Slot: The Team's Artificial Intelligence
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Amazo at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Team A.I. Challenge: Hack

Oh this is tough. Brainiac may be smarter but Amazon is pretty resilient. I lean Brainiac but might be persuaded 

It's a shame this never happened in the cartoon. Brainiac taking over Amazo's basically omnipotent body and them having to snap him out of his control could have been a really cool episode.

As for who wins, it's really hard to say. Amazo was able to single-handed wipe out the animated JL, but those guys are a great deal weaker than their comic counterparts. Brainiac has beaten more powerful people, but Amazo by the end of it was incredibly strong, and resilient to every kind of attack. That said, we know there are some things he could not do. He had to retreat from the resurrected Grundy because the zombie man was able to feed off of his energy. If Brainiac could do something similar he might be able to use that to hack him. I'm not sure

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

It's a shame this never happened in the cartoon. Brainiac taking over Amazo's basically omnipotent body and them having to snap him out of his control could have been a really cool episode.

As for who wins, it's really hard to say. Amazo was able to single-handed wipe out the animated JL, but those guys are a great deal weaker than their comic counterparts. Brainiac has beaten more powerful people, but Amazo by the end of it was incredibly strong, and resilient to every kind of attack. That said, we know there are some things he could do. He had to retreat from the resurrected Grundy because the zombie man was able to feed off of his energy. If Brainiac could do something similar he might be able to use that to hack him. I'm not sure

That was specifically the wild magic within Grundy. Braniac is all about tech and, even if the animated JL are weaker, the feats that Amazo has shown (casually moving planets out of the way, able to see into the microverse, and specifically for this - the fact he has evolved past being able to be hacked) far outstrip Braniac. 

3 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

That was specifically the wild magic within Grundy. Braniac is all about tech and, even if the animated JL are weaker, the feats that Amazo has shown (casually moving planets out of the way, able to see into the microverse, and specifically for this - the fact he has evolved past being able to be hacked) far outstrip Braniac. 

He's above being hacked by the animated justice league. My point is that he's a big fish in a little pond. He has a planetary feat, but so does Brainiac, and most comic book Justice League characters. Brainiac has tech that can do things that Amazo has shown no capacity to do, like see into the fifth dimension, and he has stuff that may be able to stop Amazo or slow him down, like a power dampening field. I'm just not convinced that this Amazo, strong as he is, could be able to take down the more poweful comic book Brainiac

6 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

He's above being hacked by the animated justice league. My point is that he's a big fish in a little pond. He has a planetary feat, but so does Brainiac, and most comic book Justice League characters. Brainiac has tech that can do things that Amazo has shown no capacity to do, like see into the fifth dimension, and he has stuff that may be able to stop Amazo or slow him down, like a power dampening field. I'm just not convinced that this Amazo, strong as he is, could be able to take down the more poweful comic book Brainiac

Couple of points there - you mention seeing into the 5th dimension but I'd say Amazo moving Oa to another dimension trumps that. 

The other point is the very essence of Amazo - he evolves just by looking at beings. He became the strongest version possible and his feats do pretty much anything, including for example intangibility and telepathy (from Martian Manhunter and shown when he both communicates with Superman from space and reads Lexs mind).

Perhaps the best example here of why he wins is that he only has to look at Braniac and he will have access to all his tech (like he copied the Lantern Ring), and be able to read his mind so he'd know how to use it, on top of all his other abilities. I know I've referenced this already, but we know for example that if Braniac brought his armies, Amazo could move them to another dimension - with a thought. 

I just dont see anything that Braniac could do to win this.

19 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

And just to add to this - a big fish is still a big fish if we are looking purely at its size (I'm losing the analogy here but I mean by looking at the feats). Amazo has done some incredible things which just surpass Braniac. 

He has, to quote, "flight, super strength, invulnerability, vast energy manipulation, psionic powers like telepathy and telekinesis, super-hearing, the ability to teleport himself across unknown distances, shrink into a subatomic universe, shunt entire planets to other dimensions and just as easily bring them back unharmed with a blink of an eye, along with many, many other superpowers and abilities". 

His level of tech and abilities just scales so much higher, even if he is compared to the comic universe. 

If somebody could hack him Braniac could. 

That's good enough for me.

Brainiac isn't just computer right. I think he was in the 80's when I first saw him (that's my favorite look or him). But he's organic too right?

17 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I lean Brainiac but might be persuaded 

17 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not sure

6 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

If somebody could hack him Braniac could. 

I have a feeling that I'm in the minority on this one, despite Amazo being one of, if not the most, powerful AI ever shown in fiction. I suppose I'll reiterate my three main arguements: 

1. His power levels are off the scale as nothing could touch him. Even if we say the DCAU is lower power, there is still some considerable firepower there - including a host of Green Lanterns and most of the Justice League throwing everything they've got at him. He has the powers of all the JL, including the speed of the Flash and mind reading capabilities of the MM which are powerful in any universe (Flash in DCAU has been shown going around the world in seconds). 

2. He has transcended, meaning the powers he had before are now even stronger and he is resistant to weapons that would normally hack him, as well as able to move entire planets to other dimensions and back with a thought. 

3. Even with all these powers, he can still evolve further - and has shown to be able to replicate technology (such as GL's ring). Which means that an opponent like Braniac, is going to face all the abilities in point 1 and 2, plus be matched in seconds with his own tech. It is not unreasonable to assume that Amazo could copy all his technology and evolve past it by the time Brainiac readies an attack. 

This is probably the closest match in the tournament so far, and I second @Peypeypeypey saying that this should have happened in the cartoon!

I literally am torn on which character could win this as both are pretty equal in power and intelligence. Ultimately I’ll probably give my vote based on which side argues for their guy the best.