Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18547 Deedlit vs. Feral Predator

RakaiThwei

Storm clouds gathered and rumbled, threatening to bring showers and thunder to an otherwise bright and beautiful day. Perhaps it was due to a shower which a storm could bring as the last several weeks have been quite humid and hot. The clouds would further darken and rumble as brief flashes of lightning strobe through the sky. Animals would respond to this sudden change of weather instinctively, as deer would quickly prance off and birds would stop their calls and take off into the air as they flapped their wings and flew to where they could find shelter and safety. As the clouds gathered and darkened, something would move through them with a red glow.

When the unseen shape broke through the clouds, there was distortion in the air as this foreign object descended from the sky. A red shimmer rippled across the object, revealing it to be an aerial craft of some sort. It hovered down towards the mountain range and settled, barely touching the ground. An opening formed from the under belly of the vessel and the craft remained hovering there for about a good minute until the back thrusters of the craft fired up once more and the vessel took to the air again, now seemingly disappearing from sight as it soared up back to the darkened clouds which were gathering in the sky.

And for a brief moment there was no movement. No sound.

An alien chattering sound came from seemingly nowhere. Movement was now made as a hominid transparent shape now arose from it’s crouched posture and now turned to look upon the land of this new alien world which others of its kind had come across. Slowly turning it’s head from side to side, the transparent shape took note of the trees and mountain range surrounding it. Surely, there had to be more than what this new world had to offer than just what it was seeing. And then it moved it’s head up as it heard the sounds of calls of something unfamiliar to it. Peering up it noticed a group of ten winged creatures flapping about, seemingly moving away from the area.

Curious at this, the invisible shape stared at the winged creatures and zoomed it’s visual sensors upon them and quickly took to scanning them, assessing the threat level at this time. They were of no threat to the transparent shape.

Perhaps it was time to move on. There was much to explore and kill in this strange, new alien world which others of it’s kind had decided to hunt. The unseen shape had been to a few worlds where it had hunted, and so it was it’s first time on this world as well as the first time for the rest of its kind as well. But he had the pleasure of setting foot first on this terrain. Quickly it stepped forward and proceeded to now move down the mountain which it had been set upon. The idea of hunting strange, new and perhaps dangerous prey was exciting for this creature and so it tensed up all of the muscles within its body and proceeded to turn it’s sprint into a full on run.

Upon reaching to the closest of trees on the way down, the shape then pushed itself up into a leap and soon landed feet first down onto the nearest branch. For a brief moment the creature paused and stared at it’s new surroundings, getting a feel for the environment. It would pounce on ahead, moving from tree to tree and it’s movements were otherworldly and feral. As it moved, it continued to look upon it’s surroundings and sought out anything worth hunting. Then there was movement and the unseen shape moved it’s head down only to see the thermal signature of a small, long eared mammalian creature that seemed to hop quickly as it appeared to be on the run from something. Raising it’s sights, the transparent shape took note of an avian type creature swooping down and talons extended. Quickly the avian would move down and catch the small long eared mammalian with it’s talons and took to the air once more.

The unseen shape tilted it’s head to the right, expressing mild curiosity as it took note of the established food chain of this alien world. So predation existed quite similarly as it did on any other world, including the one which it had come.  If such creatures existed, then surely there had to be more challenging ones waiting. The unseen shape zoomed it’s visual crosshairs down onto the avian, forming a red triangle to lock onto the avian and it’s captured prey. The transparent creature moved it’s right hand down, taking hold of a weapon which it had become accustom to using in the few hunts which it had partaken, and mechanical sheathing sounds were made. With a pull of the trigger— a dart was fired and struck the intended target as the avian’s body was pierced and it dropped from the sky.

Satisfied with the killing of a predatory avian, the transparent shape leapt from tree to tree— and soon arrived to where the avian had landed. Upon arriving at the spot where the creature had fallen, the alien now jumped down from the tree with a heavy thud and now looked to the corpse of the avian. Hunching down, it moved a hand and took hold of the corpse, and briefly eyed the body of the long eared mammalian. The alien moved its hand across the body of the avian, taking note of its build and the featured texture that was throughout its body. Grabbing the avian creature by the head, the alien simply gave a twist and a pull— removing the head of the corpse. It wasn’t much of a trophy but none the less it would get thing started as far as this trip was concerned. The alien then slowly rose up to its full height and turned its head to keep sight of its surroundings only to once more keep moving.

