Slot: The Team's Mascot
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Barbie at this Wiki
Official Site: Mattel

Battle Terrain
Team Mascot Challenge: Silent Hill

I think this is a poor scenario for both combatants. Dig 'em Frog is probably closer to Silent Hill than Barbie is, but neither fits well, and based on their ability to sell, Barbie is much more widely known in that regard. Overall, I'm not super sold either way, but Barbie is more malleable and recognizable. 

10 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Barbie is a strong marketing brand though. More so than Dig surely. I think she has the easier time with this

She is a bigger brand, but that can definitely work against her. Her brand is very family-friendly and clean. Any deviation from that is going to be met with extreme resistance and outrage by a large sector of Barbie's fanbase

I will say this, the problem with Silent Hill is the fact that most people that go there are haunted by their own sins. But since Barbie appeals to a bigger mass of people, and most of them happen to be little girls, I don't really necessarily think the Pyramid Head would go after them. Their father who lied about being on a business trip last time however, he might have it coming.

• Haha 1

I have to go with Dig-Em Frog, here.

As seen in the advertisement, linked, the Frog routinely helps kids get past the "weird" look of the cereal and just enjoy it.

And what's more weird than a property you are selling in Silent Hill?  Go on, just give it a try...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox said:

I have to go with Dig-Em Frog, here.

As seen in the advertisement, linked, the Frog routinely helps kids get past the "weird" look of the cereal and just enjoy it.

And what's more weird than a property you are selling in Silent Hill?  Go on, just give it a try...

I came into this ready to vote Barbie but you know what, this argument has me leaning Dig-Em Frog now. Well done.

Dig ‘Em fits the aesthetic a bit of Silent Hill. Don’t they have those weird rabbit looking things? 

Either way, I think Dig ‘Em connects a bit better than Barbie. It’s a hard sell when you’re as far apart from the brand as SH and Barb

Of the 250+ jobs barbie has had, I don't think Real Estate Agent was one of them.

That was the angle I was looking at for Barbie but without that experience, I think I'm leaning towards Dig'em. 

7 minutes ago, IKA said:

Of the 250+ jobs barbie has had, I don't think Real Estate Agent was one of them.

That was the angle I was looking at for Barbie but without that experience, I think I'm leaning towards Dig'em. 

I mean, it's fair to state that for Barbie as a con, but surely logic dictates the same for the Frog? He's not really into real estate either.

21 minutes ago, IKA said:

She might not be a real estate agent, but she is a Travel Agent and interior designer. Known for her houses, vacations, and life style. 

32 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I mean, it's fair to state that for Barbie as a con, but surely logic dictates the same for the Frog? He's not really into real estate either.

I meant as far as what I was thinking, I was going to vote for her on the basis that I believed she had real estate experience. After looking inton it I learned that she did not have that experience. It took away what I saw as the advantage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IKA said:

I meant as far as what I was thinking, I was going to vote for her on the basis that I believed she had real estate experience. After looking inton it I learned that she did not have that experience. It took away what I saw as the advantage. 

I understand. I was simply pointing out that. Being a travel agent is almost as relevant to selling a vacation destination as being a real estate agent and being an experienced interior designer doesn't hurt.

10 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

I understand. I was simply pointing out that. Being a travel agent is almost as relevant to selling a vacation destination as being a real estate agent and being an experienced interior designer doesn't hurt.

That was in reply to @Macklemore.

I do see your point on this one, but I'm not so sure she could sell someone on Silent Hill. She may be able to dress the home up a bit, but the city is more the issue here. 

On the other hand, do you see how souless those children looked in that commercial @Fox posted? They'll be old enough to be home owners now too..

6 minutes ago, IKA said:

That was in reply to @Macklemore.

I do see your point on this one, but I'm not so sure she could sell someone on Silent Hill. She may be able to dress the home up a bit, but the city is more the issue here. 

On the other hand, do you see how souless those children looked in that commercial @Fox posted? They'll be old enough to be home owners now too..

She is also an ordained minister, experienced law enforcement officer, construction worker, UNICEF ambassador, teacher, politician, and Starfleet engineer. She has the necessary skills to clean up the town and make potential buyers feel safe. 

