Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 18995 Mufasa vs. Gaston

Boratz

"Everything you see, exists together in a delicate balance. While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give..." before Mufasa had spoken these words to his future son, he sought for what he could give to the kingdom that he reigned over. This kingdom was his home and the many animals that lived within the kingdom were his family. The mighty Mufasa held the title of the Lion King with great honor while watching over the lands. From as far as his eyes could see and as far as the light had touched, he watched over the many animals in his kingdom with pride. With each blade of grass moving along the whistling of the wind and the birds flying high above the Pride Lands, Mufasa reflected on the Circle of Life. While thinking about the Circle of Life and watching over the many beautiful lives that flourished in the Pride Lands, Mufasa's thoughts slowly started to move toward his father that came before him. 

Just as his father before him was king of the Pride Lands and eventually passed onto the great beyond, Mufasa knew that one day he would join the many great kings that came before him. He wrestled with the idea if he could stand alongside the great kings of the past. As the light shined down on his kingdom, he soon turned his attention to his Queen. Sarabi approached her mate with her head held high. A warm smile formed across Mufasa's cheeks as he saw his Queen approaching. Since learning of her pregnancy, the Lion King was overcome with joy that his child would be arriving into this world soon. While his eyes watched over Sarabi, he could see that she walked differently now that she was carrying their unborn child. 

With a glimmer of light in her eyes, Sarabi sauntered toward her mate. Without saying a word, she gently placed her head against his shoulder in a warm embrace. Mufasa lowered his head against her shoulder and closed his eyes. The only thing that mattered to the great King in that moment was his bride and his child that was soon to come. The worries of being able to prove himself to the other kings of the past soon faded while he and his mate embraced one another. That warm moment of unspoken love soon faded with the sound of approaching footsteps. Mufasa sighed while backing away from his bride. His warm smile soon faded as he turned his head to see the approaching visitor. Slowly walking before them, Mufasa gazed over the dark mane on his younger brother. His gazed turned to the green eyes and the scar that went over his face. 

"Oh dear, your majesty, I truly hate to interrupt." Scar gloated while circling around the King and his mate.

"What do you want, Scar?" Mufasa rolled his eyes while keeping his attention on his brother.

"Just to bring some good news, brother. For some reason the hyenas have fled from the elephant graveyard." Scar hissed. 

"That is unusual." Mufasa responded with a great many thoughts flowing through his mind.

"Yes, but maybe they are learning to respect the mighty King Mufasa." Scar said sarcastically.

"There is a reason. Scar, go and find out why they are leaving the elephant graveyard. Report back to me as soon as you have an answer." Mufasa ordered.

"As you wish, my dear brother.... Oh, and I suppose congratulations are in order for the future hairball." Scar said with a wicked smile.

As Scar turned and sauntered away, Sarabi walked up to Mufasa's side. She glared at the back of Scar as he faded away. She then turned her attention to Mufasa and gently shook her head.

"I feel that something is wrong. I do not trust your brother. He is up to something." Sarabi said with concern in her voice.

"He is still my brother, Sarabi." Mufasa sighed. "He is family."

Before Sarabi could respond, they heard a change in the wind. Zazu flew down and landed before Mufasa and Sarabi. Before he could mutter out any words to the Lion King, Sarabi smiled and said, "I will leave you two to sort out whatever business that Zazu has for you." Mufasa smiled as his mate headed out of view. He then slowly turned his attention back to Zazu.

"What news do you bring, Zazu?" Mufasa groaned.

"Sire, there are reports from the northeast that there have been disappearances of different animals." Zazu said while perking up at attention.

"Hmmm... That is interesting." Mufasa said with a curious look.

"What is it, sire?" Zazu asked.

"Scar brought news that the hyenas have fled from the elephant graveyard. I wonder if it could be related." Mufasa responded.

"What should we do?" Zazu asked.

"I will send a lioness to investigate the disappearances while you and I will go consult with Rafiki." Mufasa replied.

"Why Rafiki?" Zazu asked.

"He has knowledge far beyond our understanding and a wise king should always look to gain a better understanding of the world, even in uncertainties." Mufasa said with a stern look. His look quickly turned to a warm smile. "And I would very much care to discuss the ceremony he has planned for the birth of my child."

"Very well then, sire." Zaza said while standing up at attention.

The uptight hornbill flew alongside the mighty lion as he gave orders to one of his most trusted lionesses. Mufasa and his majordomo then headed to meet with the shaman of the Pride Lands. Mufasa trusted Rafiki greatly and always looked to heed his advice when the time came. While approaching the mandrill's tree, Mufasa and Zazu saw the Royal Mjuzi meditating in silence. Zazu flew up ahead to announce the arrival of the Mighty King, but before he could breathe out a word, the mandrill opened his yellow eyes while a large smile formed across his face.