This world was already proving to be quite interesting, rich with botanical life and even seemingly animal life. But what if there was more life? Surely there had to be life which was capable of fighting back and giving a hunt which would prove to be quite exciting. Predatory avians wouldn’t do, there had to be something capable of wounding the transparent hunter. And it would search relentlessly until it would come across prey which would give it the rush which it was aiming to find.

The hunter would come across a clearing in the forest, now taking note of what appeared to be a pool in the middle of it and noticed that there was a hominid shape bathing in it. The transparent creature then zoomed it’s visual sensors onto the creature bathing in the pool, and quickly took to scanning it, gathering information on whatever it was he was seeing. It was female, mammalian and… intelligent based on what his scanners were telling him. It had heard of this particular kind of prey from the stories which others his kind had heard from the Hunters of the temperate jungle regions from homeworld. He didn’t think that this kind of prey existed on this world as well.

But if this kind of prey existed here… Then truly there would be a grand hunt to be had here.

However, something had alerted the female bathing in the pool and she frantically rushed out from the pool only to quickly put her garments on. Without hesitation, the female quickly began to run off as fast as she was able to do so. The transparent hunter then had looked to the direction from where the disturbance had come and noticed from the bushes—a small, bald, pointy eared and long nosed creature stepped out with a crude blade in hand with padded armor of sorts. This was completely unprecedented… But it was none the less quite welcome for the Hunter, and without hesitation… the transparent being moved in towards the short, brutish ugly creature. Jerking it’s right hand into a fist, a red ripple moved from the transparent creature’s forearm as a pair of two, serrated and curved blades extended out.

What an interesting start to this hunt on this strange and odd world.

--

It was such a beautiful day out and she wanted to enjoy it in the forest. Everything seemed to be just perfect to the High Elf, as nature had completely intended. She took the moment to enjoy basking in the sun and took enjoyment of the natural ambience around her. With the birds chirping, and the occasional skittering of woodland critters moving from the trees— everything was perfect. With no humans around to disturb the perfect harmony of the forest, Deedlit simply took this moment to lose herself in her surroundings. The High Elf stared down to the wild pine lilies on the forest ground. She hunched down and gently cupped at the red flower with the palms of her hands as she moved her face down, taking a moment to smell the sweet scent of the flower. A small smile formed on the Elf’s lips as she briefly closed her eyes, savoring the moment and the scent of the red flower before re-opening her eyes and looked at the life all around her.

Returning her sights down to the red flower she gently held within her hands, Deedlit watched as the faeries which lived within the plant now seemingly appeared before her eyes and were fluttering about, as if doing a little dance for her as a way of greeting her. The High Elf giggled as she smiled to the faeries which fluttered around the flower and in her palms. Extending a finger from her right hand, she brought it closer to her face and watched as the small faeries flew about.

But then Deedlit blinked as there was a sudden change in the environment, and she listened intently with her Elven ears. There was a sudden silence. She darted her eyes all around, looking for the source of the immediate disturbance. Seeing that their Elven friend was now on guard, the faeries faded from sight and moved back into the lily which served as their home. Deedlit rose from her hunched position and continued to look around. Could there have been a predatory animal around? No… She would’ve heard something by now. As she continued to look around, it was when there came a rumbling from the sky and she raised her head up to see a dark formation of clouds. But there was something off about them, something completely unnatural about it all. Narrowing her eyes, Deedlit caught the slight red glow coming from the dark cumulus clouds in the sky and was unsure of what to make of it. She watched as lightning danced across the darkness in the sky and noticed that the red glow seemed to be moving.

Could it be some kind of dark magic affecting the weather?

Then Deedlit’s ears perked as soon as there was another disturbance. She sharply turned around and took notice of movement coming from the bushes, and widened her eyes to see one lone Goblin running frantically for it’s life. The High Elf dropped her jaw to see such a sight. A Goblin in the forest was nothing unusual, but a Goblin out in the day was unusual to say the least. But seeing a Goblin running away frantically for it’s life as if something was chasing it definitely was a thing that Deedlit could say was… definitely jarring. Frightening even.

