Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18154 Champions (Second Version) vs. Cobra Organization

Movie-Brat

"So, our intruder is nothing more than a mere child?" Serpentor laughed. "Don't make me laugh!"

Gert glared at Serpentor with contempt. She was not exactly too happy in the predicament given what had happened to her in the past 24 hours. 

She had witnessed Cobra Commander and Destro earlier making some kind of drug deal with people from an alternate universe. Then when she got spotted, she got framed when G.I. Joe came into the picture and assumed she was in on the deal. 

But at the very least, her friends, the rest of the Runaways came to her aid and brought alongside the teen superhero team the Champions in order to help clear her name. 

Gert was grateful, insanely so, but wondered what they were going to do and Ms Marvel had just the answer for it. 

Gert thought the plan was insane and dangerous as it was suggested she sneak into base, purposefully get caught and getting anyone from Cobra to gloat and monologue, all while wearing a wire. 

Gert was skeptical until she was presented with an ear piece device invented by Riri Williams, otherwise known as Ironheart and Nadia Van Dyne, the Unstoppable Wasp. 

The device functioned like a typical wire with both girls and even Ms Marvel supervising the recording and getting the frequency just right. With Nadia supervising the recording, while Riri would hack into the frequencies of G.I. Joe headquarters to send them the recording. 

Besides the involvement of the rest of the Runaways, the Champions even managed to recruit the New Mutants for their mission. It was evident the Champions and the Runaways would need all the help they can get given this was an infamous terrorist organization determined to rule the world. 

Gert though insisted on bringing Old Lace, just to make it authentic she was going into Cobra headquarters head on. That and did not wish to part with her dinosaur friend. 

Ms Marvel obliged but made sure Gert is ready and really wants to agree to the plan. Gert insisted she can pull it off, anything to clear her name. 

Finally, Pinpoint dropped off Gert and Old Lace inside Cobra headquarters around a hangar bay behind a few boxes. He wished them both good luck before teleporting back. 

With a nod, Gert and Old Lace went to work sneaking around, especially after one tap, the ear piece is activated. If she was going to get captured, she might as well turn it on now in case of hand cuffs or physically restrained. It was just common sense.

Gert and Old Lace snuck around to the best of their abilities. Avoiding every guard, every soldier at every turn. She saw their opportunity to run down the hallway but hid in every closet to avoid the most notable members of Cobra. 

They avoided the Dreadknocks, Tomax and Xamot, even Storm Shadow, despite having initial suspicions. 

However a few minutes later, Gert and Old Lace did get caught, albeit by accident when making a wrong turn and was caught by a couple of soldiers in metal face plates known as Vipers. She pulled a Marty McFly i.e. shouting "Guys, what's that?!" And pushing them down agterwards. All toppling over each other like they were the Three Stooges. 

Old Lace managed to put up a fight against a lot of Cobra personnel. But ultimately were cornered by Zartan, Destro, the Baroness, Zarana and Storm Shadow. 

Serpentor requested to see the intruder who "dared to challenge Cobra." But of course, laughed that the intruder is a teenager. Gert glared at him as she was restrained by two Cobra soldiers. 

"This coming from a guy dressed up like a snake?" Gert snarked. "You look like you're better off selling action figures than running a terrorist organization."

As Cobra Commander snickered quietly, Dr. Mindbender shouted, "You do not disrespect the mighty Serpentor, little brat!"

"I will not be insulted by a petulant teenager!" Screamed Serpentor. 

"If you think that, put me in my place." Gert said. 

"Excuse me?" Asked the Cobra emperor. 

"You want to gloat, right?" Gert continued. "You're making this interdimensional drug deal and got me framed, even caught me when trying to clear my name."

She added, "Go ahead, tell me your grand plan and how I can't stop you!"

Serpentor laughed. "Gladly, if only to to put in your place, child!"

'We'll see...' Gert thought to herself, knowing full well what she had just done.

"Dr. Mindbender had proposed the possibilities of other universes. I simply obliged and had Cobra Commander make contact with two individuals known as Jackal and Hyena." 

As he monologued to Gert, elsewhere, in the Champions mobile bunker where much of the teen heroes listened in on the now apparent confession. 

Nadia had perfected the frequency while Riri successfully hacked G.I. Joe headquarters to transfer the confession from Serpentor. 

Ms Marvel listened in intently. Already she hated his attitude and could not wait to be the one to put Serpentor in his place. 

Serpentor continued, "They've searched for a particular dimension to bring forth a drug known as Nuke and I intended to initiate to sell to the drug market."

"Since you were there, you were perfect as a diversion!" Cobra Commander said. 

"Silence, worm!" Serpentor growled loudly at Cobra Commander before turning back to face Gert as he rose from his throne. "But yes, you were perfect as no one would believe a a child, let alone an adolescent. I could further frame you while things proceed further as planned. You can't stop me, you will never stop Cobra, you are helpless against my might! This I command!"

