Slot: The Team's Christmas Themed Character
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ebenezer Scrooge at Wikipedia
Official Site: Charles Dickens

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Therapy

This is where having watched Final Destination would help.

Is this death truly evil? From my reading the synopsis this seems a natural path for us all and those that cheat death end up meeting their end anyway. There is no inherent evil to the fact that life ends.

I suppose this really depends on how your interpret the challenge. If the goal is that Death has to not be evil, then Scrooge wins because death isn't evil. If the goal is that Death has to stop killing altogether, Scrooge losses because death is necessary

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I suppose this really depends on how your interpret the challenge. If the goal is that Death has to not be evil, then Scrooge wins because death isn't evil. If the goal is that Death has to stop killing altogether, Scrooge losses because death is necessary

It mentions nothing about stopping a character being evil. I suppose in the context of a horror contestant, it could mean stop making them make people afraid?

However, like was argued I think with Beetlejuice, it could mean rehabilitate them from their key traits, such as his pranks and quirky mannerisms.

Scrooge will not be able to rehabilitate Death on either of those factors (people will not stop being afraid of death, and he won't be able to get Death to stop killing).

4 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

It mentions nothing about stopping a character being evil. I suppose in the context of a horror contestant, it could mean stop making them make people afraid?

However, like was argued I think with Beetlejuice, it could mean rehabilitate them from their key traits, such as his pranks and quirky mannerisms.

Scrooge will not be able to rehabilitate Death on either of those factors (people will not stop being afraid of death, and he won't be able to get Death to stop killing).

That would be other people Scrooge would be dealing with not death in that instance. Death needs no rehabilitation for there is nothing inherently evil about death.

2 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

That would be other people Scrooge would be dealing with not death in that instance. Death needs no rehabilitation for there is nothing inherently evil about death.

I'd say this specific instance of Death is quite unique in a way, as we see it cause some quite horrific accidents to the people it gets involved with. 

There is no avoiding it, no pleading, no mercy, no reasoning, and certainly no rehabilitating it.

I'm not sure what the 1840's England equivalent is for a high speed log through the face or getting roasted alive in a sunbed, but that's gonna happen here. 

7 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I'd say this specific instance of Death is quite unique in a way, as we see it cause some quite horrific accidents to the people it gets involved with. 

There is no avoiding it, no pleading, no mercy, no reasoning, and certainly no rehabilitating it.

I'm not sure what the 1840's England equivalent is for a high speed log through the face or getting roasted alive in a sunbed, but that's gonna happen here. 

People die in horrific ways, but is that Death's fault? I know I'm getting more philosophical here, but the hubris of avoiding one's death would naturally lead to a more unpleasant end in a Greek Tragedy sort of way. "Pale death beats equally at the poor man's gates and the palaces of kings."

Indeed people cheating death by seeking more of time than their lot have invited this punishment by defying the natural order. In that regard you are right, there is no need to rehabilitate death. It is already doing what needs to be done.

9 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

People die in horrific ways, but is that Death's fault? I know I'm getting more philosophical here, but the hubris of avoiding one's death would naturally lead to a more unpleasant end in a Greek Tragedy sort of way. "Pale death beats equally at the poor man's gates and the palaces of kings."

Indeed people cheating death by seeking more of time than their lot have invited this punishment by defying the natural order. In that regard you are right, there is no need to rehabilitate death. It is already doing what needs to be done.

Yes it's Deaths doing. In the books and comics Death actually appears to the people letting them know he's coming for them. 

By your second argument then we could argue that no horror character ever needs to be rehabilitated as philosophically they are indeed bringing death in their own way at the natural time...

7 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

Yes it's Deaths doing. In the books and comics Death actually appears to the people letting them know he's coming for them. 

By your second argument then we could argue that no horror character ever needs to be rehabilitated as philosophically they are indeed bringing death in their own way at the natural time...

Your character is a concept or a personification of the natural order. It's not a person like other horror characters are. Hence my philosophical approach 

Heh, not sure Scrooge can rehab a fundamental force of nature.