MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18078 Siegfried vs. General M. Bison

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 188

1933503574_zackandhelena.jpg.b0dbc8aa90c3eb71a254219ad17de3f9.jpg

After Ayane had left the hospital courtyard (REF: KASUMI VS. KAZUYA MISHIMA), Zack rushed Kokoro inside to receive medical treatment for the wounds she suffered at the hands of the mysterious assassin. Inside, many of the staff had returned after fleeing the building during the fights that broke out throughout the facility. (REF: SHIKI VS. YANG) Zack checked on the status of Chun-Li and Yang and then called up his boss.

“I Hope you have good news, Zack,” Helena Douglas declared by way of greeting. “Things have not been going smoothly over here.”

Zack cringed before he replied. “I don’t want to be the one to pile on, but it hasn’t been great here either. Kokoro is in intensive care right now. I think she will be okay but she was cut up real bad by some strange ninja assassin.” (REF: KOKORO VS. SHIKI)

Helena gasped. “That’s horrible.”

“Yeah,” Zack agreed. “Good news is Ayane showed up and put that assassin in her place. Also, I bumped into Chun-Li of all people at this hospital.”

“Chun-Li? It has been so long,” Helena marveled. (REF: BRAD WONG VS. LEI WULONG)

“I know. She found the guy responsible for the death of her friend, but then she was beat down by a woman who I’m pretty sure must have been Rachel,” explained Zack. (REF: CHUN-LI VS. RACHEL)

“You mean Rachel as in Ryu Hayabusa’s friend, Rachel?” Helena inquired.

“Zack answered, “That’s the one. Unless you can think of any other statuesque blondes that enjoy wearing leather and carrying around war hammers. When Chun-Li described her, I figured it had to be Rachel.”

“That is so bizarre. I would have assumed Rachel and Chun-Li would be allies right now,” stated Helena. “Was she infected by Soul Edge?”

“I had the same assumption, but Chun-Li said her eyes were never orange and she didn’t display any of the other obvious symptoms,” Zack informed. “Speaking of infected women though, Kokoro and I never found the female fighter from the video, the one that was definitely inflicted. (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. KATARINA ALVES) I have heard that she is in this hospital as well. What’s happening on the Survivor?”

“A couple of Prime Minister Sobieska’s agents broke Shermie and Vice free from confinement then infected King with Soul Edge shards as a way of distraction to make their escape.  (REF: GUILE VS. KING) Lidia has disavowed their actions and I believe her. The two agents have gone off the grid,” Helena recapped. “I believe Orochi must have been a motivating factor so I was hoping Hitomi or Eliot would be able to ask Kyo Kusanagi about it since they would be with him and he has experience with the ancient entity . Unfortunately, I have been unable to get a hold of Eliot (REF: IBUKI VS. ELIOT) and one of the DOATEC medics just recently made contact to inform me that Hitomi has also been inflicted.” (REF: HITOMI VS. KEN MASTERS)

“Wow! That is a lot,” Zack responded. His eyes traveled over to the television where the news was now covering the cleanup of the mysterious explosion by the Millenium Tower. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. MAI SHIRANUI) “Oh! I almost forgot there was some weird orange cloud by the G Corporation HQ. Some of Chun-Li’s friends went to investigate it. Looked pretty ominous, I could do a flyby if you want me to.”

“Just provide the Inspector’s friends with whatever help they require. The only way we will get through this is by helping one another,” stated Helena.

“Will do,” Zack announced. “Hey, did the DOATEC medical guys say anything about Eliot and Hitomi being able to find Kolin?”

“Hitomi and Ken Masters had her in their sights before the overexposure to Soul Edge shards took over Hitomi. She, along with our only connection to Urien, has again disappeared into the wind.” Helena lamented.

Zack shook his head. “Man, it feels like at some point our luck has to start changing, right?”

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1225966336_gillurien.jpg.5bd5caf750db16d3d26a748711abbd46.jpg

After hours of searching, Kolin finally located the entrance of a secret cave. Once inside, she stepped over the bodies of slain Secret Society members and made her way to the center where the homing beacon signal was leading her to. Once there, she saw a somewhat surprising sight, her leader Gill and his brother, Urien, sitting on a section of the cave floor surrounded by vast sections of emptiness. 

Kolin bowed in deference, “Are you okay my lord?”

“Yes,” the leader of the Secret Society replied. “I knew you would find me.”

“If I may ask, how did you end up here?”

Gill chuckled. “I was defeated in battle by a literal knight in shining armor.” (REF: SIEGFRIED VS. GILL)

Kolin’s eyes widened in disbelief. “You? Defeated?”

“Yes, it was a little hard to believe for me at first as well, however I now see it as a sign from the world that it is not yet ready for my ascension,” Gill boasted.

“I am so pleased to see you, I have so much to tell you about,” Kolin began.

Gill lifted his hand in the air to quiet his assistant. “I am sure I know what you are going to tell me about. It has to do with Urien, right? And the many nefarious things he has put in motion?” (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)

“Well, yes,” Kolin admitted.

“Be at ease and know that I am well aware of his schemes and machinations,” Gill said calmly. “We have talked all about it. In fact, there wasn’t much to do down here other than talk. His misguided desire for my position has titled the world toward chaos, and that is something we must help rectify. I have no intention of leading a world in ruin.”

