Slot: The Team's Scientist
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Shuri at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Team Scientist Challenge: Dancing Robots

I'm only familiar with Shuri through the MCU. Does she have an appreciation for the arts in the comics?

On 12/21/2023 at 4:18 PM, Twogunkid said:

I'm only familiar with Shuri through the MCU. Does she have an appreciation for the arts in the comics?

As far as I've read of her (and honestly that's up through around Doomwar) they don't really get into that but like Mrecernaryblade said, it's and African culture. Believe me nobody get down like Africans.

The argument for Shuri so far seems to literally be "She's African and African people like music, so therefore she must like music and therefore would win." That seems like an incredibly problematic argument to be honest. Mordin is known to like song and dance and can perform the challenge. He should have no problem with this

• Like 1

I'm with Peypeypeypey and Macklemore. There may be more in African culture than in Salarian culture, but Mordin has specifically been a part of musical theatre.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The argument for Shuri so far seems to literally be "She's African and African people like music, so therefore she must like music and therefore would win." That seems like an incredibly problematic argument to be honest. Mordin is known to like song and dance and can perform the challenge. He should have no problem with this

We've seen dancing rituals portrayed in Wakanda. Her assignment is make a dancing robot, she'll draw from what she knows. Nothing problematic about that argument. 

Mordin I only remember him humming a few tunes. He wasn't a fave companion of mine though so I pretty much benched him most of the time.  

10 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Mordin I only remember him humming a few tunes. He wasn't a fave companion of mine though so I pretty much benched him most of the time.  

Mordin is actually very interested in art and music. Here he is discussing his involvement with interspecies musical productions and demonstrating his ability with a song from one of his musicals. He's surprisingly interested in song and dance for a stuffy scientist type. One of the many reasons to love him

9 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Ehh, I think tribal dancing is probably going to be more eye catching than a broadway esque robot. 

Tribal dancing is something in her culture that she doesn't really actively engage with as far as anyone has shown. Mordin has personal experience and history with musical theater. It's very clear that he has the advantage in that regard

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Tribal dancing is something in her culture that she doesn't really actively engage with as far as anyone has shown. Mordin has personal experience and history with musical theater. It's very clear that he has the advantage in that regard

You don't need personal experience to program a robot to do said task, Shuri has access to a wealth of people that do know the dances and such. She is not just a scientist but a royal of Wakanda. What she may lack she can bring in others for, so the argument that she herself hasn't been shown is redundant. Nothing says you can't use other resources at your disposal.   

1 minute ago, Mercenaryblade said:

You don't need personal experience to program a robot to do said task, Shuri has access to a wealth of people that do know the dances and such. She is not just a scientist but a royal of Wakanda. What she may lack she can bring in others for, so the argument that she herself hasn't been shown is redundant. Nothing says you can't use other resources at your disposal.   

Other than the fact that the challenge is for the scientist themself. Half of the Marvel characters could just ask Tony to help them in every match if they were allowed to use resources they would realistically have access to. The challenge is for the scientist, not the scientist and any other resources they have. Both Mordin and Shuri would be able to program a dancing robot, Mordin has more demonstrated experience with musical theater and therefore would have a better chance in this matchup

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

Other than the fact that the challenge is for the scientist themself. Half of the Marvel characters could just ask Tony to help them in every match if they were allowed to use resources they would realistically have access to. The challenge is for the scientist, not the scientist and any other resources they have. Both Mordin and Shuri would be able to program a dancing robot, Mordin has more demonstrated experience with musical theater and therefore would have a better chance in this matchup

Shuri would have access to recordings of said dancing if you seriously want to go that way with your argument. I'd also emphasis that real scientist don't do everything solo and will definitely ask for peer reviews and for input from trusted sources. That is within parameters of making a dancing robot. So if Shuri isn't allowed to bring experts in, she's got a wealth of culutual databanks to use to program her dancing robot. 

Alright I'm getting tired and as much as I would love to continue to debate, I try to abstain from computer use during Christmas and spend time with my loved ones. So I shall deliver my main points for Shuri below 

Vibranium Technology:

Shuri has access to Wakanda's most valuable resource: Vibranium. This rare and powerful metal possesses unique properties that can absorb and store kinetic energy. Utilizing Vibranium, Shuri could develop a robot with enhanced durability, flexibility, and energy efficiency. The incorporation of Vibranium technology could give her robot a distinct advantage in terms of performance and adaptability on the dance floor.

Cultural Influence and Creativity:

Shuri's creativity and cultural background could influence the design and aesthetics of her dancing robot. Drawing inspiration from Wakandan traditions, music, and dance styles, she could create a robot that resonates with a broader audience and captures the essence of Wakandan culture. Her innovative approach to blending technology with cultural elements could result in a more engaging and visually appealing dancing robot.
Advanced AI and Robotics Expertise:

While Mordin Solus is a brilliant scientist and researcher in the "Mass Effect" universe, Shuri's expertise in AI and robotics is well-established within the Marvel Universe. As a leading innovator and technological genius in Wakanda, Shuri has demonstrated proficiency in developing advanced AI systems and robotic technology. Her hands-on experience and innovative approach to integrating AI with robotics could contribute to the development of a more sophisticated and responsive dancing robot.

Collaborative Innovation:

Shuri's collaborative approach to innovation and technology development could play a crucial role in creating a superior dancing robot. By leveraging the expertise of her team and embracing a multidisciplinary approach to design, she could harness diverse perspectives and skills to optimize the robot's performance, functionality, and aesthetic appeal. This collaborative innovation process could result in a more refined and polished final product compared to Mordin Solus's individual approach.

Cultural Significance and Global Impact:

Shuri's creation of a dancing robot could transcend entertainment and have broader cultural significance and global impact. By showcasing Wakanda's technological prowess and cultural heritage through her robot, she could promote cross-cultural understanding, appreciation, and collaboration on a global scale. This cultural resonance and broader societal impact could distinguish Shuri's dancing robot from Mordin Solus's creation and contribute to its widespread acclaim and popularity.

• Like 1