2) Eli "Corbin" Taylor

Angels

1) Samuel "Sammy" Tigerson

2) Dylan Stryker

Bridge

1) Jimmy BloodFang

2) Meigui laohu

SIGN-UPS ARE OPEN

10 spots available. At least 3 spots must be human.

1) Tomisntblue (me) > Victoria Sparda (Hybrid) - Approved

2) KevinDWolf93 > Eli "Corbin" Taylor (Hybrid) - Approved

3) Jason Voorhees Fan > Dylan Stryker (Hybrid) - Approved

4) hamtaroblazex > Meigui laohu (Hybrid) - Approved

5) djgambrell28 > Nicholi D. Trake (Hybrid) - Approved

6) The Blue Flame > Emma Fox (Human) - Approved

7) skykorean > Jimmy BloodFang (Enhanced Human) - Approved

8) OMFGComics > Samuel "Sammy" Tigerson (Human) Approved

9)

10)

All characters found here

Devil May Cry World RP Story Overview:

20 years ago, a group known as the Order of the Sword had attempted to remake the world in the name of their savior, Sparda. To do so they began experimenting by summoning demons into this world through artificial Hellgates. The combined effort of Dante and Nero stopped the Order and destroyed the Hellgates. But they could not defeat every demon that had been summoned.

Before long, the demons who survived in this world spread out. Soon, as the demons multiplied and more crossed over into our world, it became obvious that in order to combat this threat that demon hunters could no longer work alone. Slowly, more and more demon hunters began to seek out the help of Dante and band together to expand the small Devil May Cry shop to a massive organization. Still however, despite their growth, they have managed to keep their work relatively secret.

For a time, this worked for them. They went where they were needed, and word of mouth kept them in business. That was however, before the problem became to be to be kept secret. A mysterious organization emerged, call the Rain Corporation. They promised to eradicate any and all demons in order to make mankind the dominate species once again. Rain full government support, but their mysterious leader has his own motives.

And while Devil May Cry Inc struggles to battle the demon threat, they are forced to compete against the power Rain Organization, as well as the Order of the Sword which has resurfaced under the command of a new god.

You are a member of Devil May Cry Inc. It is your job to, along with your partners, battle demonic and supernatural threats to the world. It is important to know that we work in secret, as the Rain Corporation has gone to great lengths to paint us as evil for working with demons. Anyone working for Devil May Cry Inc. is treated as a fugitive and by law will be turned over to the Rain Corporation. So remember, as you are on your missions, it imperative that you practice digression.

Game Play:

General Role Play rules apply:

1) No Godmoding

2) No Called hits

3) Only control your character, and those you have permission to control

4) Play nice

5) NO EVERY MOVE DISPUTE NEEDS TO GO TO THE GM

6) Have fun or GTFO

Other than that, this will function more or less like the usual RP, with two differences:

1) This Role Play will focus heavily on the choices your characters make. And I don't just mean the obvious "pick the right move or you'll lose the fight" or "which vial contains the antidote and which vial contains acid," but everything your character does, thinks, and says will affect the game to some extent. More precisely it will affect your character's alignment. If you play your character as a heartless jerk the entire game, then he can and will switch sides. Of course this change can be intentional, but this can also happen by mistake. I will warn you via PMs if your coming close to changing sides.

2) Missions will be timed. This will not be and exact "You have 3 days to finish the mission". But if a mission is taking too long, there will be penalties. An example of this would be, if you are on a mission to retrieve an artifact before the villains can get their hands on it, and the mission takes too long, the villains will obtain the artifact.

The story will be divided into three parts. Each part will be its own, full length role play. The length of each part will be largely up to how active the RP is, but don't expect them to be quick stories. After each part, there will be a slight break in order for me to work the events into the next part. Also, during that time, signups will be reopened, giving new people the chance to join as well as current players the chance to return.

Part 1: Facing a God

The Order of the Sword is up to their old game; capturing them, stealing devil arms, and collecting other items of power. Their goal is unknown, but given their past history, it's safe to assume they're up to no good.

Rain is doing little to stop them. The Rain Corporation, and by extension must of the public, see the Order of the Sword as allies. Only those who work at Devil May Cry Inc. know the history behind the Order. It is the mission of Devil May Cry inc. to find out and prevent whatever it is that the Order is planning, and if possible discover a link between Rain and the Order.

I'm not sure how much more of the story I'll revile at this time

When creating your character keep in mind that your class will determine the number of weapons and abilities you get

Demons: 1 weapon, 4 abilities

Hybrids: 2 weapons, 3 abilities

Humans: 5 weapons + 3 Non-Combat Equipment Items

Enhanced Human: 4 weapons, 1 ability OR 3 weapons, 2 abilities

The stats guide can be found here

Name: Victoria Sparda

Class: Hybrid

Bio: Victoria, the result of a single night of fun and daughter of Dante and Lady, was born shortly before the Order of the Sword surfaced the first time. Not long after Dante, along with Nero, brought down the order, Dante disappeared.

