Slot: The Team's Vehicle
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Space Eagle 5 at this Wiki
Official Site: MGM

Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Daytona 500

So we have an evil, corrupted version of Optimus Prime going up against a Winnebago that can fly through space...

Well, for one... I would think that the Space Eagle 5 has the speed advantage solely because it has warp speed from what I remember of space balls. But the problem with that is, in most science fiction works such as Star Wars and Star Trek-- even Spaceballs, is that it's never been done on a terrestrial planet. Now, if we look at both what Trek and Wars say about going Warp Speed or Hyperdrive on the surface of a planet, it's generally CATASTROPHIC.

https://www.quora.com/What-would-happen-if-a-starship-entered-into-hyperspace-while-in-atmosphere

https://www.reddit.com/r/swrpg/comments/3ardb5/hyperspace_inside_a_planets_atmosphere/

So... that consequence negates the Space Eagle 5's speed advantage when it comes to using the warp speed or hyperdrive while on the surface of a planet. Of course, this is all assuming that the laws of astrophysics in Spaceballs applies the same way it does for Trek and Wars.

So with the speed advantage negated because of the laws of physics and astrophysics, as the Space Eagle 5 needs to be intact to race.... otherwise it would risk obliteration and catastrophic longterm effects on the planet's surface, this means that it has to travel normally to race against Nemesis Prime. The Space Eagle 5 can definitely fly still, but Nemesis Prime can switch between bot-form and truck mode-- and if he also has a stealth mode to where he can use his weaponry while in vehicle mode, then that gives him an offensive capabilities to take out the Space Eagle 5 during the race.

I've got Nemesis riding victorious on this one.

It natural to assume the Space Eagle 5 would mostly follow the rules.

Nemesis could follow the rules and in a dirty player sense but he could do it in a way to get away with it.

I say Nemesis Prime wins.

On 1/14/2024 at 6:20 PM, leroypowell3 said:

It natural to assume the Space Eagle 5 would mostly follow the rules.

Nemesis could follow the rules and in a dirty player sense but he could do it in a way to get away with it.

I say Nemesis Prime wins.

Wouldn’t he get DQed though? Not sure how exactly he’d “get away with it”?