MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 18862 Anavel Gato vs. Cosmos (Transformers)

leroypowell3

Megastory 3.17

Masters of Evil

Previously: Stormwatch with support from the Robotech Defense Force launched an attack on a training facility bringing up child soldiers for Khan Noonien Sign. They did not know that Baron Zemo had already defeated Khan and was taking over his operations. Zemo sent General Miles Mayhem to inspect the training base for the Masters of Evil when the attack began.

Mayhem recognized Stormwatch’s staling strategy and fled. Robotech pilot Max Sterling gave chase.

Out of concern for his wingman, Rick Hunter called Battalion. “Hey do you have some backup for my wingman? I know he can bring that guy down but for all we know he may have a super powered being on board with him.”

“Not to worry.” Battalion replied. “I’ve got him some help on the way.”

Max Sterling had never heard of General Mayhem. V.E.N.O.M. had already been defeated by the time The Robotech Defense Force would have been in any position to care.

Mayhem’s vehicle, Switchblade, could transform from an attack helicopter to a fighter jet. It was powered with an experimental fuel that must not have been too successful or Robotechnolgy would be using it.

Whatever threat the Switchblade posed was childsplay for and ace like Max. Piloting a Veritech made it even easier.

A careful shot put down the transforming jet fight. Just to show off, Max put his Veritech into guardian mode- a configuration between the jet mode and the robot mode. Basically a fighter with arms and legs.

Grabbing his pistol, Max exited and went to the downed Switchblade to secure the occupants. Without the cockpit even opening, an energy beam burst out of the tinted window causing Max to jump back.

“Alright!” He yelled. “The party’s over! Come out with you hands up!”

Someone did come put and their hands were up. But those hands were holding guns. Whoever was behind that helmet spotted Max and his gun welded hands leveled at him.

“Why didn’t I stay in my Veritech!” Max scolded himself as he took cover.

Knowing that it was safe, Mayhem came out.

“Kill him good!” he said to Doomguy.

“Roger.” was The Marine’s response.

With his MASK helmet on, Mayhem shot out another energy blast to make sure the Max knew that he was outnumbered.

Max had assumed that backup was coming but they needed to pick up the pace.

Another Veritech in guardian mode v-toled down accompanied by the Stormwatch member code-named Cannon.

Doomguy resisted and Cannon killed him but Mayhem took his helmet off and put his hands up.

Master Asia was disappointed in his students. They had been outsmarted. Mayhem may have been a coward but he was right in his assessment of Stormwatch’s tactics. The United Nations superhero team had come in soft and took minor defeats to keep their enemies from withdrawing. All the while bringing in more and more assets so that they could capture prominent figures, like himself.

Now it was too late. He was going to have to fight and maybe die to keep from being captured. But Lord Khan had wisely left a way for the work to continue. Master Asia activated this failsafe now.

This base was a training facility for his soldiers but all of them were not here. Some had been shipped off to other missions for further development and some had been embedded into society as sleeper agents.

The fighter in him wanted to go down swinging but Asia conceded that he had served his purpose. Stormwatch took him and many others into custody.

It was a great victory for Stormwatch and the Robotech Defense Force. But they would soon understand, they weren’t even fighting the enemy that they thought they were.

Another of Khan’s plans was to infiltrate Starfleet. On Earth, it was headquartered in San Francisco where all Federation technology was horded.

After being defeated by Baron Zemo, Khan went into deep cover. So far did he hide that he completely changed his appearance. From an east Indian man to a European man, Khan found his change unnatural. Even though this was the face the he had chosen, he didn’t recognize it when he looked in a mirror.

A longer term project was coming into completion and Khan went to inspect it.

Through lobbying and subtle influence he had convinced Starfleet to create a Federation war vessel. Constructed at the shipyard orbiting the moon, The USS Vengeance was ready for maneuvers.

His agent on the project met Khan when he beamed on board. Lore was a Sung model android with a defective emotion chip.

“And here he is!” the android beamed. “Lord Khan!”

“Where is Captain Bright?”

“He’s overseeing some complications on the bridge.”

They went there, and Noah Bright stood at attention.

“Welcome aboard the Vengeance, Lord Khan!” he bellowed as the other crew members saluted.

“As you were.” Khan said softly. “What is the problem with the ship?”

“Nothing with the ship, sir. An unauthorized vessel is in our vicinity.”

He had the communications officer show him. Khan, of course, didn’t know the vessel.

“They don’t seem to notice us. Or at least they don’t care. I was thinking it may be a good idea to destroy it just in case they get nosy.”

“This is a secret project by the Federation. Have The Nightmare of Solomon fly out and shew them away.” Khan ordered.

Anavel Gato was a seasoned Gundam pilot from the Principality of Zeon- an organization of people dedicating themselves to living in space.

A battle at a base called Solomon distinguished Gato and the enemy branded him the Nightmare of Solomon.

As Zeon resolve withered, Gato found new purpose fighting for the vision of Khan Noonien Sing.

Cosmos’ function since coming to Earth was to monitor the planet from orbit. As per the Autobots agreement with Earth governments they were to engage only in Decepticon activity. If they encountered a Terran nefarious project, then they would report it to the authorities and let the humans handle their own.

The shipyard was tiny, mostly for minor repairs and civilian tours. Starfleet had suspended activity after an accident so seeing ship under construction was rather suspicious. He went for a closer look to see if this was something he needed to report when a Gundam emerged from the Federation style vessel and fired on him.

Fight Parameters:

Anavel Gato is only trying to shew Comsos away. If his opponent persists, Gato will call in reinforcements to get him to retreat.

Cosmos will defend himself but he won’t destroy the Gundam (if he has the power) because he doesn’t want to kill the human pilot. If it gets too dangerous for him, then Cosmos will retreat.

Gato is, of course, piloting the Phylsia Gundam that he piloted most of the Gundam: Stardust Memory series.

I’m going with Generation 1 Cosmos. Compilation of cartoons and comics. I don’t know if there are any really different versions of him that would really matter.

11 hours ago, Boratz said:

Another outstanding story, leroy!

Thank you.  I wanted to extend the battle longer but several factors forced me to wrap it up. The new character rumbles take up all of my rumble points so I can't do larger battles there and some of the other things happening in other parts of the megastory are going to factor in the Masters of Evil line. Hate seeing Doomguy go but it made no sense him escaping. And I really wanted Master Asia to fight but.. gotta wrap it up and move on.

8 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Thank you.  I wanted to extend the battle longer but several factors forced me to wrap it up. The new character rumbles take up all of my rumble points so I can't do larger battles there and some of the other things happening in other parts of the megastory are going to factor in the Masters of Evil line. Hate seeing Doomguy go but it made no sense him escaping. And I really wanted Master Asia to fight but.. gotta wrap it up and move on.

Something that I like doing with some of my battle wrap ups is keeping it short. Doing the very ending so the reader can use imagination for how they think the battle played out. I don't always do but I try to every once in a while

With that said, I'm excited to see where you take this story

Not too bad, leroy. This one of the longer set-ups I've seen from you in a while. :) Good continuation of the Megastory. 

As for the match, Anavel probably has a good chance to take Cosmos with his Gundam. IIRC, G1 Cosmos never was much of a fighter in the 'toon and almost always seemed to get captured or shot down. Given that's, Cosmos is probably either going to retreat or get taken down.