Mutagen Man: 2

Rumble 20587 Nathan Drake vs. Vastatosaurus Rex
MATCH SCORE
Nathan Drake: 1
Vastatosaurus Rex: 3

Match 19849 Mai Ling vs. Jam Kuradoberi

JohnnyChany

THE TRUE CHOSEN ONE: A 2ND FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER PART 38

(Mortal Kombat/Killer Instinct/BlazBlue/Darkstalkers/Guilty Gear/Bloody Roar/Red Earth/Eternal Champions/

image.jpeg.7a10b0d4548a55d91a4bc26c837c70fd.jpeg

Mai Ling and Jam Kuradoberi sat with the old man that they had rescued from Kobra and Kira in his home. 

OLD MAN: I can’t thank you enough.

MAI LING: Anytime.

JAM: So, you said you can help us. What do you know about alternate dimensions?

OLD MAN: Not much to be honest, I only have theories. Theories based on the things I have seen in my life and on my knowledge of the realms.

MAI LING: What are the realms?

OLD MAN: The five realms all existing together, invisible to one another unless you know the way. Earthrealm, Outerworld, Edenia, Nettherrealm, and Orderrealm. Needless to say, you are in Earthrealm now.

JAM: How do you travel between them?

OLD MAN: There are portals and gateways where great energy is gathered. I surmised that this would not only exist to travel between realms, but between dimensions and worlds as well. As long as that world had a similar phenomenon.

JAM: The Backyard!

OLD MAN: In this world there are powerful enough sorcerers and gods able to create their own rifts. Again I surmised what would be on the other side as well. Surely there are those powerful enough in other worlds that could do the same.

MAI LING: Scion!

OLD MAN: However, I assumed there had to be some event or some key that would unlock all these dimensions’ awareness of one another. I had different ideas on what that would look like and that’s what brought Kano to me.

MAI LING: And who exactly is Kano?

OLD MAN: A criminal and remorseless killer, he is the leader of the ruthless Black Dragon Clan. Those were Black Dragon Clan members that you saved me from.

JAM: Why did he come to you?

OLD MAN: He came upon an item he believed to be a key to other worlds. He wanted to know if I had any answers for him. He was angry that I could only offer speculation, but our conversation was cut short when he disappeared.

JAM: Interesting.

MAI LING: Sir, do you have any knowledge or theories about interdimensional travel making you hungry because I am starving!

The old man chuckled.

OLD MAN: I guess it would make sense that it would. Make yourself at home, I don’t have much in my kitchen but you can help yourself to anything. Least I could do.

Jam Kuradoberi shot up from her chair.

JAM: I can make something for us. I am a chef. It would be an honor to prepare a meal for new friends.

MAI LING: That would be great.

Jam walked into the old man’s kitchen as he and Mai Ling remained seated.

OLD MAN: It really is an amazing thing to meet people from different worlds. If you wouldn’t mind, could you tell me about yours?

Mai Ling told him about her home of Gora, how she had participated in martial arts tournaments at 14 years old, and how her life changed when she came back one day to find her home burned down by the monstrous harpy, Lavia. After defeating the monster, Mai Ling went on a worldwide quest to find the missing children from her village. Along the way she had made allies with a lion man named Leo, a ninja named Kenji, and an academic witch named Tessa. Together they fought various monsters before confronting the source behind it all, an evil sorcerer named Scion.

MAI LING: I may not know much about what’s going on, but I’m worried Scion is involved.

OLD MAN: Didn’t you say your friend, Leo, defeated him years ago.

MAI LING: Yes, but even then he warned that he  was created by hate and would return once greed and desire blinded the people once more. The invasion of monsters brought people together, but it was never going to last forever.

image.jpeg.db0f3516a5c50846b9060323c6183309.jpeg

In the kitchen, Jam was cooking a rice dish as she thought over her current predicament. She wondered if she would be able to make some money in this new world while she was stranded there. That money could go to building a new restaurant after the last one was destroyed. She suddenly had a horrifying epiphany, she had no idea what form of currency this world used. What if it was something that couldn’t be exchanged once she got back home.

This train of thought was immediately interrupted when a large purple ball of flames appeared in the kitchen. When the flames dissipated, Nine the Phantom stood in front of Jam.

JAM: Who?!? What?!?

Without a word, Nine cast a similar Mind Eater spell to the one she had performed on Yukki Terumi centuries earlier. Jam Kuradoberi immediately fell under her control.

JAM: What do you want of me?

NINE THE PHANTOM: To put down your new friend. I considered taking her on myself, but I have been severely disappointed with the heroes of that world so far. First Tessa and then Kenji, it hardly feels like it is worth my time and energy at this point. However, I am interested in that old geezer you two have stumbled upon. Follow me.

Back in the living room, Mai Ling stopped talking suddenly and gave the old man a quizzical look.

MAI LING: Pardon me, sir, but I have the feeling that you know more than you are saying.

OLD MAN: What makes you say that?

Before Mai Ling could answer, Nine the Phantom appeared before them.

NINE THE PHANTOM: Very perceptive. I was thinking the same thing. I want to hear more from you, old geezer. You’re coming with me!

OLD MAN: Please no.

Mai Ling jumped to her feet.

MAI LING: I don’t know who you are, but you aren’t taking him anywhere.

Nine took off her witch’s hat and twirled it on her finger.

NINE THE PHANTOM: You should worry about yourself, little girl.

Jam blindsided Mai Ling with a dive kick that sent her crashing to the ground. She quickly returned to her feet.

MAI LING: Jam?!? What… what are you doing?

JAM: Putting you in your place!

The two martial artists squared off.

Nine fixed her gaze upon the old man.

NINE THE PHANTOM: Shall we go?

It's so awesome to see Jam FINALLY making her CBUB debut!

Most of what I know about Mai-Ling from Warzard/Red Earth is that she is a very skilled Martial Artist with some exceptional techniques which compliment her swiftness, but I think that Jam Kuradoberi is on a whole other level considering that she's effectively learned to utilize her Ki in her techniques to either bolster her physical capabilities, or even to enhance her techniques to do more damage. And then add to the fact that Kum Haehyun had done some tuning on her-- well, I would think that Jam is more powerful.

Jam's got my vote here!

I’m leaning towards Mai Ling honestly for two main reasons:

1. Mai Ling throws hands with dinosaurs, krakens, and giant trolls. Her physical stats have to be much higher then Jam’s in order to hang with creatures that much bigger then her.

2. Mai Ling benefits a lot from her game only having 4 playable characters, because by lore that has to make her one of the 4 strongest human fighters in the Red Earth verse, which puts her very high in terms of lore strength. Jam is good, but because of how many characters Guilty Gear has her lore abilities tend to be very limited and lacking in scale. The only thing I can safely say about her is that she’s mid tier, which isn’t bad but isn’t very promising either.

Sorry Jam but by lore strengths and scaling I have to vote for Mai Ling.