Slot: The Team's Hunter
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Rev-9 at Wikipedia
Official Site: Skydance Media

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: Not My Season

Fox has more than enough firepower and durability to survive against the Rev-9 till he can find a way, perhaps by using his other resources like contacts in the Cornerian Military or the Toads to figure out a way for him to reprogram it and thus convince it to abandon the hunt.

4 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Fox has more than enough firepower and durability to survive against the Rev-9 till he can find a way, perhaps by using his other resources like contacts in the Cornerian Military or the Toads to figure out a way for him to reprogram it and thus convince it to abandon the hunt.

This is a hunter that can literally take the shape and mimic anyone, as well as can hack any system and use any part of its body as a deadly blade. Fox is going to be fighting for every spare second of his life, not figuring out a way to hack the Rev back. 

The Rev-9 is taken down by a combination of a turbine and grenades. I think Fox has sufficient firepower to disable it and then can break it down for analysis and reprogramming.

4 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

The Rev-9 is taken down by a combination of a turbine and grenades. I think Fox has sufficient firepower to disable it and then can break it down for analysis and reprogramming.

It is taken down by an EMP specially designed to do it damage, and by two terminator related warriors. Puny flesh will be destroyed in seconds. 

Fox is not puny flesh

1 hour ago, Culwych1 said:

It is taken down by an EMP specially designed to do it damage, and by two terminator related warriors. Puny flesh will be destroyed in seconds. 

Fox is a one anthropomorphic mammal army. In assault he takes on the Aparoids who are basically the Borg-lite and fights his way on foot and then later ship through their homeworld, he's fought through a planet of dinosaurs, Fox is leagues above the terminator universe.

In a fight I would probably back Fox. Unfortunately this machine isn't going to be convinced or intimidated out of a hunt so he can't really win this scenario. If he could incapacitate it and hack it that would count. Pull a T2 on him. Could he go that? I don't think so

6 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

In a fight I would probably back Fox. Unfortunately this machine isn't going to be convinced or intimidated out of a hunt so he can't really win this scenario. If he could incapacitate it and hack it that would count. Pull a T2 on him. Could he go that? I don't think so

Fox can definitely incapacitate and reprogram it. He has the resources to pull it off, and as some of the Po fights in this same scenario have boiled down to, well Po could just whoop them to convince them, I don't see why Fox cannot just delete the Terminator.

2 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Fox can definitely incapacitate and reprogram it. He has the resources to pull it off, and as some of the Po fights in this same scenario have boiled down to, well Po could just whoop them to convince them, I don't see why Fox cannot just delete the Terminator.

The difference between those Po fights and this one is that Po was fighting humans or aliens that would give up after enough damage. The Terminators are mindless killing machines that don't feel fear, don't have a sense of self-preservation, and don't back down. Fox can't just beat it down because its programming won't let it give up

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The difference between those Po fights and this one is that Po was fighting humans or aliens that would give up after enough damage. The Terminators are mindless killing machines that don't feel fear, don't have a sense of self-preservation, and don't back down. Fox can't just beat it down because its programming won't let it give up

Fox just beats it till it is disabled and then can have it reprogrammed to not hunt him.

15 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Can Fox reprogram a robot? Never played Starfox as a kid, (was more of a Mario and Legend of Zelda guy) so I have no clue of Fox’s supposed reprogramming abilities.

That's a question I would like an answer to as well. I remember they had a robot on the crew in one of the Star Fox games. The one for the GameCube I think. Not the really bad one though. Assault I think?

Anyway, that's the closest I remember to Fox interacting with robots. I don't know a ton about Fox though

19 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Can Fox reprogram a robot? Never played Starfox as a kid, (was more of a Mario and Legend of Zelda guy) so I have no clue of Fox’s supposed reprogramming abilities.

Fox's Arwing and the Great Fox have advanced computers and the Great Fox has Rob-64 as the built in pilot who has displayed hacking skills in the past (Star Fox Assault (vs Oikiney) and Star Fox Command (I forget which mission)

1 hour ago, Twogunkid said:

Fox's Arwing and the Great Fox have advanced computers and the Great Fox has Rob-64 as the built in pilot who has displayed hacking skills in the past (Star Fox Assault (vs Oikiney) and Star Fox Command (I forget which mission)

There's a difference between someone sitting at a computer and doing a hack, and someone trying to hack a killing liquid metal machine able to disguise itself as your best friend which is itself an expert hacker that is actively trying to kill you. 

Whilst moving like this...

8267963-rev-9featskill(1).gif

53 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

There's a difference between someone sitting at a computer and doing a hack, and someone trying to hack a killing liquid metal machine able to disguise itself as your best friend which is itself an expert hacker that is actively trying to kill you. 

Whilst moving like this...

8267963-rev-9featskill(1).gif

That's not something Fox will be fazed by, he's taken on planets of Dinosaurs and Aparoids on foot. I think he can disable the bot and then reprogram it.

I'm thinking Fox's only avenue here is trying to hack the Rev-9. The Rev-9 may possibly hack into Fox's tech before that happens, though, and Fox would have no choice but to just fight.