With her suspicions about Urien confirmed, Kolin became eager to assist. “What would you like me to do, my lord? Where do we even start?”

“We start by having you detail Urien’s plans to those who can use the information to put a stop to this chaos. Then we shall step aside and let the heroes put an end to this,” stated Gill.

Kolin was puzzled. “And that’s it?”

“Yes,” Gill decided. “The information you provide should give them the clarity they need to do what needs to be done.” Gill glanced over at Urien with the expression of a disappointed parent. “Whereas we have already intervened enough on this matter and will do so no more.”

“Yes my lord, I understand.”

“There is still so much work to be done before I can declare myself to the world.” Gill again regarded his disgruntled brother. “Including figuring out the best way to deal with Urien’s treachery in our own way.”

Urien rolled his eyes and refused to speak.

“I guess my only remaining question I have is what happened to the knight you battled?” Kolin asked.

“He earned my utmost respect in our battle, so I asked him what was the one thing he truly desired. He told me that all he wanted was to ensure that Soul Edge would never fully return to this world. So I told him about the man I believe to be the biggest threat to bring about that possibility and how to find him.”

siegfried.jpg.58ad30bb2885625fe45d5481b1519dad.jpg

Inside the Yata village, Chizuru Kagura watched helplessly from the ground as her friend Kyo Kusaganagi struggled to keep up with the powerful leader of Shadoloo, General M. Bison. (REF: KYO KUSANAGI VS. M. BISON) Bison blocked an overhead attack from Kyo then shielded himself from Kyo’s flames. Bison glided through the flames’ smoke and clocked Kyo with a thunderous scissor kick. Kyo’s head flung back in pain and Bison continued his assault with a purple flamed punch to Kyo’s stomach. Bison grabbed Kyo by the shoulder, twisted his body, and flung Kyo into a nearby statue with excessive force. The statue shattered upon impact and Kyo struggled to his feet amidst the rubble.

“Psycho Crusher!”

Bison twirled in the air with his most devastating attack and embalmed Kyo in Psycho energy. The pain radiated through Kyo’s body, but the young fighter from Japan would not give up yet. He stood up and shot a fire projectile across the ground at Bison. The projectile exploded on impact and Kyo attempted to follow up with the strongest punch he could muster. He whiffed as his punch found nothing but air when it went through the flames. Bison was already back in the air and he stomped on Kyo’s face and then completed his Head Press technique with a falling double palm strike. Bison smelled blood in the water as Kyo teetered backward.

“Psycho Crusher!”

Bison again utilized his signature move to engulf Kyo in Psycho energy and drop his motionless body to the ground. Bison stood victorious over his beaten adversary and made a threatening throat slash gesture with his thumb to signal the end of Kusanagi.

Bison picked up Kyo by his throat. “The way I see it, as long as I can obtain one of the Three Sacred Treasures to prevent Orochi from being resealed, the other two become useless. This would mean your existence would be unnecessary.” 

Psycho power emanated from Bison’s hand as held Kyo in the air, choking him.

“Please Stop!” Chizuru pleaded. “Bison! If you promise to spare him I will give you the Yata Mirror.”

“Chizuru, don’t,” Kyo protested weakly.

M. Bison dropped Kyo to the ground and stepped over to the equally hurt Chizuru Kagura.

“Now you want to bargain with me, woman? Keep talking.”

“No, that will be enough from you evil dictator!” Siegfried proclaimed.

The legendary knight approached M. Bison with Soul Calibur in his hands on proud display.

“What is this?” Bison sneered. “Is this your doing, woman? Have you summoned a knight to try and stop me?”

“I am here of my own accord,” the former Azure Knight proclaimed. “My name is Siegfried and I am here to put an end to your reign of terror.”

M. Bison smirked. “Many have tried.”

“Many were not me. I have lived many lifetimes and seen the world of darkness that you so foolishly chase. I have not intervened before, but now your actions are feeding directly into Soul Edge, emboldening the Evil Seed, and that is something I cannot permit,” Siegfried declared

M. Bison’s eyes lit up at the mention of Soul Edge. “Ah, you are one of them.” Bison laughed loudly at this unforeseen turn of events. “All this time I spent hunting you down (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA) and here you are pursuing me.”

“You will not find it so amusing once you fall victim to my might,” Siegfried warned.

Psycho energy erupted from both of Bison’s palms. “Then show me everything you have, legendary warrior, and you will discover what real power is.”

This is a good part and built up really well. Nicely done.

Bison wins this 6/10 for me. It's really close but his psycho power really gives him that slight edge. He doesn't have a weapon like Siege, but I don't think it will hurt him too bad.

Another good set-up, Johnny. That hospital is getting filled up with fighters pretty quickly, lol. 

As for the match, I have a small feeling that Siegfried could eke out a victory here. Siegfried's already beaten Gill in this arc, and aside from his power with Soul Calibur, Bison has at times proven to be a little too arrogant for his own good.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz
4.80 - leroypowell3
5.00 - SSJRuss
4.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.60 Total Combined Score
23.60 / 5 = 4.72 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE