MATCH SCORE
UNSC Pillar Of Autumn: 1
Re Verse: 3
Lotta Litter: 0

Rumble 20546 Killjoy vs. The Leprechaun
MATCH SCORE
Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Match 18811 Asuka Kazama vs. Asuka (Senran Kagura)

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.6b643fcba0c50a89749eac1de8d95366.jpeg

Asuka Kazama and her rival/borderline friend Lili Rochefort arrived at the King of the Iron Fist 8 signups in one of Lili’s stretch limos. The signups were being run by the Mishima Zaibatsu in an undisclosed location. 

“Thanks for the ride, but we really don’t need to do this together,” Asuka said as they exited the limo.

“This whole thing is just a ridiculous formality anyway, might as well do it together,” Lili reasoned.

“What makes you say that?” asked Asuka.

“Asuka, you and I have been a part of every King of the Iron Fist tournament since the fifth installment. There is no way we are not shoo-ins. We won’t have to try out or anything, just fill out paperwork.” Lili thought for a moment. “Why do we have to fill out paperwork anyway?”

“Don’t be too cocky. No one is guaranteed a spot. Except for maybe the Mishimas,” Asuka countered.

“A King of the Iron Fist tournament that doesn’t include moi,” Lili scoffed. “Don’t even joke.”

Asuka rolled her eyes as the two girls made it to the signup table.

“Names,” called out the young Zaibatsu employee working the table.

“Emilie De Rochefort.”

The Zaibatsu employee went over a roster sheet and stopped at Lil’s name. “Yep. Got you right here. It says no try out is necessary assuming you have kept in fighting shape.” He looked up at Lili and tilted his head left and right. “I’m going to put that down as a yes.”

Lili smiled triumphantly at Asuka. “I told you.”

“Just going to need you to fill this out,” the Zaibatsu employee said as he handed some papers to Lili. “Need you to write down any updates in your life to put in your bio. Tournament fans really eat that stuff up.”

Lili shrugged and took the papers. “Fair enough.”

Asuka spoke up. “Asuka Kazama.”

He looked back down on his roster and then paused. “It says here we have already handed you your entrance pass.” He peered up at Asuka. “Yeah, didn’t we already go through this like an hour ago? You look a little different now, but are you sure you weren’t already here to pick up your pass?”

“Yes I’m sure,” Asuka insisted. “How can you have already given my pass away? I just got here.”

“You’ll have to take it up with one of the tournament organizers. I don’t have a pass for you.”

Lili interjected on Asuka’s behalf. “This is outrageous! How can we have our final climactic showdown if Asuka isn’t around!”

Lili and Asuka heard some chuckling from behind them. They turned around to see Kunimitsu with her fox mask on looking right back at them.

“Tough break girls, but there is always the next tournament, Asuka,” she taunted.

Asuka, for her part, was still in shock and confused.

“That is ridiculous. Her name is on the list,” Lili reiterated. She then waved away the young kunoichi. “You wouldn’t understand, it had been literally decades between tournaments for anyone from your family.”

Kunimitsu narrowed her eyes. “It is exactly because of that nepotism that you both could learn some humility. Asuka, you’re only guaranteed a spot because of your connection to Jin. And Lili, because of your connection to Asuka.”

“That’s not true,” Lili snapped back.

Asuka smelled something fishy. “You know something don’t you?”

“Maybe,” Kunimitsu replied coyly.

“If you know the cause for this mix-up you have to tell me,” Asuka demanded.

“No, I don’t.”

“Kunimitsu, if you don’t think I am worthy of a spot then let’s fight and I will prove that I belong,” Asuka promised.

“We could fight, and you might win, but it still wouldn't mean I would have to tell you anything,” Kunimitsu clarified.

Lili grabbed Asuka’s right shoulder. “Let me handle this.”

Lili and Kunimitsu went off to talk alone. In a few minutes, Lili returned, grabbed Asuka by the hand, and walked back to her limo.

“Where are we going?” Asuka asked.

“To get your entrance pass,” Lili answered.

“Kunimitsu told you where it is?”

“Of course.”

“How did you get her to talk?”

“Sweet little Asuka, Kunimitsu steals things for money. You promise her enough shiny, expensive things and she unravels like a cheap suit.”

On the way to a nearby sushi bar, Lili explained the situation.

“Recently Kunimistu was stealing an expensive artifact from Hanzo National Academy for a client and was intercepted by their secret shinobi students,” Lili began.

“They have secret shinobi in that weirdo school?”

“Anyway, I guess they all bonded over being poor ninja girls or something along those lines and the girls from Hanzo cried to Kunimitsu about how no one takes them seriously as warriors and how much they wanted to prove themselves in a fighting tournament just like the King of the Iron Fist,” Lili continued.

“How does any of this involve me?” asked Asuka.

“One of their names is Asuka. Kunimitsu came up with a plan and here we are.”

Asuka remained confused. “That still doesn’t make any sense. So one of the shinobi girls shares my name. How did they convince the Zaibatsu that it was me? Does she look like my twin or something?”

Lili shook her head. “No. But did you get a good look at that boy working the table? He is an idiot. Kunimitsu said it was actually easier to do than she thought it would be. Apparently, this other Asuka fights in an outfit similar to the school outfit that you sometimes fought in and that’s all it took. Well that and…um…”

“What?”

