Slot: The Team's Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Rubberband Man at this Wiki
Official Site: Office Depot

Battle Terrain
Team Mascot Challenge: Silent Hill

Both are eccentric, both live in realities that don't resemble our own to an extent, but I do give Rubberband Man the edge here.

Granted Kermit is hard to beat, as the frog is an iconic muppet, and is one of the most recognizable Jim Henson characters out there, but I think he doesn't do as well in advertising Silent Hill. A Muppet movie in Silent Hill might be interesting, and I'm not sure how they would do that, but selling real estate there seems out of his wheelhouse, as the wackiness of Kermit isn't going to be enough in my opinion to convince people to overlook the dangers inherent in the location.

The Rubberband Man doesn't work in real estate either, however, there is something to be said about a guy that gets people pumped to receive office supplies, and kids school supplies. I'm not going to say that he is shoo-in to convince people to buy real estate in a dangerous place like Silent Hill, but he does have a pretty decent chance of convincing people to be hyped up about things they ordinarily wouldn't be hyped up about, so that does paint a pretty good picture to me.

Apparently this guy is from an office supply commercial 

Which means the guy hangs out at offices a lot aka prospective home buyers. I would go with his proposition over that of a children's show mascot. I think the only thing Kermit has going for his is that he's well known. But I don't like treating these matches as a popularity contest. 

On 12/9/2023 at 1:05 PM, Vincento said:

Apparently this guy is from an office supply commercial 

Which means the guy hangs out at offices a lot aka prospective home buyers. I would go with his proposition over that of a children's show mascot. I think the only thing Kermit has going for his is that he's well known. But I don't like treating these matches as a popularity contest. 

Don’t think I’ve ever heard of RBM before, thanks for the introduction.

Heh, I remember those Office Max commercials. :) 

Neither Kermit nor Rubberband Man would be that great for this. While Kermit is more popular overall, though, Rubberband Man would be more immediately useful in delivering supplies to would-be vacationers. 

Sure, they'd be zombified soon after that, but hey, at least the free Silent Hill-branded paper clips brought them there. :D