Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

13:4 - The Thing (John Carpenter) vs. Sally (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

UMPIRE

SEASON 13, ROUND 4

The Thing (John Carpenter)

Slot: The Team's Horror Icon
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Thing (John Carpenter) at this Wiki
Official Site: Universal Pictures

Sally (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

Slot: The Team's Christmas Themed Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Sally (The Nightmare Before Christmas) at this Wiki
Official Site: Touchstone Pictures

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Role Reversal

Sally could definitely be a horror movie villain. A living human sized doll/Frankenstein's monster? Easy horror movie there. 

The Thing can assimilate to become anything to an extent but I don't think we can know if it would be able to not continue assimilating things. Plus, any Christmas movie that starts with an alien taking over someone's body is probably a no from most audiences

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The Thing can assimilate to become anything to an extent but I don't think we can know if it would be able to not continue assimilating things.

The Thing assimilates people down to their basic psychology. It has their memories, their personalities. If there's any horror icon that would excel in this terrain, it's him.

2 hours ago, C.T. said:

Does...the Thing even have a job

I guess be a parasite, survive and reproduce? Probably just survive and reproduce in Sally's case. 

I think she can ideally discover a way to replicate the process by which she herself was made, but I doubt it will be efficient or easy. 

The Thing just needs to help Jack with his Christmas plan, save Santa and defeat Boogey man. Nothing a flesh-eating-and-then-replicating-with-all-memories-intact organism can't achieve with relative simplicity. 

Just saw The Thing a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I've seen a film handle paranoia quite like it. 

I'm not sure either could do the job, TBH. Sally definitely wouldn't do the assimilate-and-devour thing, and the Thing would be more focused on trying to consume the Halloweentown inhabitants than helping with the Christmas plan. 

15 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The Thing assimilates people down to their basic psychology. It has their memories, their personalities. If there's any horror icon that would excel in this terrain, it's him.

Echo this. Walking a mile in another's shoes is pretty much the Thing's way of life.

Although there may be an undercurrent of him trying to take over the town, if it is trying to achieve the scenario set out here then it has the perfect set of skills.