Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 19615 Tabitha Smith vs. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)

JohnnyChany

"ARE YOU TABITHA?"

image.png.f3abee4a69905877854eb078250bcebf.png

(Although this isn't the MCU version of Kate Bishop, the fight is inspired by this scene from the Hawkeye series)

One night, Tabitha Smith, aka Boom Boom, and her longtime former teammate and erstwhile partner, Roberto Da Costa, aka Sunspot, decided to take a night out on the town in New York City to decompress from their daily stress.

“I’ll drive,” Roberto offered.

“That won’t be necessary,” Tabitha countered. She pulled out her cell phone. “I’m all about the Uber these days. If we decide to intake a little too much alcohol, it won’t be a problem.”

Roberto shrugged. Tabitha turned to her phone to order them a ride, but was met with an unexpected roadblock.

“Wait.. this says I have been banned from Uber, but how? Why?”

Roberto smiled. “Don’t worry about it. Like I said, I can drive.”

Unfortunately for the duo, Tabitha was fixated on this unfortunate news the entire night and could not enjoy herself.

“Customer Service says that I have endangered the lives of too many Uber drivers by subjecting them to life threatening danger,” stated Tabitha.

“We do live hectic lives,” said Roberto.

“But, I have never been in a fight during an Uber ride before.”

“Maybe it’s some sort of mix-up.”

“But how can I prove that?”

“Between all the mutants that we know I am sure there is someone who can help,” Roberto suggested.

That someone came in the form of the mutant Trinary, Shilpa Khatri. The following day Tabitha reached out to her, desperate for help. Trinary agreed to meet in coffee shop in Queens.

“What you’re asking for isn’t exactly the way my technopathy works,” explained Trinary. “Not to mention that going into a private company's customer files is highly illegal and we are trying to rehabilitate the mutant image amongst the human population.”

“C’mon you have to help me. This is a travesty that is taking place,” Tabitha insisted.

“For you.”

“Not just for me, who knows what other identities are being used by this mysterious person. We are talking about more than just identity theft. If this person is endangering the lives of Uber drivers around the country then someone needs to step in before it gets worse and someone loses their life.”

“Fine. Let me see what I can do.”

Shilpa left and then returned in less than an hour.

“I found out who was using your name,” she announced.

“What villain is it?” asked Tabitha.

“Actually, not a villain. It’s Kate Bishop, also known as the new Hawkeye, for the young Avengers,” Trinary reported. “Why she was using your name, I’m unsure. She is already using a different name now.”

“Well of course, my name is banned now.” Tabitha gritted her teeth. “She has some nerve doing this to me.”

After thanking Trinary, Tabitha Smith began her hunt for the hero that was ruining her name. She found Kate Bishop the next night exiting a swanky looking building in Manhattan.

“Hey you, Avenger!” Tabitha called out. “I have a bone to pick with you.”

Kate quickly turned around and drew her bow in one quick motion.

A small time bomb began to form in Tabitha’s hand. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

“Who are you and what do you want?” Kate asked.

“My name is Tabitha and I want to know why you wre using my name for your Uber account.”

“Your name is Tabitha Smith?”

The blonde X-Force member nodded. Kate took notice of the glowing orb in Tabitha’s palm.

“And it appears that you are  a mutant,” Kate noted.

“As if you didn’t know when you were trashing my reputation,” Tabitha sneered.

“What are you talking about?”

“You got me banned from Uber. I can’t order a ride anymore because of all the crazy things you did while riding an Uber in my name!”

Kate empathized. “Ohh, sorry about that. That sucks. It wasn’t intentional. When you’re a Young Avenger, sometimes trouble finds you.”

“Why did you use MY name?!?”

“Honestly, I just picked a random name. It’s better to have anonymity when things go down,” Kate reasoned.

“You expect me to believe that it was a coincidence that a member of the Young Avengers used the name of an X-Force member after all the history between the Avengers and the X-Men?” Tabitha accused.

“No offense, but I had no idea you even existed until this moment,” Kate shot back. “There are A LOT of mutant heroes in that X-Men extended family thing. I don’t keep a little black book of all the names.”

Tabitha felt insulted and it only added to her anger. “Whatever the reason, you need to fix this. NOW!”

“Thing is I can’t exactly do that without creating a lot of heat on my own name. It’s bad enough with my father’s legacy, I don’t want to add to that. There may be something else we can work out.”

The glowing orb in Tabitha’s hand grew in size. “No deal!”

Kate was taken aback. “You really want to fight over this?”

5 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Gonna side with Kate here. She seems to be the underdog in this fight.

I think I agree with this. Tabitha might think she has a surefire win, but Kate has longer range and can definitely abuse that better on top of being a better HtH fighter.

Good write up Leroy. I really enjoyed MCU’s Hawkeye myself.

If this is comics Kate then she’ll probably win. I might be biased but I just think she’s shown to have a bit more combat experience and her trick arrows will give her more options then Tabitha’s one note powers.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Macklemore

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.20 Total Combined Score
14.20 / 3 = 4.73 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Tabitha Smith: 1
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): 4