When he returned, there was a promise he had to fulfill. He left through a dimensional rift to rule over ancient Persia, and Lady followed him. However, they decided to leave their daughter. As much as it pained them, they felt it was best she was raised in her own time. And she could do much more for their world than this new world they were going to.

And so Victoria was raised by Nero and Kyrie. Trish even took her under her wing, and she was trained to be a powerful demon hunter. This was her family, though she heard stories of her parents and longed to meet them. During this time, the small Devil May Cry shop had turned into Devil May Cry Inc.

A year ago, Dante and Lady returned, and for Victoria adjusting has been hard.

Appearance:

Human Form

Female_Dante_in_Guggenheim_by_Core_Ray.jpg

Devil Trigger

Devil_Trigger_Release_by_Seig_Verdelet.jpg

Weapons:

1) Blood & Tear: Guns with infinite ammo, firing demonic bullets. They function like her father's Ebony and Ivory, but can be charged like Nero's Blue Rose.

2) Tranquility: A specialized sword, with a handle resembling a gun. The trigger can be pulled to fire demonic energy in the form of a wave (pull trigger and slash with sword) or a spear-like blast (pull trigger normally/stabbing)

Abilities:

1) Healing Factor: Slightly less effective than her father's

2) Air Trick: A burst of Super Speed movement that allows Victoria to seem like she's teleporting.

3) Royal Guard: Ability to throw up a shield of demonic energy able to absorb enemy attacks. She can store, build, and release this energy.

Stats:

Strength: 5 (Super Human)

Speed: 4 (Enhanced)

Skill: 5 (Master)

Intelligence: 2 (Average)

Stamina: 5 (Super Human)

Durability: 2 (Enhanced)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tomisntblue

Villain Sign Up (optional)

One of the draws backs of GMing an rp and having a character is that you fighting bosses and other bad guys just isn't as fun. So, for the sake of taking some responsibly off of myself and so I can join in more of the fun, I'm opening Villain Sign Ups. This is completely optional, no one has to do it. Anyone can sign on as a villain, weather you have a character or not. For now, I'm using the same format as the regular sign up sheet. I'm thinking of making some alterations to the stats system for villains, to allow them to be a bit stronger. You can also join as an established villain from DMC.

If you sign up as a villain, you won't play him until I call him in and only during battles I call him in for. Yes, it's possible the character will be around for more than one battle. It requires you to survive the battle, and me to still I have a use for the villain. Go ahead and sign up as a villain for any team, or a solo villain. Just know, your character's more likely to get used if he's on team that the current part is focusing on.

DO NOT POST VILLAINS HERE, PM me any villain ideas you have.

Guest Djgambrell
Sweet, already got 2. And I think I have an idea of a few others who'd like to play this.

Oh, another thing I'd like to mention; if you haven't played Devil May Cry, don't let that stop you from signing up. There's not going to be much prior knowledge of Devil May Cry required to play.

THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD BE STONED!!!

Guest tomisntblue
I was considering making one of these, I have no smarts for DMC though.

Would you recommend me reading through the Wiki?

Like I said, you won't need to know much about Devil May Cry for this RP. But, if you want to be more informed read up on the plots for the games, specifically the forth game. Maybe read about the demons (this isn't about specific demons mind you, just demons as a species). I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

THOSE PEOPLE SHOULD BE STONED!!!

Why do you want to give them drugs? That sounds like a reward.

Note: I don't condone drug use.

Guest tomisntblue
I've only seen playthroughs but It looks good.

Like I said, no knowledge required. If someone had never heard of Devil May Cry, they'd be able to join and should do just fine.

Guest hamtaroblazex

Ooo, this sounds like fun. I'm sure it be awesome. With the OC: stuff...would there be classes/jobs i.e. Human/Hunter/Demon? Or we would just make that for ourselves?

Guest tomisntblue
Ooo, this sounds like fun. I'm sure it be awesome. With the OC: stuff...would there be classes/jobs i.e. Human/Hunter/Demon? Or we would just make that for ourselves?

I'm still coming up with a system for that. I know for sure I will allow you to be either Human, Demon, or a Hybrid. Beyond that, nothing is decided.

Which reminds me. I'm perfectly open to suggestions at this point.

Guest Djgambrell
I'm still coming up with a system for that. I know for sure I will allow you to be either Human, Demon, or a Hybrid. Beyond that, nothing is decided.

What makes you worthy? Hmmm?

