Slot: The Team's Mascot
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Michael Scott at this Wiki
Official Site: NBC

Battle Terrain
Team Mascot Challenge: Evacuation

Michael Scott is consistently terrible in dangerous scenarios, isn't he? The only examples I can think of off the top of my head are him sprinting out of the office when there was a fire (helping no one else) and when Dwight set up the fake emergency where Michael was similarly not helpful at all

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Michael Scott is consistently terrible in dangerous scenarios, isn't he? The only examples I can think of off the top of my head are him sprinting out of the office when there was a fire (helping no one else) and when Dwight set up the fake emergency where Michael was similarly not helpful at all

Happy to help with this, and the answer is simply....maths. Michael has experience of these catastrophic events, and every single person survived

In other high stress events, such as facing a CFO who was looking to sink the business he built from the ground up, or even when the entire branch was going under, he held his calm and mastered the situation. 

In fact, the key to a successful evacuation is being able to appeal or speak to every demographic that needs saving... which again he has demonstrated...

tenor.gif

Michael Scott is bad.

On a cruise ship he announces that the ship is sinking, leading to people jumping over.

He sprints out of a burning building before his underlings.

He does not, in fact, stay calm.

In order to demonstrate the problem of depression, he almost ends himself.

He creates a Golden Ticket contest that loses the company money. 

He is stressful where his underlings have heart issues by being near him.

When Phyllis is flashed, he is insensitive and mocks her.

Having to fire an employee leads to him agonizing for a day to the point where it’s worse.

He puts Dwight in charge of Health Insurance because he doesn’t want to make hard decisions and upset others always.

He hits Meredith with his car, then causes even more embarrassment by taking everyone to the hospital to try and force her to apologize.

Diversity Day.

He almost triggers a Union-shutdown of the branch in response to a women’s meeting.

He ruins Christmas because Phyllis is Santa.

His cold sore leads to him telling every partner he has an STD, rather than going and checking it out.

He proposes on a 4th date.

Immediately reveals Stanley’s affair, by calling his wife.

When branches merge, everyone except one quits.

The one who doesn’t quit had to go to therapy.

Scott’s Totz.

5 hours ago, Magnamax said:

When Phyllis is flashed, he is insensitive and mocks her.

Having to fire an employee leads to him agonizing for a day to the point where it’s worse.

He puts Dwight in charge of Health Insurance because he doesn’t want to make hard decisions and upset others always.

He hits Meredith with his car, then causes even more embarrassment by taking everyone to the hospital to try and force her to apologize.

Diversity Day.

He almost triggers a Union-shutdown of the branch in response to a women’s meeting.

He ruins Christmas because Phyllis is Santa.

His cold sore leads to him telling every partner he has an STD, rather than going and checking it out.

He proposes on a 4th date.

Immediately reveals Stanley’s affair, by calling his wife.

When branches merge, everyone except one quits.

The one who doesn’t quit had to go to therapy.

Scott’s Totz.

And yet, 99% of those people went out of their way to help him propose or made special gifts when he left. The one who was perhaps best suited to replacing him tells him (in tears) what a great boss he ended up being, and the one who did end up replacing him had him as his best man at his wedding...

A lot of those examples are simply because he has a big heart that cuts through a lot of the corporate BS. 

When the monster comes, I know who most people would rather have leading them out... that's right, the man who did believe in true love and proposed on his 4th date. Absolutely,  the man who cared enough about his ex lovers to tell them he may have a contagious disease. And 100%, the man who agonises about having to fire someone from his team rather than just casually abandoning someone to die alone. 

You are potentially talking about a Rick versus a Negan here. A person who cares and puts his people first.

A man who cried, not because of money or fame, but because of how a person he was responsible for trusted him...

A boss. A leader. A great man. And above all, a person who could evacuate a city faster than a frog if the people needed him. 