She watched on as the Goblin continued running frantically, despite it being bloodied and quite injured. It turned around as if it were looking at something, looking in the direction of where it had come from and what could’ve been chasing it. Suddenly, the Goblin jerked in it’s movements as something moved faster than what it could process— and  the short body of the Goblin flew forward as something penetrated the creature from the back, and ruptured out it’s chest. It flew across another ten feet before it had hit the ground. Deedlit gasped as she then rushed over to the Goblin and took a quick look at what had just transpired. Normally, the High Elf wouldn’t so much as rush to the aid of a Goblin but as it was already dead, she needed to see what could’ve killed it in such a manner. She looked down to see something metallic entering from the back of the creature, and it was strong enough to pierce through the crude chain and plate armor the Goblin wore. Deedlit moved her right leg out, pushing and turning the corpse of the Goblin, now taking note of the barbed tip of what appeared to be some kind of arrow. She hunched down and briefly inspected the weapon. She had seen many arrows in her life—crafted from human and Elven hands. But this was… something which she had never really seen before. The way this thing was crafted was… completely unknown to her.

Her ears perked up as soon as she heard a shrill scream coming from the forest and Deedlit bolted to her feet. She had come to the realization what whatever or whoever was doing this was on it’s way here.

The High Elf simply took a step forward and rushed towards the nearest tree—with otherworldly grace and speed, Deedlit pushed herself to a leap and now took to the air and soon landed feet first onto the nearest branch. She looked to the direction of where the Goblin had come from and now proceeded to gracefully leap from tree to tree. Deedlit’s movements were swift but also incredibly silent— a feat which only an Elf would be able to do. It wouldn’t be long until Deedlit would get to where the Goblin had come running from and as she arrived, Deedlit widened her eyes at the chaos which was ensuing ahead of her.

There were countless bodies of Goblins and Kobolds, all of them brutally and viciously killed. No human could’ve done this, and most certainly no Elf. Deedlit then looked down to see one remaining Goblin, larger than the rest if only by a foot or so gripping his blade as he angrily seemed to be staring at…. something which wasn’t even there. Except Deedlit took note something what appeared to be floating in the air, a pair of curved and serrated blades which had a red energetic rippling moving through them. Adjusting her eyes, the High Elf noticed what seemed to be a tall, muscular and transparent shape blended in the environment.

She watched as the Goblin raised his blade and slashed down but the transparent shape’s blades seemingly were immediately raised and parried the Goblin’s strike. The shape extended a hand and took hold of the Goblin by the throat. The shorter creature was lifted from the ground and the two blades then plunged themselves into the gut of the Goblin. Blood ruptured from the entrance and exit wound of the Goblin and it spasm violently before it’s body went limp and the transparent shape then flung the body off from the blades. Deedlit kept her sights on the red ripples from where the two blades of the transparent shape seemed to be emanating from. So far, the thing hadn’t even so much as noticed her presence and if anything… she would like to keep it that way. But the creature turned and looked to the direction of where the High Elf happened to be but… there was nothing there.

At the last minute, Deedlit managed to quickly teleport from one three to another seemingly almost by leaping. Quickly, she moved her hand down to her Elven sword and drew the weapon out.  As the weapon was unsheathed, the transparent creature turned and seemingly appeared to glare at the High Elf.

Whatever this unspeakable creature happened to be… Deedlit knew that it was a considerable threat to all of Lodoss, maybe even all of Forcelia.

And it needed to be stopped at all cost.

I wanted to do something different for the CBUB and those of you who know me for my body of work going all the way back to 2008 know that I have written many Predator match ups. However, I want to say that this DOES NOT mark the return of me doing Predator fights at all, and this is more of a one-shot than anything else. I also wanted to start off the debut of a character who has been submitted to the CBUB for well over a decade but has never been used until now-- so I am on kind of a little bit of a fantasy kick, and I figured why not use Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War-- perhaps the ONLY fantasy anime which I happen to like where the characters are reasonably powerful but not necessarily world obliterating like many characters in newer fantasy genre based anime happen to be portrayed as.

And having been inspired by YouTube channels such as Infinity Sci-Fi and Schizofenik who have done match ups with Predators in the past, I decided to use Feral Predator from Disney's PREY movie, and well.... I was briefly inspired by the movie and the world of Lodoss to do a match up like this. So here we have high fantasy going up against sci-fi action and horror here.

I also want to say that as far as what material for Feral is going to be used, we're only going to be using PREY to examine Feral's feats and abilities. Also, while the Predators do have an extensive history in the expanded universe thanks to Dark Horse comics, the games and novels... We're NOT going to be used the Dark Horse comics, the games or the novels from the 1990s to 2010s as they are NO LONGER considered canon by Disney since the 2018 purchase of the Alien-Predator franchise. So as far as feats are concerned... Feral's feats and abilities are to be examined from PREY only.

Deedlit is at Athletic level conditioning due to Physical Training.

Deedlit is armed with her Elven Sword and Throwing Daggers.

Deedlit has access to her Shamanistic Magic. This means she can cast wind spells, light spells, water spells, silence spells, sleep spells, etc.

Feral Predator is Mid-Tier Superhuman in terms of Physicals due to Training and Predator physiology.

Feral Predator is armed with Wristblades, Combi-Staff, Bolt Gun, Net Ball and Wrist Shield.

BATTLE ENVIRONMENT MAP

dJaLctV.png

From the main image I thought Deedlit was a dude.

I'm not a fantasy guy but I believe elves are physically superior. At least that was how Legolas and the gang were implied in the Lord of the Rings movies.

On her home turf I think Deedlit can pull this off. I'd say predator if it were on their hunting world like in the one movie.

36 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

From the main image I thought Deedlit was a dude.

Seriously?!

I'm not a fantasy guy but I believe elves are physically superior. At least that was how Legolas and the gang were implied in the Lord of the Rings movies.

Eeeeeeh.... Well, if this was the old continuity Predators with the old and now de-canonized EU material... I would dispute that but since this is Disney era Predator... I'm gonna let you have that. Even though Feral Predator was shown to break the neck of a Grizzly Bear and killed it with a single punch. But Deedlit has shamanistic magic.

Also... Lodoss Elves are different from Tolkien elves. They're still superior to humans though but... different Elves.

I'm not a fantasy guy either, but... I REALLY like Record of Lodoss War, you should give it a watch!

On her home turf I think Deedlit can pull this off. I'd say predator if it were on their hunting world like in the one movie.

Considering that this is set on the island of Lodoss, and set in the forest just outside of the town of Zaxon which is where the first few episodes of the anime take off from, I would say Deedlit's got some advantage since she's technically got home field advantage.

You certainly haven't lost your touch Rakai, good work on this one as well. In particular, I liked how you wrote for each character specifically from their perspectives in this fight, such as the Predator looking at everything as foreign, an undiscovered world, ripe with possibilities, while Deedlit is more familiar, accustomed to her surroundings, and knows when something is out of the ordinary by virtue of her own knowledge and experiences, she's used to it. By comparison, and approximation, the Predator is akin to two types of figures for me, the familiar one of the hunter who is stalking his prey for sport, connected to nature but also connected to the thrill of the kill, and oddly enough the explorer, the Lewis and Clark individual, whose desire to learn about the unknown around him is almost as powerful, almost as potent as his urge to both hunt and kill prey, in that your writing works in both conveying the character's backstory and your personal writing as whole, by bringing a sense of familiar and a sense of intrigue to the character, you encourage the reader to read because of the way you portray the character as a whole. Deedlit too is interesting to me, as she is portrayed about the same as most Elven characters, but is equally a naturalist in her own right, an appreciator of the world around her and the things in it as a whole, she does desire to hunt nor to kill others, only getting violent when necessary from what I gather, but she nonetheless see's nature as something wonderful, in a different way than the Predator does, but a no less similar sense as a whole. The connection between them, these two remarkably different beings in their mutual appreciations for nature and this world, is certainly palpable to me, and works, again, to draw the reader into each character as a whole, and into the story as well, as it isn't the particular connection one would expect from their interaction, but is an important one to behold.

A great match to be sure here too, as Deedlit may have a greater familiarity and sense of experience through her time in this particular world of hers, but the Predator still possesses its skills and its own experiences, not the same as Deedlit's here, and not in this world, but enough to back up on, that it can hold its own, in spite of the unknown surrounding it is placed in here. That said, I think in a clash between these two Deedlit might be slightly under the gun, but I think that her ability to fight and hold her own in this world, may present her the edge she needs to win, especially with the usage of magic and teleportation available to her from her original media.

