Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ebenezer Scrooge at this Wiki
Official Site: Charles Dickens

Battle Terrain
Christmas Vs. Halloween: Fear vs. Joy
Challenge_1_Fear_vs_Joy.png

Scrooge was only "joyful" at the end of the Carol, before that he was apt at spreading just as much fear as Jason and the others could, terrorizing both his family and his hometown repeatedly.

By the end, he wasn't fully adapted to the idea of spreading joy to people, but he was better on a smaller scale at least.

Jason likewise, is notable, outside of his movie lore, but within it, tends to not veer too far from Crystal Lake.

Barring a few exceptions, his influence and fear tend to be limited to the people in the areas around where he lives, so on a global scale he'll struggle even more than Scrooge here.

Keep in mind Scrooge becomes "as good a friend, as good a master, as good a man as the good old city knew, or any other good old city, town, or borough in the good old world." He is renowned for his goodness at the end of the novel. Crystal Lake is smaller than London. Scrooge ftw.

I like Scrooge here to be honest. As mentioned, he's described not just as a good guy, but as good a guy as you could know. He's a model, upstanding Christmas fan who does everything he can with his cast fortune to help and spread joy. He can spread joy to thousands of people easily. Jason works in the shadows and targets small numbers

I kind of lean Jasón. In our world, serial killers gain more fame and fear than philanthropic millionaires spread joy. I would think Jasón would become a pretty big deal nationwide, whereas Scrooge might be a social media post for two weeks.

8 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I kind of lean Jasón. In our world, serial killers gain more fame and fear than philanthropic millionaires spread joy. I would think Jasón would become a pretty big deal nationwide, whereas Scrooge might be a social media post for two weeks.

I mean we have universities and music halls named for philanthropic efforts from 100 years ago, but very few people remember Albert Fish even if he was an extremely prolific serial killer in his day. Or compare and contrast Bill Gates and Ted Bundy. I think you undersell how much we value gratitude.

1 hour ago, Twogunkid said:

I mean we have universities and music halls named for philanthropic efforts from 100 years ago, but very few people remember Albert Fish even if he was an extremely prolific serial killer in his day. Or compare and contrast Bill Gates and Ted Bundy. I think you undersell how much we value gratitude.

Fair enough. People know who Jack the Ripper is, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Gein, etc. There is a cottage industry built around True crime, and while folks know Bill Gates, it’s not purely based on philanthropy. I just think it’s hard to spread joy in the way Scrooge would.

I, too, think Ebenezer could do more spreading with his much-superior resources. 

😐

There are so many ways to take that statement. 😅

If we’re going by the Jason X timeline then Jason Voorhees was such an unstoppable killing machine the United States government had to get involved and planned to cryogenically freeze Jason in order to finally stop him. Heck over 400 years latter Jason was still well known enough that his body was considered to be worth millions! No matter how charitable Scrooge might have eventually become I highly doubt his actions would have been remembered 400 years in the future.

I mean the generosity of Nicholas of Bari more commonly known as Saint Nicholas has taken on a life of it's own 1700 years later