Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Match 19074 Bucky Barnes vs. Robin (Jason Todd)

Mistress Death walked through the abandoned graveyard, her cloak brushing along the tombstones as she passed by.  Her skeletal face looked over the desolate scene with disinterest.  It was always annoying to be summoned away from her home dimension, let alone by someone that refused to reveal themselves. 

The sound of whistling cut through the silence, and Mistress Death could feel a familiar presence.  Letting out a sigh of irritation, Mistress Death turned around to see a beautiful woman dressed in black with dark hair and pale white skin walking through the mists into the graveyard.  The moonlight glinted off the ankh necklace around her neck.  The woman finished the cheerful tune as she stopped before the hooded and cloaked figure and smiled. 

“Well, hello there,” said Death of the Endless.  “It has been a while.  How have you been keeping yourself?”  Mistress Death said nothing as her eyeless sockets glared at her counterpart.  “Still trying to be as silent as the grave, are we?” Death of the Endless went on as she glanced around the terrain.  “Have you talked to Thanos lately?” 

Mistress Death extended her arm and a scythe appeared in her hands.  She swung the blade but stopped short at Death of the Endless’ neck.  Her grip tightened on her weapon as Death of the Endless stared back without fear.  “Very well then.  If you aren’t in the mood for small talk, maybe you can tell me something more important.  Like why anyone would want to summon two embodiments of Death to this place?”  Mistress Death stood frozen for a moment, then exhaled as she pulled back her scythe from Death of the Endless throat.  “You got the message too, didn’t you?” asked Death of the Endless.  “A call across realities that could only come from another embodiment of Death.  But which one?” 

There was a rush of wind as the mists around the two women grew heavier and swirled around them.  They looked on as the smoke twisted into an enormous cloud that loomed over them and gazed with two points of light where it’s eyes would be.  “Thank you for coming, sisters,” a voice hissed.  Mistress Death held her scythe at the ready as Death of the Endless stepped forward scowling.  “You are no family of mine.”  The cloud grew smaller and shaped itself into the form of Dream.  It walked up to Death of the Endless with arms outstretched.  “Now, now, sister.  Do we not share the same task in our realms?  The same duty?”  Death of the Endless pushed the shadow’s arms away from her.  “Do not talk to me about duty!  I know what you do in your reality!  You end lives with no mercy or pity.  And when some mortals escape your designs, you make them suffer for your own amusement.”  The shadow of Death reformed into the shape of Thanos and turned to Mistress Death.  “Do you agree with her, ‘my love’?”  Mistress Death tightened her grip on her scythe as the shadow of Death changed into the form of an African American man in a coroner’s uniform.  “All things must die, sisters.  I only act to make certain that the design is maintained.” 

Death of the Endless smirked.  “And what of those in your reality who are able to foresee their fate, and elude you?”  The shadow of Death looked on stone faced at her words.  “Did you ever wonder why they gained the power?  That perhaps it was your reality itself working against you, fighting back?  Knowing that if just enough people broke your precious ‘design’ it would bring about your destruction.” 

The shadow of Death melted back into it’s smoke form, enveloping it’s counterparts.  “Do not mock me, sisters!”  it’s voice boomed.  “Don’t think to lecture me about how I carry out my mission in my reality!  How many times have you allowed the beings in yours return from the grave and make a mockery of you?!” 

“And that, brother, is your problem,” said Death of the Endless.  “You set your design without any thought to who it effects, or whether it is truly their time to pass over.  And when your design fails, you take those lives not to set right the scales of life and death, but to soothe your own ego.” 

“ENOUGH!” The tombstones shook with the force the shadow’s voice, but Mistress Death and Death of the Endless stood firm.  The shadow of Death’s ‘eyes’ flickered as they loomed above them.  “Your words make no difference to what happens here tonight.  You received my summons and now you are here.  Which means my new design can begin… Now!” 

Two tendrils of darkness shot out of the shadow and impaled the two Deaths.  Death of the Endless cried out in agony and even Mistress Death growled and struggled to free herself.  “What… is this?!” Death of the Endless gasped.  “This, my dear sister,” said the shadow.  “Is the means to the end of one of you.  Even now your cosmic powers are flowing into me, allowing me to peer behind the veil into your planes of existence.  I have grown tired of settling for one reality.  And so, I shall bring order to the chaos of one yours!”  The two Deaths fell to their knees in pain as the shadow went on.  “But I shall be reasonable.  I shall select from both of your realities a champion.  One of the countless souls who you’ve allowed to cheat you.  If your champion is victorious, I will leave you to your reality.  But if they lose, both you and them shall die, and I shall assume sovereignty in your dimension.” 

