Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 19456 Sesame Street vs. Hundred Acre Wood Gang

*THE FOLLOWING BROADCAST IS BEING PRESENTED BY THE TRANSDIMENSIONAL COMBAT COMMISSION.  ALL COMBATANTS MUST AGREE TO FOLLOW TCC GUIDELINES AT ALL TIMES.  SAFETY OF ATENDEES IS NOT GUARANTEED.*

*THIS IS BATTLE WAS PRE-RECORDED IN THE BUNKER DURING THE REIGN OF THE 9.* 

Al Rossi: HelloOoOoOoOo, fight fans!  It’s Al and Andel, back in the Bunker to bring you some 9-less action! 

Andel Sanap: And certainly a curious one, Al.  I’m sure the fans are wondering what kind of conflict they will be witnessing given the combatants featured. 

Al Rossi: No kidding!  It’s an athletic battle between the friendly faces of our childhoods: The characters of Sesame Street and the Hundred Acre Woods!  Now, some of you bloodthirsty viewers might be a little disappointed that we aren’t going to be getting an all-out brawl today.  But considering the temperaments of all of our ‘combatants’, we’ve set up a contest that should prove be very interesting.  Welcome to Bunker Baseball! 

Andel Sanap: I have heard you describing this game for some time.  I didn’t expect my first exposure to it would be provided by teams of stuffed animals and friendly monsters. 

Al Rossi: But they are all at least familiar with the rules of the game.  Officially this will be the Hundred Acre Woods Hunny Pots vs the Sesame Street All Stars, in front a crowd of excited fans in our baseball field set up on our asteroid home away from TCC Arena.  Already we can see our teams milling about the field and stretching out.  How would you like to run through the batting order for the Sesame Street crew, Andel? 

Andel Sanap: Well, if you insist.  The ‘leadoff hitter’ will be Cookie Monster, who will also be playing 2nd base.  Next will be Telly Monster at right field and Zoe at shortstop.  Grover will be at cleanup and at center, followed by Big Bird at 1st and Oscar the Grouch who will be catcher.  7th is Elmo at 3rd base, 8th is Ernie at left, and finally Bert at pitcher.  The manager will be the beloved Bob Johnson. 

Al Rossi: Nicely done, Andel!  Now let’s go through the Hundred Acre Woods team.  Tigger, despite being the pitcher, has also volunteered to hit leadoff.  2nd base-bear, Winnie the Pooh will hit second, then left fielder Rabbit, then 1st base-bird Owl to cleanup.  Center fielder Kanga will bat next, followed by 3rd base-gopher… uh Gopher, right fielder Roo, catcher Eeyore, and bringing up the rear will be the shortstop Piglet.  And of course, their friend Christopher Robin will be managing from the dugout. 

Andel Sanap: 9 innings of baseball with our own officials calling the balls and strikes.  Umm, Al?  What’s Chloe doing on the field? 

Al Rossi: Huh?  We aren’t going to be doing any interviews before the game! 

Chloe Bourgeois: Helloooo, everyone!  Despite being from France, I’ve managed to learn all about your cute little American game of… uh baseball.  And I know that the way you start these things is to sing the national anthem!  And who better to sing it than… me! 

Al Rossi: Oh boy. 

Andel Sanap: I’ve got a bad feeling about this. 

Chloe Bourgeois: So stand up!  Put your hands on your hearts, and listen to the best rendition of the national anthem you’ve ever heard! 

Ahem. 

Ohhhh, say can you SeEeEeEeE!   By the twilight’s last GLEEEEEEEAMING! 

Al Rossi: Well, I haven’t heard the national anthem sung quite that way before. 

Andel Sanap: Here comes the official!  I believe he is throwing Miss Bourgeois out of the game! 

Al Rossi: As Chloe storms off, I think we can gloss over the anthem.  The Hunny Pots take the field on defense as Cookie Monster steps up to the bat.  Eeyore stands behind him with a catcher’s mitt in his mouth.  Tigger warms up on the mound. 

Tigger: Okay, buddy boy!  Hope you’re ready for my knuckle-under-sideways-overhead-curveball!  With a half a twist of lemonade! 

Cookie Monster: Me no want lemonade!  Me want home run!  And cookies! 

Rabbit: Tigger!  You’re not supposed to tell the batter what you’re pitching! 

Big Bird: Good luck, Cookie Monster!  You can do it! 

Referee: Combatants ready?  3!  2!  1!  Play ball! 

OK:

Sesame Street All Stars: Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Elmo, Telly Monster, Grover, and Ernie. 

Hundred Acre Woods Hunny Pots: Tigger, Eeyore, Owl, Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Gopher, Roo, Kanga, and Rabbit. 

9 innings of baseball, extra innings if necessary.  Rules loosely enforced given the players involved. 

Game On! 

• Haha 2

This is the kind of quality content I come to this site for. 

