Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

13:4 - Dracula vs. Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)

UMPIRE

SEASON 13, ROUND 4

Dracula

Slot: The Team's Horror Icon
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Dracula at this Wiki
Official Site: Estate Of Bram Stoker

Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)

Slot: The Team's Christmas Themed Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) at this Wiki
Official Site: Atlus

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Costume Contest

Dracula is a master of disguising himself even in the original novel. Throw in that Vampires are super popular and a little Dracula hypnotism and suavity to the audience and you have to go with Dracula

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Dracula is a bit of a boring cosplay cause it's kind of overdone. Jack Frost is the new kid on the block that has something to prove. And he looks cooler than just wrapping a cape around you and calling it a day.

H8Soy3V.png

Alright I think you're making an argument against Jack Frost hereĀ 

This is Dracula who's doing the dressing up here. Charismatic, charming, and literally hypnotic and if living through the 2000's taught me anything, do not underestimate the public's love of a vampire.

I think people are underestimating Dracula a bit here. He's not just a stuffy old guy, he's a charismatic and wealthy Count who has a ton of different options when it comes to dressing to impress. Not to mention if you bring in versions of him that look more beast-like, bat-like, or monster-like. Dracula is an icon for a reason

Dracula can be done in may different ways from his old Romanian routes based on Vlad Tepes, to his classic Universal role, to the Hammer films, to the 2000's Dracula movies, but all have been done quite too much to be honest.

Dracula is a horror staple, and has been the standard archetype for every work of vampire fiction out there.

Jack on the other hand is newer, and while I think the cosplay shown above isn't great, if someone were truly dedicated enough, they could make a very unique costume based around him.

Is the challenge people dressing as the characters or the characters dressing up themselves?
Ā 

Persona may have it's fans if it is a pure costume contest, but almost everyone knows Dracula. The audience is going for it over a minimalist design like Jack.

I think there are plenty of people who enjoy the more unique choices when there is a costume contest. Jack is certainly more unique than one of the most common Halloween costumes around. Of course, this assumes an equal amount of effort is put into both costumes.Ā  For Jack that means you would probably have to go full mascot outfit.Ā 

Still don't see a minimalist character design from a foreign game studio will upstage one of the biggest horror icons.