There was the sound of a voice crying out.  The Deaths looked to see a figure in a red and blue outfit bolting upright in front of a tombstone.  The boy looked around in bewilderment and called out. “Cap?  Cap!  Where are you?!” 

“Never mind where are you,” a voice barked.  “How about starting with who are you?” 

Bucky Barnes turned to see a teenage boy in a red suit and a cape perched on the wall surrounding the graveyard.  “Listen, Zorro.  All I know is the last thing I remember is being stuck on a plane about to explode, the next thing I know I’m standing in Bela Lugosi’s summer home!”  Jason Todd flipped off the wall and landed on the ground in front of Bucky.  “Don’t give me that crap!  What is this?  Another one of the Joker’s games?  I want answers!  And you better start giving them!” 

Death of the Endless strained to look behind her at the shadow.  “Don’t you know what you’ve done?!  To take them out of there timelines this early will alter history regardless of who wins your stupid challenge!” 

“I shall correct the chaos that the both of you have allowed to persist in your realities.  And the correction begins here with them.  And with you.” 

“Look, let’s calm down a second, alright?” said Bucky, oblivious to the invisible struggle behind him.  “Here’s a better idea!” Jason snarled.  He leapt and delivered a kick towards Bucky who jumped aside.  The heel of Jason’s boot connected with a tombstone and cracked it.  Bucky held up his fists, ready to fight.  “Okay, pal.  You don’t want to calm down?  It’s your funeral.” 

OK:

Both Bucky and Jason have been plucked out of their timeline a few moments before their “deaths”.  Any injuries they had at the time have been healed and they are at full strength. 

Game On!

I got Bucky, Jason especially during his tenure as Robin was far too brash, arrogant, and short-sided during combat, his temper especially causing him and Batman loads of unneeded trouble. I see Bucky’s superior army training and cooler head allowing him to get the better of Jace.

• Like 1

Been a while in the Matches forum, broadway, and you haven't lost your touch. :) Good set-up. I kinda hope shadow of Death has enough plans for an arc. 

As for the match, the difference in combat skill between teenaged Bucky and Jason was probably negligible, but as mentioned, Bucky seemed to have a cooler head. As such, Bucky can likely take advantage of Jason's brashness for the win. 

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.60 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Yukimuraster90
5.00 - JohnnyChany

FPA Calculation:
7 Total Votes cast
33.60 Total Combined Score
33.60 / 7 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Bucky Barnes: 4
Robin (Jason Todd): 4

THE BOTTOM LINE

Mistress Death and Death of the Endless could only watch as the two young heroes battled.  Bucky swung with a left cross that Jason blocked.  He then trapped Bucky’s other arm to deliver a headbutt that pushed Captain America’s sidekick back.  “You should’ve just talked!” he snapped, pulling out a Batarang on a cord from out of his utility belt.  Bucky struggled to gather his bearings as Jason hurled the Batarang low.  It flew around Bucky’s legs and trapped them in the cord.  With a sharp yank from Jason, Bucky fell flat on his back onto a headstone. 

“Well played,” the shadow of Death hissed, dark energy glowing as it flowed from his counterparts into him.  “It won’t be long now.”  Death of the Endless gritted her teeth as she turned to look at Mistress Death straining to pick up her fallen scythe.  “We can’t let him do this, Mistress,” she said in a strained whisper.  “Jason Todd’s life impacts as many lives if my universe as Bucky Barnes does in yours.  The timelines would be shattered if they died now.”  Mistress Death’s skeletal face looked back at Death of the Endless with empty eye sockets.  Death of the Endless glanced back at the battle as Jason dragged the prone body of Bucky towards him.  “There isn’t much time, Mistress.  We can stop him, but we can’t do it on our own.”  Mistress Death paused in thought, then slowly nodded. 

Jason Todd pulled out another Batarang and stood over his opponent.  “And here I thought you would be more a fight than that.”  Bucky delivered a kick from his back that caught Jason right in the gut.  With the wind knocked out of him, Jason stumbled backwards into a stone statuette as Bucky ripped the cords from around his ankles.  “Well, pal,” he glared.  “I would hate to disappoint you!”  Before Jason could recover, Bucky charged in a deliver a series of punches to his head and gut. 

“Hey, brother!” Death of the Endless called to the shadow.  “Any chance we could speed this up?  I wouldn’t want to be stuck here all day.” 