I don't know who would be worse for their own team between Oscar and Eeyore. I honestly kind of think the Hundred Acre Woods gang would be more motivated to win. Most of the Monsters are pretty chill and just want to have fun, whereas a lot of the Pooh gang are more energetic and competitive

• Like 1

Very nice set-up and concept, broadway. Putting legendary children's show characters in a baseball game is something quite a few people probably didn't know they needed. :D 

As for the match, I'm also thinking the Hundred Acre Woods gang has a solid chance. Bob likely has more experience with baseball than Christopher, so the managerial edge may go to him. The HAW gang, though, Pooh and maybe Piglet aside, likely has the athletic edge. If Grover's allowed to go Super Grover, he could conceivably catch a lot of flyballs, but it's just as likely he'll go crashing through walls, etc., instead. 

Gotta think about this one. 

• Like 1

Very interesting scenario.

Well after mulling it over I gotta give it to the HAW team. Most of the Sesame Street gang are tiny hand puppets, doubt they’ll have much hitting or throwing power. Big Bird and Cookie Monster are obvious exceptions but they can’t be relied on for everything, especially Cookie who might eventually get hungry and leave the game to look for cookies. Pooh and his squad are for the most part bigger and meatier so I think they’ll have the athleticism to win this.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.00 - Boratz
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
12.70 Total Combined Score
12.70 / 3 = 4.23 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Sesame Street: 1
Hundred Acre Wood Gang: 5

• 2 weeks later...

(After a rain delay, here is finally) THE BOTTOM LINE

Al Rossi: We’re back, folks!  It’s the bottom of the 9th, score tied 1 to 1!  The Hunny Pots were the first on the board when Roo hit a grounder that allowed Kanga to score in the 3rd inning.  Unfortunately, the All Stars were able to catch Roo and Gopher in a double play as Elmo made an impressive throw to second base. 

Andel Sanap: But then the game tightened up in the 7th, when Zoe hit a solo home run to put the All Stars on the board.  And that brings us to where we are now.  Bert, the pitcher for the Sesame Street team, has thrown an excellent game and has managed to strike out Gopher and Roo.  We may be going into extra innings, Al. 

Al Rossi: During the break we could see Hunny Pot manager Christopher Robin giving some encouragement to this team.  Now he is stepping into the batter’s box to once again pinch hit for Eeyore.  Oscar is in his garbage can behind Christopher with his catcher’s mitt.  Bert goes into his stance.  The wind up.  The pitch!  Strike one called! 

Ernie: Way to go, Bert!  You’re doing great! 

Bert: Will you be quiet, Ernie?! I’m trying to concentrate! 

Bob Johnson: Keep it together, All Stars!  Take your time and throw when your ready, Ernie! 

Oscar the Grouch: Don’t take too long!  I’m falling asleep back here! 

Piglet: B b be careful, Christopher Robin! 

Al Rossi: Christopher squares up in the batter’s box.  Bert looks for the signal from Oscar, who’s just sitting bored in his garbage can.  And the pitch…. Bouncing ball towards right field!  Christopher takes off running as Grover and Telly Monster rush for the ball! 

Grover: I got it! 

Telly Monster: I got it! 

Andel Sanap: …And the ball bounces between the two monsters. 

Telly Monster: I thought you had it! 

Grover: But you said you had it! 

Oscar the Grouch: One of you get it or you’re gonna get it! 

Al Rossi: Christopher rounds first, and he’s heading for second!  Telly scrambles and leaps on the ball, heaving it to Cookie Monster who catches it, but not before Christopher is called safe. 

Cookie Monster: Wow!  Me have never seen anybody run that fast!  Even when me is looking for cookies! 

Christopher Robin: Thank you, err Mr. Monster.  Okay, Eeyore, you can take my place at second base. 

Eeyore: Of course, I’m always second. 

Christopher Robin: And, Piglet, now it’s your turn at bat. 

Piglet: *gulp* Again?  Couldn’t you bat for me instead? 

Winnie the Pooh: Be brave, little Piglet.  It’s just a game. 

Piglet: Yes, but a game where a very fast ball could hit a very small animal! 

Al Rossi: Piglet cautiously creeps into the batter’s box.  His bat is shaking in his grip.  Bert looks and deals! 

Piglet: OH DDDDDDDear! 

Andel Sanap: The ball breezed high past Piglet’s head, sending dropping to the dirt protect himself! 

Oscar the Grouch: Don’t worry, pork chop.  That ball doesn’t hurt… much.  Heh heh heh. 

Tigger: Hmph!  Says the green Spookable in a trash can! 

Oscar the Grouch: Mind your own business, stripes for brains! 

Big Bird: Oscar!  That isn’t being a good sport!  This is just for fun! 

Oscar the Grouch: The only fun this Grouch knows is when he’s winning!  So let’s play ball already! 

Al Rossi: That will be ball 1.  1-0 the count.  Bert delivers the pitch… and it’s right down the middle for a strike!  Piglet is so scared he didn’t even swing! 

Owl: I say!  The speed of that ball reminds me of the time when my Uncle Bartholomew got his tail feathers caught in a tornado! 

Rabbit: Everyone just be quiet!   Can’t you see Piglet is trying to concentrate?! 

Winnie the Pooh: But you’re the only one yelling, Rabbit. 

Rabbit: Oh.  Ahem.  Yes. 

