Slot: The Team's Vehicle
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Optimus Prime at this Wiki
Official Site: Hasbro

Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Rainbow Road

Optimus's top speed in truck mode is 140 mph in a lot of media, so he's not a lot slower than Lightning. He probably also won't get knocked around as much by the items and hazards (not to mention his robot mode could save him from a fall). He'd also be kinda tough to pass if he gets ahead. 

Thing is, his vehicle modes probably can't handle sharp turns at high speeds as well as Lightning, especially if he's a larger truck or lugging a trailer around.  

All-in-all, it seems Lightning has the edge. 

8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Optimus's top speed in truck mode is 140 mph in a lot of media, so he's not a lot slower than Lightning. He probably also won't get knocked around as much by the items and hazards (not to mention his robot mode could save him from a fall). He'd also be kinda tough to pass if he gets ahead. 

Thing is, his vehicle modes probably can't handle sharp turns at high speeds as well as Lightning, especially if he's a larger truck or lugging a trailer around.  

All-in-all, it seems Lightning has the edge. 

NASCAR (which I presume McQueen is based on) has cars travelling around 200MPH. That's an additional lap per minute on Optimus. So McQueen's speed edge is actually pretty big.

4 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

NASCAR (which I presume McQueen is based on) has cars travelling around 200MPH. That's an additional lap per minute on Optimus. So McQueen's speed edge is actually pretty big.

I read that Lighting's top speed was 200 mph on one of his wiki pages. 

I not sure how big of an advantage his speed is on Rainbow Road, though, considering it's only a 3-lap race and the hazards of the track and items thrown Lightning's way will likely knock him around more than Optimus. 

I'm still pretty sure that Lightning's superior speed and better handling should net him a win here, though. 

Narrow and slippery tracks are Lightning McQueen forte yes, but again, Rainbow Road is the one racing track that I'm aware of in the pool where combatants are allowed to use weapons. I don't know if Optimus would opt for that per say, he's too much of a nice man-bot-thing, but it's not a surefire win for Lightning cause just cause he's a racer.