“Guard your tongue, sister,” snarled the shadow.  “That is very bold of you, considering that your champion looks to be on the verge of defeat!”  Death of the Endless shrugged, trying to stay collected as she felt the shadow tighten his grip.  “Well, that’s the thing, brother.  There’s a big difference between being of the verge of defeat, and actually being defeated!”  She closed her eyes and a celestial light began to glow around her.  The ‘eyes’ of the shadow narrowed.  “Don’t be a fool!  Not even the power of the Endless can free you from my power!”  The aura surrounding Death of the Endless continued to glow brighter and brighter, working backwards towards the shadow.  With a rumble of thunder the shadow’s darkness deepened in an effort to absorb the power that Death of the Endless was putting out. 

Jason leaned against a headstone, wiping the blood from his lips as Bucky stood in a boxer’s stance.  “If you want more, I can do this all night!” said Bucky.  “My partner taught me everything I know, and he’s the toughest soldier alive!”  Jason grinned.  “Too bad.  The two of you would have made this a fair fight.”  He heaved himself onto the tombstone and leapt off it, delivering a flying kick that Bucky barely managed to dodge. 

Death of the Endless groaned as the darkness of the shadow began to completely surround her.  Within seconds her light had faded away.  “I told you it was useless to resist me, sister,” the shadow growled as she dropped to her knees.  Death of the Endless looked at the shadow with a weak smile and winked.  “Yeah.  But I sure make a hell of a distraction, don’t I?”  The shadow felt a moment of confusion, only to realize too late that while he had been focusing his energies on containing Death of the Endless, he had forgotten his other captive.  Far too late, he could see Mistress Death striving against the weakened hold on her to pick up her scythe.  “NO!” the shadow yelled.  Mistress Death’s hands grasped the scythe and with a swift gesture swung the blade down into the shaft of darkness draining her power into the shadow. 

Bucky and Jason traded blow after blow and were both just about to land a shot to their opponent’s jaw when they heard a sound like a roar of pain.  The two sidekicks stood frozen for a moment.  “What the hell was that?” asked Jason.  “I don’t know,” said Bucky.  “Maybe we should just put this dance on hold for a second and figure out what…”  Suddenly the ground beneath the two heroes began to shake.  Bucky and Jason sprawled onto the ground and barren trees fell and tombstones cracked in two. 

The shadow howled in rage and agony as Mistress Death’s scythe cut threw his shadowy form.  Another slice freed Death of the Endless who jumped to her feet to stand by Mistress Death’s side.  The shadow fell back from the two embodiments of death, shifting wildly from Thanos to Dream to Bludworth.  “You can’t do this to me!” he ranted.  “The design must be maintained!  I must…” 

“Oh hush,” said Death of the Endless.  She glanced over at Mistress Death.  “I think our brother has had enough fun playing with our power, don’t you?”  Mistress Death nodded and pointed her scythe at the shadow as Death of the Endless raised her ankh necklace.  Two arcs of energy shot out of the shadow and back into the embodiments of death.  “No!  Don’t!” the shadow wailed.  With a piercing screech and an explosion of darkness, the shadow of Death disappeared. 

Jason and Bucky cautiously rose to their feet after the earthquake had stopped.  “What kind of a weird place is this?” asked Bucky.  Jason adjusted his cape then turned back to face Bucky, pulling out another Batarang.  “I don’t know about you, but I’m not leaving here until I get some answers!  If you aren’t working for Joker, then who…”  Before Jason Todd could finish his accusation, both him and Bucky vanished from the cemetery. 

Death of the Endless closed her eyes and smiled in approval.  “Good.  Without our brother’s powers maintaining the paradox, our ‘champions’ have been returned to their realities.  They shall have no memory of this encounter and will continue on to their ‘deaths’, and all that will come after.”  Mistress Death poked at the smoking ground where the shadow had stood.  “Don’t worry, Mistress,” said Death of the Endless as she walked back to her counterpart’s side.  “Our brother has been forced back into his reality.  No doubt the journey back was a painful one.”  She grinned.  “But I’m sure he reached his final destination.”  Mistress Death stared back silently.  Death of the Endless sighed.  “Anyway, I suppose it’s best if we return to our own realities.  Thank you for your help, Mistress.”  Death of the Endless held out a hand, but Mistress Death did not accept it.  Putting her hand back in her pocket, Death of the Endless turned to walk toward the gate of the cemetery.  She paused and turned back, waving at Mistress Death.  “Bye, Mistress.  Maybe we'll meet again someday.”  Mistress Death remained silent as Death of the Endless pushed open the gate and walked out into the surrounding mist, disappearing from view.  From a brief moment, Mistress Death allowed her human face to show as she looked on where Death of the Endless had been.  As she slowly faded away, leaving the empty and decrepit cemetery behind her, Mistress Death finally allowed herself to speak.  “Goodbye… sister.” 

• Like 1