Slot: The Team's Vehicle
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ratchet at this Wiki
Official Site: Hasbro

Battle Terrain
Vehicle Challenge: Rush Hour

Given that Nemesis Prime is pretty much a Decepticon and thus therefore doesn't give a damn about human casualties and obstacles, and in some continuities is even equal to Optimus Prime-- I don't see why he can't just plow through NYC traffic without much damage, or even so much as blow through it with whatever weapons he has just to get to his destination.

5 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Given that Nemesis Prime is pretty much a Decepticon and thus therefore doesn't give a damn about human casualties and obstacles, and in some continuities is even equal to Optimus Prime-- I don't see why he can't just plow through NYC traffic without much damage, or even so much as blow through it with whatever weapons he has just to get to his destination.

Because that's gonna force him to deal with everything from angry New Yorkers to the NYPD, which is like the 20th largest armed force in the world, and eventually the national guard. New York is not gonna sit idle while a big rig plows through the streets.

Ratchet on the other hand just has to turn on the siren and go.

40 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Because that's gonna force him to deal with everything from angry New Yorkers to the NYPD, which is like the 20th largest armed force in the world, and eventually the national guard. New York is not gonna sit idle while a big rig plows through the streets.

Sure but Nemesis Prime is essentially Optimus Prime in terms of ability and capabilities but without the original Optimus Prime's moral compass. So just look at the original Optimus Prime's battle capacity and apply that to Nemesis but take away any restraint that Optimus has.

Edit: According to the War for Cybertron continuity... Nemesis IS Optimus!

Also... if Nemesis does cause any casualties, Ratchet either will have to abandon the race and attempt to stop Nemesis in direct confrontation or... and this is likely to happen...

Attempt to get any injured or dying humans to the hospital.

1 hour ago, RiotGear said:

Unless he goes into "Doctor of Doom" mode. :P 

But yeah, the sirens would probably give Ratchet the initial edge. Rakai's point, though, makes me think that they might both miss out on deliveries with all the chaos Nemesis may cause and the authorities adding to the confusion and pile-ups as they try to intercept. 

I'm wondering...

Assuming that Nemesis Prime's stats are the same as Optimus, considering that in many continuities he's either a clone of Optimus or straight up Optimus having been corrupted.. Can we pull up the G1 Power Stats for Optimus and Ratchet and compare them for Nemesis and Ratchet here?

I know Optimus is rated a 10 in speed in G1 Power charts. The same might be applied to Nemesis if possible. 

23 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Sure but Nemesis Prime is essentially Optimus Prime in terms of ability and capabilities but without the original Optimus Prime's moral compass. So just look at the original Optimus Prime's battle capacity and apply that to Nemesis but take away any restraint that Optimus has.

Edit: According to the War for Cybertron continuity... Nemesis IS Optimus!

Also... if Nemesis does cause any casualties, Ratchet either will have to abandon the race and attempt to stop Nemesis in direct confrontation or... and this is likely to happen...

Attempt to get any injured or dying humans to the hospital.

Ratchet is a trained medic. He will understand the need to triage, which in this case means that finishing the race will save the most lives.

If he does have to face Nemesis it's worth remembering he has thrown down with Megatron and will have back up from local and federal authorities, oh and probably eventually the turtles themselves. Who he can give the pizzas too once they've joined forces and beat Nemesis Prime.

At this point it kinda feels like we've inadvertently written the pitch for a Transformers/TMNT crossover.

1 hour ago, RiotGear said:

Ratchet is a trained medic. He will understand the need to triage, which in this case means that finishing the race will save the most lives.

I would think that as a medic, Ratchet's priorities would switch from delivering pizza to saving lives.

I mean if people are DYING, why continue a race when your job is to literally save their lives?

20 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

I would think that as a medic, Ratchet's priorities would switch from delivering pizza to saving lives.

I mean if people are DYING, why continue a race when your job is to literally save their lives?

Ratchet's priority would be saving as many people as possible, in this case that means winning the match. Because once the match is over Nemesis is gonna stop his rampage.

Either because it's pointless or because he'll be magically pulled out of the scenario.

1 minute ago, RiotGear said:

Either because it's pointless or because he'll be magically pulled out of the scenario.

Or he'll have to fight Nemesis.

Which might be the same thing as fighting Optimus.

38 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Or he'll have to fight Nemesis.

Which might be the same thing as fighting Optimus.

Why would Ratchet have to fight Nemesis? He is going to complete the challenge and save lives faster if he doesn't. Even if he did fight Nemesis he's not gonna be doing it alone. It's gonna be Ratchet and a city full of cops, soldiers, and super heroes fighting Nemesis.

Also in a meta sense, I'm not sure how I feel about turning a match that is supposed to be a race of sorts into a straight up fight.

24 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

Why would Ratchet have to fight Nemesis? He is going to complete the challenge and save lives faster if he doesn't. Even if he did fight Nemesis he's not gonna be doing it alone. It's gonna be Ratchet and a city full of cops, soldiers, and super heroes fighting Nemesis.

Also in a meta sense, I'm not sure how I feel about turning a match that is supposed to be a race of sorts into a straight up fight.

I mean as a Medic Autobot, isn't it his duty to more or less prioritize the safety and well being-- and overall health of the injured? I mean I think that trying to stop the threat directly would have to also play a major part in that.

But if we have to keep it to a race... I really don't see Ratchet keeping up with the race to deliver the pizzas. That would be like a doctor who's driving an Ambulance (which is essentially Ratchet in a nutshell) ignoring his hippocratic oath to help the sick and the dying, which.... Nemesis will be leaving behind in a wake of terror, just to get to four different stops where four hungry teenaged Turtles are waiting for him.

I mean... that would just made for a bad doctor, or Medic bot in Ratchet's case.

41 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

I mean as a Medic Autobot, isn't it his duty to more or less prioritize the safety and well being-- and overall health of the injured? I mean I think that trying to stop the threat directly would have to also play a major part in that.

But if we have to keep it to a race... I really don't see Ratchet keeping up with the race to deliver the pizzas. That would be like a doctor who's driving an Ambulance (which is essentially Ratchet in a nutshell) ignoring his hippocratic oath to help the sick and the dying, which.... Nemesis will be leaving behind in a wake of terror, just to get to four different stops where four hungry teenaged Turtles are waiting for him.

I mean... that would just made for a bad doctor, or Medic bot in Ratchet's case.

That's where triage comes in, the quickest way to save the most people, is to end the match. The quickest way to do that is deliver the pizzas.

What you're describing is still not a race, race, but setting that aside. Again the quickest way to save the most people in the scenario. Is to deliver the pizzas and end the match.

On 12/10/2023 at 6:12 PM, RiotGear said:

At this point it kinda feels like we've inadvertently written the pitch for a Transformers/TMNT crossover.

Hey, IDW may still own comics rights for both franchises. It could actually happen. :)