2 hours ago, Z451 said:

You certainly haven't lost your touch Rakai, good work on this one as well. In particular, I liked how you wrote for each character specifically from their perspectives in this fight, such as the Predator looking at everything as foreign, an undiscovered world, ripe with possibilities, while Deedlit is more familiar, accustomed to her surroundings, and knows when something is out of the ordinary by virtue of her own knowledge and experiences, she's used to it. By comparison, and approximation, the Predator is akin to two types of figures for me, the familiar one of the hunter who is stalking his prey for sport, connected to nature but also connected to the thrill of the kill, and oddly enough the explorer, the Lewis and Clark individual, whose desire to learn about the unknown around him is almost as powerful, almost as potent as his urge to both hunt and kill prey, in that your writing works in both conveying the character's backstory and your personal writing as whole, by bringing a sense of familiar and a sense of intrigue to the character, you encourage the reader to read because of the way you portray the character as a whole. Deedlit too is interesting to me, as she is portrayed about the same as most Elven characters, but is equally a naturalist in her own right, an appreciator of the world around her and the things in it as a whole, she does desire to hunt nor to kill others, only getting violent when necessary from what I gather, but she nonetheless see's nature as something wonderful, in a different way than the Predator does, but a no less similar sense as a whole. The connection between them, these two remarkably different beings in their mutual appreciations for nature and this world, is certainly palpable to me, and works, again, to draw the reader into each character as a whole, and into the story as well, as it isn't the particular connection one would expect from their interaction, but is an important one to behold.

A great match to be sure here too, as Deedlit may have a greater familiarity and sense of experience through her time in this particular world of hers, but the Predator still possesses its skills and its own experiences, not the same as Deedlit's here, and not in this world, but enough to back up on, that it can hold its own, in spite of the unknown surrounding it is placed in here. That said, I think in a clash between these two Deedlit might be slightly under the gun, but I think that her ability to fight and hold her own in this world, may present her the edge she needs to win, especially with the usage of magic and teleportation available to her from her original media.

Writing this out proved to be something of a difficult challenge for me because I had to remove all of the Yautja stuff which I amassed as far as knowledge goes over the last twenty two years, because everything which was published and printed between the years of 1989 to 2013 has all been effectively retconned out of continuity since the 2018 Disney purchase of the Alien-Predator franchises. So... I had to write the Feral Predator as a creature character, rather than as a character that audiences are supposed to humanize or somehow relate with. So, I had to refer to the Feral Predator as a creature, or a figure, shape, or even as IT to really emphasize that this thing is more of a feral, aggressive but intelligent entity. From what I have seen of Feral in the movie PREY, he is definitely a different sub-species of Predator (I refuse to call him a Yautja because... I DON'T like this character and his design) that is said to have evolved in a different hemisphere of the planet, and has a completely different diet and has evolved accordingly as such but is also said to be more animalistic and less intelligent than the mainstream Predators we know.

Deedlit I had to write from memory based on what I've seen of her from watching the original Record of Lodoss War anime, and it's spin-off series Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. Deedlit is someone who appreciates the nature all around herself, even taking the time to see beauty in every day things that we see, sometimes even seeing things which we don't, recognizing that all life is precious and that there's an intelligence to everything in nature. To her, the life of a human or the life of a worm is of no difference, a life is a life and she recognizes and acknowledges the sorrow whenever a loss of life is felt. The Feral Predator on the otherhand is something that is completely opposite and contrast of Deedlit, in that this is a hunter who has openly killed things which has posed little threat to it when it had killed a snake, and proceeded to skin it and remove it's skull, and then it went onto moving up the food chain as it studied the predation process on Earth. So then it proceeded to hunt things such as a Grizzly Bear, a Wolf, and then moved onto hunting Humans via the Comanche hunters and the Fur Trappers.

Yeah, I would think that Deedlit would have to play things out carefully but she does have her Elven abilities and her magic on her side of course. Something which Naru didn't have as far as the events of PREY are concerned. And Feral wasn't too intelligent of a Hunter as he also was extremely reckless when he fought the Bear, the Wolf, the Comanche and the Fur Trappers-- he was nowhere as competent as the Jungle Hunter or City Hunter.

So I thought this would be an interesting match up.