"The king has arrived!" Rafiki exclaimed.

Within a French village,

The early morning sun meant a new day for everyone with the small village. A sweet aroma filled the air around while the local bakery set out to make the most delightful treats. With this new day meant a new beginning for most. Many had set out with their usual routines while Belle set her sights once again on the local library. As she strolled through the quaint village, she sauntered past many that she saw on her route to the library. She greeted all that she came across with the warmest of smiles and the friendliest tones. While many in this small village knew her infamous father for his quirky inventions, they found Belle to be one of the kindest people with a heart of gold. Many sought after her, but she seemed to have much different interests than young potential suitors. 

One of these potential suitors was famous in the village for his many exploits. He was adored by all the other women in the village. This man was vain and arrogant. With each new day, he pursued the only woman that rejected his advances. As he watched Belle strolling through the village, his award-winning smile shined off the eyes of the women that lusted after him. He flexed his large muscles as he pushed himself past the other woman and followed behind the one woman that could be his greatest trophy. While following behind the beautiful Belle, he stopped short while she opened the door of the library. With a roll of his eyes, he let out a groan and glanced down at his small, trusted sidekick.

"Oh LeFou, what must I do to catch Belle's attention?" Gaston asked while glaring through the windows of the library.

"Maybe you could pick up a book or two and impress her." LeFou choked out while looking up at Gaston.

There was a moment of silence that fell over Gaston and LeFou. Gaston's dark eyes opened wide as they glared down at his small sidekick. The silence was soon drowned out by the obnoxious laughter of the boastful hunter.

"HAHA LeFou, you certainly can make a funny joke when you try!" Gaston quipped. "I did not fight in the war to come back and read some lousy books. I am Gaston! I am the strongest man in this pathetic village! I am the quickest and slickest! No one is as manly as me!" 

"You are absolutely right, Gaston!" LeFou exclaimed. "She would be foolish not to want to be yours!"

"And I am the greatest hunter there has ever been! This Belle is just another hunt for me! She will be my trophy wife, LeFou! Mark my words, she will be my trophy!" Gaston hissed.

"Oh, that reminds me, Gaston!" LeFou spit out. "There was a man from army that wanted to meet you at the tavern."

"When?!" Gaston growled.

"Uh..." LeFou said with a dumbfounded look. "Now..." He moaned.

"LeFou, you... You can be a thorn in my side." Gaston growled while making his toward his tavern.

As he walked upon the tavern, he saw the man in the French military uniform. The man turned and saw the muscular hunter that was widely known through the country. 

"Gaston, I presume?" The soldier asked.

"I am the one and only." Gaston said with a large and prideful smile.

"You are late." The soldier responded. 

"My apologies, good help can be hard to find." Gaston responded while glaring down upon the shivering Lefou. 

"That is why I am here. I am looking for some good help. I hear you are the greatest hunter in the world." The soldier said.

"I definitely am. There is nothing I cannot hunt." Gaston gloated. 

"The king is wanting a hunter for the country's growing influence in the world. There is a land far from here in Africa called the Pride Lands. It is overrun with dangerous wildlife. We need someone that can clear out its most dangerous game." The soldier said.

Many thoughts ran through Gaston's head. A crooked smile from on the side of his cheeks while he looked at the soldier. "I will be happy to join this hunt." 

"That is good. A carriage will come for you in the morning." The soldier responded before leaving.

LeFou watched as the soldier and then turned back to Gaston. "Why are you going to the Pride Lands, Gaston? I did not think you would be interested in traveling that far away from Belle."

"I will bring back the heads and furs of all the beasts that I hunt down and kill! That will surely impress the one woman that has given me so much trouble!" Gaston responded.

"Oh, that does make sense. You know you could impress her by being nice and humble." LeFou muttered.

There was an awkward silence that fell between the two. Gaston's face went blank while he stared at his small sidekick. The silence faded once again with the obnoxious laughter of Gaston.

"LeFou, you are on a roll this morning!" Gaston laughed. "I will show Belle just how great of a hunter that I am with the head of the greatest beast that I can kill!"

Outside the Pride Lands,

After the long journey to this strange new world, Gaston and LeFou had started their hunt. LeFou watched while Gaston killed hyenas and many different creatures. The prideful hunter had taken joy in the trophies that he had collected throughout this adventure. He flexed his muscles around the animal hide that he had acquired. With a menacing smile, he looked upon his small companion. 

"Oh, Belle will surely be excited for all the furs and coats that she can make from these." Gaston gloated. "If only one of these poors souls would have proven to be a challenge." 

"Well Gaston, I hear there are lions that swarm this area." LeFou responded.