Guest Djgambrell
Huh? What makes me worthy of what? I'm pretty sure the answer is, "I'm creating the RP"

But why are you worthy of creating this RP? What do you really know of Devil May Cry?

Guest tomisntblue
But why are you worthy of creating this RP? What do you really know of Devil May Cry?

Well, the answer only really needs to be as simple as, I came up with the idea.

Anyway, I'll bite. I played through all the games at least once. I played 3 and 4 so much I lost track of how many times. I've watched the anime all the way through a few times also. I read the manga. I haven't read the novels however. As far as general knowledge goes, well I could list all the things I know about Devil May Cry, but that would take a long ass time. So I'll leave it at, I know everything someone would know who has followed all the games, the manga, and the anime.

But beyond all that, what really makes me worthy, is my RP skills - specifically my skills playing as Dante, Nero, Vergil, and Lady. Also, my skills as a writer. For proof, go to the archives and look up Dante vs. Kenpachi Zaraki, Dante vs. Rashek the Lord Ruler, Vergil vs. Nero (Devil May Cry), Nero (Devil May Cry) vs. God of War Krato, Dante vs. The Dahaka, Dante vs. Might Guy (Naruto), Tenten and Neji Hyuuga vs. Dante, Dante vs. Asuma Sarutobi, Dante vs. Kakashi Hatake, Haruno Sakura and Tsunade vs. Dante, Dante vs. Naruto Uzumaki, Dante vs. Kisame Hoshigaki, Lady vs. The Punisher, Dante vs. Sasori.

Guest tomisntblue

Wait, two more that should be on that list. Dante vs. Bayonetta, Dante and The Prince and God of War Kratos vs. Toguro and Deadpool and The Hulk

Guest Djgambrell

Anyway, I'll bite. I played through all the games at least once. I played 3 and 4 so much I lost track of how many times. I've watched the anime all the way through a few times also. I read the manga. I haven't read the novels however. As far as general knowledge goes, well I could list all the things I know about Devil May Cry, but that would take a long ass time. So I'll leave it at, I know everything someone would know who has followed all the games, the manga, and the anime.

But beyond all that, what really makes me worthy, is my RP skills - specifically my skills playing as Dante, Nero, Vergil, and Lady. Also, my skills as a writer. For proof, go to the archives and look up Dante vs. Kenpachi Zaraki, Dante vs. Rashek the Lord Ruler, Vergil vs. Nero (Devil May Cry), Nero (Devil May Cry) vs. God of War Krato, Dante vs. The Dahaka, Dante vs. Might Guy (Naruto), Tenten and Neji Hyuuga vs. Dante, Dante vs. Asuma Sarutobi, Dante vs. Kakashi Hatake, Haruno Sakura and Tsunade vs. Dante, Dante vs. Naruto Uzumaki, Dante vs. Kisame Hoshigaki, Lady vs. The Punisher, Dante vs. Sasori.

128993438652994526.jpg

Guest KevinDWolf93

Which reminds me. I'm perfectly open to suggestions at this point.

and thats what I wanted to hear. Im in.

@DJ: Trust me, with all these creation of RPs with a month lifespan, if theres anyone Id trust to make an RP about somethin they like...he's maybe 5 or so down. Has faith. He is KWolf approved!

100% Hugo Fowl approved.

Well I know some stuff about tom and know when it comes to Devil May Cry he is the best (I know).

I hope I can join if I am allowed (after certain thing I have done..yeah)

Guest tomisntblue
Well I know some stuff about tom and know when it comes to Devil May Cry he is the best (I know).

I hope I can join if I am allowed (after certain thing I have done..yeah)

There's no reason you wouldn't be allowed to join.

There's no reason you wouldn't be allowed to join.

Ok then I will join and most likely be human ^_^.

Guest sirmethos
@DJ: Trust me, with all these creation of RPs with a month lifespan, if theres anyone Id trust to make an RP about somethin they like...he's maybe 5 or so down. Has faith. He is KWolf approved!

100% Hugo Fowl approved.

For creating a DMC rp, after seeing Vergil in UWT 3, and reading up on the first two, seeing Dante.

Methos Approved as well, whatever that's worth.

Tentatively interested.

I, unfortunately, tend to lose interest in things quickly(ADD), but for now I'm interested in this. Sounds like an interesting rp.

For creating a DMC rp, after seeing Vergil in UWT 3, and reading up on the first two, seeing Dante.

Methos Approved as well, whatever that's worth.

Tentatively interested.

I, unfortunately, tend to lose interest in things quickly(ADD), but for now I'm interested in this. Sounds like an interesting rp.

OMG I HAVE ADD TO!!! ADHD to be exact but WERE THE SAME!!!