3 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

She is also an ordained minister, experienced law enforcement officer, construction worker, UNICEF ambassador, teacher, politician, and Starfleet engineer. She has the necessary skills to clean up the town and make potential buyers feel safe. 

That is a very hard sell there, but I'll bite. How do you imagine she goes about doing all that in Silent Hill?

Oooh, hard sell for both. Dig 'em might have an edge since he's less human (obviously, lol), but both he and Barbie are too cutesy for this. 

On 11/28/2023 at 6:16 PM, IKA said:

That is a very hard sell there, but I'll bite. How do you imagine she goes about doing all that in Silent Hill?

To be honest I didn't come up with a point by point plan for Barbie to pull this off, but I'm also not the billionaire, CEO, genius, former president, that she is. I was simply pointing out that she has the requisite skill set, experience, and resources to not only sell a vacation home, but also likely clean up a town if needed.

All that aside. Lets be real for a moment. We all know in real life and attractive, successful, woman with a successful brand is gonna have an easier time selling real estate than a frog monster.

3 hours ago, RiotGear said:

To be honest I didn't come up with a point by point plan for Barbie to pull this off, but I'm also not the billionaire, CEO, genius, former president, that she is. I was simply pointing out that she has the requisite skill set, experience, and resources to not only sell a vacation home, but also likely clean up a town if needed.

All that aside. Lets be real for a moment. We all know in real life and attractive, successful, woman with a successful brand is gonna have an easier time selling real estate than a frog monster.

True. Well you changed my mind and got my vote.

10 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Except the real estate in question is exactly the kind that a frog monster would be better to sell. Someone isn’t approaching Barbie with this kind of thing, just the mention of death sends her into some sort of existential  turbulence.

2 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Except the real estate in question is exactly the kind that a frog monster would be better to sell. Someone isn’t approaching Barbie with this kind of thing, just the mention of death sends her into some sort of existential  turbulence.

Why would the frog monster be better at it? Outside of a very niche crowd, people are gonna buy, because the seller convinced them it was safe or somehow valuable. Barbie is the kind of person who would excel in sales and we know she does.

As for death bothering her. That seems unlikely for someone who is doctor, paramedic, army medic, firefighter, UNICEF ambassador, priest, Cop, military member, president. You don't get and maintain those jobs/positions if the mention of death causes you existential turbulence.

2 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Why would the frog monster be better at it? Outside of a very niche crowd, people are gonna buy, because the seller convinced them it was safe or somehow valuable. Barbie is the kind of person who would excel in sales and we know she does.

As for death bothering her. That seems unlikely for someone who is doctor, paramedic, army medic, firefighter, UNICEF ambassador, priest, Cop, military member, president. You don't get and maintain those jobs/positions if the mention of death causes you existential turbulence.

The Margot Robbie Barbie is undone by the idea of death, and she is the composite version of Barbie. Barbie itself fits in a very neat, capitalist, consumer-driven structure. Silent Hill is the antithesis of all these things. Dig ‘Em is sugar and chaos, the exact kind of creature that would fit in with the sort of unearthly horror.

If clientele are looking for these sort of real estate, I imagine Dig Em would be more what they want to see than Barbie. That’s why I think Dig Em fits.

32 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

The Margot Robbie Barbie is undone by the idea of death, and she is the composite version of Barbie. Barbie itself fits in a very neat, capitalist, consumer-driven structure. Silent Hill is the antithesis of all these things. Dig ‘Em is sugar and chaos, the exact kind of creature that would fit in with the sort of unearthly horror.

If clientele are looking for these sort of real estate, I imagine Dig Em would be more what they want to see than Barbie. That’s why I think Dig Em fits.

Margot Barbie isn't a composite version. She is a doll, of the character, being played with by a child, not the character herself. Think of it like Lego Batman, in the Lego movie.

If the clientele is specifically lookinh to buy in Silent Hill. It won't matter who they are buying from. Though they might find it funny/ironic to buy from Barbie, any way.

That is to say Barbie has a much better chance of appealing to a larger demographic of buyers. Which is something you typically want in sales.