Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Match 20552 Vindicator vs. Magik (Illyana Rasputin)

THE XAVIER INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PART 3

TEAMS AND SET-UP

image.jpeg.663e6812b9fb634c83914c07b7f593d7.jpeg

The Alpha Flight team of Guardian, Sasquatch, Northstar, Snowbird, and Shaman mingled around the Blackbird hangar waiting for their names to be called in Xavier and Magneto’s impromptu tournament. The team of Canadian superheroes were both annoyed and excited by their invitation.

GUARDIAN: I had thought there might be some emergency for Xavier to call out to us like this. To think it would just be an offer for competitive sparring. Part of me feels like we should just reject this and go home on principle.

NORTHSTAR: I am fairly enthusiastic about the whole situation. I feel like we can really show off what we can do to these other groups. Although, it does feel strange being here without my sister.

SNOWBIRD: I too miss Aurora’s presence.

SASQUATCH: I imagine Puck will feel pretty salty about not being invited as well.

GUARDIAN: Why this specific group of five of us was chosen may soon become apparent. In the meantime, I will try to follow in Northstar’s enthusiasm in representing the best that Canada has to offer in this event.

A 7-foot-tall muscular woman with metallic golden skin and golden hair approached the group with a smile on her face.

LIFEGUARD: Welcome Alpha Flight. My name is Heather Cameron, but you may also call me Lifeguard. I am working with Professor Xavier for this tournament and have been instructed to bring you to the Danger Room. Your first teammate is scheduled for action next.

Shaman greeted Heather with some familiarity that Snowbird took notice of. She and the other members of Alpha Flight followed them to the Danger Room. Sasquatch was particularly curious about Lifeguard’s physique.

SASQUATCH: Is your mutation similar to that of Colossus’s.

LIFEGUARD: Not really. My body has reactive metamorphosis. It will morph and change to best help anyone in danger.

SASQUATCH: Meaning?

LIFEGUARD: If I have to grow wings to fly someone to safety, my body will grow wings. My  skin also makes me invulnerable to many dangers as well. 

SASQUATCH: Fascinating.

LIFEGUARD: It’s one of the main reasons the Professor asked me to help. He liked the idea of having someone nearby to step in and save someone should the need arise. You know, if things get too rough. Which I must say is more of a concern with some participants more than others.

Alpha Flight arrived at the entrance of the Danger Room and saw the first group that one of their members would square off against, the New Mutants. The team consisted of Cannonball, Sunspot, Magik, Magma, and Dani Moonstar. Yet, there was someone else there that caught Alpha Flight by even more surprise.

GUARDIAN: Heather?

Standing on the opposite end of the new mutants was Guardian’s wife, Heather Hudson, in her Vindicator costume.

VINDICATOR: Hey everyone.

GUARDIAN: What’s going on?

LIFEGUARD: A little surprise addition. You see, originally the Professor and Magneto had Shaman scheduled to participate in this first fight, but once I read up on his abilities I pleaded with Xavier to let me ask him to join me in helping any potentially injured combatants. His pocket dimension medicine bag would be so useful and so I reached out to him.

Shaman smiled at Lifeguard.

LIFEGUARD: Magneto agreed on the condition I find an even better replacement. Which is when my former teammate, Sage, stepped in and we were able to find the perfect replacement. We flew this Heather out here on short notice after she graciously agreed.

VINDICATOR: I can’t wait.

GUARDIAN: What makes you the perfect replacement?

A green hologram of Magneto appeared above them.

MAGNETO: She is to face Magik, Illyana Rasputin. Illyana versus Shaman would have been a battle of Shaman’s earthly sorcery against Illyana’s Limbo magic. However, Vindicator with her suit brings in a fascinating science versus magic dynamic. Also, to add further intrigue into the fight, Vindicator was given her mystical sword, Scell, from her Nemesis incarnation, granting her the ability to teleport and superhuman durability on top of the abilities given to her by the suit. How her mystical sword will fare against Illyana’s Soul Sword is something I can’t wait to see.

Magik smirked.

MAGIK: My curiosity is piqued.

CANNONBALL:  Illyana, just remember when you are in there that at the end of the day we are all still on the same side.

MAGIK: You don’t have to worry about me, I know I’m not going against some interdimensional demon just some government hero from Canada.

VINDICATOR: Charming.

MAGNETO: Magik, Vindicator, step forward, and may the better warrior win.

Hmm don't know much about Vindicator. Always thought of her as simply female Guardian. Was surprised she wasn't already in the database.

Have to look up what this sword is Vindicator has is all about. I might make me change my mind and lean toward Magik.

On 4/29/2024 at 8:25 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Hmm don't know much about Vindicator. Always thought of her as simply female Guardian.

For all intents and purposes, she basically is.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - Pizza Guy
5.00 - Boratz
4.50 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.00 Total Combined Score
14.00 / 3 = 4.67 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 1
Magik (Illyana Rasputin): 2