Al Rossi: 1-1 the count.  Piglet has his eyes closed tight and is holding the bat in front of his face.  The pitch!  IT’S A BUNT!  It hit the bat flush!  The ball bounces passed the pitchers mound and Piglet’s in shock! 

Christopher Robin: Run for it, Piglet! 

Piglet: Oh, ddddddddear dear dear! 

Andel Sanap: Piglet darts madly to first!  Zoe picks up the ball! 

Zoe: Heads up, Big Bird! 

Al Rossi: Piglet dives for the plate!  Here comes the ball!  Umpire signals… SAFE!  Piglet is curled on the first base, and the Hunny Pots have runners at first and second!  Things are getting dicey for the All Stars! 

Andel Sanap: Ernie is calling for timeout.  He goes to the mound to talk with Bert. 

Ernie: Are you feeling okay, Bert?  You’re supposed to strike the other team out. 

Bert: I know that! 

Ernie: If they hit the ball again they could score, Bert. 

Bert: I know that, Ernie!  I’m just having trouble with the ball!  I keep losing my grip on it! 

Ernie: Well, if the ball’s no good, why not use something else? 

Bert: Like what? 

POP! 

Ernie: Your nose, Bert!  Hehehe! 

Bert: Cut that out, and give that back! 

Referee: Alright!  Let’s play ball! 

Bob Johnson: You heard the umpire!  Everybody move back!  You too, Ernie.  And please give Bert his nose back. 

Ernie: Okay, Bob. 

Al Rossi: Ernie tosses Bert his nose and the official gives him a new ball as Tigger bounces into the batter’s box! 

Tigger: Hoo hoo hoo!  Now to show ya some real baseballin’! 

Oscar the Grouch: Oh shut up and swing! 

Andel Sanap: The All Stars are moving into the outfield in preparation of a hit from Tigger. 

Al Rossi: Bert glares back at Ernie, and deals.  LINE DRIVE!  That’s a base hit!  Eeyore scrambles to third and Piglet moves to second!  The ball goes to center and is picked up by Grover!  A mighty heave that goes over the head of Cookie Monster but is snagged by Bert!  Everyone stays right where they are!  We got 2 outs, bases loaded, a tie game, and the bear with very little brain stepping up to the plate! 

Roo: Yay, Pooh Bear! 

Gopher: Let ‘em have it, sonny! 

Kanga: And be careful, dear! 

Rabbit: Remember, Pooh Bear!  You need to trust your instincts!  Don’t think to hard about it! 

Winnie the Pooh: Don’t worry, Rabbit.  Hmm hmm.  I don’t think hard about much of anything! 

Big Bird: You can do it, Bert! 

Bert: Uh… yeah.  Yeah, I can.  Right. 

Al Rossi: Bert goes to his stance and Pooh is at the ready.  One clean hit will be all it takes to win it for the Hunny Pots!  The pitch!  Swing and a miss!  Bert put his whole body into that one! 

Winnie the Pooh: Oh bother! 

Elmo: It’s ok, Bert!  Elmo believes in you! 

Telly Monster: Oh, I can’t look! 

Al Rossi: Bert delivers again!  Strike two called!  0-2 is the count and Bert is one strike away from getting out of this jam and sending us into extra innings! 

Winnie the Pooh: And another bother! 

Oscar the Grouch: If I were you, fluff n stuff, I’d give up and go back to the woods. 

Winnie the Pooh: But you are not me!  Unless I’m not myself today. 

Ernie: One more and you got ‘em, Bert! 

Bert: Ernie!  Just let me concentrate! 

Andel Sanap: There’s a wild pitch from Bert! 

Al Rossi: That’s a ball, 1-2 the count.  Pooh takes a deep breath and squares up.  Bert looks to first base, and the pitch.  It’s a flyball to right!  It’s going far!  It’s got a CHAAAAAAAAAAANCE GONE!  A HOME RUN FOR THE HUNNY POTS!  A GRAND SLAM WINS IT!  Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, and Pooh round the bases as the All Stars stand in disbelief! 

Andel Sanap: After 9 innings of play, the final score will be the Hunny Pots winning 5 to 1!  A very exciting game, Al.  Perhaps we may have a few more of them here at the Bunker. 

Al Rossi: I’d be glad to see it!  Well, folks, as the Hunny Pots celebrate and shake hands with the good sports from Sesame Street, we will bid you a found farewell from the Bunker.  For Andel Sanap and all of our team, this is Al Rossi saying good nigh from Bunker Baseball! 

Christopher Robin: I’m so proud of you, Pooh! 

Winnie the Pooh: Oh, it was nothing, Christopher Robin.  Could we celebrate with some hunny? 

Big Bird: Don’t feel bad, Bert.  You did a great job! 

Ernie: Yeah, Bert.  That’s what really counts. 

Bert: Well, I guess your right. 

Oscar the Grouch: Blech!  Give me a break! 

Chloe Bourgeois: I know I couldn’t sing the anthem because that rude official interrupted me, but could I at least sing something for the postgame? 

Philippa Forrester: Only if you want to sing it from Oscar’s trash can. 

Chloe Bourgeois: Ridiculous!  Fine!  Baseball is a dumb game anyway!  HMPH!

• Like 1