Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Lightning McQueen at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Wacky Races

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Lightning is definitely wackier. A transforming robot is strange. A living, breathing being that is also a car is stranger I think. The entire society and evolution of cars makes no sense. 

Heh, nice try. :D 

Rodimus can move at 200 mph, just like Lightning (and in fact, as Hot Rod, he and Lightning may be evenly matched in the racing department), and has more than enough durability and firepower to outlast him and any other car in this race. 

Are weapons allowed on this show? Is it a contest of wackiness or speed? Both? I should probably have looked into this before.

In any case, 200 MPH is not McQueen's top speed (220 MPH according to some article I found, I can dig it up if need be). And again, I think because this is a vehicle category, the transformers should be constrained to their vehicle forms

Yeah I keep thinking I should like watch an episode of this to 'get it' .

This is a pretty even matchup though. They're both good sports, highly driven to win but won't play dirty. Hot Rod might cheat a little but nothing harmful to others.'

The two of them would be pals after the event is over.

I cannot find what kind of car Rodimus is on the wikis (though I did learn he had a small appearance in TFA) so safe to assume Hot Rod's vehicle mode is some sort of V8 sportscar.

8 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Are weapons allowed on this show? Is it a contest of wackiness or speed? Both? I should probably have looked into this before.

In any case, 200 MPH is not McQueen's top speed (220 MPH according to some article I found, I can dig it up if need be). And again, I think because this is a vehicle category, the transformers should be constrained to their vehicle forms

Heh, neither the slot nor any of its terrains were ever specified to have those limitations. Besides, competitors in the Wacky Race in general tend to pull out all the stops to get the win, so if there are any other racers on the track, Rodimus would be better equipped to evade and defend against their antics. 

In fact, this video reminds me that the Wacky Races can take place on any number of terrains. Lightning seems generally limited to normal asphalt and dirt tracks and maybe some grass, but Rodimus/Hot Rod has not only run on those surfaces, but also off cliffsides and even underwater, all while under duress. 

On 1/31/2024 at 2:11 AM, DSkillz said:

Heh, neither the slot nor any of its terrains were ever specified to have those limitations.

I may have misinterpreted some of your last post here, @Peypeypeypey. My bad. 😅 I blame it on the lack of sleep and extra tasks I've been doing lately IRL. 

On 1/30/2024 at 10:17 PM, Twogunkid said:

I cannot find what kind of car Rodimus is on the wikis (though I did learn he had a small appearance in TFA) so safe to assume Hot Rod's vehicle mode is some sort of V8 sportscar.

Yeah, Hot Rod/Rodimus was originally created for the then-future setting of 2005 for the OG Transformers film, so Hot Rod's alt mode is literally a sportscar the writers made up for that time. Rodimus's alt mode kinda looks like a futuristic Winnebago-type vehicle, though.