Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Blurr at Wikipedia
Official Site: Hasbro

Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Twisted Metal

Hope nobody minds: 

On 1/26/2024 at 4:16 PM, Culwych1 said:

Am going to reuse some arguments here, but Blurr is the fastest autobot and the fastest fictional car according to at least one official source. Add to that the fact he is a battle hardened warrior, forged with the experience of countless battles and wars against Decepticons and others. He should take this easily.

Herbie is an undefeated race car when motivated. Further, as Blur becomes the target by being the leader and fighting other cars by blurring out of the gate and drawing fire, Herbie is much more unassuming.

EVEN IF HERBIE IS DAMAGED OR TOTALLED HE WINS RACES. He has finished races when cut in half both vertically and horizontially. His engine block has been destroyed and he overtook another car despite that. Herbie is way too tough to actually lose this and if motivated to win, he does even if other cars by specs should be faster. Herbie has beaten NASCAR vehicles despite them being forty years newer, built to go faster, lighter, and he was being driven by Lindsey Lohan. Twisted Metal has nothing to stop the Love Bug.

41 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Herbie is an undefeated race car when motivated. Further, as Blur becomes the target by being the leader and fighting other cars by blurring out of the gate and drawing fire, Herbie is much more unassuming.

EVEN IF HERBIE IS DAMAGED OR TOTALLED HE WINS RACES. He has finished races when cut in half both vertically and horizontially. His engine block has been destroyed and he overtook another car despite that. Herbie is way too tough to actually lose this and if motivated to win, he does even if other cars by specs should be faster. Herbie has beaten NASCAR vehicles despite them being forty years newer, built to go faster, lighter, and he was being driven by Lindsey Lohan. Twisted Metal has nothing to stop the Love Bug.

Sadly Herbie is an easy target here, and Blurr will be looping back around as a victor and passing him again by the time Lindsey even figures out she definitely doesn't want an ice cream from the nice ice cream man. 

Herbie may take the hits

Just now, Culwych1 said:

Sadly Herbie is an easy target here, and Blurr will be looping back around as a victor and passing him again by the time Lindsey even figures out she definitely doesn't want an ice cream from the nice ice cream man. 

but.... he wins despite being destroyed on multiple ocassions in one his engine block is cut in half. In the other one half has no engine and still travels on its own power. Herbie cannot be stopped.

2 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Herbie may take the hits

but.... he wins despite being destroyed on multiple ocassions in one his engine block is cut in half. In the other one half has no engine and still travels on its own power. Herbie cannot be stopped.

He may win in his own films, but that isn't happening here. His top speed must be around 100 mph? Blurr's is 800 with a high level of manouverability, and he's packing a level of armor and a whole arsenal of firepower that puts most of the Twisted Metal competitors to shame. 

4 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

He may win in his own films, but that isn't happening here. His top speed must be around 100 mph? Blurr's is 800 with a high level of manouverability, and he's packing a level of armor and a whole arsenal of firepower that puts most of the Twisted Metal competitors to shame. 

Herbie has beaten NASCAR vehicles in a race in that same race he drove on walls, he's been a submarine, he's surfed, and Herbie repeatedly is underestimated. Herbie when motivated can do impossible things and beat cars a 67 Beetle should have no chance against. Herbie is out to win a race, and by gum that is what he will do.

He can't be stopped by totalling him and his performance seems to be tied to the sentient car's motivation not it's engine as it has shown by operating without an engine, by working in the water without any built in hydro based propulsion system. Herbie is out to prove he is the best sentient car and Blur is just going to join the list of other sentient cars Herbie has bested. Herbie has come back from days behind in cross national races and still won. I think Herbie has got this.

28 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Herbie has beaten NASCAR vehicles in a race in that same race he drove on walls, he's been a submarine, he's surfed, and Herbie repeatedly is underestimated. Herbie when motivated can do impossible things and beat cars a 67 Beetle should have no chance against. Herbie is out to win a race, and by gum that is what he will do.

He can't be stopped by totalling him and his performance seems to be tied to the sentient car's motivation not it's engine as it has shown by operating without an engine, by working in the water without any built in hydro based propulsion system. Herbie is out to prove he is the best sentient car and Blur is just going to join the list of other sentient cars Herbie has bested. Herbie has come back from days behind in cross national races and still won. I think Herbie has got this.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one I reckon. Herbie may have won some races, but he's never faced anything like the all out warfar the Autobots have. If we look at every single measure, whether it is speed, durability, experience, armour, maneuverability, or firepower then Blurr takes this in a landslide. 

5 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one I reckon. Herbie may have won some races, but he's never faced anything like the all out warfar the Autobots have. If we look at every single measure, whether it is speed, durability, experience, armour, maneuverability, or firepower then Blurr takes this in a landslide. 

Firepower and experience? Sure.

Durability? I don't think so. Autobots in half do not function.

Manuverability? Herbie can drive on walls and in the water.

Speed is definitely one where the measures can disagree, but Herbie's specs do not showcase his true power there.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:35 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Good debate. Herbie is a better competitor than I thought. But my vote still goes to Blurr.

Transformers are tough to argue against, but I think I have made  a case that Herbie can win this.

36 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Funny part is none of the Transformers have gone against each other. It's a trip.

Our final four in this category are two sentient race cars and two transformers.

Well, in a straight race Herbie may have a better chance, though I don't see him pulling out supersonic speeds like Blurr can. 

In a demolition-derby type setting? Not sure I'm liking Herbie's odds. 

29 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Well, in a straight race Herbie may have a better chance, though I don't see him pulling out supersonic speeds like Blurr can. 

In a demolition-derby type setting? Not sure I'm liking Herbie's odds. 

The fact that he can run while demolished counts for nothing?

6 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

The fact that he can run while demolished counts for nothing?

Well, much like Christine in another round, since Herbie won't really hurt Blurr, this would be a draw at best. 

7 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Well, much like Christine in another round, since Herbie won't really hurt Blurr, this would be a draw at best. 

Yes, but the other racers can hurt Blur while Herbie in pieces crosses the finish line

18 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

Yes, but the other racers can hurt Blur while Herbie in pieces crosses the finish line

Herbie may well cross the finish line - but definitely not before Blurr. 😁