“Kunimistu said these girls really fill out their uniforms and the dumb boy was easily distracted by that fact.”

"Eww. Aren't these high school girls?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if that moron is in high school, too. Perhaps, the Mishima Zaibatsu's hiring standards aren't what they used to be."

image.jpeg.86671339a5d5fe80ecea39c1300255b8.jpeg

Inside the sushi bar, four Hanzo Academy students, Asuka, Ikaruga, Hibari, and Yagyu celebrated Asuka’s unlikely entry into the King of the Iron Fist tournament.

“I’m so excited, I will finally get the chance to show the world what I can do. I bet there will be some amazing challengers,” Asuka declared.

“It still doesn’t feel right that you are taking someone else’s spot,” said Ikaruga.

“Yeah, I would have liked to have received an invitation based on my own abilities, but that was never going to happen. And you know it. All that will all change now. Once people see my skills, not only will we finally get respect, but the school will get new recruits from all over the world to train to help the fight against evil shinobi and yoma.” Asuka was trying to convince herself as much as her friend that they made the right choice. Yet, as she glanced over at Ikaruga she could tell it wasn’t working. “Besides, Kunimitsu said it was highly likely the other Asuka might not even show up this time.  Kunimitsu wouldn’t lead us astray.”

Yagyu chimed in. “We caught her trying to steal from our school. I don’t think that makes her worthy of our trust. She actually reminds me of Homura.”

Hibari was more optimistic. “I’ll be there to cheer for you, Asuka. I just wish Katsuragi was here too.”

“Absolutely not,” interrupted Ikaruga. “Katsuragi would immediately get Asuka disqualified and thrown from the tournament the minute she tried to grope one of the other female fighters. Leaving her back at the Academy was the smartest move we have made all day.”

“Agreed,” said Asuka. “I love Katsuragi like a sister, but she is the last person I want to see right now.”

“Are you Asuka?!?”

The shinobi in training spun on her heel to see Asuka Kazama, flanked by Lili, glaring back at her. Kunimitsu had shown her a picture of Asuka Kazama before, but it took a couple of moments for it to register to her what was going on.

“You have something that belongs to me, and you need to give it back!” Asuka Kazama demanded.

“There goes that. Told you this was a bad idea,” Ikaruga scolded.

“Everyone just hold on a second,” Hanzo’s Asuka pleaded. “Maybe it was fate that everything happened this way. Maybe it is my destiny to get this spot in the tournament by earning it.”

Asuka Kazama was caught off guard. “What?”

“If you want this entrance pass back from me you will have to prove that you deserve it, by defeating me in battle. I will do the same,” Hanzo’s Asuka proclaimed confidently.

“Asuka, what are you doing?” Yagyu whispered.

“Taking my shot.”

Lili was incredulous. “You want Asuka to fight you for something that already belongs to her? That is the most…”

“I accept!” declared Asuka Kazama.

Lili stared back at her friend. “Huh?”

“Kunimistu thinks I get in because of some bizarre nepotism, what better way to prove her wrong than to humble her would-be replacement.”

Hibari’s eyes widened with excitement. “Ooh, this is so much fun.”

Hanzo’s Asuka readied herself for a fight. “Then let’s do this.”

“Hold on a minute, Asuka. I have watched some film on this tournament. The King of the Iron Fist is no joke. You will probably have to use your transformation,” Yagyu advised.

Her classmate nodded. 

“Shinobi Tenshin!!” Hanzo’s Asuka shouted as she produced a scroll from her shirt.

A white glow surrounded her as her current outfit evaporated and a new outfit appeared on her body.

“What is going on?” Asuka Kazama wondered aloud.

Once the transformation was completed, recognition struck Lili and she pointed at the young shinobi. “There it is. The outfit that Kunimitsu was talking about. It does look a lot like yours, Asuka. Although the plaid color is completely different and then there are the leggings, boys can be so dense sometimes I…”

Asuka Kazama lifted a hand in frustration to quiet her friend. “Lili, you’re not helping.”

image.jpeg.1b7d50afc0ce58089277664e652d3c91.jpeg

The newly transformed Asuka began to place her swords on the ground. “You are unarmed, using these would not be fair.”

Asuka Kazama shook her head. “That’s unnecessary. I have fought Yoshimitsu several times and he always uses his sword. I want you at your best, so there are no excuses when I beat you.”

Hanzo’s Asuka picked her swords back up. “Very well. I admire your bravery and confidence.”

Asuka Kazama lifted her fists in the air. “Let’s get this started.”

WOW! A Senran Kagura Match!

I like the match and I give the setup a 5.0.

Another good set-up and uh ... match-up of the teenaged Asukas, Johnny. Pretty interesting way for the story to get to the conflict. 

As for the match, I just have a feeling that Asuka Kazama is more powerful and more of a natural fighter. The other Asuka also seems less sure of herself, so that uncertainty and the other factors should likely give Kazama the win here. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - Yukimuraster90
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.90 - Boratz
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
29.60 Total Combined Score
29.60 / 6 = 4.93 Final Rating on the match