Slot: The Team's Athlete
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Wildcat at this Wiki
Official Site: D.C Comics

Battle Terrain
Team Athlete Challenge: MMA

Ippo is a world class boxer. Wildcat may have some tricks. Some of Cat's tricks are ill suited to MMA his mastery of Krav Maga for example is not legal in MMA, so that's out. Plus Wildcat may know other martial arts, but the old glory hound often goes in, in a boxing mindset. A lot of art has him just swinging on opponents typically with a cross as his favored punch. Ippo has tanked consecutive punches right to the face and kept on trucking.

3 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

And wildcat beat up metahumans for fun. Also I doubt Ippo has any sort of ground game.

Ippo's in this on strength and power. He's cracking ribs with punches while wearing boxing gloves. He knocks off boxing gear and gloves from training opponents with his raw strength.

image.thumb.jpeg.c1efa3e114789f1ac3ca618c8c29c323.jpeg

He's an innovative fighter with his innovations on the Dempsey roll and he knows his weaknesses. Granted both Ted and Ippo take many hits they shouldn't. This is going to be a brutal fight.

I think Ippo's good nature actually helps him here. Ted enjoys a good fight and as a boxer himself, I see Ted wanting to go in a boxing match.

I'm seeing people being on Wildcats side and while I understand why, his age is gonna be the deciding factor in this. Wildecat isn't exactly a spring chicken, he's aged quite a lot compared to other heroes as he is an original Justice Society member: a team that have been around since WWII form what I understand. His skill may have hegihtened, but like anyone else, nobody is immune to the sands of time. Ippo has this because of the factor of still having his youth.

Age can bring a more measured and tactical approach to combat. Wildcat may use his experience to analyze Ippo's fighting style, identify patterns, and strategically capitalize on any weaknesses. This calculated approach could prove effective against Ippo's youthful but potentially more predictable fighting style.

While youth brings energy and endurance, it can also lead to overexertion. Wildcat's experience might allow him to conserve energy more efficiently, ensuring he remains a formidable opponent throughout the duration of the fight. If the match extends into later rounds, Wildcat's ability to pace himself could become a crucial factor. (Rope a Dope, and if he has been shown to tangle with Metahumans like Atomic Skull I think he's more than capable of hanging with Ippo)

While Ippo's youth provides him with physical advantages, Wildcat's age comes with a wealth of experience and wisdom gained from decades in the boxing ring and as a crime-fighter. Experience can often be a crucial factor in anticipating and countering an opponent's moves, potentially offsetting Ippo's physical prowess.

• Like 1

Yeah, kind of a tough pull for Ippo. 

To add to this, Ippo may not even be necessarily more skilled in boxing. Before Wildcat started crimefighting, he was a heavyweight champion. 

Yeah this is tough for my boy.  Basically relying on him taking some good hits and landing a critical blow on cat.

I do feel Wildcat would love to fight with Ippo though.

Pretty sure that Wildcat can go between Orthodox and Southpaw stances so that should give him the advantage over Ippo. Ippo might hit harder (in theory at least, Wildcat definitely punches above his weight class more often than Ippo does, and at a bigger level of magnitude), but he's also less confident and assertive than Wildcat. I think Wildcat has this.

1 hour ago, Vincento said:

Why are we not taking a character at their peak performance? I think it's only fair for a physical challenge. 

Wildcats age and experience are a big part of him as a fighter and an athlete 

A tough loss for me, but somewhat expected. I'm surprised no one brought up that Ippo is in a much lower weight class (featherweight) than Wildcat (heavyweight).