Slot: The Team's Hunter
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Deathstroke at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: PREP TIME

Slade has taken down some of DC's best. He's also one of DC's absolute best with prep time, and he thinks several times faster than normal humans. With a full month to study Scrooge and prepare, Slade should at least be more competent than any other foe Scrooge has faced. 

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Slade has taken down some of DC's best. He's also one of DC's absolute best with prep time, and he thinks several times faster than normal humans. With a full month to study Scrooge and prepare, Slade should at least be more competent than any other foe Scrooge has faced. 

Scrooge survived Magica de Spell however. Both versions of Ducktales. Even used his cane to sword fight and deflect her staff in the reboot. 

Just imagine Scrooge McDuck sword fighting Slade with a cane without breaking a sweat. 

I think Deathstroke has a clear advantage over Scrooge McDuck in terms of physical and mental abilities. He is stronger, faster, more durable, more skilled, and more ruthless than Scrooge. He also has a month to prepare for the hunt, which gives him enough time to study Scrooge’s habits, weaknesses, and defenses. He could easily infiltrate Scrooge’s Money Bin, bypass his security systems, and ambush him. Scrooge, on the other hand, would not be aware of Deathstroke’s existence, let alone his intentions. He would be caught off guard and overwhelmed by Deathstroke’s attack. Even if Scrooge managed to put up a fight, he would not be able to match Deathstroke’s superior firepower and combat prowess. Scrooge’s only chance of survival would be to use his cunning, his wealth, or his allies to somehow escape or distract Deathstroke, but that would be very unlikely.

Therefore, I conclude that Deathstroke would win this hunt against Scrooge McDuck. He is simply too powerful and prepared for Scrooge to handle. Scrooge may be rich, but Deathstroke is deadly.

I think the richest cartoon character in existence should technically have stronger anti break-in defenses than those that were shown to us as audience. I mean it would make sense for him to at least have bodyguards with him at all times and have some ultra technologically advanced defense systems installed. But because Scrooge comes from more lighthearted cartoons it was never elaborated on, so I'm gonna have to go with Deathstroke. If Scrooge lived in Deathstroke's universe I can imagine him having more intricate and deadlier mansion. 

Just noticed that we tend to get matched up often in these Drafts, Movie-Brat. :) 

On 12/5/2023 at 4:59 PM, Movie-Brat said:

Scrooge survived Magica de Spell however. Both versions of Ducktales.

And Deathstroke has defeated Zatanna in the comics a few times, who has comparable magic power. 

On 12/5/2023 at 4:59 PM, Movie-Brat said:

Even used his cane to sword fight and deflect her staff in the reboot. 

Just imagine Scrooge McDuck sword fighting Slade with a cane without breaking a sweat. 

On 12/5/2023 at 8:00 PM, Movie-Brat said:

Don't know which issue but Scrooge McDuck once soloed people who'd be far stronger than him and won.

7 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

Just saying, since he can take multiple people of different combat capabilities, no reason he can't be Deathstroke.

Deathstroke has notable battles against multiple opponents at once, too, and said opponents are often very skilled fighters and/or have superpowers

As the first link shows, Slade's also good at taunting his opponents to let their guard down. Going toe-to-toe for a prolonged period may not be the wisest move for Scrooge. 

Deathstroke also gets to know his target's environment very well, such as Gotham City

Scrooge's toon force may help him out to extent, but he has been KO'd, captured, and almost killed before. 

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Just noticed that we tend to get matched up often in these Drafts, Movie-Brat. :) 

And Deathstroke has defeated Zatanna in the comics a few times, who has comparable magic power. 

Deathstroke has notable battles against multiple opponents at once, too, and said opponents are often very skilled fighters and/or have superpowers

As the first link shows, Slade's also good at taunting his opponents to let their guard down. Going toe-to-toe for a prolonged period may not be the wisest move for Scrooge. 

Deathstroke also gets to know his target's environment very well, such as Gotham City

Scrooge's toon force may help him out to extent, but he has been KO'd, captured, and almost killed before. 

Always gets back on top though. Remember, he works smarter, not harder. 

McDuck is likely to find a kink in Deathstroke to exploit. Besides, Deathstroke gets annoyingly written overpowered anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Always gets back on top though. Remember, he works smarter, not harder. 

McDuck is likely to find a kink in Deathstroke to exploit.

Eh, Deathstroke is intellectually and tactically a different animal that what Scrooge usually goes up against. Scrooge also often needs help from friends and family for some of his toughest foes, and Slade is tactical enough to keep them out of the way at least long enough to focus strictly on Scrooge. 

32 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Besides, Deathstroke gets annoyingly written overpowered anyway. 

With that, you won't get much argument from me. :) That's why I may leave his Infinite Crisis feat of countering several Leaguers at once out of these debates. 

9 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, Deathstroke is intellectually and tactically a different animal that what Scrooge usually goes up against. Scrooge also often needs help from friends and family for some of his toughest foes, and Slade is tactical enough to keep them out of the way at least long enough to focus strictly on Scrooge. 

With that, you won't get much argument from me. :) That's why I may leave his Infinite Crisis feat of countering several Leaguers at once out of these debates. 

Even still, his feats shouldn't be ignored that he can hold his own in battle and won. Toon force is still different than what Deathstroke is used to. Besides, Deathstroke lost to Batman multiple times. 

I think rich guys are the guy's weakness.

Eh, couldn't quite focus on this as much as I wanted. 

On 12/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, Movie-Brat said:

Even still, his feats shouldn't be ignored that he can hold his own in battle and won. Toon force is still different than what Deathstroke is used to.

Deathstroke has a sizeable number of feats as well, such as drawing blood on Kong Kenan (who essentially has Kryptonian-level strength) and tagging Kid Flash. He also occasionally wields equipment that allows him to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Superman

Also, as mentioned, Slade studies his targets to learn their tendencies and weaknesses and prepare accordingly. 

On 12/6/2023 at 9:48 PM, Movie-Brat said:

Besides, Deathstroke lost to Batman multiple times. 

I think rich guys are the guy's weakness.

Batman has actually lost at least as much to Slade as vice versa, with Batman only winning due to Slade being weakened somehow beforehand. On even footing, DS generally has the edge.  

6 hours ago, UMPIRE said:

Match Final Results

Scrooge McDuck: 7
Deathstroke: 10

This was fairly close, and rightfully so. 

19 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, couldn't quite focus on this as much as I wanted. 

Deathstroke has a sizeable number of feats as well, such as drawing blood on Kong Kenan (who essentially has Kryptonian-level strength) and tagging Kid Flash. He also occasionally wields equipment that allows him to go toe-to-toe with the likes of Superman

Also, as mentioned, Slade studies his targets to learn their tendencies and weaknesses and prepare accordingly. 

Batman has actually lost at least as much to Slade as vice versa, with Batman only winning due to Slade being weakened somehow beforehand. On even footing, DS generally has the edge.  

That's what I mean when I say he's overpowered. Still, Scrooge should have won this. No offense. 

On 12/9/2023 at 9:44 PM, Movie-Brat said:

That's what I mean when I say he's overpowered.

Compared to Toon Force masters like Bugs Bunny, lol? Most of the hunters are at a disadvantage with that factored in. 

On 12/9/2023 at 9:44 PM, Movie-Brat said:

Still, Scrooge should have won this. No offense. 

Frankly, it could've gone either way. I wouldn't have been surprised if Slade lost this one by three votes.