Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sting at this Wiki
Official Site: Himself

Battle Terrain
Team Athlete Challenge: MMA

Hmm ... 

Given Sting's skill as a pro wrestler, he's likely also skilled in shoot wrestling, which can legit be used in brawls. Ivan can hit harder, though. 

In general, MMA fighters agree that a key skill is being able to wrestle on the ground. I think that'll give Sting an advantage here.

Sure, Ivan is a beast and can throw a punch, but it'll be easier for Sting to bring his opponents down to the ground than it'll be for Drago to get a straight knock out. 

As I said in a previous post boxing does not translate well to MMA, as it does nothing to prepare you kicks, grappling, and take downs. Since we’re assuming the fighters are going in with the training they displayed in the films with no time to learn other fighting styles then I see Sting forcing Ivan to tap by the third round. Maybe the second.

6 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

As I said in a previous post boxing does not translate well to MMA, as it does nothing to prepare you kicks, clinching, and take downs. Since we’re assuming the fighters are going in with the training they displayed in the films with no time to learn other fighting styles then I see Sting forcing Ivan to tap by the third round. Maybe the second.

Clinching exists in boxing and Drago should have some training in grappling from his time in the military.

Drago may be stronger and hit harder, but Sting as a striker and grappler has the better skill set for this match and has dealt with super strong opponents with KO punches before, like The Big Show.

Sting should win, but it's gonna be a hell of a match.

Crow Sting dominated in all aspects in the ring with a little bit of aerial skill, submission, and striking included. Used to love watching him in WCW. Stinger Splash was epic ... although it may not be ideal in MMA rules he is faster and way more agile than Drago. And also as mentioned has faced some Goliath athletes.  

18 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Clinching exists in boxing and Drago should have some training in grappling from his time in the military.

I meant grappling. I also like how you disagree with me in this comment and then immediately argue for Sting in the comment below mine. Wtf?

3 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I meant grappling. I also like how you disagree with me in this comment and then immediately argue for Sting in the comment below mine. Wtf?

Clinching is grappling.

To your question. I disagree with your characterization of boxing in general and Drago specifically, but agree with your proposed outcome out come of the match. At least regarding who wins.

These aren't mutually exclusive ideas.

3 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Clinching is grappling.

To your question. I disagree with your characterization of boxing in general and Drago specifically, but agree with your proposed outcome out come of the match. At least regarding who wins.

These aren't mutually exclusive ideas.

Well they’re different in that clinching is a defensive technique used to wrap up your opponent to create a pause in the match, whereas grappling is an offensive tactic designed to force your opponent into submission. 

C’mon dude you know what I meant, I just don’t understand why you had to call me over a ticky tack description when we’re both essentially saying the same thing? Like was that really necessary?