"Is that right?" Gaston asked with a sinister smile. "The head of a lion for my bride to be."

While Gaston and LeFou were talking amongst themselves, Scar had wandered upon the site. He kept himself hidden within the shadows as he gazed down upon the upright individuals from the shadows. The nefarious lion kept silent while looking over the men. He had never seen such strange creatures in his life, but he could see the remains of many different animals scattered around the men. In the corner of his eye, Scar saw a shadow steadily moving in the night. Scar knelt close down into the darkness to watch the events that were about to unfold. From the darkness, one of Mufasa's lionesses leapt from the shadows and toward the strange upright creatures. The lioness pounced the small creature, but the larger creature had taken out an unusual tool from his side. With a thunderous sound, an explosion rang out from the end of the tool. Scar's green eyes widened as he watched the lioness fall back onto the ground. He could not believe what he had just witnessed. These creatures possessed a power that could kill a lion with a single blow. 

A large smile formed over Scar's cheeks as he realized that this could be the way that he became the rightful king. These creatures could be the ones that put an end to Mufasa. While keeping himself hidden in the shadows, Scar headed back to Pride Rock. His mind had started to plan how he would trick Mufasa into confronting this strange upright creature. Despite the actions of this strange creature, Scar knew that the ends would justify the means in order to taking the throne. He ran as fast and as silently as he could through the darkness. 

LeFou pushed himself up off the ground. He felt a great pain burning throughout his body, but he found himself fortunate that Gaston was nearby. He glanced down at the lioness that had just pounced on him. LeFou then smiled and looked up at the great hunter that had saved his life. Several tears started to roll down LeFou's cheeks as he ran to Gaston's side. He wrapped his arms around Gaston's waist as he looked up at Gaston while being overwhelmed with joy. 

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU, GASTON!" LeFou exclaimed as he held tightly to the prideful hunter.

"For what? It is just a female lion! The real trophy will be the male... The king!" Gaston hissed.

"But you saved my life, sir!" LeFou choked out.

"If I did not, then I would have to carry all these hides and trophies by myself. I surely do not want to do that!" Gaston chuckled.

Within Rafiki's tree,

Mufasa and Zazu watched the eccentric shaman while he sat in his meditation. The wise mandrill opened his yellow eyes and a large grin over his face. The mandrill exclaimed "The King has arrived!" With his large bakora stick, the Royal Mjuzi pushed himself to his feet and started hopping toward the Mighty King of the Pride Lands. He placed the palm of his hand upon Mufasa's mane and welcomed the powerful lion into his home. Mufasa and Zazu followed Rafiki into his tree and looked over the many paintings on the walls.

"I have a feeling that I know why you have come to Rafiki's tree, but what do I owe this pleasure of having the mighty King Mufasa in my home?" Rafiki chuckled.

"There has been a great disturbance in the kingdom, Rafiki. I was told that the hyenas have fled from the dark place, and that many creatures have been disappearing from the animal kingdom. Do you know what has come to our lands?" Mufasa asked.

"Yes, yes, yes... As I had feared that is why you came... my ancestors and the spirits have told me of a creature. A creature that none of us have yet to see, and has lived far beyond our borders... Until... Until now." Rafiki said while busting open a piece of fruit. 

Rafiki started to rub his hand against the wall to paint an image that he saw in his time of meditation. His mind was racing in all directions while he felt as if his hand was being guided by the shamans of the past. A blank look fell over Zazu's face while he watched the mandrill painting an image. Mufasa stepped forward with a burning curiosity. 

"What is this creature that has threatened our kingdom?" Mufasa asked.

"Haha..." Rafiki chuckled. "Have you not heard, Mufasa. Curiosity killed the cat!" Rafiki exclaimed. "That is a great question though, my king. This creature is far different than that of any creature that you have ever seen before. He walks upright and is capable of much good. Much good indeed. He is also capable of much evil and destruction. He carries tools that hold the power of death. This creature... This creature is known as... man."

Mufasa glanced down at his loyal hornbill. He then looked back up into the yellow eyes of the wise shaman. Before they could mutter another word, they heard the screams of a familiar voice approaching. The Mighty Lion King turned his head and saw his brother approaching from the shadows.

"MUFASA! BROTHER! I BRING TERRIBLE NEWS!" Scar cried out while stopping before Mufasa.

"What is it, Scar?!" Mufasa yelled while looking over his brother with a worried stare.

"The lioness that you sent out was killed in the elephant graveyard..." Scar groaned while shaking his head. "I fear whatever did it, may be looking to go to Pride Rock next."

"Sire, we..." Zazu said before being interrupted.

"Zazu, you and Scar head to Pride Rock. Gather the lionesses and prepare to defend our kingdom. Rafiki, I need you to go warn the rest of the kingdom of this danger that has come to our lands." Mufasa ordered.

