D. I am curious, of the damage report that did prove 'fatal'. Cause when I read it, cut in half wasnt the first thing on my mind.

Guest Djgambrell
Ok, dont start that timer yet, Tom :D. I am curious, of the damage report that did prove 'fatal'. Cause when I read it, cut in half wasnt the first thing on my mind.

Dammit Kevin if this doesn't work your soul is mine.

Guest tomisntblue

I was going by DJ's OOC comment that if the sword grew to full length than it would cut Null in half. So, unless DJ does some re-figuring and finds that the sword would have actually left his brain untouched *hint* then he's in half. If he does end up coming to the conclusion that it wouldn't be enough, than Null's alive.

Guest Djgambrell
I was going by DJ's OOC comment that if the sword grew to full length than it would cut Null in half. So, unless DJ does some re-figuring and finds that the sword would have actually left his brain untouched *hint* then he's in half. If he does end up coming to the conclusion that it wouldn't be enough, than Null's alive.

Left side of the chest. It extended width wise and cut off his arm down to his pelvis. Effectively splitting him nearly in half but it did not cut his brain or spinal column.

Guest tomisntblue
Left side of the chest. It extended width wise and cut off his arm down to his pelvis. Effectively splitting him nearly in half but it did not cut his brain or spinal column.

Ah, okay then. So it looks like there's no need for revival... allow me to add something real quick.

Guest Djgambrell
Ah, okay then. So it looks like there's no need for revival... allow me to add something real quick.

Crap that means I lost.

Guest tomisntblue
Crap that means I lost.

No, Kevin stopped the match before a winner we decided. Remember, the rule here is fights only end when one fighter dies.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Well that makes my job easier...well IC it does, OOC, I have to return a great wall of text :D

@DJ: Wow, thats what yer worried about......well, I hope he buys that bullcrap, Corbin fed him.