Bless you Michael. Bless you.

b446b82794aaf809c2a8bc3ec4251800.gif

Magnamax provided a mountain of examples of Michael Scott being bad in an actual emergency. Culwych provided examples of Michael being a good guy, I guess. Michael sent Dwight into a burning building to get his phone. In both evacuation scenarios in the show, Michael is either not at all helpful or actively harmful to the situation. Michael should lose 

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Magnamax provided a mountain of examples of Michael Scott being bad in an actual emergency. Culwych provided examples of Michael being a good guy, I guess. Michael sent Dwight into a burning building to get his phone. In both evacuation scenarios in the show, Michael is either not at all helpful or actively harmful to the situation. Michael should lose 

I'll have to disagree there. Michael did not send Dwight into a burning building to get his phone. 

Dwight ran into the building to get Michael’s phone because he is so devoted to him. All Michael did was mention that he may have left his phone in there. 

Seems even more clear cut that, in an emergency, a guy who inspires people to go to such lengths would be pretty amazing. 

Just think, Dwight could well have run into that building to rescue a baby to please Michael. Would anyone do that for a Frog? Nope.

10 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I'll have to disagree there. Michael did not send Dwight into a burning building to get his phone. 

Dwight ran into the building to get Michael’s phone because he is so devoted to him. All Michael did was mention that he may have left his phone in there. 

Seems even more clear cut that, in an emergency, a guy who inspires people to go to such lengths would be pretty amazing. 

Just think, Dwight could well have run into that building to rescue a baby to please Michael. Would anyone do that for a Frog? Nope.

This is just lying about the characters frankly. Michael didn't inspire Dwight. Dwight is inherently such a kiss ass that he's willing to do almost literally anything for his boss. And sending someone into a burning building after a phone is a display of both terrible judgement and reckless endangerment of the people he's in charge of. He didn't send him after a baby do they hypothetical is meaningless

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This is just lying about the characters frankly. Michael didn't inspire Dwight. Dwight is inherently such a kiss ass that he's willing to do almost literally anything for his boss. And sending someone into a burning building after a phone is a display of both terrible judgement and reckless endangerment of the people he's in charge of. He didn't send him after a baby do they hypothetical is meaningless

A shame, accusations of lying are a bit strong especially when you are wrong (and a simple search on youtube would be enough to check). I'll reiterate; Michael did not send Dwight into the burning building. He shouted for him not to. Dwight did that by himself.

You can say Dwight would do anything for his boss is the cause, but again I'd question that. When he worked for the printer company, and Michael asked him back, he threw down his uniform and walked straight out on his boss and company at the time to work with Michael again. 

I'll probably leave the argument there so it remains in the light hearted spirit of the competition.

michael-goodbye.gif

26 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

A shame, accusations of lying are a bit strong especially when you are wrong (and a simple search on youtube would be enough to check). I'll reiterate; Michael did not send Dwight into the burning building. He shouted for him not to. Dwight did that by himself.

You can say Dwight would do anything for his boss is the cause, but again I'd question that. When he worked for the printer company, and Michael asked him back, he threw down his uniform and walked straight out on his boss and company at the time to work with Michael again. 

I'll probably leave the argument there so it remains in the light hearted spirit of the competition.

michael-goodbye.gif

I didn't mean you were lying about the events. Personally I do think it's fair to say Michael sent Dwight in, but at best you can say Michael saw Dwight going in and didn't stop him. I meant that you misleading about Dwight when you said Michael inspired Dwight to go in to the building. Dwight would do basically saying for Michael early in the show.

In any case, the fact remains in literally every real emergency Michael is not a reliable leader, he puts himself above the other people in the office, and he's a terrible choice for leading an evacuation. 

I'm sure Michael will at least tie, but he really shouldn't

This is another tie rematch, right? 

From a glance, neither looks to be great for this. I haven't watched The Office, though, so I'm not really familiar with Michael. 

The thing is that while Magnamax and Peypey are giving valid reasons for why Michael would be bad at this, they’ve yet to give a reason why Dig ‘em Frog would be any better at this. Like yeah I get y’all’s points about Michael but that doesn’t automatically make Dig ‘em better by default y’all. Like don’t forget there’s two sides to this debate fellas.

Sorry but given a lack of arguments for Dig ‘em then I must cast my vote for Michael Scott. Cause at the end of the day Michael while not the best choice for these types of situations is at least experienced in dealing with them, and I’d rather some experience then none at all.