"But sire, you heard Rafiki! This man.... It could be far too dangerous for even you!" Zazu pleaded.

"Zazu, it is my oath and my duty to protect the kingdom from any dangers that come. It is my life's purpose to protect my future child and my family from this evil, no matter the cost." Mufasa said before running off into the night.

Scar grinned while Zazu sighed. The hornbill flew up in the air and headed toward Pride Rock. Scar followed close behind. Mufasa ran as fast as he could through the lands and towards the elephant graveyard. He knew that he had to stop this evil before it spread to Pride Rock. He had to stop it before it got to his family.

The battle will take place at night in the elephant graveyard that was seen in The Lion King

Gaston has his musket rifle, a bow and arrows, a lantern, and his hunting knife. 

This is the kind of match I'd expect to see on CBUB. Feels classic, like it should have been made years ago. Bravo for the idea and for writing it. Good first match for Mufasa too.

Good match, great characterization of Scar and Mufasa. I like the choice of location for the battle too, feels cinematic. It feels underused in the movie.

Gaston is formidable and has advantage of weapons, but ultimately Mufasa takes the win. He is imposing and quick and, importantly, a big ass Lion.

4 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

This is the kind of match I'd expect to see on CBUB. Feels classic, like it should have been made years ago. Bravo for the idea and for writing it. Good first match for Mufasa too.

Good match, great characterization of Scar and Mufasa. I like the choice of location for the battle too, feels cinematic. It feels underused in the movie.

Gaston is formidable and has advantage of weapons, but ultimately Mufasa takes the win. He is imposing and quick and, importantly, a big ass Lion.

Hey thabk you, Russ! 

Oh yeah, this should have been done decades ago. Done right by Boratz though.

Gaston is a tough guy against people weaker than him and animals but against an intelligent lion like Mufasa, Gaston will be begging for his life by the end.

1 hour ago, leroypowell3 said:

Oh yeah, this should have been done decades ago. Done right by Boratz though.

Gaston is a tough guy against people weaker than him and animals but against an intelligent lion like Mufasa, Gaston will be begging for his life by the end.

Thanks, leroy!

I am leaning Mufassa. Gaston is armed with a muzzleloader which takes time to reload, and only has LeFou for back up. He has no native guides, and is in country and terrain much different from his native France.  

Much as I hate to be the evil one, in a purely analytical setting Gaston should win here. He’s an experienced hunter who’s hunted plenty of big game, the song “Gaston” confirms that he’s even killed a bear, so he is at least competent in killing large predators. Mufasa meanwhile has never seen a human before and wouldn’t know the full dangers of a human with a gun, and given that his first instinct when seeing a threat to his family is to rush in blindly without thinking, as we tragically saw during the Wildebeest Stampede, that knee jerk reaction would definitely lead to him being shot dead.

And even if Mufasa does manage to get in close before Gaston can get a shot off, that still wouldn’t guarantee a win. We’re seen Gaston grapple and briefly hold his own against Beast (a much bigger and stronger creature), wrestle four men at once, and even dead lift a stool with all three bimbettes with ONE arm! So in terms of sheer strength and fighting experience Gaston should have the edge there also.

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Much as I hate to be the evil one, in a purely analytical setting Gaston should win here. He’s an experienced hunter who’s hunted plenty of big game, the song “Gaston” confirms that he’s even killed a bear, so he is at least competent in killing large predators. Mufasa meanwhile has never seen a human before and wouldn’t know the full dangers of a human with a gun, and given that his first instinct when seeing a threat to his family is to rush in blindly without thinking, as we tragically saw during the Wildebeest Stampede, that knee jerk reaction would definitely lead to him being shot dead.

And even if Mufasa does manage to get in close before Gaston can get a shot off, that still wouldn’t guarantee a win. We’re seen Gaston grapple and briefly hold his own against Beast (a much bigger and stronger creature), wrestle four men at once, and even dead lift a stool with all three bimbettes with ONE arm! So in terms of sheer strength and fighting experience Gaston should have the edge there also.

I hate to agree with Pizzaguy on this, but I think he's right. 

More importantly a great matchup and setup, Boratz.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - SSJRuss
4.50 - Mercenaryblade

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
29.50 Total Combined Score
29.50 / 6 = 4.92 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Mufasa: 6
Gaston : 2

Gah, I meant to catch this match before it wrapped. :( I've been real busy of late. 

My bad, @Boratz. This was a great set-up with an intriguing story and a great match-up of classic Disney characters (and I'm not just saying this 'cuz they're both my adds :D ). I'd have voted for Gaston, too. As mentioned, not only is he experienced with big game, but Mufasa has never seen man per the story and Gaston may even have the strength to match him in a tussle.