Serpentor laughed victoriously but Gert could only smile. 

"Gert! We got everything! We're coming in!" Gert heard Ms Marvel over the earpiece. Now she was more grateful for her friends and allies. 

Serpentor ceased laughing however as he saw her smile. 

"And what are you smiling about?" Serpentor demanded. 

"Because you're so stupid, you didn't know you were being conned?" Gert spat. 

"What?!" Shouted Serpentor. 

Finally, he noticed the earpiece. He removed it from Gert's ear and stared at it in shock before his face morphed into anger. 

"You will pay for your insolence!" Serpentor screamed as he was ready to slap Gert. 

"Don't bet on it, jerk!" 

He looked up to be greeted by a overly large brown skinned fist hitting him and knocking him back to the point of breaking his throne. The many members of Cobra turned in shock to see the Champions as lead by Ms Marvel, ready to fight after Pinpoint teleported all the members in the nick of time. 

"Who dares to lay a hand on Serpentor?!" He screamed in anger as he rose from the punch. 

"We do!" Ms Marvel said. "And we're gonna put a stop to you once and for all!"

"Your forces may have superior numbers but we have more forces and firepower." Serpentor laughed. "What can you do to stop us?!"

Suddenly, a bright light emerged from the ground and with it came the arrival of the rest of the Runaways and the New Mutants as teleported in by Magik. 

"You did not see that coming?" Magik smirked. 

And immediately, she sliced off the guns of various Cobra guards and soldiers in quick succession. To which they ran away in fear. 

"Show off!" Dani scoffed to which Magik giggled in response. 

"Cowards!" Serpentor growled. 

Gert slipped away for her and Old Lace to join the teen heroes in battle. 

"Thanks!" Gert said. "But I want to join in beating up these jerks."

"That's fine with us!" Ms Marvel concurred. 

"Enough!" Serpentor pounded his fists on what remained of his throne before screaming, "Attack! ATTACK!!!!"

Serpentor on the hover chariot and the many members of Cobra run towards the heroes.

"Let's do this! Champions Charge!" Ms Marvel shouted as she and the other heroes charge at the Cobra members. 

----------

I thought I'll take a small break from my current storyline to do something fun especially since this is my 100th match up on this site and this was the result. I was hoping to get this in time before the name charge from Electric Ferret to Magnetic Ferret but alas but hey, maybe my 100th fight would nicely coincide with it. 

Yes, this is a sequel to my previous fight being Gert vs G.I. Joe. In this case, it's Champions with Runaways and New Mutants vs Cobra. 

The objective being can the teen heroes win and clear Gert's name to G.I. Joe and defeat Cobra? 

On the heroes side, for the Champions, there's Ms Marvel, Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Nova (Sam Alexander), Viv Vision, Brawn (Amadeus Cho), Ironheart, Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne), Snowguard, Locust, Bombshell (Lana Baumgartner), Starling, Moon Girl, Pinpoint, Cloud 9, Dust, Falcon (Joaquin Torres), Hummingbird and Starling.

With the Runaways, Nico Minoru, Karolina Dean, Gert Yorkes with Old Lace, Molly Hayes, Chase Stein and Gibb. 

And the New Mutants, there's Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Karma, Magik, Cannonball, Sunspot and Boom Boom. 

On the Cobra side, there's Serpentor, Cobra Commander, Destro, Baroness, Major Bludd, Tomax, Xamot, Storm Shadow, Dr. Mindbender, Zartan, Zandar, Zarana and the Dreadknocks Buzzer, Ripper, Torch, Monkeywrench and Thrasher. 

Along with a few Cobra soldiers, Crimson Guards, Vipers and B.A.T.S. 

Everyone is at full strength and power. Yes even Magik. 

Congrats on your 100th match, Movie-Brat. :D 

Decent set-up. I'm not overtly familiar with the current Champion members, but the characterization of the Cobra characters is pretty good. Serpentor, though, is just as likely to literally backhand Gert across the room for her "insolence" immediately (as he did to Cobra Commander many times in the old cartoon) as he is to monologue his plan in front of her. 

As for the match, yeah, the Champions stomp this. In fact, if Magik is at full power, she could probably solo both G.I. Joe and Cobra at once. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Congrats on your 100th match, Movie-Brat. :D 

Decent set-up. I'm not overtly familiar with the current Champion members, but the characterization of the Cobra characters is pretty good. Serpentor, though, is just as likely to literally backhand Gert across the room for her "insolence" immediately (as he did to Cobra Commander many times in the old cartoon) as he is to monologue his plan in front of her. 

Thanks on both accounts! And okay, too true but I wanted a cool badass rescue moment. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
3.40 - DSkillz
4.70 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
8.10 Total Combined Score
8.10 / 2 = 4.05 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Champions (Second Version): 3
Cobra Organization: 1